Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Jastiger posted:

I have a 100% plot to kill him..how do I make it happen?

Now you just have to wait. Eventually you should get an event mentioning that the attempt is being made. The flavour text for succeeding/failing is particularly good for the assassination events.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

ChikoDemono posted:

http://m.gamestop.com/Catalog/Product/109653

Old Gods on sale for $7.49 at GameStop.

So I just bought this. How do I access the code without downloading this dumb application?

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

Think you'll need the client, sadly.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Dunno if it's working as you intend in CK2+ Wiz, but the Mongols cannot conquest anything other than counties. Makes it a bit hard to actually take over anything in the Mongols scenario.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah I think I"m screwed. I revolted and ended up ousting my uncle, but now I have no heir. Every kid I have is not with the correct father, so I'm screwed. I'm queen again, but how do I get my dynasty to continue?

Leb
Jan 15, 2004

Change came to America on November the 4th, 2008, in the form of an unassuming Senator from the state of Illinois.
Murder your husband, remarry matrilineally and start pumping out babies.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Leb posted:

Murder your husband, remarry matrilineally and start pumping out babies.

Hmmm..alright. And what of the rebellious vassal I have that immediately plots against me if I release him from prison? I can't revoke his title without reason it says, but he's making me unable to change laws because he has a negative opinion of me.

Never mind he died in the dungeon. Heh.

Jastiger fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Jun 22, 2013

Leb
Jan 15, 2004

Change came to America on November the 4th, 2008, in the form of an unassuming Senator from the state of Illinois.
If he's plotting anything sufficiently dastardly, you'll have an option to righteously imprison him. If not, incite him to revolt, then imprison him once you've beaten him silly. He is now a traitor and you may revoke one of his titles without penalty. Alternatively, you may decide that the vassal is a soddin' wanker and a -20 relation hit isn't that big of a deal.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Jastiger posted:

Hmmm..alright. And what of the rebellious vassal I have that immediately plots against me if I release him from prison? I can't revoke his title without reason it says, but he's making me unable to change laws because he has a negative opinion of me.

Just keep him in jail! Jail is a good place for bad vassals.

Leb
Jan 15, 2004

Except when that vassal is weak, stupid and possessing of a title you desire. Let him out, incite a revolt, lock him back up and pow, another free title!

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Does anybody know how I could change the prepared viking invasion CB to be useable by all Pagans, and whether it can used by landlocked nations?

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN
Since when am I not allowed to marry muslims?! I was thinking of bedding a brilliant beautiful Bedouin babe and now I'm getting rejections because I'm an "infidel"! This never used to be a problem before! She's just a courtier, why should you care, Mr. Muslim Ruler Guy?

This puts a real damper on my eugenics system. :mad:

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Lareine posted:

Since when am I not allowed to marry muslims?! I was thinking of bedding a brilliant beautiful Bedouin babe and now I'm getting rejections because I'm an "infidel"! This never used to be a problem before! She's just a courtier, why should you care, Mr. Muslim Ruler Guy?

This puts a real damper on my eugenics system. :mad:

Pretty sure they added this in the Old Gods compat patch along with the technology revamp. Might be a big contributor to realms getting even more unstable/blobby since the DLC's release because they also changed fertility/death rates across the board. In total you have a lot less options for marriageable people, and the 867 start with the Karlings and noted lack of female Pagan courtiers makes it even worse.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

'Oh wow I'm married to the Kaeserin, she has good stats like high intrigue to help my guy's miserable low intrigue and everything!'
'Huh what is this icon I missed when preparing marriage...'

'Well gently caress.'

So anyway I can't plot as I have lovely intrigue, however I'm good with the Pope so planning to divorce her is my next move.

*Celibacy -1000% Fertility.

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth
> Discussion > Games > Crusader Kings II: Seriously, gently caress the Karlings

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
So, how severe are the penalties for inbreeding in this game?

I noticed one of my half-sisters had married a cousin of hers, and they have had three genius kids with the lunatic trait so far, which I thought was pretty hilarious.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Protagorean posted:

> Discussion > Games > Crusader Kings II: Seriously, gently caress the Karlings

Seriously: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=154609439

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
The game actually uses a limited genetic model to track interbreeding. Each character has a string of letters representing their genes. A child inherits half the string (but one) from each parent, with the last two letters being generated at random. If you try breeding two characters whose genetic strings are too similar you get an increased chance of getting the inbred trait.

So in short, a little interbreeding here and there shouldn't be too risky. Keep doing it, however, and everyone'll have similar genetic strings and start birthing Charles II of Spain all over the place.

Of course, the random factor can still mess you up. I had an uncle/niece marriage in my dynasty the other day and just as I was explaining to my friend who was watching how a one-off intermarriage doesn't hold much risk, the niece popped out an inbred baby. :xcom: X-Com Crusader Kings.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Woah, just checked Steam and apperantly it's 75% off? Wait how much does th- 19.99. I have 20 bucks on my Steam account.

And I thought I was gonna have to wait for the Steam Summer Sale to get on this train. :fap:

oogs
Dec 6, 2011
Wow, ok. The Aztec invasion is not fun. There's no way to remove them, is there.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Anyone try a Norse Republic yet? I'm king of Sweden before I even had the tech to build trade posts. How does everyone go about organising vassals? I've made as many Lord Mayors as I can without getting tyranny malus. I assume that's the way to go?

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

oogs posted:

Wow, ok. The Aztec invasion is not fun. There's no way to remove them, is there.

Turn off Sunset Invasion :v:

I don't see what you guys are complaining about, this is what Persia players have had to deal with since release. :colbert:

...Oh god... :negative:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
The fair thing would be for someone to release a mod that turns off Mongols.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
CK2+ has a module that gives the Invasions about a 50% chance not to fire. Presumably it would be easy enough to edit into 99% or so.

Noreaus
May 22, 2008

HEY, WHAT'S HAPPENING? :)

Raserys posted:

CK2+ has a module that gives the Invasions about a 50% chance not to fire. Presumably it would be easy enough to edit into 99% or so.

This is the default state of CK2+ - The module turns this behaviour off.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Dirt Worshipper posted:

We need a :xcom: for CK2

Paradox should start putting iron man modes in their grand strategy games.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
So uh, I don't suppose anyone knows why my family coat of arms has been changing every time I load up a save, do they? It's only been happening since I formed the Scandinavian Empire and reformed the faith, if that has anything to do with it. I'm playing vanilla CK2 with all DLC installed.

Sorry if this is already a known issue! (plus for any typos, as I'm writing this on my phone)

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Lawman 0 posted:

Paradox should start putting iron man modes in their grand strategy games.

Isn't that just playing as an Eastern European or Persian count?

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em

Major Isoor posted:

So uh, I don't suppose anyone knows why my family coat of arms has been changing every time I load up a save, do they? It's only been happening since I formed the Scandinavian Empire and reformed the faith, if that has anything to do with it. I'm playing vanilla CK2 with all DLC installed.

Sorry if this is already a known issue! (plus for any typos, as I'm writing this on my phone)

Apparently it's a bug with the reformed CoAs. Someone on the Steam Community suggested changing your CoA's data to the non-bugged version and its religion data back to the unreformed version.

Maybe I should have used an in-game portrait.

grancheater fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Jun 22, 2013

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

DrSunshine posted:

Isn't that just playing as an Eastern European or Persian count?

No? (yes I know thats a joke)
But it would be cool if the iron man mode had in exchange for no reloading a system that would increase your score by whatever arbitrary restrictions you put on yourself.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
Eu4 will have an iron man mode unless I'm imagining things. I think you could see the option was there when they were showing the game off at some point.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
Yep Ironman is confirmed for EU4. I'm going to use it constantly because I'm a big reloading babby and it will make the game way more fun in the long run.

Winter Stormer
Oct 17, 2012

RabidWeasel posted:

Yep Ironman is confirmed for EU4. I'm going to use it constantly because I'm a big reloading babby and it will make the game way more fun in the long run.
I generally don't reload CK2, because it's perfectly possible to have fun after the big bad empire of X knocks over your sandcastle and vassalizes you, or after one of your elected titles goes to the wrong guy, thanks jackass English dukes. It can even makes it more fun, because it gives you something to do besides blobbing tremendously, putting down rebellions constantly, and quitting when no one else can oppose you.

I say 'generally' because holy cow, trying to play Zoroastrians is kicking my rear end.

(Also, I consistently cheat to change inheritance laws when I create a kingdom and it winds up different from the rest of my titles, because that poo poo is goofy as hell :colbert: I can understand it when usurping, but creation from whole cloth? C'mon.)

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

As long as we're talking about EU4 features, is there going to be any way to import your CK2 save? It would be pretty awesome to settle the Americas as Rome.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Inside Outside posted:

As long as we're talking about EU4 features, is there going to be any way to import your CK2 save? It would be pretty awesome to settle the Americas as Rome.

I think they've said that this would definitely be cool to do, and they're thinking about getting it to work, but nothing set in stone (that I know of).

The best thing would be if they got dynamic colonial names and rebellions like in Miscmods :allears:

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Inside Outside posted:

There was some (maybe fake?) evidence that a CK2 -> EU4 converter is going to be one of the pre-order DLCs for EU4. Someone found the banner on a digital dist. site.

Or made it in photoshop. V :shobon: V

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

I managed to make my grandson Basque (purely to change the laws) and so when he came of age I marry him off to some Greek lady with good bonuses. A bit later I die during a hunt, and my heir takes over.

Not a few months after this I drink a poison wine. So I'm the grandson I turned basque now and I see it was him who murdered me with the help of his 21 intrigue wife.

Also does it matter if I have an unlanded son?

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

RabidWeasel posted:

Oh my god.
Time to pre-order.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em

Geokinesis posted:

Unlanded sons give a small prestige penalty each.

So, no, it doesn't really matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Geokinesis posted:

I managed to make my grandson Basque (purely to change the laws) and so when he came of age I marry him off to some Greek lady with good bonuses. A bit later I die during a hunt, and my heir takes over.

Not a few months after this I drink a poison wine. So I'm the grandson I turned basque now and I see it was him who murdered me with the help of his 21 intrigue wife.

I can't tell you many times I've died a suspicious death and immediately gotten the triumphant message, "Your plot to murder your father has succeeded!"

Probably my favorite time is when my six-year-old son did this. Children can't actually plot murders in CK2, but the AI apparently doesn't care!

• Locked thread