Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

what, the county championship?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Holy poo poo some wonderful batting on display in this match

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/22996555

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The pitch boss man said it was fine. Which means they were both just poo poo.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm seeing predictions of all day rain from various sources. The worst outcome might be approaching.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

goatface posted:

I'm seeing predictions of all day rain from various sources. The worst outcome might be approaching.

They have a reserve day.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Mister Chief posted:

They have a reserve day.
No they don't. If it's rained off the trophy's shared.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Shmoses posted:

No they don't. If it's rained off the trophy's shared.

Which is beyond retarded, but totally appropriate.

Bharatrocity
Oct 20, 2005

One day son, all I own will still belong to the state

Why is it played in Birmingham anyway? Spiritual home of ODI cricket?

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

iajanus posted:

Which is beyond retarded, but totally appropriate.
Eh, its probably the least worst option. Better than re-scheduling it or not awarding it at all.

Plus, I really want to see the surreal sight of both teams on a podium celebrating together.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

You'd think they'd have a reserve day for the final at least though

Ilanin
May 31, 2009

Smarter than the average Blair.
You might, but the Champions Trophy has been shared before (though then they did have a reserve day, and that was the second attempt).

Since England are playing New Zealand in a T20I on Tuesday it might be pushing it a bit to fit another (attempt at) an ODI in tomorrow.

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013
I've had to start watching Le Mans instead. Someone died, madness.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Hallowed Turban posted:

I've had to start watching Le Mans instead. Someone died, madness.

Yeah me, of boredom, watching a car race where they dont race.

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

I liked when it rained but they, being athletes, could still carry on.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Pieterson is going bananas against Yorkshire. 106 ball century on his first game back from injury.

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

I can't even remember what he did to get dropped, feels like an age ago.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Hallowed Turban posted:

I can't even remember what he did to get dropped, feels like an age ago.

He didnt want to play ODI's because he was worried about getting injured due to the sheer number and lack of time between games. Then he was told he had to retire from everything or nothing.

Then he played in a pointless ODI and bruised a bone in his leg and couldnt play cricket for months RIPS.

Also lol at the players pulling the covers back on themselves.

YardGlass
Jan 21, 2003

Instant asshole: Just add beer
Looks like play will start in 20mins or so, for 25 overs apiece in the champions 'trophy'.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Somehow its all Ashley Giles' fault.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

He's not dropped atm, just coming back from injury. When he did get dropped it was for texting South Africa team members saying Strauss is a oval office or something, also allegedly calling James Taylor (the batsman not the singer) poo poo in front of everyone, which an unnamed team member thought was a bit of a dickhead thing to do, and it all kicked off big style.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

YardGlass posted:

Looks like play will start in 20mins or so, for 25 overs apiece in the champions 'trophy'.

Its raining again and the covers are back on. I've bitched about this in the past, but it stopped raining around 2.15 in Birmingham, the umpires then waited 45 minutes to even inspect the pitch, then said the game would start 45 minutes later.

On a day where theres showers off and on, spending an hour and a half wasting time makes them look like idiots.

And dont even get me started on the 'If they're already playing they'll stay out in rain that they wouldnt start a match in' stuff.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Wooo, it's raining again.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

From the looks of the radar this could be the last proper rain they get, but they're running out of time.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Funny that if they'd played this at Old Trafford of all places there'd probably have been a full game.

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

YardGlass posted:

Have you ever chugged a yard of milk? Like, do people do that sort of thing?

Lionel Richie posted:

He's not dropped atm, just coming back from injury. When he did get dropped it was for texting South Africa team members saying Strauss is a oval office or something, also allegedly calling James Taylor (the batsman not the singer) poo poo in front of everyone, which an unnamed team member thought was a bit of a dickhead thing to do, and it all kicked off big style.

Ah my mistake, cheers.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Tbf James Taylor is poo poo though.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
And Strauss is mates with David Cameron and has been mooted as a possible Tory candidate for parliament, so.....

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

This strip tease they're doing with the pitch covers at the moment is tense as gently caress. SHOW US YER WICKET

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

I want the game to happen and India to win.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

NeoNaoNeo posted:

This strip tease they're doing with the pitch covers at the moment is tense as gently caress. SHOW US YER WICKET

Bit crude this.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
AHAHAH YOU COULDNT MAKE IT UP!

Umpires have decided we're playing a 20/20, but with the players ready to go now, they reckon its time for a spot to eat and the game will begin at 4.20.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

serious gaylord posted:

AHAHAH YOU COULDNT MAKE IT UP!

Umpires have decided we're playing a 20/20, but with the players ready to go now, they reckon its time for a spot to eat and the game will begin at 4.20.

No it won't

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Are they at least roping the outfield or anything?

YardGlass
Jan 21, 2003

Instant asshole: Just add beer

Hallowed Turban posted:

Have you ever chugged a yard of milk? Like, do people do that sort of thing?

I have not, and I don't believe normal people do. Unfortunately that doesn't rule out many people!

NeoNaoNeo posted:

Indeed. How much does England winning the toss and electing to field favour them do you think?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

YardGlass posted:

I have not, and I don't believe normal people do. Unfortunately that doesn't rule out many people!

Indeed. How much does England winning the toss and electing to field favour them do you think?

There wont be a game so it wont matter, no way will both teams get 20 overs in today, but yes, they should do a 're-toss' when they significantly alter the game.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Cut off times are so stupid. Bollocks to playing conditions, it's just about the longest day of the year, the sun doesn't set until about 21:30 so it wouldn't really be a day/night game.

Yeah it'd be a bit of an inconvenience for the people at the ground who are using public transport, but it's an inconvenience to me as well because it's Sunday and there's nothing else to watch on tv.

Rollie Fingers
Jul 28, 2002

If your hatred of Ashley Giles surpasses your hatred of India, you should kill yourself.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Quanta posted:

If your hatred of Ashley Giles surpasses your hatred of India, you should kill yourself.

They should be equal. The ouroboros of hatred.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

Quanta posted:

You don't understand Ashley Giles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I'm looking forward to Trott slogging a 13 ball 50.

Well thats got to be that then. No way will we get a 20 over a side game now with the rain back. Wait, the rains gone again. The gently caress is going on?

serious gaylord fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jun 23, 2013

• Locked thread