Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

gilljoy posted:

When can we start making Oaths for July? I want to start oathing but don't want to just have a week

1 minute after midnight UTC on July 1st 2013.

Schmetterling posted:

Also, I was wondering whether the bandages would count at all as a conversion? Her usual gear is not really appropriate for fighting, especially in melee, and so giving her a bit more of a shirt is an upgrade (even if the shirt is just bandages).

I'm gonna say yes. Also, I'm using the manufacturer's image of the mini as the "before" and your greenstuffed picture as the "after" for your conversion; in the future, it'd be best to show your actual model in a "before" photo, though, before you do your sculpting (so that we know you did your conversion this month).

Sort of like how Monoliths did here:

Monoliths posted:

:siren:I, MONOLITHS, DO OATH THESE COUNTS-AS PLAGUEBEARERS KITBASHED MOSTLY FROM GW PARTS:siren:

Still have a bit more sculpting to do on their cloaks, but I want to make sure they're oathed in time.

They are conversions, here is the pile o' bits I used to make them:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avenger_Mullah
Dec 28, 2008
Better get my oathin' on
I, Avenger_Mullah, hereby oath: 1 Games Workshop zombie & 1 full turtles fantasy football team from Greebo (12 miniatures, 10mm scale)

Slightly clearer picture of the minis (zombie is primed black):

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

:hist101:
Question re: Oath making cutoff time!

Is the cutoff at midnight at the end of the 22nd, or midnight at the end of the 23rd? I.e., is it coming up in a few hours, or is there another day?

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Matgash posted:

:siren:Oath Complete:siren:

1x Drop Pod

Holy hell that is a clean paint job. Nice one, well done :)

gilljoy
May 3, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

1 minute after midnight UTC on July 1st 2013.

Excelent I'll get some stuff built in prep for the july oath.

Now to how big to go for first oath!

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!

Avenger_Mullah posted:

I, Avenger_Mullah, hereby oath: 1 Games Workshop zombie & 1 full turtles fantasy football team from Greebo (12 miniatures, 10mm scale)

Accepted.

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
:siren: For my final June oath I add: 1 Mule and 1 Rover :siren:
These are both Privateer Press.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Tadhg posted:

Question re: Oath making cutoff time!

Is the cutoff at midnight at the end of the 22nd, or midnight at the end of the 23rd? I.e., is it coming up in a few hours, or is there another day?

New oath or oath addition cut-off time is in a few hours!

:siren: :siren: REMINDER FOR THE OATH DEADLINE *TODAY* :siren: :siren:

To make it super-easy to figure out when the cut-off time for new or completed oaths is, as well as to know when you have to post your completed oath, here are the deadline times:

Cutoff Time in local time
Central EU time: 2 AM tonight
UK time: 1 AM tonight
US Pacific time: 5 PM today
US Mountain time: 6 PM today
US Central time: 7 PM today
US Easter time: 8 PM today
Perth, upside-downland: 8AM tomorrow morning
Australian Eastern Time: 10AM tomorrow morning

These times cover 95% of SA posters, don't be offended if your time zone is not included. And if you are offended, well screw you! If you don't know what time 0:00 GMT is in your time zone, use this link for all your time-telling needs!

In general, there's no way I'm going to be awake at 1 AM local time, so I'll post something 2-4 hours ahead of time and we'll use the forum server timestamps to figure out who posted their oaths a minute too late!

Siili
Dec 27, 2012
I, Siili, oath this one Games Workshop space marine for the month of June.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE
My first oath of the year and I may fail!
First I had to replace a part in my airbrush, then the bulb in my ottlite died and wont be here for 3-5 days.
Gonna be mad-dashing to finish this one.

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

This month isn't looking too great for me either. 7 days left to do a whole lot more work on my Seekers (and the stupid distracting Guardian I wish I hadn't bothered with) having finally figured out how I want to do the colours on the various skin types.

Did some work on this one but I really need to tidy it up and finish up.

This one was some of the work done tonight and I'm happy with how it's coming along so far.

gilljoy
May 3, 2009

Fuegan posted:

This month isn't looking too great for me either. 7 days left to do a whole lot more work on my Seekers (and the stupid distracting Guardian I wish I hadn't bothered with) having finally figured out how I want to do the colours on the various skin types.

Did some work on this one but I really need to tidy it up and finish up.

This one was some of the work done tonight and I'm happy with how it's coming along so far.

That's one fantastic penis horse boob thing.

Colours look very nice would you mind saying what you used?

Arlaharen
Aug 2, 2003

KISSIGA TESTIKLAR
I, Arlaharen, oath this Feralgeist from Privateer Press for June

Adrian Finol
Sep 5, 2004
Oops, I loaded the wrong thread.

Adrian Finol fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Jun 24, 2013

overthefalls
Apr 17, 2005

"They called you exotic, which is just people talk for awesome!"
I, overthefalls, oath the following for June 2013:
- 4x Warp Spiders, from Games Workshop
- 1x Warp Spider Exarch, from Games Workshop

These will be a themed group, since I didn't declare last month's.

ManiacMatt
Feb 28, 2007

This is not the pleasure planet I was promised!
I ManiacMatt Oath one Eldar Warlock made by GW

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Just in time, ManiacMatt!

So, for those of you interested in statistics: in May, with the new thread, we had 125 Oathers! In June we have 104, which includes 10 new goons (who didn't oath in May), so about 30 goons didn't continue on from May to June. By comparison, in 2012 we went from 121 in April to 107 in May (not sure how many were new versus continued, because the old spreadsheet makes that harder to track).

Seems we're doing about the same. I consider last year to have been very successful, so I'm happy with what we've got for June. :)

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
:siren:Oath Complete!:siren:

First up, the big boy of this month, the Ork Stompa!

Here's some of the battle damage portion. There's uh...not exactly a lot I could do to add more damage to the darn thing, it's pretty beat up as-is! Still, I drilled some additional bullet holes in it and scoured a couple scratches in.

After that, we have the 11 Servitor Dice Holders!

I'm really happy with how the lenses came out on these guys. Rather simple, but effective.

Following that up, the 5 Cryx Soul Hunters!

I wanted to experiment with rotting flesh, but in such a way as to make it look stretched out, as if it'd all been just stapled to an iron framework. It was also one of my first times really playing around with Tamiya Red, and I like the effect that it gives on the exposed muscle.

And finally, for completion's sake, a repost of the Cryx Machine Wraith I did up earlier this month!

- - -

That's about it! It's been a long month for me, and everything that could have gone wrong with the Stompa, happened. Being busy with real life things certainly didn't help matters--I would have posted this stuff up at least a week earlier had I not been so preoccupied. Ah well!

For points, I aimed for the June Detektuv’s Jurnal (battle damage), I rolled a 6!...or a 20...or maybe an 01, and Speed Painting! bonuses.

Bavius
Jun 4, 2010

Smurfs don't lay eggs! I won't tell you this again! Papa Smurf has a fucking beard! They're mammals!
Here's some progress, I was going to do the hairspray technique but I've decided to put decals on and weather using a sponge.

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

gilljoy posted:

That's one fantastic penis horse boob thing.

Colours look very nice would you mind saying what you used?

Not at all!

The black is simply a drybrush of Eshin Grey, Dawnstone and Administratum Grey. The skin is a base of Warpfiend Grey, a layer of Slaanesh Grey and a highlight of Slaanesh Grey/White Scar. Any parts that required shading were done with a Druchii Violet/Nuln Oil mix over the basecoat before reapplying Warpfiend to the raised areas before highlighting. Hair is Xereus Purple and will be finished up with a drybrush of Genestealer Purple and then a GSP/White Scar mix before washing with Druchii Violet. The "ribs" on the first picture were 2:1 Daemonette Hide/Black, then a Daemonette Hide layer. I'll probably do a highlight of DH/Slaanesh Grey on some of the edges.

Hope that helps!

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!

Red Shoe posted:

For my final June oath I add: 1 Mule and 1 Rover These are both Privateer Press.

Siili posted:

I, Siili, oath this one Games Workshop space marine for the month of June.

Arlaharen posted:

I, Arlaharen, oath this Feralgeist from Privateer Press for June

overthefalls posted:

I, overthefalls, oath the following for June 2013: 4x Warp Spiders, 1x Warp Spider Exarch, from Games Workshop

ManiacMatt posted:

I ManiacMatt Oath one Eldar Warlock made by GW

Accepted.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Holy balls it's been a long two months, but I nearly finished that flat I oathed(!) But I took no pictures D:

On a more serious note, I've missed two months, so I've got some catching up to do, but I'm looking forward to it. Roll on July.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
:siren: OATH COMPLETE :siren:

I'm still a terrible photographer so these look like crap but in person I am actually really proud of them. Stepped outside my comfort zone a lot on color choices in some places, didn't gently caress up the faces, etc. I need a better camera though like whoa.

Here's the group shot! This is a themed group from Malifaux - Pandora, Baby Kade, Doppleganger, and 3 Sorrows:

Here's Pandora herself:

The Doppleganger, definitely the hardest to photo because of the fair skin and white sheet:

Baby Kade is my Kaptains Log - his teddy is missing a leg so I added some stuffing wounds:

The sorrows:

So that's a completed oath, with Kaptains Log and Themed Group

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
Oath update:

Needs grass, dead brush, enlarged flora, touch-up on skulls, the water effect for the digestion pools, and Ripper Swarm models. A lot of work to do, but it's coming along nicely.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

YF19pilot posted:

I, YF19pilot, do hereby oath the following: ten (10) Zvezda Panzer III G tanks (1/100 or 15mm) and one (1) Battlefront FoW Panzer IV H (also 15mm) for the month of June.

YF19pilot posted:

Making an Oath Addition of 1 Rasputina, 3 Ice Gamin, and 1 Ice Golem from Wyrd Miniature's Malifaux
These are all part of the Rasputina box;

OATH COMPLETED!

DETEKTUV'S JURNUL: Panzer IV Ausf. H with battle damage!

'eres da fing. Dis battlewaguns gotz dez skurts on it.

Seems silly 'nough some git with a dress on 'is 'ting, but dez 'oomies gotz an idea.

See, rockets and wut not work like a flyin' plasma gun dat kills tanks.

Dis skirt is made of metal plates. Rocket hits skirt, rocket breaks skirt, doesn't kill 'oomie wagon, mechboy bolts on anotha skirt. Dis 'oomies alive thanks to 'is skirts.

Panzer III Ausf. G Themed Group

Rasputina and Co. another Themed Group if the previous one doesn't work

Lessons learned:
1) It is better to be patient and paint your tanks while they're in pieces rather than put them together for a game and end up breaking a track trying to pull them apart again.
2) About the only thing worse than my dry brushing is how quickly it killed my (cheap) brushes.
3) Don't pick up German tanks by the shurzen.
4) Red numbers don't turn out well on German Grey.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

YF19pilot posted:

DETEKTUV'S JURNUL: Panzer IV Ausf. H with battle damage!

'eres da fing. Dis battlewaguns gotz dez skurts on it.

Seems silly 'nough some git with a dress on 'is 'ting, but dez 'oomies gotz an idea.

See, rockets and wut not work like a flyin' plasma gun dat kills tanks.

Dis skirt is made of metal plates. Rocket hits skirt, rocket breaks skirt, doesn't kill 'oomie wagon, mechboy bolts on anotha skirt. Dis 'oomies alive thanks to 'is skirts.

Wait, so, to represent battle damage, you... up-armored your tanks? That's cool, but I'm not sure how it addresses the monthly theme. Are any of the tanks' armor panels damaged?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
The side skirt has bullet holes and is missing a piece?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Ah, yes so it does. OK, I didn't see that at first.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Leperflesh posted:

Wait, so, to represent battle damage, you... up-armored your tanks? That's cool, but I'm not sure how it addresses the monthly theme. Are any of the tanks' armor panels damaged?

The Panzer IV Ausf. H rolled off the German factories with the schurzen pre-mounted. It's a popular thing to take a miter saw and cut one of the panels out, like I did with this one. I just went a little further with drilling out some holes. If I really wanted to be lazy I just wouldn't have mounted the schurzen at all and it'd be 'historically accurate' as many a supply shortage could leave a tank in the field with no replacement panels. But, it's the equivalent of taking side-sponson heavy bolters on a Leman Russ and putting pock marks on those.

The Panzer IIIs are G models, which, as far as I know, never mounted shurzen (I think the L model was the first). I'm at a loss how to show battle damage on those without them looking like knocked out tanks, though.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
:pcgaming:OATH COMPLETE!:pcgaming:
One more tac squad for my Dark Angels!

And one with the username:

I wasn't really in the mood to do battle damage on these guys (although I accidentally cut the sergeant's armpit and drilled a hole through a Marine's foot :v:) so I did last month's theme of Suiting Up over again, with a little tutorial on how to paint my bases:

Next, I paint the skulls using Army Painter's Skeleton Bone color:

The whole thing gets an Agrax Earthshade wash:

Which is followed up by a Dawnstone drybrush:

Finally, I paint the base rim in Rhinox Hide. It takes two modestly-thinned coats to do it:

In addition to last month's Suiting Up theme, I would also like to claim Themed Group, as they are a coherent squad.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
:siren:Oath Complete:siren:

That's one Imperial Guard squad with Commissar, and two Spartacus board game gladiators.

Close up of the gladiators.

Backstory

Some folks are born to wave the flag,
Ooh, they're Imperial Citizens True!
And when the Commissars shout "No one step back",
Ooh, they point their boltgun at you, Lord,

It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no planetary governor's son, son.
It ain't me, it ain't me; I ain't no fortunate one, no,
Yeah!

Some folks are born Noble warrent in hand,
Lord, don't they help themselves, oh.
But when the Ministorium comes to the door,
Lord, the house looks like a Orks been though, yeah,

It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no Rogue Trader's son, no.
It ain't me, it ain't me; I ain't no fortunate one, no.

Some folks are tithed to the Guard,
Ooh, they send you down to war, Lord,
And when you ask them, "How much should we give?"
Ooh, they only answer More! more! more! yeah,

It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no Space Marine, son.
It ain't me, it ain't me; I ain't no fortunate one, one.
It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no fortunate one, no no no,
It ain't me, it ain't me, I ain't no fortunate son, no no no,

They never asked to be sent to Planet Nam, but when Governor Ho Chi Min refused his tithe, the Imperium was forced to call on troops from planet Usa.
Once on the ground, the Guardsmen found themselves involved in a brutal guerrilla war. The Nam forces come out of the Jungle and drag their dead back. Now each man can only dream of his term ending and being sent back the the homeworld, for many its become ten years of jungle rot and fierce combat.

Now the 101st Usa Air landing unit are being sent up to take a hill, which is already known as Processed Meat Ration Hill.

The Commissar, Sargent Weapons team and most of the troops.
Whats that? you want battle damage?

Its not been a good day for the 101st.

:siren:This claims the Detektive's Jurnal, Backstory and themed unit bonuses.:siren:

Also This is my first time using static grass. So Leperflesh can't complain about me not basing them. I noticed when painting them that several of them had shades on that made them look like Vietnam Americans, so I went along those lines with them.

This also fulfills my own personal Oath :siren:"Crimes of My Past":siren: - for anyone who didn't see my oath post, These models are 20 year old Imperial Guardsmen which I painted when I was ten. I reclaimed them from the loft at my parents and stripped them down. For anyone interested, this is what they were like when I took them out of the ice cream tub they had been stored in.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Oath Complete!

One injured paratrooper.

I may take better pictures later. I just want this accursed hunk of metal off my desk for now.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Fix posted:

Oath Complete!

One injured paratrooper.

I may take better pictures later. I just want this accursed hunk of metal off my desk for now.

That's what you get for playing the wrong faction you filthy xeno.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

krushgroove posted:

When complete, post 'This is my Display Board entry' with your completed picture.

This is my Display Board entry

Got everything finished up to get my Armies on Parade display put up in the store before I head off for a mini-vacation on the weekend. Now to get back to finishing up the final touches of my Pink Horrors of Tzeentch for another completed oath. :woop:

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Oh man, those turquoise pools are beautiful. Hell, that whole board is beautiful, but those especially.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Fix posted:

I just want this accursed hunk of metal off my desk for now.
Did you remember to magnetize the wings? :v:

PierreTheMime posted:

It's the first time I see that board done well. Great job!

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

PierreTheMime posted:

Got everything finished up to get my Armies on Parade display put up in the store before I head off for a mini-vacation on the weekend. Now to get back to finishing up the final touches of my Pink Horrors of Tzeentch for another completed oath. :woop:

SRM posted:

Oh man, those turquoise pools are beautiful. Hell, that whole board is beautiful, but those especially.

You know what's really awesome, the drat bubbles in the pools. I want to go there :( It looks awesome. Great job Pierre :)

edit: words fail, I am speek english reel gud :v:

enri fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jun 26, 2013

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Pierzak posted:

Did you remember to magnetize the wings? :v:

It's the first time I see that board done well. Great job!

They, and the arms, are pinned.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

PierreTheMime posted:

That looks fabulous! Definitely the best realms of battle board I've ever seen.

... but where's the army to go on it? Gotta see the army on it to get the point!

And of course we can’t have PierreTheMime be the only one to get points from the judges - who's going to step up and make a display board as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

krushgroove posted:

... but where's the army to go on it? Gotta see the army on it to get the point!

:negative:

I'll get some photos of the board in my local GW shop tomorrow for the official photo.

• Locked thread