Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

Whizbang posted:

You're in Korea, don't eat at loving Taco Bell.

Jeez, all right mr. Spoilsport.

Who wants to go to dinner at Outback?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

BrainDance posted:

Never had tacos, nachos or good pizza. Take a wild guess.

If she was American I would have laughed.
Surely not Korean? I can understand about never having taco but never having pizza or nacho? I refuse to believe!

Also... Hapy happy Taco Bell in happy happy Korea! :v:

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
They put tuna in the chicken to save at Taco Bell the first and last time I went there I had a chicken soft taco that tasted like a tuna soft taco. Pulled out a piece and it was absolutely fish. Eccccchh.

DontAskKant
Aug 13, 2011

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THINKING ABOUT THIS POST)
This is the taco you should be having in Seoul. Or the other one, but it's not as big.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Jun 24, 2013

TreFitty
Jan 18, 2003

My stomach has been furious with me over stuffing my face with endless, delicious American food for the first time in 5 years.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Get Cinnabon for me

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
That's it for taco? That's bull poo poo tiny and not enough stuff!

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

Aesis posted:

I agree, but white people with cell phone cameras will hype any lovely food

DontAskKant
Aug 13, 2011

Aesis posted:

These are the largest tacos you'll get in Korea at a restaurant with the most filling.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

DontAskKant posted:

These are the largest tacos you'll get in Korea at a restaurant with the most filling.

Not to mention the best taste along with the best price you'll find anywhere.

Maxsmart
May 24, 2008

Mexichat
The al pastor Tacos at Takorea in Daejeon are the best in the country. The owner is from Mexcio city and imports his ingredients from LA. He even makes his refried beans from scratch.

terivinix
Feb 15, 2012

BrainDance posted:

Never had tacos, nachos or good pizza. Take a wild guess.

If she were Korean, she almost certainly would've had nachos, and she certainly would've had pizza she thought was good, without realising it's terrible.

If you're not afraid to leave the sleaze of Itaewon behind, Don Charly in 경리단 is worth a try. There's only like six seats in the place though.

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
Side track the taco chat, BUT man maekgolli is awesome. And glad to meet southern goons! Fromage I better see you tomorrow in pusan or gimhae. Come get your package

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Kant I didn't see you at the popup but I can report that Linus is packing brand new beef technology that knocked me on my rear end.

Everyone who hasn't yet should follow Linus' bama style barbecue on facebook.

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

terivinix posted:

If she were Korean, she almost certainly would've had nachos, and she certainly would've had pizza she thought was good, without realising it's terrible.

If you're not afraid to leave the sleaze of Itaewon behind, Don Charly in 경리단 is worth a try. There's only like six seats in the place though.

Well, like yeah. Of course she thought it was good pizza. But you and I both know it wasnt. I never said she didn't have pizza, just no good pizza.

I'm pretty sure this girl aint lying to me about being Korean. Maybe, but she plays it off well I guess.

But it went well, we didn't get into vatos (when the gently caress do they open?) but we went to tacos amigos and everything was cool. Thanks Cameron, her first trip to Itaewon was magical.

DontAskKant
Aug 13, 2011

Onion Knight posted:

Kant I didn't see you at the popup but I can report that Linus is packing brand new beef technology that knocked me on my rear end.

Everyone who hasn't yet should follow Linus' bama style barbecue on facebook.

You were in seoul and didn't tell me :bang:

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

caberham posted:

Side track the taco chat, BUT man maekgolli is awesome.

You seem to have gotten lost and ended up in bizzaro Korea, in that case.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Cameron posted:

Uhh, but maekgolli is awesome?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Cameron posted:

Wow that is a terrible opinion.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
If you're talking bizzaro, then try hong-uh.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I know some of you guys love that stuff, but I still think it's vile, only beaten by king soju for most disgusting Korean alcohol. The stuff just makes me want to puke.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
You are the only person I have ever heard of that doesn't like mak.

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

Makgeolli rules, like really hard. Some of it though is poorly made and tastes like sour mushrooms or something. You gotta find the good stuff.

Aesis posted:

If you're talking bizzaro, then try hong-uh.

This though is not good, second worst food I've ever had in my life. Friend made me eat all of it, rock scissors paper to see who ate every piece. Cant really beat a Korean person at rock scissors paper. At least not enough.

And it gets in your skin and you smell like piss and feet, just nasty nasty stuff.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
I hate it too, but people who love it eat for the stingy feeling or whatever. I can never understand why someone loves to eat decayed fish full of ammonia though.

erobadapazzi
Jul 23, 2007
The Japanese native teacher at my husband's school loves hong-eo. She will eat the entire plate and ask for more. I don't get it.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

erobadapazzi posted:

The Japanese native teacher at my husband's school loves hong-eo. She will eat the entire plate and ask for more. I don't get it.

Isn't hongeo just an excuse to get wasted? Maybe she's just an alcoholic. Or she misses natto and is trying to fill the nastiness void. (Full disclosure: I like natto, but only with ketchup. Which is worse.)

Also, many thanks to GF and Brimmy for answering my annoying questions!

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
It probably is. Eat a piece then gulp down a shot of soju to wash away the awful taste.

Anyone here tried Maehwasu though?

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Aesis posted:

gulp down a shot of soju to wash away the awful taste.

:stare:

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Don't underestimate that awful taste of diluted ethanol mixed with saccharin that is the modern day soju.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Soju is such a wasted opportunity.

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

Look at you guys acting like you're too good for soju.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
It's not that I'm too good for soju, it's just that soju isn't good enough for me.

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

worst song, played on ugliest guitar
More TacoChat. I'm Irish, I don't give a gently caress about Tacos. But my girlfriend brought these over the other day.

Yay?

DontAskKant
Aug 13, 2011

joedevola posted:

More TacoChat. I'm Irish, I don't give a gently caress about Tacos. But my girlfriend brought these over the other day.

Yay?

Bro, you hit the jackpot.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Tear that packet open and snort it like a line of coke and it's an authentic Mexican Experience.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

I prefer baijiu over soju and if I post that in the China threads they'll lynch me (maybe Pro PRC Laowai will buy me some drinks). Seriously, soju sucks, praise be upon the rotting rice.

TreFitty
Jan 18, 2003

erobadapazzi posted:

Who would leave Japan to live in Korea? Is she Korean-Japanese?

An honest question here - not a statement that Japan is way better or anything. Just the economics of it alone confuses me here. Is she single? I've heard time and again that Japanese women are not impressed by their choice of men.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

TreFitty posted:

Who would leave America to live in Korea? Is she Korean-American?

Prolly the same answer as all of us. Gotta get paid, get laid, get made. I've known a couple of Japanese teachers around here and in our broken 3 language conversations it seems like there ain't no jobs for recent college grads where they were from.

God drat, I miss Zatoichie... We couldn't really talk, but we had an understanding. Like we got each other in the most primal bro matter possible.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

KirbyKhan posted:

Prolly the same answer as all of us. Gotta get paid, get laid, get made. I've known a couple of Japanese teachers around here and in our broken 3 language conversations it seems like there ain't no jobs for recent college grads where they were from.

Yeah pretty much. If you're under 30ish in Japan you are fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked.

E: Also all the Japanese girls I know mention that they get treated better here, both by society and by men, so they like that too. Actually every Japanese girl I've ever met has wanted to get the gently caress away from Japanese men ASAP. Korea's a relatively easy way to start that.

Grand Fromage fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jun 24, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TreFitty
Jan 18, 2003

Grand Fromage posted:

Yeah pretty much. If you're under 30ish in Japan you are fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked.

E: Also all the Japanese girls I know mention that they get treated better here, both by society and by men, so they like that too. Actually every Japanese girl I've ever met has wanted to get the gently caress away from Japanese men ASAP. Korea's a relatively easy way to start that.
So that answers my question pretty well, but I have a new thought: being Japanese in Korea must suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

• Locked thread