Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

You're missing out on some nutty stuff if you don't play the alpaca game yourself. Like executioner alpacas appearing and you controlling them to knock out the normal alpacas and chop up your alpaca. That and firing lasers at alpaca God. Powered by angel alpacas, of course. Plus the music rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata
:stare: That happens? :stare:

Don't click on the spoiler, guys, just trust me when I say hoy poo poo keep playing. Don't cheat your way through it, even if it takes a couple days or a week to progress through the stages.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Bummey posted:

:stare: That happens? :stare:

Don't click on the spoiler, guys, just trust me when I say hoy poo poo keep playing. Don't cheat your way through it, even if it takes a couple days or a week to progress through the stages.

I missed the boat on this game, but you guys only refer to it as the "Alpaca game"

WTF is it called?

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
Alpaca Evolution.

Jesus Christ what have you people shown me.

DIEGETIC SPACEMAN
Feb 25, 2007

fuck a car
i'll do a mothafuckin' walk-by

Kaizoku posted:

It seems they still spawn when the app is not in the foreground. Kill alpacas, read a page of forum posts, kill alpacas.

On the game's page in the Android Play Store (I now have the game on my phone and iPad), it says that it takes 60/90 seconds for the game to spawn the maximum amount of alpacas. So just fire up the game every 2 minutes and you'll evolve your monstrosity in no time.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Here's a tip for alpacalypse. Plant your finger in the screen and wipe it around the hers instead of tapping each alpaca.

Mastodon Henley
Aug 12, 2003

So... how's your girl?
Alpaca Evolution has got to be one of the toughest games I've played in quite some time! Upon download and install it crashed my phone and sent me into a reboot loop. Can I save my jailbreak and fix this insanity that has never happened before to such a ridiculous extent that I couldn't revert it?

Who knows?! gently caress you Alpaca Evolution!

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

basmati posted:

Alpaca Evolution has got to be one of the toughest games I've played in quite some time! Upon download and install it crashed my phone and sent me into a reboot loop. Can I save my jailbreak and fix this insanity that has never happened before to such a ridiculous extent that I couldn't revert it?

You have received the judgement of God.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
Your device is doing you a huge favor.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

I'm at the first big assault mission in X-Com and it just keeps crashing. I think I'm going to give it a rest and give that Alpaca game a try.

edit: oh. my. god.

Stick Figure Mafia fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jun 24, 2013

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

basmati posted:

Post hoc ergo propter hoc.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Holy crap Sword & Glory is hard. The level up progression is lot slower than the enemy, and even with level difference advantage the AI attacks so furiously. I think I died 15 times in past 6 hours.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

OH poo poo YOU GUYS

Evolution level 9 of Alpaca

YOU GUYYYYYYSSSSSSS

Mastodon Henley
Aug 12, 2003

So... how's your girl?

porktree posted:

Post hoc ergo propter hoc.

Yes yes of course this could (likely) be due to a jailbreak tweak, or another app, or whatever-something-else already there. But had I kept on not installing it I don't think it's unreasonable to think I'd be better off now.

psylent
Nov 29, 2000

Pillbug
Is this Alpaca game actually any good or are you guys just jizzing all over the place like you did for that silly cat game a while back?

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

psylent posted:

Is this Alpaca game actually any good or are you guys just jizzing all over the place like you did for that silly cat game a while back?

It's super creepy, and the fact you have to grind for the later foes helps build that up a bit. There's nothing to the game beyond clicking every minute or so that I've seen

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
It's dumb and I have no intention of downloading it, but it's been pretty entertaining to read about just because of how insane it is.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

psylent posted:

Mostly just Battle Cats x 1,000,000 without any of the gameplay

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Frankston posted:

I'd forgotten how much I hate XCom. My highest-ranked guy died because he missed a 91% shot, and then my second highest-ranked guy died after a rocket from another guy inexplicably blew him up instead of carrying on to where it was supposed to go.

Ugh. the rocket thing blows. I don't like cheating XCOM but if it fucks you due to it's messed up bugs I'd recommend just turning off the phone and save scumming it (unless you are taking about rockets missing occasionally which is just part of the game)

Also, I downloaded that Alpaca game because of this thread and I'm not sure what kind of crack you guys are smoking that you think that poo poo is fun. I guess it's kind of wacky but it might be the most boring game I have ever played.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

It's not a game. Stop thinking of it as a game. It's more of a minimalist virtual pet, designed by a lunatic.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

psylent posted:

Playing this or battle cats for the gameplay is like watching a Crank movie for the plot resolution. If the evolution descriptions don't amuse and intrigue you enough on their own, don't bother. I love this god damned alpaca game.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Swipe alpacas, get monster.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

SynthOrange posted:

Needs to be a thread title, imo.

Since I don't speak Japanese, is there anyone that can tell me what the "gameplay" text is? Specifically for Stage 7? It seems to me that a unicycle-riding Tetsuo-alpaca-blob might have something interesting to say.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Yeah the alpaca 'game' is pretty much a chore, but drat if I won't do it to see what other abominations come up. It's seriously hosed up and I'm not even half way done.

[e] I just got to 50% what the gently caress? :stonk:

DrManiac fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Jun 24, 2013

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I don't know about later in the game but the first few times you see speech bubbles, it's not actual words, just vocalizations of the sounds Alpacas presumably make.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

DIEGETIC SPACEMAN posted:

On the game's page in the Android Play Store (I now have the game on my phone and iPad), it says that it takes 60/90 seconds for the game to spawn the maximum amount of alpacas. So just fire up the game every 2 minutes and you'll evolve your monstrosity in no time.

Actually I just installed it and this is the only instructional text it shows you in first launch. So there's that.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

SynthOrange posted:

I just discovered that you can in fact swipe them.

That's efficiency right there.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

Bummey posted:

It's not a game. Stop thinking of it as a game. It's more of a minimalist virtual pet, designed by a lunatic.
Wisely said.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Boris Galerkin posted:

Can you guys just post pictures of all the forms because gently caress if I'm going to sit here and wait for these assholes to spawn.

No. You have to pay the iron price for your alpacas.

Samara
Jan 6, 2011

quote:

Deposited $150 at Mt Gox to try this Bitcoin thing out.

Stolen 6 days later. Really enjoyed my time there.

Helpful? Please donate - being this retarded ain't cheap!

Samara Investments
Basement Suite #101
Mom's House, Hometown FL
USAAA+
Isn't poo poo going wrong part of what makes Xcom so great?

What in a battle goes precisely to plan? Nothing. poo poo happens, you readjust. That's the secret sauce of this title.

Re: Baldurs Gate. So it's gone from the store and on indefinite hold. Does that mean if I delete it from my ipad it's gone for the foreseeable future?

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal

Samara posted:

What in a battle goes precisely to plan? Nothing. poo poo happens, you readjust. That's the secret sauce of this title.

Re: Baldurs Gate. So it's gone from the store and on indefinite hold. Does that mean if I delete it from my ipad it's gone for the foreseeable future?

Nope, if you have bought it before it should still be available on the purchases tab in iTunes.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Samara posted:

There's a difference between "poo poo goes wrong so roll with it" and "the game fucks you over because of a glitch." Ironman is a very intriguing idea but it would work much better in a less bug-riddled game.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Finished Alpaca-ing.

It's a little underwhelming. Maybe I just made the wrong choice in the end?

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Bummey posted:

I think you mean genius.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Why am I slaughtering Alpacas? WHY?

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Thwomp posted:

Why am I slaughtering Alpacas? WHY?

Alpaca power corrupts absolutely.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
I'm sure no one cares anymore but Square's card game/cash grab, Guardian Cross, updated to version 2.0 with iPhone 5 widescreen support and some new features like quests with randomly generated 3D/Wizardry-type dungeons.

If you haven't been on since before May 24th, they're offering five of the cash money tickets and if you enter an invitation code like mine, AJ13748, we can both get good stuff.

There's a small contingent of goons on mobile messaging who would love to have more goons to chat with and trade and help out.

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

rickiep00h posted:

Finished Alpaca-ing.

It's a little underwhelming. Maybe I just made the wrong choice in the end?

Yes. This game is such a bastard for making you play it over again just to see if it goes on further?:argh:

rare evolution?!?

junan_paalla fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Jun 24, 2013

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
"basically a negative thinker and a mama's boy."

I loving love this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Fezz posted:

I'm sure no one cares anymore but Square's card game/cash grab, Guardian Cross, updated to version 2.0 with iPhone 5 widescreen support and some new features like quests with randomly generated 3D/Wizardry-type dungeons.

Did they ever get the duping and hacking under control? When I quit the Colosseum Ticket generating bugs, hacked cards with impossible to beat stats (the "God Slime" being a popular one) and mass duped 5* Aces had pretty much ruined the game.

• Locked thread