Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Fallom posted:

This episode is amazing, and I think it's the first episode of CBB I ever listened to. The part where Patton starts turning into Don is my favorite.

Let's go find some other guys!

escape artist posted:

Is that when they realize that almost all of Andy's characters are suicidal and they pretend it's a call for help?

Yes. "Hey, it's me, Hot Dog! Just here to kill myself!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

ArtVandelay posted:

Yesss. Thanks!

And on the Andy Daly note, I think of my favorite CBB moments is when Daly is Poet Laureate of the west, and Scott and Manzoukas start breaking character and try to give him an intervention. It's about 10 minutes of pure gold.

Close, but no cigar. Also Andy Daly, also Manzoukas. Daly played the Irish Limerick-writer and he somehow managed to trick Jason into reading out "his best Limerick ever". When Scott and Jason realized that Jason was completely hosed has to be my favorite CBB moment.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I forgot that Andy Daly even threw Mantzoukas a fourth line for his limerick, that really was a great sequence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UevHxW7k3Zs

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
Great sequence, I quoted that earlier in the thread. I slept with you both ...

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Popelmon posted:

Close, but no cigar. Also Andy Daly, also Manzoukas. Daly played the Irish Limerick-writer and he somehow managed to trick Jason into reading out "his best Limerick ever". When Scott and Jason realized that Jason was completely hosed has to be my favorite CBB moment.

What number episode is this?

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...

ArtVandelay posted:

What number episode is this?

74, with a special appearance from Bill Carter of Trainer for the Stars, Seeking Stars.

http://www.earwolf.com/episode/introducing-rocky/

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
I know I am late to this party, but What A Thrashable Slope had me in tears. The ski-dude inflection sounds hilarious when it attempts to be poignant.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

"Skiing loving Rules"

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I'm not a big fan of this week's episode, but holy hell does Paul Feig give Paul F. Tompkins a run for his money.

That's a lot of tweed to wear for an L.A. summer, especially when you're trapped in a small room with the A.C. turned off for production reasons.

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jun 24, 2013

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Yeah not a great episode. I like Sanz generally but he didn't have any idea what was funny about his character.

No harm though, since it's gonna be a two-episode week!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Disappointed that Horatio didn't give me detailed directions around LA this week :(

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

epitasis posted:

No harm though, since it's gonna be a two-episode week!

That means next week will probably be a zero episode week :(

Who are the guests for episode 2 of the week? And when does it air? (If you know)

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

B-B-B-BONUS-S-S eps are released on Thursday. And we very rarely know what guests will be on an episode ahead of time.

Also 2 eps this week doesn't mean 0 next week. I don't recall there ever being a week without an episode in the 3 years I've listened to the show.

Conduit for Sale! fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Jun 25, 2013

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Conduit for Sale! posted:

B-B-B-BONUS-S-S eps are released on Thursday. And we very rarely know what guests will be on an episode ahead of time.

Also 2 eps this week doesn't mean 0 next week. I don't recall there ever being a week without an episode in the 3 years I've listened to the show.

The VPN episode was used as the episode for the next Monday, I thought. The recent one with PFT, Gilly Jacobs and Mike Hanford.

I remember feeling kind of cheated that Monday morning.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

escape artist posted:

The VPN episode was used as the episode for the next Monday, I thought. The recent one with PFT, Gilly Jacobs and Mike Hanford.

I remember feeling kind of cheated that Monday morning.

Oh, yeah, that happens. The B-B-B-BONUS-S-S ep this week is a normal one though.

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
I didn't dislike the episode as much as everyone else does, but I kinda enjoyed hearing Paul Feig's lovely radio-style voice telling poop jokes, and all the while envisioning him in that suit.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
I didn't mind this episode too much. Paul did a good job of lobbing tough improv hurdles at Horatio without drawing a lot of attention to it. There was some funny stuff in there, even if the episode was a little on the mediocre side.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
Horatio is odd on CBB because he always improvs himself into a hole and has no idea how to get out. He either contradicts himself into a corner or completely forgets things he said earlier and has no idea how to proceed. Sometimes it can be funny, because Scott and the guest can try and make sense of it to make it seem absurd, otherwise it can fall flat.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Besson posted:

Horatio is odd on CBB because he always improvs himself into a hole and has no idea how to get out. He either contradicts himself into a corner or completely forgets things he said earlier and has no idea how to proceed. Sometimes it can be funny, because Scott and the guest can try and make sense of it to make it seem absurd, otherwise it can fall flat.

Yeah I wasn't very familiar with him before he started appearing on CBB, but I always heard his name mentioned along with the original UCB guys so I guess I expected him to be a little sharper. But I agree, whenever he's on it always seems like his whole bit could fall in a heap at any moment.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

tnimark posted:

Yeah I wasn't very familiar with him before he started appearing on CBB, but I always heard his name mentioned along with the original UCB guys so I guess I expected him to be a little sharper. But I agree, whenever he's on it always seems like his whole bit could fall in a heap at any moment.

He's a great improviser. As good as any of the other original UCB members. Go watch/listen to his episodes of Improv4Humans to see how good he is.

I'm not sure why his CBB appearances are weaker though. Maybe he's just better in a scene.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Thanks to indigi for getting Scott/Jessica St. Clair/Gillian Jacobs to agree to do an episode together on twitter.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

Yeah, character work isn't his strong suit. Especially when it has to be sustained for an hour or so.

Love his I4H stuff.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Power of Pecota posted:

Thanks to indigi for getting Scott/Jessica St. Clair/Gillian Jacobs to agree to do an episode together on twitter.

Oh god, if they intertwine Wompler with the ongoing PFT/Gillian lines, my head might just explode. I really hope that Wompler is going to be on CBB s2 as well.

As for yesterday's episode, I tend to put them on as I go to bed so I probably only heard the first 40 minutes or so, but I found it really funny. Liked Sans' character and found myself laughing when I should have been sleeping.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Two bad epis in a row. Has Scott lost it? Did he ever have it?

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

jyrka posted:

Two bad epis in a row. Has Scott lost it? Did he ever have it?

UNSUBSCRIBED.

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
I liked this episode, I thought Feig/Scott saved Horatio's character pretty well.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Conduit for Sale! posted:

He's a great improviser. As good as any of the other original UCB members. Go watch/listen to his episodes of Improv4Humans to see how good he is.

I'm not sure why his CBB appearances are weaker though. Maybe he's just better in a scene.

Yeah, you're spot-on. He's amazing in this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4HTxmqNTCY

Everyone watch that. Everyone's amazing in it. A bunch of them have been on I4H and the fraternity/sorority scene as well as the separated man's house diner scene are two of my favourite improv scenes I've ever witnessed.

Beeez
May 28, 2012
The DVD of ASSSSSCAT also emphasizes, for me, that Andy Daly really is one of, if not the most, talented improvisers I've ever seen. Nothing he says on that DVD falls flat for me.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
There might be a Gilly Wompler crossover ep coming up in the near future. Wompler said it was "done and done" but probably not literally.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Andy Daly is alllllllmost the only reason to watch that DVD. Poehler is good and Besser is whatever and everybody else is mediocre. I think it's remarkable how bad Matt Walsh is at improv (though he's a good comic actor on like Veep).

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Beeez posted:

The DVD of ASSSSSCAT also emphasizes, for me, that Andy Daly really is one of, if not the most, talented improvisers I've ever seen. Nothing he says on that DVD falls flat for me.

Is that the one on Netflix? Or something different?

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

escape artist posted:

Is that the one on Netflix? Or something different?

The thing on Netflix is half of what's on the DVD. In the full thing there's also monologues from Jen Kirkman and PFT and probably one or two more people.

Also I don't know why people are so down on it. I thought it was great.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

Beeez posted:

He absolutely is. The way he handles those tests that Auckerman give him every time he's on are amazing. I don't think he's ever failed one.

Kymera
Sep 6, 2006

The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world
I thought this week (Sanz/Feig) was a lot better than last week. I like Horatio Sanz but I agree that he is better on Improv 4 Humans.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I thought there was a second episode this week, or is it a VPN ep tonight while I'm fast asleep?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

The pHo posted:

I thought there was a second episode this week, or is it a VPN ep tonight while I'm fast asleep?

Thursday, dogg. It's only Wednesday :(

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It's Thursday here in the GMT... but yeah, I hosed up and forgot what day it was. Doh! Something to look forward to in the morning then.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

The pHo posted:

It's Thursday here in the GMT... but yeah, I hosed up and forgot what day it was. Doh! Something to look forward to in the morning then.

The world runs on eastern standard time. Your empire is dead and irrelevant, please always think about time in American terms first and foremost, as we are the frame of reference. :colbert:

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Pryor on Fire posted:

The world runs on eastern standard time. Your empire is dead and irrelevant, please always think about time in American terms first and foremost, as we are the frame of reference. :colbert:

Speaking of which, the b-b-b-bonus-s-s-s episode should be uploaded anytime now. I hope Jeselnik is on it because Aukerman and Jeselnik were on Doug Loves Movies together this week and it was amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
The bonus episode is great. Some fun Mr Show talk at the top and Jon Daly's character is as hilarious as you would expect.

tnimark fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Jun 27, 2013