Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Just downloaded to check this game out. In game name is 'Delicateflower'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Red87 posted:

The new souls already got taken down off Magelo. That was pretty fast, didn't get a chance to look.

Is there any general recommended path to go with your Planar Attunement? I've kind of been driving up the death tree to get the Vampiric buff to feed my Warrior AOEing.

Each class has different trees. My recommendation is to:

- First unlock the extra planar charge in each element, that takes you to 9 charges max and is very helpful.
- Go enough into the war/pvp tree to unlock the reduction in break free cooldown. Even if you don't pvp, it can save your bacon in pve.
- Find the first tiers that give bonuses to strength, you want those. You also want the attack power bonuses with ranged weapons, because you always have one of those.
- Work on those first tiers, and look at the 2nd tiers, find the one that has the AP buff you can apply to your weapon, prioritize getting to tier 2 and getting that. Once that is achieved, go back and fill in the good tier 1's to pick up strength and AP (and end if you tank).

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!
So should I be doing constant IA's or questing? This is my first character and I'm only level 15 or so. Been questing so far but I did some IA last night and it seems a lot faster.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

zeldadude posted:

So should I be doing constant IA's or questing? This is my first character and I'm only level 15 or so. Been questing so far but I did some IA last night and it seems a lot faster.

As long as you are under level 50, either/or. Everyone 5 or so levels you'll want to run some IAs to get sourcestones, though. If you get about 4-10 of each tiers sourcestones you'll be able to buy the rare planar loot in each zone, and it's a lot easier to get sourcestones through IAs than waiting for events.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

zeldadude posted:

IA's are the fastest way to 50, then you'll want to just quest through the zones.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

Red87 posted:

The new souls already got taken down off Magelo. That was pretty fast, didn't get a chance to look.

Is there any general recommended path to go with your Planar Attunement? I've kind of been driving up the death tree to get the Vampiric buff to feed my Warrior AOEing.

Step 1. All three tiers of fire, in the third tier only get the necessary upgrades (+str, purple icons, minimize orange and greens, get most blues to 3), and the damage booster (razer edge or w.e).
Step 2. Extra planar charges, sink 1-2 in each tree to get the 9.
Step 3. Fill War, and get any in tier two that are a must. (All purples, strength, endurance and crit power blues)
Step 4. Death or Life, at the end of each there's a spell that can recharge planar points (and since you upgraded fire, you'll get two per use)
Step 5. Earth or Air, both give an extra planar charge at the end.

The first two steps can be switched around. Alternatively, if you're playing 2h instead of dual wielding, get LIFE instead of fire. That way you'll get the damage booster AND the planar recharge.

You can always respec them at the warrior trainer in TB (Or the patron warrior trainer, not sure if he offers it or not).

EDIT: Please note, at level 50 you should definitely complete the one-man chronicle to unlock PA. To add onto that, if you have a second character that hits 50, all the experience is cross-account. That means if you have 200 points in PA on your warrior, when your rogue hits level 50 he will have 200 points to spend.

Kreczor fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jun 23, 2013

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Just started in this game, and would love to join the goony guild. Char name is Ibrait.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
What's the deal with the server move? Was this a good idea or a bad idea? Deepwood had a much funnier name.

vvv: Right on. Guess I'll wait to see what the guild does. All I want out of a server is Goons. :allears:

Meldonox fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Jun 23, 2013

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Meldonox posted:

What's the deal with the server move? Was this a good idea or a bad idea? Deepwood had a much funnier name.

Good in some ways, bad in others. I'm waiting until Friday to move again if we decide to do so. Different people have different things they want out of a server, so you see bitching about it, but that doesn't mean it's all bad.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
With the promise of a tank mage in the future, I have made my final alt that needs an invite to the guild. Please add Pearlharborthemovie.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

:siren:I AM NEW, TELL ME WHAT TO DO:siren:

- The only choice you make at creation that can't be undone later is calling, so spend the most time thinking about that. Trion is adding new souls soon that will allow each calling to do every role (tank, heals, dps), so choose based on style you prefer. Right now mages can't tank, warriors and rogues can't solo heal, and clerics aren't pure support. Rogues mix melee and ranged, are fast paced and some specs blink around or stealth. Warriors wear plate, almost exclusively melee and use 2-handed or dual weapons. Clerics use 2-handed weapons or mace/shield to tank, and dps mostly ranged. Mages set things on fire, ranged dps and healing.

- When you first start, choose one of the default purposes it offers you. This is just a basic template to get you started with Rift's complex and rich soul system. Follow this until level 10 or so, just putting points where it tells you when leveling and checking out new abilities you are given.

- Level 10 is when the game really opens up. You will get access to pvp warfronts (hit K) and Instant Adventures (hit .). Both are really nice exp and an alternative to quest leveling. Grinding IA's is the fastest way to level 50, but is also a bit mind numbing to just do that. They have daily bonuses that are even nicer exp.

- About this time you will be finding your capital city, either Meridian or Sanctum. There you will be able to buy your first mount if you don't already have one, access the guild bank (get in the guild), purchase roles/respec with your trainer, grab crafting skills. Grab some bags from the gbank for your bag slots, purchase 1 or 2 roles from your class trainer so you have 2 or 3 total (Roles are basically builds that you can switch between out of combat. You might have a questing build with survivability in it, a ranged dps build for IA, maybe something special for pvp, etc). Check the guide forums for your class here for guides on builds, or just ask in guild chat.

- Grab a handful of rally scrolls and rally banners from the guild merchant (Orphiel's spire 3789, 4149 in Meridian or Southeast side of Sanctum near the Barber 5217, 2184). You won't be able to teleport to storm legion areas until level 45, but it's good to grab the portcullis in tempest bay as soon as you can, it's the unified city in the new zones and I believe it has daily quests that the capital city may not. You use rally scrolls by right click them in your inventory when someone else has dropped a banner somewhere. You drop banners by using the ability in your guild tab of abilities screen.

- Let's talk crafting skills. First of all, Survivalist and Fishing do not count to your default limit of 3, and I think they are worth leveling up on your main character. I haven't bothered with them on my alts, but doing the fishing daily at level 60 for 12.5 plat is nice (and you can fish up artifacts/dimension items), and the survalist dailies are easy and give you general crafting currency that you can use to buy recipes on your crafting skill. I would recommend almost always taking mining and foraging as 2 of your 3 skills. They provide the mats for most skills and are very good moneymakers 50+. Apothecary makes potions/vials that are nice, Artificer makes powerstones for clerics/mages, and weaponsmith (i think) makes stones for rogues/warriors. Going with no crafting is viable, going with all gathering skills for making money is viable, do what you feel like.

- Check out the guild dimension. Start your own dimension with the quests if only to have someplace to dump dimension items you get so they don't take up bag space.

- Remember the "fury of the ascended" skill you have, it buffs you against rifts/invasions. Can save you at times, or make clearing that rift (nice exp) a lot easier.

- More to come as I think of them

PraxxisParadoX
Jan 24, 2004
bittah.com
Pillbug
Could I get an invite for Daxxiz, cheers All done, thanks

PraxxisParadoX fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Jun 24, 2013

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
Can I get an invite for my alt, Plinkogenesis?

Smee
Sep 24, 2004
Just posting to pester for an invite as Smeefer. Thanks!

Edit: GOT IT :neckbeard:

Smee fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Jun 24, 2013

ennui
Nov 21, 2003

Looking for an invite on Chromakey and Sixtyten (can't decide!). Thanks!

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.
Guild invites done through this post.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

mr. nobody posted:

Guild invites done through this post.

I actually do not have one as Tervika yet and could still use one.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy

Um... I don't understand... :psyduck:

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

Black Pants posted:

Rift has some of the best graphical glitches.

flipoff
Nov 25, 2003

Really, bitch?

I'd like to see what the game's like now that it's f2p, in game as Seymourbuttz.

Hydrogenated
Apr 9, 2010

Black Pants posted:

I had that happen with my boots...while simultaneously glitching partially into the ground. It looked like I was running around on stubs. I decided to just run around questing like that for awhile, laughing my rear end off.

Prel
Jan 12, 2012

Going to give this another shot; haven't played since just after launch. I transferred to Threesprings, character names are:

Preliator
Preliquary

If alts aren't a thing, just invite the first one. Thanks!

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

Prism posted:

I actually do not have one as Tervika yet and could still use one.

Sorry, it's not a perfect system!

I logged for the night, but plenty of people can invite. You can /join goonsquad ingame and ask for an invite there too

HeyMrDeadMan
Mar 10, 2007

is a swell guy
I think I'd like to check this game out again. In as Meias.

Cuttlepuddlz
Feb 4, 2013
Looking for an invite if possible. In as Psyida

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Terrible guide to Kaliban.

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004
Going to try 20-man goon raiding this Wednesday, 6PM PST server. Have 400+ hit and basic knowledge of your roles. There's a lot of good info in this thread and a basic raid primer on the Guild Wall ingame (few posts below the ASCII middle finger). If you have any questions contact Vandeeyar or Wandee ingame. I HOPE YOU'RE ALL EXCITED.

vandiar fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Jun 24, 2013

Polarize
Jul 12, 2007
The lights go on, the lights go off
Yesssss. Belieber will be there.

Antaris
Feb 18, 2011

vandiar posted:

Going to try 20-man goon raiding this Wednesday, 6PM PST server. Have 400+ hit and basic knowledge of your roles. There's a lot of good info in this thread and a basic raid primer on the Guild Wall ingame (few posts below the ASCII middle finger). If you have any questions contact Vandeeyar or Wandee ingame. I HOPE YOU'RE ALL EXCITED.

To add to that - if any of you are short on hit and need some gear, contact me (Antaris) and I'll look into getting some stuff crafted for you. It won't be enough to push you from fresh 60 to raid ready but can push you over if you are close.

Murvin
Jan 7, 2008
Jet-setter and raconteur

Awesome to hear! I'll be on and available for an invite to whatever is being run.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

gently caress yeah let's do this. Gonna mage it up so hard.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".
I'm down. Going to try and grab some more BiS or near BiS gear before the raid. I wonder if I can grind 80k torvan in 3 days?

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
I demand an(eventual) weekend raid group if this works out and enough people stick around.

Working second shift sucks for raiding. :smith:

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Kreczor posted:

d definitely complete the one-man chronicle to unlock PA. To add onto that, if you have a second character that hits 50, all the experience is cross-account. That means if you have 200 points in PA on your warrior, when your rogue hits level 50 he will have 200 points to spend.

PA is unlocked automatically now.

Shitty Treat
Feb 21, 2012

Stoopid?
Finally hit 60, never thought I would make it as the grind was getting to me (I hate questing), did I recall somebody making a post about gearing up? I cant seem to find it and I am to cheap to buy forum search functionality :ohdear:.

Or what should I do to gear up now that I'm 60, Currently 65 hit short of being ready for experts on my mage.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Lemme find the post by Amory, hold on~

E:http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3549507&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=25#post416404080

I can craft you Outfitter and Runecrafter stuff, and probably Artificer in like a couple days if I bother getting it to 375. I should have all the important mage recipes, just tell me what you need and I'll log on and link you the designs so you know what to get.

KaneTW fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Jun 24, 2013

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Hey, what happened to that EU players list? If we're going to start raiding as a guild we should look into having a secondary, EU friendly raid group. I'm getting close to 60 and I don't want to be left behind once I'm raid-ready!

If no one else wants to keep track, I'd be happy to edit this post with a EU/NA-people-with-crazy-schedules player list. I can't lead or form the raid since I'm not even 60 or have experience with RIFT end game, though.

vvv Yeah dude, that's why I want to get an EU players list together, I'm pretty sure between EU players and NA goons that can play really late, we could get a group together with little pugging.

I think there's quite a few of us playing in the NA servers, and the lag is minimal (a little worst the last few days), and since f2p will only attract more people, I'm pretty sure the guild will be active 24/7 (if the new EU players actually roll with us)

Hugoon Chavez fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Jun 24, 2013

Shitty Treat
Feb 21, 2012

Stoopid?

KaneTW posted:

Lemme find the post by Amory, hold on~

E:http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3549507&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=25#post416404080

I can craft you Outfitter and Runecrafter stuff, and probably Artificer in like a couple days if I bother getting it to 375. I should have all the important mage recipes, just tell me what you need and I'll log on and link you the designs so you know what to get.

Thanks!

Unfortunately I'm a filthy European playing on EU servers as I didn't want to abandon my level 50 I already had.
Is there many EU goons on the American server? is the server dead during EU times for running experts and at type of stuff?

I might see if I can persuade a GM to transfer me to the US server if its not a ghost town during my playing times, raiding at 3AM with goons on that vanilla WoW server was an absolute nightmare and I cant be arsed with that again.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

I'm an EU player, there's usually people still on when I get home from work around 6PM-ish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jethz
Sep 17, 2004
I'm also playing from Europe but I've only seen a couple of Europeans on'. I still have a long way to go too as I'm only level 37.

• Locked thread