Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
You know what's the cool thing about the MG Full Armor Unicorn that nobody talks about? Not only do you get a green frame Unicorn,

but you also get a ton of accessories for your other MGs.

...Now if only I could get off my rear end and finish the spears, shields, and miniguns. :effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
does anyone know why the mg strike rouge shown on gundamguy hasnt shown up for sale on the usual sites?
amiami and hlj dont have it listed

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Dre2Dee2 posted:

It be better be for the Tau :orks:

drat straight. Four Lotos for Broadsides and a HG Duel Gundam Assaultshroud as a Riptide.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

BlitzBlast posted:

...Now if only I could get off my rear end and finish the spears, shields, and miniguns. :effort:

I have so many hands and guns still on the sprue, still in the box. I finish the main body and up on the shelf it goes!:downs:

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Okay, now this is cool:

Double Bullet comes with Normal's wing binders. The kit just got a lot better for me.

Faltion
Jul 4, 2004

I am an anachronism
I feel like I am sinning for saying this, but I hate the red, white, blue, and yellow color scheme of most Gundams. That AGE-2 is definitely one of the worst.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
I'm with you on that. When Katoki designed the S Gundam for Sentinel he originally showed it to the execs with a more understated, probably G3-esque color scheme. They hated they design and told him to make a new one. He came back the next day with a traditionally colored version of the same image and they loved it. gundam!

slightpirate
Dec 26, 2006
i am the dance commander
I always heard that the color choice was more for animation simplicity than for anything other reason, but that's just speculation.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
It's for the sake of making them look super-heroic. Char's Zaku was pink, however, because it was cheaper to animate.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

muike posted:

It's for the sake of making them look super-heroic. Char's Zaku was pink, however, because it was cheaper to animate.

It was also for the sake to sell more toys/models. A mostly grey RX-78-2 would be lame to 6-year old you.

Edit:

MG Tallgeese is so badass. Hurry up with that TGIII and Leo Bandai.

TaurusOxford fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jun 20, 2013

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

TaurusOxford posted:

It was also for the sake to sell more toys/models. A mostly grey RX-78-2 would be lame to 6-year old you.

Edit:

MG Tallgeese is so badass. Hurry up with that TGIII and Leo Bandai.

I've heard the kit has kind of poor articulation, is that true?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
I wouldn't say it has bad articulation at all. The fact that I was able to get it into a ground pose like that and it stands should be proof that it has good articulation and is also very solid.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I don't think there's a single modern MG that has poor articulation.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

slightpirate posted:

I always heard that the color choice was more for animation simplicity than for anything other reason, but that's just speculation.

Wasn't more speculation that the color scheme could be passed off as "its a prototype"? Kinda like the red white and blue theme experimental and prototype USAF equipment get? Then you can pass it off as hey the original Gundam struck fear in its enemies so every subsequent suit based on it retains the color scheme to emulate its psychological warfare capability.

Faltion
Jul 4, 2004

I am an anachronism
I may have learned the hard way, but micro set doesn't seem to react well to Future and ate away at it beneath some decals I was applying, creating a whitish discoloration and was only somewhat covered up by another clear coat. It may have had to do with a negative reaction to some unsealed decals I was using and whatever the adhesive was with them. So just a heads up to everyone. Micro Sol works fine still and it's more useful anyway.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

It kills me just a little that, years after the end of the series, we're just now getting good models and toys from Full Metal Panic. Some of the never-animated robots such as Laevatein got Revoltechs and Robot Damashiis, and now we have Belial as an RD:

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN978193/

It just seems weird that a long-dead series (the books finished up a couple of years ago) is getting a bunch of tie-ins. Sure, the new series is out in comic and light novel form, but this is stuff from the original LNs and manga.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Another Master Grade I can check off my backlog. Once I superglued his chest mechanics together, he turned out to be quite solid. I'll add the HD color decals to him later.

I think i'll get MG ZZ Gundam out of the way now so I can look forward to building a much better kit.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

From a while back but,

TaurusOxford posted:

I've got a Zeta 2.0 HD color coming my way, so we can compare kits when I get it built. :)

I don't really see a difference. Maybe that's what the HD decals are for?

(Sorry about the poor lighting, I spent ages getting the Zeta to two-hand the Unicorn's beam magnum and I don't want to risk moving it).

EDIT: You know, I've been running into that problem a lot lately. Aside from natural light, what's the best I can do for lighting?

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Jun 24, 2013

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
The colors on the HD are more vibrant, and there's a glossier finish.

Edit: Here's a pic from Dalong's site showing off the difference:

TaurusOxford fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Jun 24, 2013

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Do I dare believe? Is it finally time?!

Master Grade Wing Zero!!! :swoon:

http://gundamguy.blogspot.ca/2013/06/gundam-wing-endless-waltz-mg-wing.html

TaurusOxford fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Jun 24, 2013

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

You can really see the Katoki legs on it, can't you. I wonder if there are more Wing kits in the pipeline, I thought they were done after the Endless Waltz stuff and the Tallgeese but I guess this is to go with the blu-rays coming out.

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
Thank god it's a Katoki redesign. The original W0 is one of the ugliest things in the universe.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

Popehoist posted:

Thank god it's a Katoki redesign. The original W0 is one of the ugliest things in the universe.

Kind of defeats the purpose by having the TV series version of the Wing Zero be Katoki'ized, though. That was the point of the Endless Waltz poo poo to begin with.

Faltion
Jul 4, 2004

I am an anachronism
It's funny that as a kid I used to think the EW Wing Zero was the coolest thing ever and now I like drab unassuming grunt mobile suits. Hope this means all the Wing fans shut up for a while so we get more UC MGs. :colbert:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Popehoist posted:

I'm not sure having the feet/ankles be the size of the torso is any better though. Hopefully that's a trick of perspective.

Also if Taurus' dreams came true, maybe MG 175 will be V2???

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Mecha Gojira posted:

Kind of defeats the purpose by having the TV series version of the Wing Zero be Katoki'ized, though. That was the point of the Endless Waltz poo poo to begin with.

I think the idea is that they want to make TV Wing Zero canon in the mangaverse so they're calling it Proto Zero and making it the prototype to the WZ Custom.

BlitzBlast posted:

Also if Taurus' dreams came true, maybe MG 175 will be V2???

Never stop believing. :)

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

TaurusOxford posted:

I think the idea is that they want to make TV Wing Zero canon in the mangaverse so they're calling it Proto Zero and making it the prototype to the WZ Custom.

Wing Zero was the prototype for the rest of the Gundams in Wing.

I'm not sure if this makes more sense or less.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
I know it's probably been asked before, but what's the general opinion on the Bandai VF-25 models? Because HLJ has a new shipment coming in soon and I really can't decide if I want one or not.

And even if I do, I can't choose between Regular Alto, Armored Alto, Tornado Alto, or Armored Ozma :negative:

404GoonNotFound fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jun 25, 2013

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
http://gundamguy.blogspot.ca/2013/06/gundam-wing-endless-waltz-mg-wing.html

Updated pictures with better quality:

The wings and shield seem to have gotten the most drastic change(if the wings are even finalized. The lineart seems to suggest they are rough sketch). What's up with the purple twin buster rifle though?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

404GoonNotFound posted:

I know it's probably been asked before, but what's the general opinion on the Bandai VF-25 models? Because HLJ has a new shipment coming in soon and I really can't decide if I want one or not.

And even if I do, I can't choose between Regular Alto, Armored Alto, Tornado Alto, or Armored Ozma :negative:

The correct answer is the 1/60 $150 30th anniversary VF-1J :shepface:

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The correct answer is the 1/60 $150 30th anniversary VF-1J :shepface:

Nope, definitely in more of a Frontier mood right now, sorry.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

TaurusOxford posted:

What's up with the purple twin buster rifle though?

Supposedly the current color scheme is just a simplified placeholder so you can clearly see all the parts. Also, and I know this is beating a dead horse, but :wtc: those legs.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

BlitzBlast posted:

Supposedly the current color scheme is just a simplified placeholder so you can clearly see all the parts. Also, and I know this is beating a dead horse, but :wtc: those legs.

I assume you're referring to the bulk of the legs? Looks like standard Katoki legs to me.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Well if no one who can help is online, let's see what Dalong has to say...

Google Translate posted:

"This kit is exactly how I feel. Released at the same time out of the debt situation is so popular in popularity led Oregon seconds, but in reality it's actually kind of makes one feel painstakingly designed presumably, knowing something is a little off inspiration. Is old fan of the complaint? ^ ^ Bandai rights, solve problems, the original Valkyrie series fluent in Hebrews such great quality and it will be restored jundamyeon bit."

Aaand I'm back at square one :psyboom:

404GoonNotFound fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Jun 25, 2013

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

TaurusOxford posted:

What's up with the purple twin buster rifle though?

Well at least he didn't slip in psycho frame :v:

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

For those of you who like Robot Damashi (oh god, do any others exist?), here's a pic of Xi Gundam and Heavyarms, both of which are spectacular. Xi Gundam is a drat beast

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I'm pretty sure a lot of people like RD, since they provide figures for a ton of mechs that don't have kits. I just wish they weren't so expensive and properly scaled.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

The Goon posted:

For those of you who like Robot Damashi (oh god, do any others exist?), here's a pic of Xi Gundam and Heavyarms, both of which are spectacular. Xi Gundam is a drat beast

Xi and Penelope were both ridiculous.

I don't get as many Gundam RDs since a lot of them do end up with kits, but I do have all the FMP! RDs.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Gunpla China News

Third party Elyn Hobby Products have released 1/100 "Kastrysha", a full plastic snap-together model, on ebay for about 318 dollars shipped:

* Full Model unassembled.

* Total about 1500 pcs parts in a Box. total weight about 5 kilogram.

* Material: ABS colored plastic parts.

* With LED and Metal detail up parts.

In much cheaper news, third party XC(?) has released the Wings of Light for RG Destiny Gundam for 25 dollars shipped:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

TaurusOxford posted:

Gunpla China News

Third party Elyn Hobby Products have released 1/100 "Kastrysha", a full plastic snap-together model, on ebay for about 318 dollars shipped:

* Full Model unassembled.

* Total about 1500 pcs parts in a Box. total weight about 5 kilogram.

* Material: ABS colored plastic parts.

* With LED and Metal detail up parts.

Good to hear; I have one of these fuckers on order and was worried that they were never going to ship - the date had slipped from March to April 30 and then haven't heard anything since April.

• Locked thread