Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Al! posted:

imagine a version of feminism where it really was women's fault all along

http://www.sfexaminer.com/sanfrancisco/why-some-women-use-grindr-to-play-games-with-gay-men/Content?oid=2477229

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

i cant put my finger on why this is really terrible but it is

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Dead Inside Darwin posted:

i agree with the only comment

quote:

like Harold answered I'm blown away that a student able to get paid $8588 in one month on the computer. have you read this website... Can99.c­om

also i never heard of this grindr poo poo and that is the most hilarious name for what it is. i have heard of it three times today, it must be trending. #yolo #grindr #pozthatneg

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

grindr is pretty old but you might not have as many slutty gay friends as i do

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

Because you see gay people are different in all ways because of their sexuality

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

my new favorite image

she lives here btw

comedy central recently sent her a check for rights to some of her writing and maybe a job offer

Proteus4994 posted:

this post is funny as poo poo but she looks like kristin schaal which immediately makes me assume she's not funny so my brain hurts now

rude

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

kristin schaal's on gravity falls and bob's burgers, both of which i enjoy because i am a blossoming manchild

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

Werthog 95 posted:

kristin schaal's on gravity falls and bob's burgers, both of which i enjoy because i am a blossoming manchild

my sole exposure to kristin schaal is the daily show and those lovely romantic comedies where she has a bit part as the main character's bitter friend

never once has she been funny in either of those

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Proteus4994 posted:

my sole exposure to kristin schaal is the daily show and those lovely romantic comedies where she has a bit part as the main character's bitter friend

never once has she been funny in either of those

nobody is funny on either of those

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.
actually i take that back i saw her standup once and that sucked too

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Kristen Schall even managed to suck the fun out of "Archer" which even Anthony Bourdain couldn't manage

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

qirex posted:

Kristen Schall even managed to suck the fun out of "Archer" which even Anthony Bourdain couldn't manage

wait what

oh poo poo im behind

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
i enjoy her work on bob's burgers

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

wait what

oh poo poo im behind

she was the helicopter pilot in the finale and she wasn't terrible but it could ahve been anybody

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

hubris.height posted:

i enjoy her work on bob's burgers

is bob's burgers supposed to be funny?

prahanormal
Mar 8, 2011

heya /
I liked her in gravity falls and the two adventure time episodes she was in.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

prahanormal posted:

I liked her in gravity falls and the two adventure time episodes she was in.

its because shes funny

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

um also she was great in 30 rock

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Sweevo posted:

is bob's burgers supposed to be funny?

other than a few rough spots in the first few episodes of the first season it has been consistently very funny and entertaining.

sorry you don't enjoy things i guess. tbf i am an h jon fanboy and will always think whatever he is in is funny. except has a van, that had its moments but was p weak. david cross being in some of those skits helped.

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

i remember for years thinking david cross was the funny one in mr show but watching what david cross and bob odenkirk are doing now i realize how horribly wrong i was

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Proteus4994 posted:

i remember for years thinking david cross was the funny one in mr show but watching what david cross and bob odenkirk are doing now i realize how horribly wrong i was

honestly i think the cast of young early career comedians and the chemistry between them is what made that show funny, not the talent, skill, or humor of either of the two front men

unfortunately cross is incredibly good at burning bridges apparently because unless bob or jon b is in a show, odds are he isn't going to be in it

hubris.height fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jun 24, 2013

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Proteus4994 posted:

david cross is always around funny people/things so you might think he's funny but he's just bottled awkward [which is why he worked well on AD]

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

qirex posted:

david cross is always around funny people/things so you might think he's funny but he's just bottled awkward [which is why he worked well on AD]

see also sarah silverman

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Al! posted:

see also sarah silverman

nope

shes not funny at all, ever

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

hubris.height posted:

honestly i think the cast of young early career comedians and the chemistry between them is what made that show funny, not the talent, skill, or humor of either of the two front men

unfortunately cross is incredibly good at burning bridges apparently because unless bob or jon b is in a show, odds are he isn't going to be in it

Wasn't Bob in AD as a marriage counsellor?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

You Am I posted:

Wasn't Bob in AD as a marriage counsellor?

Analyst/Therapist

Hashtag Nascar
Jan 4, 2012

syscall girl posted:

Analyst/Therapist

a theralyst

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i hate h jon benjamin's voice. he can't do anything but himself and his normal voice is terrible. no range, it's just "oh that's h jon benjamin talking about something"

on the other hand kristen schaal also can't do anything but herself but her voice is naturally bizarre enough that i don't mind

david cross is hideously insecure and it used to work as comedy but recently he's become just angry angry angry and not funny angry either. he is just a really hateful scared man.

sarah silverman is popular mostly because she's the kind of girl fat nervous white middle management types (ie those who watch snl and still think it's edgy and hilarious) really want. she's occasionally funny but still relies way too much on being crude and talking about her vagina. nothing wrong with that but like move outside of your comfort zone huh

i think the best comedian/comedic actor on tv right now is julia louis dreyfus. she just gets better and better every year and in veep she is goddamned amazing.

this concludes my evaluation of comedians on tv today. for more don't forget to subscribe on my youtube and follow me on twitter

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

is "actress" more politically correct these days or more offensive? i forget

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
sadly it's gone the way of stewardess

how i long for the days of mad men :fedora:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i don't really see the problem with there being a male and female version of words as long as they're both used properly .nothing wrong with "stewardess" and "steward"

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

syscall girl posted:

sadly it's gone the way of stewardess

how i long for the days of mad men :fedora:

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Sagebrush posted:

sarah silverman is popular mostly because she's the kind of girl fat nervous white middle management types (ie those who watch snl and still think it's edgy and hilarious) really want. she's occasionally funny but still relies way too much on being crude and talking about her vagina. nothing wrong with that but like move outside of your comfort zone huh

i dunno, this is amy schumer like ten times more than sarah silverman

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
jackson publick and doc hammer are the only two funny people alive today. you can still enjoy david cross or whoever because it's unfair to expect them to be as funny as those two.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
bob's burgers is pretty good.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I never watched arrested development cause it has way too much of an internet following like community or firefly

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
h jon's voice is all it takes for me to watch an entire show. i don't know why but that poo poo grabs my attention in a good way

Shaggar posted:

bob's burgers is pretty good.

shaggar was rite

raruler
Oct 5, 2003

“Here lies a toppled god —
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.”

chumpchous posted:

jackson publick and doc hammer are the only two funny people alive today. you can still enjoy david cross or whoever because it's unfair to expect them to be as funny as those two.

someone needs to start feeding them amphetamines though

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Shaggar posted:

I never watched arrested development cause it has way too much of an internet following like community or firefly

that's too bad. arrested development is genuinely a good show. the reason it has a huge internet community is because you can be obsessive about it and find literally thousands of instances of self-referential in-jokes if you look closely so it's basically perfect for spergy goons. but that is all incidental to the show, which basically every critic who watched it (normal ones, not just dorks) loved

hubris.height posted:

h jon's voice is all it takes for me to watch an entire show. i don't know why but that poo poo grabs my attention in a good way

wow sorry about your broken loving ears

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

hubris.height posted:

home movies was a good show and now i want a black hole brew

• Locked thread