Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doogle
May 24, 2003

You Am I posted:

What was your time? I heard the number "11" being called out.

11.44@121

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Oh yeah, does anyone know if I need to wash the numbers off immediately? Was going to get it detailed next weekend.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Who thought that was a good match up?

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Comrade Flynn posted:

Oh yeah, does anyone know if I need to wash the numbers off immediately? Was going to get it detailed next weekend.

If they used shoe polish like most tracks then yeah, it gets hard and really annoying to remove.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Who thought that was a good match up?

There was a modified CTS-V wagon I wanted to run but he was only in the mid 12s. I was the fastest non-drag car by nearly a second.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
Had an impromptu Audi meet at a friends this weekend. Mine's the S4 on the right. There was another S4 in the driveway, but he couldn't get his bumper back on in time.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

Comrade Flynn posted:

There was a modified CTS-V wagon I wanted to run but he was only in the mid 12s. I was the fastest non-drag car by nearly a second.

How was the rest of forum fest? Lots of fist bumping and bro-ing while talking about stance? :)

Also, vintage racing is there on the weekend of the 4th. It's pretty sweet, especially if the weather is nice.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Mat_Drinks posted:

How was the rest of forum fest? Lots of fist bumping and bro-ing while talking about stance? :)

Yeah it was overall pretty awful.

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

Comrade Flynn posted:

Yeah it was overall pretty awful.

Thank you for 100% validating my decision not to attend.

On the flip side, the vintage races and the general crowd that attends is awesome.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

PhoenixWing posted:

My daily driver. I go everywhere in this little guy, shows, work, and vacation. Never let me down so far.

1958, 1776 engine with twin carbs, disc brakes, adjustable front/rear suspension height, perfect interior, and best of all, not a spot of rust (anymore at least).

Love that car :3:

I'm normally not a Beetle guy but this is really nice.

Tell us about your bikes!

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Mat_Drinks posted:

Thank you for 100% validating my decision not to attend.

On the flip side, the vintage races and the general crowd that attends is awesome.

Took over an hour to get in, and that was with people letting me cut in line because I was just trying to get to the drag pits. The cars and community were pretty bad too. The theme seems to really focus on "style" over substance. I really hope I didn't act like that as a teenage car enthusiast but I probably did.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Hey, nice time.

Wait, WHAT IS THAT? NICE FENDER GAP IDIOT!!11

(Please launch-control me to death, thanks)

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Chinatown posted:

Hey, nice time.

Wait, WHAT IS THAT? NICE FENDER GAP IDIOT!!11

(Please launch-control me to death, thanks)

The bummer is I've been going through the 30+ "photographers" albums and I haven't seen a single picture of my buddy's beautiful LSX RX7 that he showed, but I've seen two dozen multiple angle shots of the same BRZ with a 5' "stinger" exhaust pipe on stanced rims.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

What's Nissan's official stance with the auto-launch now? I know when it first came out they were dropping transmissions like flies but then I assume they fixed whatever the issue was. Are owners just allowed to do use it whenever they like now or do they tell you if you use it X amount it voids the warranty or anything like that? Which model year was that fixed in?

Edit: vv that's a pretty cool feature.

davebo fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jun 24, 2013

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

davebo posted:

What's Nissan's official stance with the auto-launch now? I know when it first came out they were dropping transmissions like flies but then I assume they fixed whatever the issue was. Are owners just allowed to do use it whenever they like now or do they tell you if you use it X amount it voids the warranty or anything like that? Which model year was that fixed in?

In 2012 it's all kosher. If you do it more than 4 times (I think) within a 5 minute time period it will put the car into limp mode until everything cools off.

Nissan learned their lesson, I've heard of them replacing trannies on cars with upgraded turbos pushing 750+hp now.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Dead Blue Sky posted:

Had an impromptu Audi meet at a friends this weekend. Mine's the S4 on the right. There was another S4 in the driveway, but he couldn't get his bumper back on in time.

These all look very nice. I don't know much about the C4 platform, except that I want one.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Comrade Flynn posted:

In 2012 it's all kosher. If you do it more than 4 times (I think) within a 5 minute time period it will put the car into limp mode until everything cools off.

Nissan learned their lesson, I've heard of them replacing trannies on cars with upgraded turbos pushing 750+hp now.

Oh really? I thought it was still a "Doing it more than n times voids the warranty" policy. Good to know I suppose, in case I ever win the lottery.

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011

Comrade Flynn posted:

The bummer is I've been going through the 30+ "photographers" albums and I haven't seen a single picture of my buddy's beautiful LSX RX7 that he showed, but I've seen two dozen multiple angle shots of the same BRZ with a 5' "stinger" exhaust pipe on stanced rims.

ImportScene2013.txt

This is why I stay away from import car shows even when an organizer wants me to show up with my STi. I'd rather spend my Saturday/Sunday at a track/autox/dragstrip, than deal with fucks that ask why I didn't slam my car to the weeds or why my brake pads are so loud. Then, again I'm into performance cars for their abilities and for competition at timed events and not for internet fame which is probably a minority viewpoint in the bigger scheme of thing.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*

DropShadow posted:

These all look very nice. I don't know much about the C4 platform, except that I want one.

I saw all of those Audis and my first thought was that you had been busy buying cars.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

goatse guy posted:

I saw all of those Audis and my first thought was that you had been busy buying cars.

I'm not sure if that's a good reputation to have. I think the next one I need is a C5 allroad 2.7T with a manual.

Lord Gaga
May 9, 2010

BMB5150 posted:

My father owns this car and I have free reign to drive this thing whenever and wherever I want so this is the closest thing to owning a car.

Looks like my father just found a job in the nick of time to save this car and we're thankful of that.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search?ie=UTF8&keywords=Pastor%20Troy%20Benz&tag=whosa-20&index=digital-music&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=9325

...I cant actually find this song online but it is Benz by Pastor Troy and is made to sound like the song Friends by Whodini.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

G-Mach posted:

ImportScene2013.txt

This is why I stay away from import car shows even when an organizer wants me to show up with my STi. I'd rather spend my Saturday/Sunday at a track/autox/dragstrip, than deal with fucks that ask why I didn't slam my car to the weeds or why my brake pads are so loud. Then, again I'm into performance cars for their abilities and for competition at timed events and not for internet fame which is probably a minority viewpoint in the bigger scheme of thing.

...dude, you're talking about car shows. Who do you expect to show up? The whole drat point is aesthetics.

InstantInfidel
Jan 9, 2010

BEST :10bux: I EVER SPENT

BMB5150 posted:

My father owns this car and I have free reign to drive this thing whenever and wherever I want so this is the closest thing to owning a car.

Looks like my father just found a job in the nick of time to save this car and we're thankful of that.

Earlier today I bought this car's dad, a very well-kept 1989 SL560. I've only got one pic for now, but I'll post a few more (and much better) ones tomorrow.

120k miles on it, the interior is great and the body has all of 2 small rust spots that shouldn't be major issues. There are a few things to be fixed: the cruise control doesn't work, the antenna doesn't work, the middle AC vents don't work (which is a pain in the dick, actually, since the part that's broken is against the firewall and the entire dash has to come off), the speakers and stereo are shot (speakers are going to be modern, trying to find a nice vintage-looking receiver), and the soft top is kind of tricky to put down. Oh, and most of the gaskets and belts are reaching end-of-life and probably need to be replaced. All in all, looks like around $3,000 worth of work since I'm confident in doing everything but the gaskets by myself, and even those don't look too daunting. That would be a lot, except that I only paid $5,500 for the car, which is a helluva lot lower than what they retail for in worse condition. All in all, I'm really excited to have a killer (and, as of next year, classic!) car.

sports
Sep 1, 2012

BMB5150 posted:

:unsmith: that your dad didn't put himself under on this beaut.

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011

BlackMK4 posted:

...dude, you're talking about car shows. Who do you expect to show up? The whole drat point is aesthetics.

Yeah, that's why in way to many words that I don't go to car shows.

allonblack
Dec 9, 2004

Yes, you.
Finally finished putting the S4 into full summer mode this weekend.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money
It's a little dirty, but I just picked this up about a month ago and it has been wonderful!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

bobfather posted:

It's a little dirty, but I just picked this up about a month ago and it has been wonderful!

I just signed the paperwork on a loaded ST3 in black. I will miss the 1er but the allure of two more doors and a hatch and civilized bluetooth hands free poo poo coupled with X-plan and some other incentives made me pull the trigger.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan
Have any of you ST owners cross-shopped with the Veloster Turbo? If so, what made you decide on the ST?
I haven't driven the ST but I really enjoyed the Veloster Turbo I test drove.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

allonblack posted:

Finally finished putting the S4 into full summer mode this weekend.

That's gorgeous. I'm kicking myself for not splurging a bit more for the base S4 rather than the A4 S-Line with its expensive luxury gizmos.

Obviously not quite the performance but I still think it looks nice :unsmith:

(Apologies for the terrible photo quality)

sticksy fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Jun 25, 2013

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

travisray2004 posted:

Have any of you ST owners cross-shopped with the Veloster Turbo? If so, what made you decide on the ST?

Drive the Ford and then go back and drive the Veloster again. Pay attention to road/wind noise and the interior quality (if you care about those sorts of things). I say this without ever driving the Fiesta, only the Veloster. I imagine the Ford drives much much better, too. All in all I'm pretty unimpressed by most of the recent Hyundai offerings. They look nice and are cheap, but you can tell where they saved the money.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

travisray2004 posted:

For me it was purely the 3-doorness of the Veloster that threw me off. I bought my ST because I'm thinking of starting a family in the next couple years and loading and unloading kid(s) will be tough with baby seats and what not.

Plus, the ST is the better handler, has more power, and I see them rarely, as opposed to the Veloster which I see in turbo and NA form almost any time I drive around.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

I just signed the paperwork on a loaded ST3 in black. I will miss the 1er but the allure of two more doors and a hatch and civilized bluetooth hands free poo poo coupled with X-plan and some other incentives made me pull the trigger.

You will love it. My car was a used ST3, fully loaded (except for the tangerine scream option, obviously). 14k miles on the odometer, and I paid $23.2k before tax, title and license.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

bobfather posted:

You will love it. My car was a used ST3, fully loaded (except for the tangerine scream option, obviously). 14k miles on the odometer, and I paid $23.2k before tax, title and license.

Good on you price-wise, but man, I would not trust a slightly used hot hatch.

Should we make a ST thread? I feel like I have seen a bunch of them.

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Good on you price-wise, but man, I would not trust a slightly used hot hatch.

Should we make a ST thread? I feel like I have seen a bunch of them.

We should start an ST thread!

Also, the car I bought had 14.5k miles put on the car in about 6 months, or about 80 miles a day, every day. It's a Texas car and to drive that much here we're talking 95%+ highway miles.

At any rate, the warranty still applies for 3 years/36k miles.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Fine! You jerks go start an ST thread!

Seriously though, I did suggest we start a hatchback thread since the wagon guys got all butt hurt and elitist.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Seriously though, I did suggest we start a hatchback thread since the wagon guys got all butt hurt and elitist.

There's a very clear line between wagon & hatchback, and it's the D-pillar. :colbert:

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

sticksy posted:

That's gorgeous. I'm kicking myself for not splurging a bit more for the base S4 rather than the A4 S-Line with its expensive luxury gizmos.

Obviously not quite the performance but I still think it looks nice :unsmith:

(Apologies for the terrible photo quality)

Honestly, you don't want a base S4, because then you'd be kicking yourself for not spending more for the sport diff, drive select, Nav, etc., etc. Your A4 is nice.

edit: Whoops, meant to combine these two posts.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

Probably around 10,000ft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Fine! You jerks go start an ST thread!

Well to be fair, they do tend to carry a lot of baggage.