Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Mitchicon posted:

Yet Reagen didn't fix things, and the problems that led to the current crisis are actively being defended by the opposing party.

So, not the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

Reagan inherited a mess and made it worse.

He also funded, armed, and trained death squads who committed literal acts of genocide. He has the blood of hundreds of thousands of innocent people on his hands at the very least. gently caress Ronald Reagan, the world is a better place now that he is not in it.

The really funny thing, though, is that Obama actually isn't that different from Reagan politically. American political discourse has shifted waaaay to the right in the intervening time, and a lot of Reagan's domestic policies would be considered fairly liberal by modern standards.

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Vroom vroom, BEEP BEEP!
Nap Ghost
Might want to be careful about that chart. Even if it were accurate, that percentage increase would be a dodgy way to present that data.

http://www.factcheck.org/2012/02/dueling-debt-deceptions/

Aeka 2.0
Nov 16, 2000

:ohdear: Have you seen my apex seals? I seem to have lost them.

Dinosaur Gum
Can't go more than a week it seems:

Here is the article. http://usahitman.com/ecoadp/

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.
The Evergreen Aviation Museum in McMinnville is cool as gently caress and everyone should go see it. It has the Spruce Goose! Last time I went it also had a Black Bird.

On topic: I can never figure out Chemtrials are supposed to do? Mind-control us all into a New World Order?

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

platedlizard posted:

On topic: I can never figure out Chemtrials are supposed to do? Mind-control us all into a New World Order?
Kill us all, because one of the NWO's fiendish plans is to reduce the population by ~80%. For evil funzies.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Gen. Ripper posted:

Kill us all, because one of the NWO's fiendish plans is to reduce the population by ~80%. For evil funzies.

It's part of the Gaia cult and environmentalism; one of the tenets of the Green cult is that the world is overpopulated and thus many humans should be killed. Global warming is also part of this cult.

Seriously, that's the reason.

Sir Rolo
Oct 16, 2012
You know, considering there have been chemtrails as long as there have been airplanes, this seems like one of the slowest, least ineffective methods of mass-poisoning ever. In fact, I'm pretty sure the average lifespan has gone up considerably over the age of air travel.

Why doesn't the NWO just start directly poisoning large bodies of water?

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

Sir Rolo posted:

You know, considering there have been chemtrails as long as there have been airplanes, this seems like one of the slowest, least ineffective methods of mass-poisoning ever. In fact, I'm pretty sure the average lifespan has gone up considerably over the age of air travel.

By lengthening lifespans, they're creating artificial overpopulation so that they can justify their schemes to themselves.
:tinfoil:

AllTerrineVehicle
Jan 8, 2010

I'm great at boats!

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

By lengthening lifespans, they're creating artificial overpopulation so that they can justify their schemes to themselves.

Chemtrails are actually beneficial, they're made from a version of the immortality elixir that the Illuminati learned from the lizard people. They're just trying to do us a solid by making us healthier in secret because we're too paranoid to trust anyone.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

It is a scheme to bankrupt social security.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Sir Rolo posted:

Why doesn't the NWO just start directly poisoning large bodies of water?

Because that's the Illuminati's plan by adding flouride to the drinking water.

That's why neither have killed us yet - flouride and chemtrails actually cancel each other out. That's why we can never get rid of either, or we'll be helpless.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
How inspired. :allears:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Leospeare
Jun 27, 2003
I lack the ability to think of a creative title.

Fulchrum posted:

Because that's the Illuminati's plan by adding flouride to the drinking water.

That's why neither have killed us yet - flouride and chemtrails actually cancel each other out. That's why we can never get rid of either, or we'll be helpless.

I like to think this is just poor organisational communication. A few productive meetings, some shifts in their organisational culture, and they could really do something to this world they secretly control instead of just screwing each other over by siloing all their departments. Do international secret societies have a Gordon Ramsay-type of person who can go in and shake things up?

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer

AllTerrineVehicle posted:

Chemtrails are actually beneficial, they're made from a version of the immortality elixir that the Illuminati learned from the lizard people. They're just trying to do us a solid by making us healthier in secret because we're too paranoid to trust anyone.

You know, I'd love to see a conspiracy nutjob that ran with things like this. I know that psychologically it doesn't work that way, but I'd love if somewhere out there there was someone that was absolutely sure that there were conspiracies everywhere all about making things better for us than they would be otherwise. Like the whole "we got lasers from the Roswell crash" thing writ large.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Phone posted:

How inspired. :allears:

I'm just pissed he didn't call it a povertv.

TerminalSaint
Apr 21, 2007

Where must we go...

we who wander this Wasteland in search of our better selves?

:smug:

(Don't get me wrong, monsanto and citizens united both suck, but what a stupid slogan/attempted rallying cry.)

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!
I live in small town New York and as I was driving through nearby small town, I saw about a dozen people with signs protesting (?) chemtrails. One of them had a sign that said "Google 'Chemtrails'" which I did and the top few results are about how it's a conspiracy theory with no merit.

Maybe not the best suggestion?

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

clockwork sundial posted:

I live in small town New York and as I was driving through nearby small town, I saw about a dozen people with signs protesting (?) chemtrails. One of them had a sign that said "Google 'Chemtrails'" which I did and the top few results are about how it's a conspiracy theory with no merit.

Maybe not the best suggestion?

I disagree, that is the best suggestion.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

TerminalSaint posted:

:smug:

(Don't get me wrong, monsanto and citizens united both suck, but what a stupid slogan/attempted rallying cry.)

Sounds like a weak knock-off of Robert Reich's "I'll believe corporations are people when Texas executes one."

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

So I was searching around YouTube for 666 religious nut videos and stumbled across this video, which is pretty much loving perfect because it has everything: microchips, Christianity, Obamacare, annoyingly specific dates which backfire on the nuts when they arrive and the Bad Stuff doesn't happen, etc. It's awesome.

ohgodwhat
Aug 6, 2005

Oh no, not a medical device registry! What do words mean?

Great video though.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
poo poo, I think I missed the deadline on my 666 ID implant. Is there a number I call to set up an appointment or do I just report to the nearest FEMA camp?

UnmaskedGremlin
May 28, 2002

I hear there's gonna be cake!
ObamaCars:

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Govern...ration-bill-too

In which Marco Rubio himself said the article was full of poo poo. Doesn't stop my FB feed by being littered with this garbage.

SkopeDog
Sep 6, 2011

UnmaskedGremlin posted:

ObamaCars:

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Govern...ration-bill-too

In which Marco Rubio himself said the article was full of poo poo. Doesn't stop my FB feed by being littered with this garbage.

Being a man of Latin American descent, I wonder if I can retire my old G20 now? One Infiniti G-35, please Mr. Obama! Oh, do charge that hardworking white man over yonder! :smuggo:

TURN IT OFF!
Dec 26, 2012
I got this this on Facebook.

quote:

The Lead Vaccine Developer Comes Clean So She Can “Sleep At Night”: Gardasil and Cervarix Don’t Work, Are Dangerous, and Weren’t Tested

Dr. Diane Harper was the lead researcher in the development of the human papilloma virus vaccines, Gardasil and Cervarix. She is the latest to come forward and question the safety and effectiveness of these vaccines. She made the surprising announcement at the 4th International Public Conference on Vaccination, which took place in Reston, Virginia on Oct. 2nd through 4th, 2009. Her speech was supposed to promote the Gardasil and Cervarix vaccines, but she instead turned on her corporate bosses in a very public way. When questioned about the presentation, audience members remarked that they came away feeling that the vaccines should not be used.

“I came away from the talk with the perception that the risk of adverse side effects is so much greater than the risk of cervical cancer, I couldn’t help but question why we need the vaccine at all.”
– Joan Robinson

Dr. Harper explained in her presentation that the cervical cancer risk in the U.S. is already extremely low, and that vaccinations are unlikely to have any effect upon the rate of cervical cancer in the United States. In fact, 70% of all H.P.V. infections resolve themselves without treatment in a year, and the number rises to well over 90% in two years. Harper also mentioned the safety angle. All trials of the vaccines were done on children aged 15 and above, despite them currently being marketed for 9-year-olds. So far, 15,037 girls have reported adverse side effects from Gardasil alone to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (V.A.E.R.S.), and this number only reflects parents who underwent the hurdles required for reporting adverse reactions. At the time of writing, 44 girls are officially known to have died from these vaccines. The reported side effects include Guillian Barré Syndrome (paralysis lasting for years, or permanently — sometimes eventually causing suffocation), lupus, seizures, blood clots, and brain inflammation. Parents are usually not made aware of these risks. Dr. Harper, the vaccine developer, claimed that she was speaking out, so that she might finally be able to sleep at night.

“About eight in every ten women who have been sexually active will have H.P.V. at some stage of their life. Normally there are no symptoms, and in 98 per cent of cases it clears itself. But in those cases where it doesn’t, and isn’t treated, it can lead to pre-cancerous cells which may develop into cervical cancer.” - Dr. Diane Harper

One must understand how the establishment’s word games are played to truly understand the meaning of the above quote, and one needs to understand its unique version of “science”. When they report that untreated cases “can” lead to something that “may” lead to cervical cancer, it really means that the relationship is merely a hypothetical conjecture that is profitable if people actually believe it. In other words, there is no demonstrated relationship between the condition being vaccinated for and the rare cancers that the vaccine might prevent, but it is marketed to do that nonetheless. In fact, there is no actual evidence that the vaccine can prevent any cancer. From the manufacturers own admissions, the vaccine only works on 4 strains out of 40 for a specific venereal disease that dies on its own in a relatively short period, so the chance of it actually helping an individual is about about the same as the chance of him being struck by a meteorite. Why do nine-year-old girls need vaccinations for extremely rare and symptom-less venereal diseases that the immune system usually kills anyway?

I work in a hospital, and so already in the pocket of Big Pharma and probably have an agenda if I challenge those claims. I responded with "The same page warns against chem-trails and says that looking into the sun gives you superpower. Hmm."
Let's see how that works.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

TURN IT OFF! posted:

I got this this on Facebook.

I work in a hospital, and so already in the pocket of Big Pharma and probably have an agenda if I challenge those claims. I responded with "The same page warns against chem-trails and says that looking into the sun gives you superpower. Hmm."
Let's see how that works.

So apparently she said that in 2009, and no action was taken to stop the spread of this awful disease! Oh no, I wonder what will have happened in the four years since!!??

Well, it turns out the first real study looking at the effects of the HPV vaccine since it was implemented has come out, and boy is it a doozy! Make sure you're sitting down!

http://www.ctvnews.ca/health/hpv-vaccine-cuts-infections-in-teen-girls-by-half-u-s-study-1.1332578 posted:

HPV vaccine cuts infections in teen girls by half: U.S. study

ATLANTA -- A vaccine against a cervical cancer virus cut infections in teen girls by half in the first study to measure the shot's impact since it came on the market. The results impressed health experts and a top government top health official called them striking.

The research released Wednesday echoes studies done before the HPV vaccine became available in 2006. But the new study is the first evidence of just how well it works now that it is in general use.

Only about half of teen girls in the U.S. have gotten at least one dose of the expensive vaccine, and just a third of teen girls have had all three shots, according to the latest government figures.

"These are striking results and I think they should be a wake-up call that we need to increase vaccination rates," said Dr. Thomas Frieden, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Cervical cancer is caused by certain types of the common sexually transmitted virus called HPV, for human papillomavirus. The vaccine, which costs about $130 per dose, protects against a few of those strains, including two blamed for 70 per cent of cervical cancers. The shots work best if given before someone is sexually active so the emphasis has been on giving the shots to 11- and 12-year olds.

The CDC study compared infection rates in girls ages 14 to 19 before and after the vaccine became available. The proportion infected with the targeted HPV strains dropped 56 per cent, from about 12 per cent before the vaccine was sold to 5 per cent. That result was for all teens after it was on the market, whether or not they were vaccinated.
Among girls who had gotten the vaccine, the drop in HPV infections was higher -- 88 per cent.

There are two vaccines against HPV, but the study mainly reflects the impact of Gardasil, the Merck & Co. vaccine that came on the market in 2006. A second vaccine approved in 2009 -- GlaxoSmithKline's Cervarix -- probably had relatively little bearing on the results, said the CDC's Dr. Lauri Markowitz, the study's lead author.

Both vaccines are approved in the U.S. for use in males and females -- in ages 9 to 26 for females, and 9 to 21 in males. The vaccine was only recommended for boys in late 2011, and the CDC has not yet reported data on how many boys have gotten the shot since then. HPV vaccination requires three shots over 6 months.

An estimated 75 to 80 per cent of men and women are infected with HPV during their lifetime. Most don't develop symptoms and clear it on their own. But some infections lead to genital warts, cervical cancer and other cancers. The study didn't look at cervical cancer rates. It can take many years for such cancers to develop, and not enough time has passed to know the vaccine's impact on cancer rates, CDC officials said.

The study involved interviews and physical examinations of nearly 1,400 teen girls in 2003 through 2006 and of 740 girls in 2007 through 2010.

The vaccine's impact was seen even though only 34 per cent of the teens in the second group had received any vaccine. That could be due to "herd immunity" -- when a population is protected from an infection because a large or important smaller group is immune.

Only about 20 per cent of those vaccinated got all three doses. That result will likely feed an ongoing discussion about whether all three doses are necessary, Markowitz said.

Overall, the study found no significant change over time in the proportion of teens who'd ever had sex and in those who had multiple sex partners. However, it did find that a higher percentage of vaccinated teens said they'd had three or more sex partners.

That could have driven down infection rates, Markowitz noted, if the teens who got vaccinated were the ones at highest risk of getting an infection and spreading it.
The research was released online by the Journal of Infectious Diseases.

But I guess this study doesn't count because it was conducted by the CDC, which is probably evil for some reason or some poo poo, I don't know.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

vyelkin posted:

But I guess this study doesn't count because it was conducted by the CDC, which is probably evil for some reason or some poo poo, I don't know.

You jest, but one of the principle opponents to the latest sex ed bill here in good ol' South Carolina objected to the use of evidence from places such as the CDC, the AMA and the WHO because they are "liberal organizations". He considered their endorsement a strike against the bill's recommendations.

The loving CDC.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Stew Man Chew posted:

You jest, but one of the principle opponents to the latest sex ed bill here in good ol' South Carolina objected to the use of evidence from places such as the CDC, the AMA and the WHO because they are "liberal organizations". He considered their endorsement a strike against the bill's recommendations.

The loving CDC.

Controlling disease is Big Government, don't tread on the rights of virii and bacteria to be a free agent!

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
IF "virus" were one of those -us singulars to -i plurals, the proper plural would be "viri," not "virii." But even that's wrong.

http://ancienthistory.about.com/cs/latinlearning/f/virusplural.htm

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Guillian Barré Syndrome is also auto-immune (meaning there's likely some genetic component) and can be caused by the flu virus--actually, since its primary trigger isn't very well understood, it could be caused by any viral agent or vaccine for such. It's the equivalent of saying a topical cream can cause rashes.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Since I long purged my social media of anyone who isn't down with same sex marriage (for fucks sack it's 2013, people), I expect this thread to feed me the inevitable tears of bigots.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Since I long purged my social media of anyone who isn't down with same sex marriage (for fucks sack it's 2013, people), I expect this thread to feed me the inevitable tears of bigots.

I would also love to see anti-abortion supporters in tears over Wendy Davis' victory as well.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Yes I would also that.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

Wheeee

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Points for:
Invoking God

Points against:
Decent grammar
No random punctuation
No ARE COUNTRY rhetoric

D+ needs more outrage

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:

"Your lord sucks, my jesus loves gay marriage."(seriously, all the churches in the city of various denominations support gay marriage here)

Zuhzuhzombie!!
Apr 17, 2008
FACTS ARE A CONSPIRACY BY THE CAPITALIST OPRESSOR

Amused to Death posted:

"Your lord sucks, my jesus loves gay marriage."(seriously, all the churches in the city of various denominations support gay marriage here)

This is how I've been responding.

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp

"John MarshallGod has made his decision; now let him enforce it!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
He normally posts the most reprehensible religio-servative bullshit but I've never seen him cry out for god's hand of judgement before. He's the only really crazy guy on my facebook so it really stands out to me but I recognize it's a way off some of the more insane stuff in this thread.