Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

jivjov posted:

My FLGS got a box of leftover crap from last year for Free RPG Day. Is there any chance of the free Edge of the Empire adventure being available anytime else?

The guys at my store said it will probably be available online tonight. I hope they're right about that, none of them could actually find their Free RPG Day stuff, and I stopped by just as they were setting up for a bunch of card drafts/tournaments/whatever so I couldn't even get to look at the adventure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Druggeddwarf
Nov 9, 2011

My first attack must ALWAYS be a charge!
I went to my local specifically for Free RPG day. It was booked up 5 minutes before starting time and all the freebies were gone :(

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
One interesting change spotted in the Free RPG Day book: difficulty for Brawl/Melee now seems to be 1.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

PantsOptional posted:

One interesting change spotted in the Free RPG Day book: difficulty for Brawl/Melee now seems to be 1.

That could have been a change to speed up play during that adventure. I've seen rules tweaks like that in the past. In theory we'll find out in July.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I've had my Pre-Order placed since March :suicide:

Hurry uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup

Purgey
Nov 5, 2008
I've been reading through this thread and I wish this game was released already. It sounds like just what I need for my upcoming Sci Fi game that I intend to run. Kinda bummed on the whole custom dice thing but I'm willing to let it slide if the mechanics are sound.

So long as I'm in this thread, I've got a big box full of Star Wars collectible miniatures if anyone is looking for that sort of thing. Somewhere around 20-30 stormtroopers of various stripes, officers, maybe 20 or so rebels and a few other odds and ends. I can scare up a picture later and give an accurate count.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Purgey posted:

I've been reading through this thread and I wish this game was released already. It sounds like just what I need for my upcoming Sci Fi game that I intend to run. Kinda bummed on the whole custom dice thing but I'm willing to let it slide if the mechanics are sound.

The custom dice work really well once you get used to them. It should take about 10 minutes, and then it's really no different than any other sort of rpg resolution mechanic.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Seconded. My group ran both the Beginner Box mission and the sequel from FFG's website, and both times it only took a couple of rolls before we were comfortable with the custom pips.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
I keep checking Fantasy Flight's site but unless I'm looking in the wrong place they still haven't uploaded a PDF of the Free RPG Day adventure. Bummer.

When do we think the Core Rulebook is coming out now?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Epi Lepi posted:

About a week prior to the heat-death of the universe, at this rate.

8one6
May 20, 2012

Epi Lepi posted:

I keep checking Fantasy Flight's site but unless I'm looking in the wrong place they still haven't uploaded a PDF of the Free RPG Day adventure. Bummer.

According to the person I follow on twitter who works on the game they're still set for mid-July. Knowing FFG and US customs I will be pleasantly surprised if they show up in mid-July.

LordLobo
Dec 12, 2003

Not
gonna
take it
anymore
at this point they may as well wait for GenCon

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Checked FFG and all the Edge of the Empire products are :siren:SHIPPING:siren:

Should have all our poo poo in the next 2 weeks.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Carteret posted:

Checked FFG and all the Edge of the Empire products are :siren:SHIPPING:siren:

Should have all our poo poo in the next 2 weeks.

Does this include the dice? I've got the set from the beginner box, but I want to pick up another.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Yup.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Barnes & Noble has the publication date listed as today, which I'm told usually corresponds to the street date. Will check later.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

PantsOptional posted:

Barnes & Noble has the publication date listed as today, which I'm told usually corresponds to the street date. Will check later.

To add to that:

By all accounts this means that B&N can sell it if they have it, since there's no other SoS date listed with the book. However if FFG hasn't shipped it to them yet, obviously they can't sell it.

Generally this isn't done terribly often in the publishing world. You (typically) want to send the book out to your distributors before hand where they ripen in a warehouse until the SoS date. There's no 'Pick Up in Store' option listed for EotE which might be telling.

Still, check in with your local B&N by phone to see if they have it. Report back if successful!

edit:
ISBN:9781616616571

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

I really hope they stick with the summaries attached to NPC features in the future.

Saga was a good game but it was tedious to look up every feat/Force ability on an NPC's stat block.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Interesting - they added back in the lightsaber's defensive capabilities but swapped the values. Wouldn't be surprised to find out that they only apply if you're trained in the skill. They also tinkered a little with the Jedi's Adversary rating, wound and strain thresholds, and took away Dodge, which can only be good. Under the errata this character was basically impossible to hit. As it stands, you're still rolling three Challenge dice and two Setback to shoot it from Medium range.

They did, however, calculate defense incorrectly. The Melee and Ranged defenses should be reversed unless something major changed, or unless they assigned the wrong values to the lightsaber itself.

Sneaky Homunculus
May 19, 2008

I am running Act I of Long Arm of the Hutt, and I wanted to try using more images while GMing to help out immersion. I built upon an existing presentation with more images and scenes from Act I. I think Prezi could be a good way to make GM notes, at least, since you can combine different forms of media easily.

http://prezi.com/d7pmokxhdlm-/the-long-arm-of-the-hutt-acts-12/

OverloadUT
Sep 11, 2001

I couldn't think of an image so I Googled "Overload"
Has anyone designed their own or found on the web a way to make enemy stat blocks with the dice pools for common actions pre-calculated? Now that I've been running EotE for a few weeks I'm finding it really annoying every time I want to have a dude use a blaster, I have to check to see what kind of weapon it is (light or heavy) then check in a different place to see what his skill is with the weapon, THEN check in a third different place to see what his ability rating in Agility is, and build the dice pool from that.

Seems like a no brainer to have it be listed more like

Equipment
Blaster Pistol: , Damage: 6, etc etc

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

OverloadUT posted:

Has anyone designed their own or found on the web a way to make enemy stat blocks with the dice pools for common actions pre-calculated? Now that I've been running EotE for a few weeks I'm finding it really annoying every time I want to have a dude use a blaster, I have to check to see what kind of weapon it is (light or heavy) then check in a different place to see what his skill is with the weapon, THEN check in a third different place to see what his ability rating in Agility is, and build the dice pool from that.

Equipment
I mean, lets loving hope there is a glossary/cheatsheet/quick reference in the release edition. Or maybe it's one of those magical charts on the back of the GM screen? That sounds loving terrible, though.

Rugpisser
Aug 1, 2007

PHONES DOWN...PHONES DOWN IN THE BACK

OverloadUT posted:

Equipment

I think Long Arm of the Hutt and Black Sun Adventure have it set up this way.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

So with this set to come out next week I've been up in the air about getting this. I already have the complete set of the Saga Edition. But so far EoE sounds really fun. Would it be worth picking up the Beginner's box now? I do already have the dice app for Android.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

KomradeX posted:

So with this set to come out next week I've been up in the air about getting this. I already have the complete set of the Saga Edition. But so far EoE sounds really fun. Would it be worth picking up the Beginner's box now? I do already have the dice app for Android.

At this point, unless you really want the pre-gen characters and adventure, I'd just wait for the full rulebook. The rulebook in the beginner's box is pretty lame, only covering the bare minimum to play the pre-gen adventures. Get the core rulebook when it releases, plus a dice pack (if you want, I know you said you had the app already).

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

So this apparently comes out this week.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4222

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Oh God, sample play. The most cringe-inducing thing in any non-FATAL/RAHOWA/CthulhuTech game book.

OverloadUT
Sep 11, 2001

I couldn't think of an image so I Googled "Overload"

PantsOptional posted:

Oh God, sample play. The most cringe-inducing thing in any non-FATAL/RAHOWA/CthulhuTech game book.

I actually find sample play to be very useful in a lot of rulebooks. I was reading Dungeon World the other day and the examples were really helpful.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

They can be helpful, no doubt, but they're often some of the most awkward things in the world to read.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

The day has come. CSI just shipped my poo poo! :woop:

Edit: First reports are positive. Also, it's got 40 pages of setting.

Carteret fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Jul 3, 2013

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

If anyone actually gets ahold of the book, I'm intensely curious what has changed/been updated since Beta.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

My store said I should have it today, but I didn't really read much of the beta.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Good lord this is a giant book. I can look up specific stuff for y'all if you want. The Gamemaster kit is really nice, too. The screen looks excellent and has a ton of good info. It comes with an adventure and a guide to creating nemesis enemies.

They have rules for bipods and bowcaster auto cockers :stare:

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

alg posted:

Good lord this is a giant book. I can look up specific stuff for y'all if you want. The Gamemaster kit is really nice, too. The screen looks excellent and has a ton of good info. It comes with an adventure and a guide to creating nemesis enemies.

They have rules for bipods and bowcaster auto cockers :stare:

Is the Streetsmarts talent still present in the Force Sensitive Exile tree? Does it still remove Setback dice from Streetwise and Knowledge:Underworld checks? If so how much does it cost?

This is critical.

Mendrian fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jul 3, 2013

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

But why would you want to remove such a fantastic talent?

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

PantsOptional posted:

But why would you want to remove such a fantastic talent?

Shhh, I'm holding my breath.

Also I'm really curious about what was offered in terms of new equipment but if you aren't familiar with the beta it's going to be hard to compare. I was really hoping they'd fix autofire and dual-wielding a bit more but from all accounts that hasn't changed.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Mendrian posted:

Is the Streetsmarts talent still present in the Force Sensitive Exile tree? Does it still remove Setback dice from Streetwise and Knowledge:Underworld checks? If so how much does it cost?

This is critical.

Yes. Costs 20

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

alg posted:

Yes. Costs 20

That makes me sad. I'd had hopes that there would have been some rebalancing of the really boring talents and Streetsmarts was by far the worst offender in that regard.

Ah well, I'm still really stoked about the rest of the system, it was a nitpicky problem at worst.

Thanks!

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

Is it only in there once, though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alg
Mar 14, 2007

PantsOptional posted:

Is it only in there once, though?

There are two street smarts talents for that class.

• Locked thread