Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sponsz
Aug 28, 2005

By the whiskers of Kurvi-Tasch!

I guess it's a HDR Akuma situation, where he is significantly better than the rest of the cast/has good matchups against everyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arikado
May 9, 2008

I say let Scorpion rock at CEO and see what happens. He is really loving good, but it's too early to be screaming for a ban, I think. v:shobon:v

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Didn't he already get a huge nerf on his best moves? If he's really still that good, he'll probably just get nerfed again.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

I don't read TYM, but there's a decent thread or two about him at the Injustice sub on Reddit. A lot of people are venting about his "gamebreakingness" - but there has been citation of lots of reasonable, non-butthurt analysis of him as a character from people like CDJ, REO and Tom Brady. Also, this link to Boon's twitter (admittedly not the best source ever, but nonetheless....) https://twitter.com/noobde/status/349299447534063616

EDIT: here is a link to some excellent podcast discussion.

My two cents: I find Scorpion irritating, but the vast majority of players I run into online picking him get immediately blown up when they realize I can just sit there as DD and duck the teleport, then punish. J3 is still annoying, but I generally just try to stay the hell away from it, command air grab it, or be in trait. Failing that, divebombing stuffs it. If I get whacked, it does feel pretty random and disorienting. I don't like him as a character and I think he's upset the balance of the game fairly significantly, but I'm not losing sleep or necessarily seeing a ton of losses to Scorpions (yet...) He just makes my brain hurt too much to enjoy fighting, with all the zipping and the zopping and so on - which, frankly, I, don't like, and I can see that degree of frustration as being a bad thing for the scene when multiplied over a lot of players who have other games they can go to where they feel less like they're inside a pinball machine with few options in that matchup.

(That being said, I lost to Unbound's Scorpion in the goonbat, so :negative:)

strangemusic fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Jun 25, 2013

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Weird, since the nerf you only needs to play smart to utterly wreck Scorpion poo poo. Guy's a joke now if you know what are you doing. I've played against one of two good Scorpions though, but against experienced players I don't believe that he has an edge.

Foodahn
Oct 5, 2006

Pillbug
If you play smart against the vast majority of Scorpion players you meet online, then yes it's not so bad cause they're not good at all. As (by far) the worst player in this thread; I don't really think of Scorpion as threatening.

BUT at the level of a person who is going to main Scorpion at EVO, I don't really think it's fair, watch somebody who is GOOD play Scorpion and it's just kinda ridiculous. Here's a stream I saw on Reddit http://www.twitch.tv/kombatnetwork/b/420521717?t=4h59m20s watch that, and imagine being the guy playing against him. It's annoying as hell just to watch, I couldn't imagine playing against him.

Even worse is that next season dlc will no doubt include subzero or cyrax or....

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Ed Boon has said straight up, no joke, numerous times on Twitter that there will not be another MK or "Guest" character in the game and he's said it with as close to sincerity as he gets. For better or worse, Scorpion is it.

Arikado
May 9, 2008

Ed Boon says a lot of things.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Weird, since the nerf you only needs to play smart to utterly wreck Scorpion poo poo. Guy's a joke now if you know what are you doing. I've played against one of two good Scorpions though, but against experienced players I don't believe that he has an edge.

As someone who mains Scorpion I feel this has the most truth. He's pretty simple to just lockdown and counter. The J.3 and mbHellfire are his two deadliest moves, and they can be baited pretty painfully. I wouldn't say ban him, or even nerf him. I feel he's right where he belongs.

SuddenBlackout
Apr 3, 2004

I sho' is hungry
I love everyone claiming you cant jump without Scorpion punishing you, when you can neutral j2 him and get a full punish on both normal and meterburn teleport.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

SuddenBlackout posted:

I love everyone claiming you cant jump without Scorpion punishing you, when you can neutral j2 him and get a full punish on both normal and meterburn teleport.

Does this work on his jumping teleport as well?

SuddenBlackout
Apr 3, 2004

I sho' is hungry
Keep in mind this is all with Cyborg but neutral j2 trades, while jump back 3 beats it clean with timing. Main problem is nj2 sometimes can cross you up depending how it hits making for an awkward hit confirm.
Oh wait I lied, jump back 2 can also beat it clean with timing.

SuddenBlackout fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Jun 25, 2013

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
If timed right wonder womans j3 and j forward 3 beats a non MB teleport because the tail end of her lasso hits behind her.

Yardbomb posted:

Yeah I figured that, but I dunno what the deal is. We used to be able to play perfectly and then out of nowhere we haven't been able to connect to each other for a while. I tried messing with my router some, tried using my wired connection (Usually wireless) and nothing did it. :shrug:

Yeah I'll try messing with my settings again. I don't use wireless. Even right next to my ps3 my router blows donkey balls when it comes to wireless. I'll try connecting it directly to the modem and see if that changes anything, but I don't like doing that because then I can't use internet for anything else.

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Jun 25, 2013

IronMcHardSteel
Mar 29, 2010
Fun Shoe

Foodahn posted:

BUT at the level of a person who is going to main Scorpion at EVO, I don't really think it's fair, watch somebody who is GOOD play Scorpion and it's just kinda ridiculous. Here's a stream I saw on Reddit http://www.twitch.tv/kombatnetwork/b/420521717?t=4h59m20s watch that, and imagine being the guy playing against him. It's annoying as hell just to watch, I couldn't imagine playing against him.

I think it's pretty funny. You see him get hit with telepunches and crossup J3s somewhere close to a million times and then he gets mad, quits, and admits that he never practices the game.

IronMcHardSteel fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Jun 25, 2013

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

For folks wondering about some of the arguments for Scorpion being banned, I feel like this post covers it pretty nicely:

http://testyourmight.com/threads/we-are-all-testers.34734

I don't really have a stake in this race as I don't get out to tournaments, but I think personally I would lean toward voting to ban him until he's adjusted by NRS as well. It feels to me like a Scorpion player has to do way less critical thinking or decision making to succeed than anyone else, and I say that as someone who has put in a ton of time with one of the former kings of braindead characters in Superman. He completely negates the threat of interactibles in a way only a couple other characters even come close to, and keeping him cornered requires guessing right literally all the time, as opposed to the cornered Scorpion having the escape situation stacked against him.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

For folks wondering about some of the arguments for Scorpion being banned, I feel like this post covers it pretty nicely:

http://testyourmight.com/threads/we-are-all-testers.34734

I don't really have a stake in this race as I don't get out to tournaments, but I think personally I would lean toward voting to ban him until he's adjusted by NRS as well. It feels to me like a Scorpion player has to do way less critical thinking or decision making to succeed than anyone else, and I say that as someone who has put in a ton of time with one of the former kings of braindead characters in Superman. He completely negates the threat of interactibles in a way only a couple other characters even come close to, and keeping him cornered requires guessing right literally all the time, as opposed to the cornered Scorpion having the escape situation stacked against him.

Getting out of a corner with Scorpion can be pretty difficult at times. His only worthwhile wake up os his bf3, and it's not that great of one. The first round against ErrantElement durring the loser finals proves this.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
If freakin Vergil never got banned in Marvel, I don't think Scorpion should be at all. Lots of good (and sometimes bad) players can blow him up.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Earth 2 Grundy

:stare:

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
That's cool. Another costume for Sinestro rather than a costume for a character who already has like six costumes would be nice.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Earth 2 Grundy

Mad Max stylee!

:asoiaf:

Rugpisser
Aug 1, 2007

PHONES DOWN...PHONES DOWN IN THE BACK

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Earth 2 Grundy

http://youtu.be/666Xyo-LDhM?t=4s

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Blast Fantasto posted:

That's cool. Another costume for Sinestro rather than a costume for a character who already has like six costumes would be nice.

Hawkgirl's getting one which is a step in the right direction. Though yeah I'd love a Sinestro outfit more than anything, seeing as how his default is pretty crummy and his alternate is just bad.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Yardbomb posted:

Hawkgirl's getting one which is a step in the right direction. Though yeah I'd love a Sinestro outfit more than anything, seeing as how his default is pretty crummy and his alternate is just bad.

Dare I reveal my secret hope for Alan Scott Green Lantern?

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

They should just include that classic look Sinestro that's used at the end of story mode.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Scorpion's gonna be pickable at CEO. Jebailey's hoping that a show of how strong the character is will prompt a general consensus toward banning him at Evo, apparently.

Arikado
May 9, 2008

AnonSpore posted:

Scorpion's gonna be pickable at CEO. Jebailey's hoping that a show of how strong the character is will prompt a general consensus toward banning him at Evo, apparently.

Good. I can't wait to see the :qq: all weekend.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Liar Lyre posted:

They should just include that classic look Sinestro that's used at the end of story mode.

Green Lantern Sinestro already!

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

Foodahn posted:

Here's a stream I saw on Reddit http://www.twitch.tv/kombatnetwork/b/420521717?t=4h59m20s watch that, and imagine being the guy playing against him. It's annoying as hell just to watch, I couldn't imagine playing against him.

Counterpoint: his opponent was Superman, so he literally has no right to complain about anything :v:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Green Lantern Sinestro already!

This or White Lantern Sinestro or even stupid Winter Elf classic blue spandex Sinestro would be cool and would probably make me stop caring about all the alts the Wonder Twins: Batman and Superman get.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Earth 2 Grundy

Nice Demolition Grundy, can we get Ultimate Warrior Lobo next?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Giedroyc posted:

Nice Demolition Grundy, can we get Ultimate Warrior Lobo next?

ME DEMO LITION. GRUNDY SEARCH AND DE STROY YOU. RUN GRUNDY FIND YOU.

Edit: Oh sweet! More Superman costumes in the pipe!

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Jun 25, 2013

Arikado
May 9, 2008

July 2nd patch notes: http://www.injustice.com/en/news/injustice-patch-v105-release-notes

quote:

Placing The Flash in his Running Man Stance (Down+Down+2) now also sets him to a “ducking” position.

:dance:

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
^^^^

I thought that was always the case? :confused:

edit: whoa, Bane just got a HUGE buff.

Arikado
May 9, 2008

Krad posted:

^^^^

I thought that was always the case? :confused:

The timing was strict and even then it was spotty, lots of projectiles would still hit. Now it looks like he's considered to be ducking the entire time before hitting forward.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

This is great news. Running man seems pretty inconsistent so I largely ignore it, maybe that will change!

Also whoa you left out the other big one

quote:

The speed of The Flash’s Forward Dash has been increased.

It's already pretty fast so :hellyeah:

Krad posted:

edit: whoa, Bane just got a HUGE buff.

Eh, not really. It's still punishable if you jump it or mb+b3. Anyone who was parrying it previously just has to learn to time it now.

rawdog pozfail fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Jun 26, 2013

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp
Just gonna go ahead and post 'em here for the mobile crowd and such

General Gameplay Fixes

Additional frame data corrections.
Slightly reduced opponent tracking on Metropolis’ Hover Drones when thrown by a power character.
Normalized the splash hitbox Metropolis’ Hover Drones when thrown by a power character.
Normalized the splash hitbox of the Arkham/Joker Asylum Chandelier when thrown by a power character.
The input buffer window when using an Interactive Object inside of a combo with Medium + Hard Attack has been adjusted to prevent some unintentional attacks from happening.
Universal improvement to everyone’s Down+Medium attack
Made it harder to combo off the headslam on the Ship Interactive Object in the upper level of the Fortress Of Solitude.

Aquaman

The Marine Marvel (Forward+1, 3) combo now has a block advantage of 0.

Bane

The Raging Charge (Back+Forwad+X) can no longer be parried

Batgirl

You now need a bar of Meter to perform the MB version of Bab’s Bola (Back+Forward+1)

Batman

Batman can now 2in1 cancel from his Intimidation (1, 2) combo when Release Check is set to Off.

Black Adam

The Boot Stomp now has 4 additional recovery frames when blocked by the opponent.
Slightly increased Black Adam’s combo damage scaling.

Catwoman

The Tomcat (1, Forward+2) Combo had it’s block advantage adjusted to +3 (from+8).

The Flash

The speed of The Flash’s Forward Dash has been increased.
Placing The Flash in his Running Man Stance (Down+Down+2) now also sets him to a “ducking” position.

Green Arrow

There is now slightly less cancel advantage when the Queen’s Gambit (Forward+2, Down+1, 3) and Light It Up (Away+2, 3) combo is blocked.

Harley Quinn

The Bag-O-Tricks (Character Power) now recovers faster.
There is now slightly less damage scaling on attacks performed after Harley’s Mallet Bomb supermove.
The Spinning Pistols (Down+2) attack now inflicts the correct damage amount and had it’s hitbox slightly improved.

Joker

The level 2 HaHaHa (Character Power) buff now lasts 18 seconds and the level 3 HaHaHa buff now lasts 27 seconds.
The Joker’s Wild (Character Power) parry is active for 4 more additional frames.

Killer Frost

Slightly increased Killer Frost’s damage scaling on combos
Freezing Cold (character power) now has 10 additional frames of recovery.

Lex

You now need a bar of Meter to perform the MB version of the Gravity Mine (Down + Down + 3)
The Geyser Uppercut (Down+2) now inflicts correct damage to the opponent.

Nightwing

Staff Stance Down+Light is now +3 on block (down from +6).

Scorpion

Shroud of Flames (Character Power)no longer starts it’s cooldown if it gets interrupted before it is activated.
Flip Kick (Down + Forward + 2) is now -10 on block (up from -1).
Teleport Punch (Down + Back + 3) now has more recovery time when blocked.
Slightly adjusted the Teleport Punch (Down+Back+3) speed
The Teleport Punch is now a High attack and has slightly more recovery when it misses.
Increased Welcome to the Netherrealm (Supermove) damage to 37 (from33.75)
Slightly adjusted his Jumping Light and Jumping Hard hit-boxes.
The Teleport Punch (Down + Back + 3) on block is now -8 and slightly pushes back farther.

Sinestro

The Arachnid Sting (Down+Forward+Y) now has 5 additional recovery frames on when it successfully hits.

Solomon Grundy

There is now a slightly bigger hitbox on the Walking Corpse (Back+Forward+3).

Superman

Kyrptonian Crush (Supermove) now does 4% less damage.
Super Breath (Down+Back+2) now has 0 advantage when the opponent blocks.

:laffo: at the Superman "nerf", why change the damage rather than making the startup frames more inline with other supers?

Here's the rundown (rough order of severity):

Buffs: Joker, Harley, Flash, Grundy, Bane
Nerfs: Scorpion, Killer Frost, Superman, Black Adam, Catwoman, Green Arrow, Batgirl/Lex (But who even knew about Lex's glitch? Seems like it was the same as Batgirl's "free" bola?)

rawdog pozfail fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jun 26, 2013

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Holy Calamity! posted:

Eh, not really. It's still punishable if you jump it or mb+b3. Anyone who was parrying it previously just has to learn to time it now.

Whenever I play not-retarded Banes, they usually catch me off guard by using their charge from up close, and all I can do is parry the move. Now I'll just get hit all the time unless I have meter to spare.

Also, leave Scorpion alone already, Jesus Christ.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Bigger hitbox on Walking Corpse :getin:

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Liar Lyre posted:

Bigger hitbox on Walking Corpse :getin:

It accomplishes absolutely nothing unless it lets you grab people that are in an animation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rugpisser
Aug 1, 2007

PHONES DOWN...PHONES DOWN IN THE BACK

quote:

"The Teleport Punch (Down + Back + 3) on block is now -8 and slightly pushes back farther." This is for the METER BURN version only.

• Locked thread