Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agraya
Dec 15, 2009
My goal this weekend was to unlock all 4 buffs because it feels awesome to have them all at all times. Nearly got it, just have to get a few more inquisitor levels.

Also what the hell there's suddenly goons talking about Pot5. I reside there. My highest is a 50 agent with no interest in raiding, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Agraya posted:

My goal this weekend was to unlock all 4 buffs because it feels awesome to have them all at all times. Nearly got it, just have to get a few more inquisitor levels.

Also what the hell there's suddenly goons talking about Pot5. I reside there. My highest is a 50 agent with no interest in raiding, though.

Look at my post history...I used to talk about POT5 a lot, but gave up on gathering a team. :)

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.
I'm pretty sure I'm on POT5 as well. I'll have to double check when I get back to the house. I have a 44 Sith Juggernaut there.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I have a 55 Operative, and a 53/54 Consular Tank. on PoT5. I need a guild I want to raid.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Dexo posted:

I have a 55 Operative, and a 53/54 Consular Tank. on PoT5. I need a guild I want to raid.

There's the POT5 spreadsheet of dudes that play but I don't think we've really been maintaining it, I just updated my character names.

I'm open to planning a raid if enough people are interested, just haven't seen enough interested people yet. You're welcome to join my guild (Empire side) but it's a ghost town, which is why I would like to find another active guild we can exodus into.

Promethium
Dec 31, 2009
Dinosaur Gum
If you can get even 3-4 people together who want to raid and have a tank+healer in the mix it's easy enough to queue for the story mode operations, that's basically what people in my guild do when there are people online and it's not a scheduled hm/nightmare run. (We're on Pot5 too, I just hesitate to advertise the guild since it's one night of knocking out all the 8-man hardmodes and then six days of relative ghost town -- though I guess it's now also one more night of banging against some nightmare mode boss.)

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Promethium posted:

If you can get even 3-4 people together who want to raid and have a tank+healer in the mix it's easy enough to queue for the story mode operations, that's basically what people in my guild do when there are people online and it's not a scheduled hm/nightmare run. (We're on Pot5 too, I just hesitate to advertise the guild since it's one night of knocking out all the 8-man hardmodes and then six days of relative ghost town -- though I guess it's now also one more night of banging against some nightmare mode boss.)

The problem with that is I have never run the new (TFB and S&V) operations. I'd ideally like to get a group of people together to try it out in story mode, viewing cinemas and all.

ChuckBTY
Feb 14, 2012
Hey Pot5 folks. I've got a 55 sniper geared up. If we get a Goon Guild going I'd be in.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Okay, finally hit 55 on my Agent, and finished his class quests. Is there anything on the Voss merchant worth buying, space princess dress up wise? Because I can solo those heroics now.

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

[Binge and] Purge the xenos!
After a weekend of double xp, it really sinks in that if xp gains were increased by 50% the leveling experience would be much better and more lenient in terms of quest completion.

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004
Yeah, I got my Juggernaut up to 24 and I'm kinda dreading logging in and doing some quests. Oh well, this weekend will be good times again.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

I have my Sorc at 55, I haven't touched Makeb yet though. Farting around finishing off my HK so I'm working on a pub alt. Mentulla/Sorc/55, Futis/Jugg/??, Sopionis/Agent/low empire side. Futius/JK/low repub side. Throwing lightning at people never does get old.

Be nice to see more on Pot5.

FaintlyQuaint
Aug 19, 2011

The king and his men.
Grimey Drawer
For any goons that are lonely, I can invite to my guild Tatooine Swimsuit Edition on Prophecy of the Five.

Hop on and search for Jitter in Who. Let's get this goon party started. :D

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Bad warzones are pretty common, but tonight has been brutal; back to back loses over and over again, but what is really weird is how badly the loses are, and how quick they are. Every time, losing to many of the same players and within a couple minutes. I had a few matches where almost no one on my team even got any medals because the matches ended that quickly, and were that bad.

Stan S. Stanman
Nov 18, 2009
I officially hate the last step of the seeker droid quest. Both times I've done it it has been a buggy mess. If we can get past the section with the generator and turrets, it goes a lot better. However, that sequence has been a mess both times and it wipes our group.

Stan S. Stanman fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Jun 25, 2013

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

FaintlyQuaint posted:

For any goons that are lonely, I can invite to my guild Tatooine Swimsuit Edition on Prophecy of the Five.

Hop on and search for Jitter in Who. Let's get this goon party started. :D

Steezo posted:

I have my Sorc at 55, I haven't touched Makeb yet though. Farting around finishing off my HK so I'm working on a pub alt. Mentulla/Sorc/55, Futis/Jugg/??, Sopionis/Agent/low empire side. Futius/JK/low repub side. Throwing lightning at people never does get old.

Be nice to see more on Pot5.

Pot5 Imperial goon checking in, a few rl friends, the fiance and I all play in a guild called Full Metal Jawa.

IGNS: Nalargon, Dodgin, Skillperative

e: Dodgin's my 55 with 66-69 modded gear (don't know the item level of that off the top of my head)

double e: If any of you ever wan't to run some 55 HMs/Ops just hit me up, I'm almost always game. If you're new to 55 don't be shy about hopping into the HM's right away!

triple e because I hate posting new posts on the same page:

If you want a decent 10%/10% guild on Pot5:

I joined this guild Full Metal Jawa back when I was leveling, stayed in it because they were suprisingly not-typical-pubbies. Last week they made me King of the Pubbies (tm) in the guild and I can invite and all. Turns out many of them are the kind of market overlords you find in Theta Squad (best squad) from EVE-o. As I stated in my post earlier I have a decent group of friends with me that wont sperg out etc etc. So if you just need that 10% exp/10% rep or want to run some HMs hit me up and I can get you an invite. The main rule in the guild, actively enforced is: Spergout = insta kick. Whisper Dodgin/Nalargon/Skillperative in game.

FireWhizzle fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Jun 25, 2013

Team THEOLOGY
Nov 27, 2008
Paid server transfers going live in a few hours. Just to be sure, consensus is JC right? That's where TnG is?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Team THEOLOGY posted:

Paid server transfers going live in a few hours. Just to be sure, consensus is JC right? That's where TnG is?

For Empire characters? That would be awesome because that is where my current main is, and I would like to ditch this guild I am in because it has the most obnoxious pubbies and I only joined it for the 10% exp gain.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.
Just added my char names to the spreadsheet for POT5,

slothfurnace (imp) and nonentity (rep)

woot.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

Team THEOLOGY posted:

Yes, JC is where TnG is. I have my Assassin there and plan to move my Marauder over as soon as I can. It's 1000 spacebux for xfer, right?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Maintenance extended another hour.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I said come in! posted:

drat it! I wanted to get to doing some 55HMs!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I have mixed feelings about transfers...on one hand, it would be nice to be with the goons on JC...and on the other hand, I'm pretty sure I'd have to do "all or nothing" with my legacy to be happy. And also, all my names are taken on JC. :(

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!

I said come in! posted:

For who? I'm in game right now, and I'm not seeing transfers in the Market. transfers are done from your account page on the website, not in game.

EDIT: Check your billing as well, I got charged twice for my sub yesterday. I just called support about it and they said they are doing a system upgrade and to call back in an hour.

Manxome Foe fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jun 25, 2013

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

bear is driving! posted:

For who? I'm in game right now, and I'm not seeing transfers in the Market. transfers are done from your account page on the website, not in game.

EDIT: Check your billing as well, I got charged twice for my sub yesterday. I just called support about it and they said they are doing a system upgrade and to call back in an hour.

I was just going off of what the official twitter said.

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
They were all out of Marquess.
Are the new appearance options available at character creation or are they only at the kiosk? Are they account-wide?

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

So what's the deal with players running around on Makeb unflagged for PvP on PvP servers? My buddy has been doing chest runs on Makeb and I offered to gank Republic opposition, only to find that this guy (who has apparently been doing this for days) is completely unflagged in open contested territory. What gives?

DJ Turbo Punch fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jun 25, 2013

Red Crown
Oct 20, 2008

Pretend my finger's a knife.
I'm really disappointed in the Basic gear offerings. Elite looks good, but Basic has all the wrong stats for tanks. Instead of Shield/Absorb, most of it is...Defense/Alarcity. Defense isn't entirely useless, but Alarcity is. I feel pretty well caught in the middle, my gear is just barely good enough for 55 HM Flashpoints, some trash pulls still melt me.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Red Crown posted:

I'm really disappointed in the Basic gear offerings. Elite looks good, but Basic has all the wrong stats for tanks. Instead of Shield/Absorb, most of it is...Defense/Alarcity. Defense isn't entirely useless, but Alarcity is. I feel pretty well caught in the middle, my gear is just barely good enough for 55 HM Flashpoints, some trash pulls still melt me.

Elite is just as bad. I save my comms with my healer merc to repeatedly buy new pants, since it's the only ones with +power mods/enhancements instead of Crit/Surge. I'm still holding onto my Campaign armorings for set bonuses.

Stan S. Stanman
Nov 18, 2009

Red Crown posted:

Are you a shadow/assassin? My understanding of the tank stats for the other 2 tanks was that defense was way more important than absorb. I base that on some thread on the official forums where some guy has put way too much time into analyzing ideal stats for the different tanks and running all sorts of calculations. It seems to be the thread other people refer to about itemization questions.

Ive never paid much attention to the campaign gear set bonuses... i should probably go look and see what they do.

Is it hard mode ops that get you the arkanian stuff with set bonuses from the elite vendor?

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Stan S. Stanman posted:

Are you a shadow/assassin? My understanding of the tank stats for the other 2 tanks was that defense was way more important than absorb. I base that on some thread on the official forums where some guy has put way too much time into analyzing ideal stats for the different tanks and running all sorts of calculations. It seems to be the thread other people refer to about itemization questions.

Ive never paid much attention to the campaign gear set bonuses... i should probably go look and see what they do.

Is it hard mode ops that get you the arkanian stuff with set bonuses from the elite vendor?

Story mode and hard mode, I believe. Hard mode will drop 72s as well though, if I remember rightly.

Promethium
Dec 31, 2009
Dinosaur Gum

Al Baron posted:

Are the new appearance options available at character creation or are they only at the kiosk? Are they account-wide?

Once they are unlocked you can use them at creation as well. I'm not 100% sure if they are account wide but I assume they are, like the Cathar unlock.

Red Crown posted:

It is their way of manufacturing more of an endgame gear grind, a lot of purchased/non-set items are intentionally poorly itemized, alacrity is the worst offender. I really dislike this system (vs. making all stats actually useful) but I guess it does create some incentive to keep doing the same content for optimal mods.

Story mode ops = Arkanian set (69)
Hard mode ops = Underworld (72)
Nightmare = Kell Dragon (75)

Psyker
Jun 21, 2004

[Binge and] Purge the xenos!

Promethium posted:

Once they are unlocked you can use them at creation as well. I'm not 100% sure if they are account wide but I assume they are, like the Cathar unlock.

I found that the eye color for humans is available at creation but hair color/styles were not. Chiss is 100% available, as are Mirialan.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Red Crown posted:

Trash in 55 HMs can always melt you no matter your gear if you're careless.

Mind you with mostly 72s its only a couple of spawns that are dangerous and are all a joke if you have a good healer but you still actually need to pay some attention. This is unlike 50HMs were a complete joke with level 61/63 gear.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Could anyone please invite me (Baresh - 20 PT) to TNG on JC? Just transferred over.

Red Crown
Oct 20, 2008

Pretend my finger's a knife.

Promethium posted:

It is their way of manufacturing more of an endgame gear grind, a lot of purchased/non-set items are intentionally poorly itemized, alacrity is the worst offender. I really dislike this system (vs. making all stats actually useful) but I guess it does create some incentive to keep doing the same content for optimal mods.

Story mode ops = Arkanian set (69)
Hard mode ops = Underworld (72)
Nightmare = Kell Dragon (75)

That's really lovely. Okay, so, can I buy an item that has useful stats and rip the mods out of it? I know that there are some items I've tried that with that have said that parts of it were bound to a certain item.

Team THEOLOGY
Nov 27, 2008

Red Crown posted:

That's really lovely. Okay, so, can I buy an item that has useful stats and rip the mods out of it? I know that there are some items I've tried that with that have said that parts of it were bound to a certain item.

If I remember correctly it needs to go in an adaptive of the same type (chest to chest, for example) if its a special armour piece. Also 69's are so easily bought/crafted now its total jokes.

Stan S. Stanman
Nov 18, 2009
It seems like the armoring is bound to a slot once its in an item. That seems to be the case even with non-comm items. I've tried to move armors from items because I wanted to change to a different look and I think the armors were bound to the slot then as well.

Stan S. Stanman
Nov 18, 2009

FireWhizzle posted:

If you want a decent 10%/10% guild on Pot5:

I joined this guild Full Metal Jawa back when I was leveling, stayed in it because they were suprisingly not-typical-pubbies. Last week they made me King of the Pubbies (tm) in the guild and I can invite and all. Turns out many of them are the kind of market overlords you find in Theta Squad (best squad) from EVE-o. As I stated in my post earlier I have a decent group of friends with me that wont sperg out etc etc. So if you just need that 10% exp/10% rep or want to run some HMs hit me up and I can get you an invite. The main rule in the guild, actively enforced is: Spergout = insta kick. Whisper Dodgin/Nalargon/Skillperative in game.

I just noticed you edited this. I was trying to find a guild over the weekend with the xp boost on imp side and didn't have much luck finding people that didn't appear to be raging idiots. I don't have tons of time to play right now, but i may try to log on to get added. My BH is 54, and I have a level 17 sniper I want to get leveled during a double xp weekend. I'd love to take advantage of the xp boost and possibly some hard modes/ops in the future. I'll try to message you if I see you on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

So, I hit 55 on my sniper, and all I want to do now is restart as a Smuggler. Oh well.

• Locked thread