Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

14 INCH DETECTIVE posted:

That poo poo's best when served warm and flat a day after opening.

Best to get it before someone flushes the toilet however.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
Oh, Virginia... Taken in a state office parking lot

Twenty Drunk Apes
Jun 17, 2012

The mane you say? Please note that this is a pity avatar because even bronies feel sorry for this poster so :effort:.

Diver Dick posted:

Oh, Virginia... Taken in a state office parking lot

I never see poo poo like that anywhere where I live (Hampton Roads), where does all this stuff come from? Upstate? :psyduck:

nitebum
Aug 9, 2005

crazy beard for the win
Well, (and don't think I'm trying to make excuses here...) he/she could be a fan of his General-ly strategies and such. But yeah, they're probably a racist too.

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

14 INCH DETECTIVE posted:

That poo poo's best when served warm and flat a day after opening.

Drink it with some lukewarm pork.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

nitebum posted:

Well, (and don't think I'm trying to make excuses here...) he/she could be a fan of his General-ly strategies and such. But yeah, they're probably a racist too.

Maybe they just wanted a General Lee license plate because it's their favorite car, but they only had them for the human one?

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about
Ugh, Clamato. More proof (as if you needed any) that tomato juice in all forms is loving terrible.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Augh clam juice. Who would do such a thing?!

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

SynthOrange posted:

Augh clam juice. Who would do such a thing?!

Clams, for one.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

PainterofCrap posted:

I see this and raise you...

Well la di dah. Looks like somebody's too good for fish paste and everclear.

RentCavalier
Jul 10, 2008

by T. Finninho

Sagebrush posted:

(He snaps a lot of necks and breaks a lot of bones in his movies for a Buddhist, too)

The Middle Way often goes right through the sternum and most of the limbs.

Alternatively: he's teaching them to clap with one hand (by breaking the other).

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
Someone actually gave me one of those clamato beer things before when I was desperate to get a buzz. It was super nasty. You'd think it might just taste like V8 and alcohol, which would taste pretty lovely, but take my word for it, this goes way beyond that. 4 loko is better.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

PainterofCrap posted:

Ok so there are some other goons in this thread claiming that clamato is an actual thing consisting of tomato juice mixed with something called "clam juice". I'm going to assume this is something America made up to scare people the way we made up things like Drop Bears and Paul Hogan, and I have no interest in being corrected.

Fizbin
Nov 1, 2004
Zoom!

Memento1979 posted:

Ok so there are some other goons in this thread claiming that clamato is an actual thing consisting of tomato juice mixed with something called "clam juice". I'm going to assume this is something America made up to scare people the way we made up things like Drop Bears and Paul Hogan, and I have no interest in being corrected.

It's the main ingredient in Canada's most popular mixed drink! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caesar_(cocktail)

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Fizbin posted:

It's the main ingredient in Canada's most popular mixed drink! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caesar_(cocktail)

My country is pretty hosed up tbqh

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

my husband and I sometimes mix Clamato, cheap beer, and Tabasco on our movie and pizza nights. I really like it :smith:

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler

PainterofCrap posted:

They sell this at the Mexican grocery store by my house. It's actually pretty good. I'm a nerd and have started calling it a Buddy Mary.

:smith:

Edit: I thought Clamato was just spicy tomato juice. At least that's what it tastes like. I've never read the ingredients.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
Cheladas are pretty tasty when done with regular old tomato juice, but I loving draw the line at clam broth.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

stubblyhead posted:

Cheladas are pretty tasty when done with regular old tomato juice, but I loving draw the line at clam broth.

Yes. Guatemalan style micheladas are fantastic with lager, tomato juice, lime, worcestershire, and black pepper. I had one of those Budweisers with the clam juice, and it was gross. But I'll eat clams all day otherwise.

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp

Twenty Drunk Apes posted:

I never see poo poo like that anywhere where I live (Hampton Roads), where does all this stuff come from? Upstate? :psyduck:

This was in Chester, just outside Richmond

E:

egyptian rat race has a new favorite as of 13:04 on Jun 26, 2013

Wax Dynasty
Jan 1, 2013

This postseason, I've really enjoyed bringing back the three-inning save.

Hell Gem

I lived in the Shenandoah Valley for a year and saw confederate flags everywhere. Do you never leave city limits? Anyway, I saw this bumpersticker more than once:

Kitten Head Ridge
Apr 3, 2009

It is surprising how much space is needed to 'swing a cat'!

Wax Dynasty posted:

I lived in the Shenandoah Valley for a year and saw confederate flags everywhere.
Yeah, I worked at Shenandoah National Park for five months or so, and I can confirm this.

theSpokeyDokey
Jul 19, 2005

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Daedra posted:

It's a hell of an improvement from his younger days.

Anyone else see Scut Farkas all grown up?

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?

Wax Dynasty posted:

I lived in the Shenandoah Valley for a year and saw confederate flags everywhere. Do you never leave city limits? Anyway, I saw this bumpersticker more than once:

Apparently someone didn't want the ending to Gettysburg spoiled for them. They ran away.

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.

Wax Dynasty posted:

The other flag is the "don't tread on me" one.

Edit. Taken at the local wal-mart and its not the only truck in town.

Darth Freddy has a new favorite as of 15:53 on Jun 26, 2013

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
Just chiming in to defend Clamato. A little bit of Clamato in some cheap light beer is the perfect summer drink :canada: :colbert:

There's actually less than 0.01% clam broth in Clamato, so it doesn't taste clammy, fishy, or sea-foody at all. Not even a little bit. It's just sort of tangy. But if you aren't a fan of tomato juice or V8 to begin with, I can see how it would not be very appealing.

That said, I've never had any of the pre-mixed clamato + beer drinks. Have always mixed it myself.

Picnic Princess posted:

my husband and I sometimes mix Clamato, cheap beer, and Tabasco on our movie and pizza nights. I really like it :smith:

:hf:

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Caesars are the best hangover cure.

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Fried Watermelon posted:

I don't know. Greece is still suffering one to this day.

-edit-
drat it I'm dumb. Well, I guess it technically stands. I'll leave it up for people to correct me on.

Noblesse Obliged has a new favorite as of 17:16 on Jun 26, 2013

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

Brother Jonathan
Jun 23, 2008

I'm picturing them using specially-prepared learning materials from the Furry Educational Company of America LLC (FECAL) that incorporate furries into all of the math and science problems, with all of the illustrations in the geography and history books redrawn with people in regionally-appropriate fursuits.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

I somehow have an older version of this picture where the dude has a different profile picture.

It doesn't amuse me, it just depresses me. Poor kid. :cry:

Twenty Drunk Apes
Jun 17, 2012

The mane you say? Please note that this is a pity avatar because even bronies feel sorry for this poster so :effort:.

If I remember correctly, that turned out to be fake, made by a goon or something.

user on probation
Nov 1, 2012

removed

If I remember correctly, that turned out to be fake, made by a goon or something.

It's fake? Really?

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Fried Watermelon posted:

Caesar's are the best served with a pepperette, a pickle, pickled asparagus/beans/garlic, an olive nd horseradish. Frank's red hot, a good spicy rimmer and ice cold. Yum. Oh man, I might be making a Caesar when I get home.

veedubfreak posted:

Anyone else see Scut Farkas all grown up?

No, but here's the real deal

ANYWAY...

54 40 or fuck has a new favorite as of 18:12 on Jun 26, 2013

Twenty Drunk Apes
Jun 17, 2012

tehloki posted:

It's fake? Really?

Yep. At least I'm pretty sure it is, I remember that coming up in a conversation with goons and two of them mentioned that it wasn't a serious post.

Brother Jonathan posted:

I'm picturing them using specially-prepared learning materials from the Furry Educational Company of America LLC (FECAL) that incorporate furries into all of the math and science problems, with all of the illustrations in the geography and history books redrawn with people in regionally-appropriate fursuits.

Well they already use cartoon animals in almost every educational thing nowadays so that wouldn't be too far of a stretch.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about

Darth Freddy posted:

The other flag is the "don't tread on me" one.

Edit. Taken at the local wal-mart and its not the only truck in town.

I see poo poo like that in Ohio on a weekly basis.

I don't know how these hicks got it into their heads that the Mason-Dixon line crosses through Cleveland.

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

Yep. At least I'm pretty sure it is, I remember that coming up in a conversation with goons and two of them mentioned that it wasn't a serious post.

Neither was tehloki's.

Twenty Drunk Apes
Jun 17, 2012

Sir Nose posted:

Neither was tehloki's.

Well I just woke up give me a break. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Captain Trips posted:

I see poo poo like that in Ohio on a weekly basis.

I don't know how these hicks got it into their heads that the Mason-Dixon line crosses through Cleveland.

I believe I've seen a goon post that they're popular over in Sweden or something, for some inscrutable reason.

• Locked thread