Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

Fruits of the sea posted:

Actual gameplay question: I got a phone call from some guy called the Pyramidion about a quest, which I declined, is there still a way to do it? The game somehow timed the call at the exact time that I was also getting a call from the nympho fortune teller for another quest.

It should be at your faction HQ. (Sonnac's office for Templars, Geary's office for Illuminati, and a phone that somebody left under a tree for Dragon.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

midoriyourself posted:

Please do this, Zepho. Please please please. Pretty Pretty Prince Lannister needs to be a thing.

Single-wield sword with the left hand? I think so.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Pubbies say the darnest things!

[Group] [*Sizzles]: ric run
[Group] [Aureate]: Haven't played in like two months or more.
[Group] [Aureate]: I see nothing has changed. :P
[Group] [*Ricoo]: try do hf.
[Group] [Aureate]: I never exploited HF though. So if they fixed it, it didn't change anything. :)
[Group] [*Sizzles]: hf aint too bad :)
[Group] [*Ricoo]: im getting very irritated by those smiley faces.
[Group] [Aureate]: Oh? :3
[Group] [Aureate]: Sounds like you need real problems in your life!
[Group] [*Ricoo]: srsly y u think thats a friendly smile, all i see is mockings.
[Group] [*Ricoo]: well this is a game, not a real life. for all i know is that fact.

Ruby Prism fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Jun 26, 2013

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Sophism posted:

[Group] [*Ricoo]: im getting very irritated by those smiley faces.
[Group] [Aureate]: Oh? :3
[Group] [*Ricoo]: srsly y u think thats a friendly smile, all i see is mockings.
[Group] [*Ricoo]: well this is a game, not a real life. for all i know is that fact.

I don't get it, :wtc: pubbies

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice
So I'm currently running AR/Shotgun, but I'm wondering if AR/Pistol might be better. My reasoning is that I'm glyphed for Penetration, so I'll get less marginal damage increase from Breaching Shot than from Deadly Aim (since BS can't make a Pen a double pen, but DA can make it a Pen/Crit). Thoughts? Or should I suck it up and go AR/Ele, and bring Short Fuse instead?

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

UrbanLabyrinth posted:

So I'm currently running AR/Shotgun, but I'm wondering if AR/Pistol might be better. My reasoning is that I'm glyphed for Penetration, so I'll get less marginal damage increase from Breaching Shot than from Deadly Aim (since BS can't make a Pen a double pen, but DA can make it a Pen/Crit). Thoughts? Or should I suck it up and go AR/Ele, and bring Short Fuse instead?

It's a flat 40% increase to your penetration chance unless you're already at 60% or above (unlikely, unless you're QL10 and in Kingsmouth), so I wouldn't worry about wasted potential as compared to Deadly Aim. Plus, you need Crit Power to take full advantage of critical hits, so it would probably end up an overall decrease in DPS. I would spread out to AR/Ele just because it's fun, but yeah, being able to take Short Fuse when needed is nice.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Manifestations are no fun :colbert:

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Correction, Manifestations are pure GTAOE awesome. Pistol Drones are as well, but I haven't unlocked any good ones of those yet. I am trying to figure out which of AR, Blood, and Fist I want to go into in order to add healing to my Elementalist, but goddamned if I'm not having a hard time deciding on that.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
For soloing, I would go with AR as a healing choice. Doesn't need a ton of heal rating to be effective and the consumers for when you don't need healing hit pretty hard. But all three can do the job, pick the one that works for you.

You could always make a blood-rocution themed deck.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
So I figured out why I was having problems :suicide:

I just went up to every questgiver, grabbed his quests, went down the list, then moved to the next, because I didn't want to run back and forth. And I went Survivor Camp up to Morninglight down to Norma, to Church, to Witchlady, etc.

So I was doing QL 2-3 quests with the starter stuff they give you, and now, as I'm doing the Witches quests, I'm far more powerful then these Revenants, so I'm wiping the floor with them thanks to Three Round Burst. I finally got to the drat ship, and I'm having no problems at all with it.

How would AR/Ele work out? I keep getting messages from Sonnac that make me want to start a Templar after this, and I keep pulling off MAD MAGIC SPELLS in cutscenes, so I kind of want to drop Shotguns for Ele, then just make a Shotgun/Blade Templar later. From a basic glanceover, it seems I'd be doing high damage/leeching on my Illuminati, and be a tank on my Templar.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Question:

I got this last holiday sale on Steam and played it around December or January before setting it down until two weeks ago. When I played all that time ago, by the sheriff's station there were these weird aztec lookin' zombies (which I think look kind of like the cultists on the beach now that I've gotten that far) that weren't aggressive, but they were tough (for a starting character) to kill and when you did, they dropped some sort of pendant or medallion or ear or SOMETHING that gave you a quest.

Those aren't there anymore. Were those something that people had dragged all the way over there or are they just gone? I never had a chance to investigate what that quest was and now I'm curious because it's no longer there. Maybe they moved the mob closer to the university because that's where it asked you to go?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Question:

I got this last holiday sale on Steam and played it around December or January before setting it down until two weeks ago. When I played all that time ago, by the sheriff's station there were these weird aztec lookin' zombies (which I think look kind of like the cultists on the beach now that I've gotten that far) that weren't aggressive, but they were tough (for a starting character) to kill and when you did, they dropped some sort of pendant or medallion or ear or SOMETHING that gave you a quest.

Those aren't there anymore. Were those something that people had dragged all the way over there or are they just gone? I never had a chance to investigate what that quest was and now I'm curious because it's no longer there. Maybe they moved the mob closer to the university because that's where it asked you to go?

These were special mobs from the Mayan End of Days Event that was a one-time-only deal and will probably never happen again.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
:(

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
It was absolutely the worst thing ever, so don't be sad.

Commissar Kip
Nov 9, 2009

Imperial Commissariat's uplifting primer.

Shake once.
It was also highly exploitable and everyone got filthy rich in blue event-only gear and aztec loincloths.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob

Rookersh posted:

So I figured out why I was having problems :suicide:

I just went up to every questgiver, grabbed his quests, went down the list, then moved to the next, because I didn't want to run back and forth. And I went Survivor Camp up to Morninglight down to Norma, to Church, to Witchlady, etc.

So I was doing QL 2-3 quests with the starter stuff they give you, and now, as I'm doing the Witches quests, I'm far more powerful then these Revenants, so I'm wiping the floor with them thanks to Three Round Burst. I finally got to the drat ship, and I'm having no problems at all with it.

How would AR/Ele work out? I keep getting messages from Sonnac that make me want to start a Templar after this, and I keep pulling off MAD MAGIC SPELLS in cutscenes, so I kind of want to drop Shotguns for Ele, then just make a Shotgun/Blade Templar later. From a basic glanceover, it seems I'd be doing high damage/leeching on my Illuminati, and be a tank on my Templar.

AR/Ele is a viable endgame Nightmare spec and is also a good option for the NY raid because of its extreme long range. That said, there's no need to roll an alt for mechanics reasons. Your character can learn every weapon and ability in the game and do everything.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Frankenstein Dad posted:

It was absolutely the worst thing ever, so don't be sad.

Road to Xibalba was a cool loving boss fight, Frankie. :colbert:

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
Yeah, and it sure was cool doing it with four dudes who started playing the game the day before. It's like they TRIED to make an event specifically for power-leveling. :|

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

guppy posted:

AR/Ele is a viable endgame Nightmare spec and is also a good option for the NY raid because of its extreme long range. That said, there's no need to roll an alt for mechanics reasons. Your character can learn every weapon and ability in the game and do everything.

Mainly want the alt for the Templar briefings.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
Bags of Ethereal Gambit are live, so go waste your sequins on them. :toot:

What are they? For 30 sequins of Soloman Island, 20 Sequins of Egypt thing, or 10 Sequins of Transylvania you can get a little lottery bog.

Some prizes inside:
Pax
More Sequins
Green/Blue signet bags
Blue/Purple Aux weapon upgrade kits
Talisman upgrade kits (10 green to blue, 10 blue to purple)

There are gags that can come out of it as well:
a 10 second rain cloud
forced dancing
things that cause your screen to change color for a few seconds
something that puts a short duration damage over time on you
Things

Buy them everywhere the Counsel of Venice sells its wares.

E: There is also a new clothing accessory slot, made because pubbies complained about wanting blutooth head pieces. At least headbands also go there for all you horse/unicorn headed heroes.

Variable Haircut fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jun 26, 2013

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I don't know, I liked that event (and I may or may not have gotten my first alt some reasonable XP and loot by pulling poo poo through the Scientology camp's wards :woop: ), although not technically due to the spawning zombies I kept aggroing with the elemental damage skill (randomly do some AE damage). I also just barely got to QL10 during the last days of the event so I missed a bunch of achievements and rewards as I only managed to finish the dungeon once (in its harder variant despite of pubbies being terrible).

Also, they've said that may come back in some form. Nothing stops them from reusing the code to spawn Ak'ab on us every holiday season or something.

Edit: "Powered by Dreamworld Technology" what?

orcane fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Jun 26, 2013

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!
Dreamworld is funcom's name for their game engine.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob

orcane posted:

Also, they've said that may come back in some form. Nothing stops them from reusing the code to spawn Ak'ab on us every holiday season

Just what we need: the annoying mechanics of the event without the lore framework and cool once-in-a-lifetime plot device.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Well I'm sure they can tweak the random mob spawn annoyance next time. Unless they forget to change it and go on holidays immediately after launching the event. Again.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I spent forty Soloman Island coins on a blue assault rifle at the Vinice dealer... But I never got the gun. Did I buy a recipe or something?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I spent forty Soloman Island coins on a blue assault rifle at the Vinice dealer... But I never got the gun. Did I buy a recipe or something?

No. There are no recipes. Try logging out and back in.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Sometimes reloading the UI (ctrl-shift-F1 or /reloadui) suffices.

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Also a protip, save the tokens for the QL6 blue weapons you can buy in Blue Mountain. Takes a bit more SP but it's well worth it, you can use them until you get Ankh/later dungeon blues or QL9/10 greens.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Toshimo posted:

Road to Xibalba was a cool loving boss fight, Frankie. :colbert:

Except for the wonky hit detection that was a holdover from when the boss was Melothat it was pretty cool.

And in other news, there's an Internet Superstar at it again! Another 13 hour livestream! What's the over/under on Funcom deciding this is going to be the one year event now?

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Len posted:

And in other news, there's an Internet Superstar at it again! Another 13 hour livestream! What's the over/under on Funcom deciding this is going to be the one year event now?

You should make a stream of you doing /sleep for thirteen hours.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Toshimo posted:

No. There are no recipes. Try logging out and back in.

Yeeeeeeeeeah that was a few days ago so.... gently caress.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Yeeeeeeeeeah that was a few days ago so.... gently caress.

I've actually seen stuff flat-out disappear when doing really tricky inventory movements. For future reference, whenever that happens, whatever disappeared should pop up in the first available inventory slot within a minute or so.

Throwdown
Sep 4, 2003

Here you go, dummies.
Anyone happen to have a buddy key for this? I have been really wanting to try this since before it came out but I am not sure how well my laptop will handle it and all that jazz.

Slig
Mar 30, 2010

Throwdown posted:

Anyone happen to have a buddy key for this? I have been really wanting to try this since before it came out but I am not sure how well my laptop will handle it and all that jazz.

BL5WJTGXAHS2NMXNJEKT

Pop that into register.thesecretworld.com

Throwdown
Sep 4, 2003

Here you go, dummies.

Slig posted:

BL5WJTGXAHS2NMXNJEKT

Pop that into register.thesecretworld.com

Awesome! Thank you very much for the fast reply. Actually excited to try an MMO again.

Bloody Pancreas
Feb 21, 2008

Is it just me or does this game run rather poorly? I use a gtx460 and even on medium setting I get slowdown and overheating. For reference, I can play beautiful games like TERA on high and have no trouble.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Bloody Pancreas posted:

Is it just me or does this game run rather poorly? I use a gtx460 and even on medium setting I get slowdown and overheating. For reference, I can play beautiful games like TERA on high and have no trouble.

Have to ask, are you running in DX11? If so its very unstable and recommended to play in DX9.

Bloody Pancreas
Feb 21, 2008

HughGRect posted:

Have to ask, are you running in DX11? If so its very unstable and recommended to play in DX9.

Yeah, i read tech reviews recommending DX11 over 9 for this game. How noticeable is the difference? And is it something a better computer can handle?

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

Cheston posted:

It's a flat 40% increase to your penetration chance unless you're already at 60% or above (unlikely, unless you're QL10 and in Kingsmouth), so I wouldn't worry about wasted potential as compared to Deadly Aim.
Yeah, but you can leverage more out of keeping the percentages in balance (though exactly what balance varies) because of the multiplier effect of them than you would with a flat increase. Same idea as popping buffs at the same time, basically. I don't know if it'll really be a gain though because penetration is stupidly good, crits only do +25% damage with no crit power and about +50% if you stack a decent amount of it, penetration is usually around double damage against harder stuff.

Bloody Pancreas posted:

Yeah, i read tech reviews recommending DX11 over 9 for this game. How noticeable is the difference? And is it something a better computer can handle?
Random fights (particularly the last boss in HE) put me in single-digit framerates with DX11, so I've kept it off.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I run DX11 and get the occasional hitch when entering/leaving buildlings, but it runs great everywhere else with everything on, save for: I run with no AA because performance, and I have effects turned down the one below top. I did testing and what killed my average framerate was having it on the max. Nothing else affected it so I have everything maxed but that. This game has GREAT use of tessellation on the ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

This game has GREAT use of tessellation on the ground.
That's not tesselation, that's parallax mapping (or something similar) and you see the same thing in DX9.

The two versions aren't really very different, the only thing I've noticed that's particularly different is that it seems like DX11's skin shaders don't redden to an obnoxious extent as often.

GEMorris posted:

Dreamworld is funcom's name for bees
Fixed.

OneEightHundred fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Jun 27, 2013

• Locked thread