Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
I will probably never be able to repeat this; max damage:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xidus
Aug 7, 2000
First night playing the new dlc and I already found a OP glitch. Somehow I made myself nigh invincible, my shields and hp regened fully in less than 1s the instant I get hit. It persisted between zones. It only ended when I went down, and I only went down thanks to Redeem the Soul when trying to revive a teamate.

I'll have to try and reproduce this later, but I think it had something to do with the fairy I caught. Maybe it interacted with Krieg's skills wrongly (mania/hellborn), or glitched out somehow else. I was using the little evie glitch at the time so it's possible that had something to do with it.

What's the fairy's normal behavior? Is it supposed to persist the entire zone or something? Mine didn't, after awhile it switched to teamate then next thing I know it was gone and I was insta healing. This was on PS3.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
gently caress Wizards. and gently caress those Orc dudes that level up as you wear then down.

Otherwise, that's some fantastic loving DLC right there.

Q-sixtysix
Jun 4, 2005

Played the DLC for several hours last night and it is INSANELY good. By far the best Borderlands content, ever.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
I strongly agree. There was a moment in town when I just stopped and looked at the tower in the distance and said, "Jesus, this is a goddamn beautiful DLC." It's often visually stunning, packed with new content, funny as hell, and just extremely impressive all around. They really pulled out all the stops.

Xidus posted:

What's the fairy's normal behavior? Is it supposed to persist the entire zone or something? Mine didn't, after awhile it switched to teamate then next thing I know it was gone and I was insta healing. This was on PS3.

Wait you can interact with the fairies? I've just been murdering them so they fart quality loot everywhere.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Angry Diplomat posted:

Wait you can interact with the fairies? I've just been murdering them so they fart quality loot everywhere.

If you don't shoot them, you can "catch" them when they dart close enough with the reload button. They'll then follow you for a while casting beneficial effects on you like speed buffs and healing.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Have any of you ever played the Playstation game Medieval? That's what this DLC reminds me of. I loved that game. I'm having fun, but I've already gone through $12m in respawn fees because melee characters are horribly equipped for half the enemies, and Krieg's Hellborn tree is poo poo. Otherwise, I'm digging it a lot!

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!
the dlc is nice and all, but I distinctly remember being promised general knoxx quality releases.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

delpheye posted:

the dlc is nice and all, but I distinctly remember being promised general knoxx quality releases.

I'd argue this one is. Torgue came close too with its main downside being a very short main story.

drill press corps
Sep 28, 2007

Only my friends can call me Pigfucker.
General Knox was a fantastic DLC, but hindsight may be clouding your recollection. It was a long DLC because it used a LOT of driving, and travel was 40-50% of the time sink. The bosses were ok, and the loot fiesta at the end was mostly a wild hit because of the graphical glitch. Crawmerax was a hard fight, but simple enough with enough patience. What it DID have going for it is that it was different than most anything we'd seen up to that point. I'm finally able to download this DLC, so we'll see what we get, but I'd rate the Torgue campaign as something near the Knoxx DLC but without the loot fiesta at the end.

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

Any eu ps3 goons been able to get it? Psn is coming up with no updates (which is weird for the time of day).

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Sad lions posted:

Any eu ps3 goons been able to get it? Psn is coming up with no updates (which is weird for the time of day).

Think I remember seeing that the DLC was put up early on the PS3 because the PSN was going to be down when stuff usually went up? So you might have to wait a while.

TheGreatGildersneeze
Feb 24, 2001
My passive aggressive shilling for Microsoft has gone beyond weird obsession levels. I have no attachment to reality outside of my feelings for a plastic box. I should shut my fat fucking mouth and stop trying to do PR for a billion dollar corp

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

If Xbone creates a voice filter that instantly bans pre-pubescent voices playing M-rated games, I'll buy it on day one.

Okay, not really, but Jesus Christ the last three games I've joined have been 10 year old boys screaming racial slurs.
Supposedly the new reputation system in the Xbone version of XBL will actually start matching people in games based on their reputation as well as skill, so if they're loud-assed, singing-on-the-mic-when-they're-not-blaming-everyone-else-for-losing, generally rude folks, they'll supposedly get matched with others who act the same. If it works as advertised, it'd be a pretty big consideration factor for me eventually getting an Xbone.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

TheGreatGildersneeze posted:

Supposedly the new reputation system in the Xbone version of XBL will actually start matching people in games based on their reputation as well as skill, so if they're loud-assed, singing-on-the-mic-when-they're-not-blaming-everyone-else-for-losing, generally rude folks, they'll supposedly get matched with others who act the same. If it works as advertised, it'd be a pretty big consideration factor for me eventually getting an Xbone.
But that means it's up to other players to all be evaluating each other's behavior, right?

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

New DLC is a ton of fun. I currently have a fractured rib IRL and I want to die from all the laughing I'm doing.

:torgue:
Mister Torgue............... FLEXINGTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:torgue:

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

I completely lost it at Torgue's reaction to the blimp getting burned down. He's so extravagantly pleased that you can't help but be pumped, despite how unbelievably stupid and counterproductive the quest is. Also, "find less atrociously sexist armour" had me in loving stitches.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

brickswereshat posted:

General Knox was a fantastic DLC, but hindsight may be clouding your recollection. It was a long DLC because it used a LOT of driving, and travel was 40-50% of the time sink. The bosses were ok, and the loot fiesta at the end was mostly a wild hit because of the graphical glitch. Crawmerax was a hard fight, but simple enough with enough patience. What it DID have going for it is that it was different than most anything we'd seen up to that point. I'm finally able to download this DLC, so we'll see what we get, but I'd rate the Torgue campaign as something near the Knoxx DLC but without the loot fiesta at the end.

I recently played through knoxx and despite the driving, I wasn't able to complete it in an evening. tina's dlc is fun and the most interesting of all of them, but it's no knoxx in my opinion.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Angry Diplomat posted:

I completely lost it at Torgue's reaction to the blimp getting burned down. He's so extravagantly pleased that you can't help but be pumped, despite how unbelievably stupid and counterproductive the quest is. Also, "find less atrociously sexist armour" had me in loving stitches.

Because - REASONS!!!!!!!!

I don't know how far you are, so I'll put this behind spoilers. I'm about 2 hours into the DLC and the best area so far is the one named That One Blimp You Destroyed. Hilarious.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Sad lions posted:

I just saw it appear on the Latest content section, its not yet available to download at the moment of writing but it should be up very soon.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Loving the gently caress out of Tina's DLC. I absolutely LOVE what they did with the slot machines! :neckbeard:
The opening transition from the boat docking to the forest changing names mid-travel and the narration dictating twists in the story is absolutely marvelous. I believe that all expectations have been met so far and I could not be more pleased.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

the abundance of eridum is very nice, as well as the new ways to spend it. there's a lot that's very good about this dlc, I just wish it'd taken me longer to get through it.

kim jong-illin
May 2, 2011

Judge Tesla posted:

I just saw it appear on the Latest content section, its not yet available to download at the moment of writing but it should be up very soon.

It's in the 'latest content' section on the UK store but clicking on it takes you to the page with all the BL2 DLC where there's no download option for Tiny Tina.

Come on, Sony, give us the drat DLC!

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

kim jong-illin posted:

It's in the 'latest content' section on the UK store but clicking on it takes you to the page with all the BL2 DLC where there's no download option for Tiny Tina.

Come on, Sony, give us the drat DLC!

It's killing me! This blooooooooooooowwwws.

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
So, does this dlc not have a head/skin as a quest reward? I was looking forward to putting on my wizard hat. :(

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

burntpork posted:

So, does this dlc not have a head/skin as a quest reward? I was looking forward to putting on my wizard hat. :(

I've seen a bunch of leaked images somewhere. Maybe they're drops or vended?

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

I don't know how far you are, so I'll put this behind spoilers. I'm about 2 hours into the DLC and the best area so far is the one named That One Blimp You Destroyed. Hilarious.

I laughed pretty hard at that, but not as hard as I laughed when the area name Forest Of Getting Eaten Alive By Trees flashed onto the screen.

Apr 4, 2004

by T. Finninho
What size is the download for the dlc?

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

400-some MB for the compatibility pack then 1.77GB for the DLC (xbox).

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
So I've got a fun glitch after I got the compatibility pack, I can't look at my guns in my inventory the regular way anymore, my inventory starts with relics. I have to press a on one of my gun slots and that lets me see my guns. Not a massive hassle but still a bit annoying.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Mah buds and I were playing the latest DLC last night (PC) and we ran into a weird bug.

At some point (we have no idea when), our Siren became immune to damage. Like, her health bar would show damage but it would instantly regenerate, and refuse to drop below 1. We thought maybe it was an equipment interaction but nope, even with the equipment stripped out she was invulnerable.

Relogging seemed to fix the problem.

Anyone else get this?

Xidus
Aug 7, 2000
Yes I did (see my post above) with Krieg. Going into LtF(FFYL) fixed it for me, but I only got into LtF because of Redeem the Soul.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Okay, is melee Krieg just not supposed to be a viable build above 40, or at least for this DLC? I've seriously burned through $13m because there's just too many enemies and it takes 4 or 5 hits to kill them each.

Sad lions
Sep 3, 2008

10 Beers posted:

Okay, is melee Krieg just not supposed to be a viable build above 40, or at least for this DLC? I've seriously burned through $13m because there's just too many enemies and it takes 4 or 5 hits to kill them each.

UK Goons unite! Tina has landed!

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

10 Beers posted:

melee krieg is pretty viable in this. lots of fire resists but if you're using a firehawk shield, it's still pretty straight forward.

not to say that I didn't die a lot anyway but there isn't any reason it's not doable. gently caress dragons tho.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I feel like this DLC heavily favors explosive based builds. Bloodsplosion with release the beast and a bunch of Torgue weapons is pretty drat good since even fleshy enemies resist fire. I'm never turning in that Grog nozzle quest because I have found the joy of shooting eight exploding swords instead of three.

DecentHairJelly
Jul 24, 2007

I don't want Fop goddamnit

Marogareh posted:

I feel like this DLC heavily favors explosive based builds. Bloodsplosion with release the beast and a bunch of Torgue weapons is pretty drat good since even fleshy enemies resist fire. I'm never turning in that Grog nozzle quest because I have found the joy of shooting eight exploding swords instead of three.

Yeah, after trying out several characters I had the most fun with my :torgue:TORGUE-ZERKER:torgue:. The only downside is that hitting airborne dragons is kinda tricky.

Also, the game of thrones references were hilarious. Punching "prince jeffrey" in the face repeatedly was extrememly satisfying. And the shoutout to Downton Abbey when you turn the quest in was fantastic.

And the best use of eridium has to be feeding it to buttstallion and having her literally poo poo out new gear.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
There's definitely a ton of explosives love. My commando is destroying tons of crap with ravager shotguns, the cobra, and the harold.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

:torgue: OOOHHHHH SHIIIIIT!!! :torgue:

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!
Is there any particular place that can be farmed for the new class mods? I found a badass Gunzerker mod with +6 Money Shot, +5 Sexual Tyrannosaurus and bonus crit damage in some chest, but that's the only one I've come across so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 4, 2004

by T. Finninho
So If u have beaten the game. Became lvl 50. Have no intentions of getting any DLC. Is there any replay value? Besides friends and parties and restarting characters.

• Locked thread