Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
Dude has already erased it, but a guy on my Facebook posted "I don't know why all women are only attracted to financial success."

The first reply was from a woman saying basically "They aren't?" to which he replied "well, every woman on the internet is." :psyduck:

I don't know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taaaaaaarb!
Nov 17, 2008

Electric Space Famicon

Goosed it. posted:

I agree that the idea that undergrads are being trained as Marxist terrorists is crazy, but there is a bit if truth to this one in that a lot if people don't really know how awful Stalin or Mao were.

Also, here's the standard "those immigrants are taking our government subsidies" but Canadian:

This is especially stupid as the benefits they are taking about are on top of the Canadian pension plan, which is the plan you pay direct into with your taxes.

http://ccrweb.ca/refassistrebut.html

BOOM! That was easy.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

Idiot Kicker posted:

A relative of mine posted an image from "Uncle Sam's Misguided Children" that advocated killing Muslims. I had never heard of this page so I scrolled through it and oh my God...
There's a picture of a guy, who is black, who was caught on camera robbing and assaulting a woman in her home. One commenter suggests "a good ole fashioned lynching" and has 98 likes in 2 hours. Look, I don't condone violence and robbery, but holy poo poo really? And down the page there is a link to the video. A guy suggests shooting him because he is beyond rehabilitation. 7,193 likes in 8 hours.
For people who love the Constitution, they sure love throwing some of the amendments out. I feel really lovely about my family now too. Thanks Facebook.

That page has been discussed many times but every time it comes up the consensus is gently caress them hard.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
DOMA and Prop 8 decisions came down - can't wait to see what pops up!

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Toad on a Hat posted:

DOMA and Prop 8 decisions came down - can't wait to see what pops up!

This is going to be amazing :allears:

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

I got a boost in the amount of pro-life poo poo showing up on my feed, probably because of SB5.

Yeah Enda, you can't ignore super-white-Jesus, can you?

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Someone on one of my friend's Facebook statuses blames the Democrats for forcing the GOP to break the rules of the Texas state senate to try to illegally pass a bill.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

The guy on the bottom's making fun of the OP, right?

Right???

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

vaguely posted:

Right???

Looks like it to me, and I'm going to keep on believing that he is because holy poo poo.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer

vaguely posted:

Right???

Probably not. The area I live in that is the majority without any irony.

shortprsn
Apr 21, 2008
From Uncle Sam's Misguided Children:

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.

shortprsn posted:

From Uncle Sam's Misguided Children:

:durr:

Whilst the first guy nearly got it right (except for the whole "OBUMMER, AMIRIGHT" poo poo), I just love how the second guy fell down the "you support gay marriage so why not polygamy/inter-species/paedophilia/etc. marriage" hole! Truely USMC is a gift of poo poo that gives on giving! :allears:

Also, I've been to weddings that have taken place in registrar offices and stately homes so his final point is invalid!

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer

MyFaceBeHi posted:

Whilst the first guy nearly got it right (except for the whole "OBUMMER, AMIRIGHT" poo poo), I just love how the second guy fell down the "you support gay marriage so why not polygamy/inter-species/paedophilia/etc. marriage" hole! Truely USMC is a gift of poo poo that gives on giving! :allears:

This is the only argument I have been hearing all day, why is it people on the right bring up bestiality as the first example? Is there some sort of deep seeded desires here I am not seeing?

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Flaggy posted:

This is the only argument I have been hearing all day, why is it people on the right bring up bestiality as the first example? Is there some sort of deep seeded desires here I am not seeing?

Farms are lonely.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
To be fair, polygamy should be legal, so long as it's between consenting adults, and not forced marriages/incest.

The others though aren't with consenting adults in their right mind, so those won't happen.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Flaggy posted:

The Germans have shown us a shockingly large amount of farmers are animal fuckers.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

ratbert90 posted:

To be fair, polygamy should be legal, so long as it's between consenting adults, and not forced marriages/incest.

I can kind of see that, but the hang-up for me is about 2 vs. 1 situations. Like one person could end up without an equal say in their own relationship. 50/50 seems a lot more fair than 67/33. Am I in need of a reality check?

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
The bestiality/pedophilia comparisons are meaningless, as children/animals can't consent to a marriage. Polygamy doesn't work in a marriage as the rights and responsibilities of marriage (like inheritance, medical proxy decisions, etc) don't work when more then one person can make the decisions. It's like giving a 2 different chains exclusive rights to sell your product.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

ratbert90 posted:

The others though aren't with consenting adults in their right mind, so those won't happen.

Yea but the kind of people who call for polygamy to be legal are the exact reason it's not legal most of the time.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Well, this should be interesting.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it! :downsgun:

Sagebrush posted:

Dude has already erased it, but a guy on my Facebook posted "I don't know why all women are only attracted to financial success."

The first reply was from a woman saying basically "They aren't?" to which he replied "well, every woman on the internet is." :psyduck:

I don't know.

So you're Facbeook friends with Permabanned? I'm so sorry.

Shannonmcn posted:

I got a boost in the amount of pro-life poo poo showing up on my feed, probably because of SB5.

Yeah Enda, you can't ignore super-white-Jesus, can you?

The only thing that's unfathomable is why someone would put those words together in that order on that image.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Rollersnake posted:

That's adorable. But of course there will be heaps of bigots rambling about how they are going to boycott the company now.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

kannonfodder posted:

That's adorable. But of course there will be heaps of bigots rambling about how they are going to boycott the company now.

Most of whom probably don't even live near the place anyway!

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

I should remove him.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grimey Drawer

mentholmoose posted:

I should remove him.

Or see how deep the rabbit hole goes. Also the hypocrisy thing is amazing, so quick to jump on that fun little bandwagon.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

kannonfodder posted:

The response to this seems to have been overwhelmingly positive so far—though there are some people arguing with deleted posts. It's a college town, but it's still central Missouri, so I'm pleasantly surprised I have so few comments to post here. And some of these are just petty or confusing rather than hateful.

I'm not bothering to censor names here as it's a public page:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

My friend who goes to college at Brigham Young says he's seeing his conservative friends on Facebook change their pictures to this.

I'd rather have people changing their pictures to "Straight pride" than this, honestly.

For lighter fare, have a funny one of my friend's picture with the recently arrested Aaron Hernandez, and me not knowing who he is until today.

utada
Jun 6, 2006

I had the craziest dream last night. I was dancing the White Swan.

Rollersnake posted:

Since it says "married couples" and Missouri doesn't recognize same-sex marriages, aren't they just basically sending a big gently caress you to same-sex couples in Missouri? I'm assuming this is Columbia, Missouri?

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Unlockable Ben
They're giving freebies to same-sex couples until their marriage is recognized by Missouri, as a gesture of support.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Idiot Kicker posted:

I can kind of see that, but the hang-up for me is about 2 vs. 1 situations. Like one person could end up without an equal say in their own relationship. 50/50 seems a lot more fair than 67/33. Am I in need of a reality check?

Assuming that issues within the relationship would be resolved by vote and two of the people involved consistently ganged up on the third, I guess that might be an issue. But in the real world that's not likely.

Spalec posted:

Polygamy doesn't work in a marriage as the rights and responsibilities of marriage (like inheritance, medical proxy decisions, etc) don't work when more then one person can make the decisions. It's like giving a 2 different chains exclusive rights to sell your product.

Not really. The law already handles situations where more than one person has a legitimate right of inheritance or medical proxy. For example, a person who dies with no spouse, no will and two children, or a child with two parents who disagree about medical treatments.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

mentholmoose posted:

I should remove him.

I just realized there's two people with the straight pride logo in that picture, I thought it was one guy getting insanely incoherent as well as bigoted.

Christopher Robin
Apr 28, 2013

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I just realized there's two people with the straight pride logo in that picture, I thought it was one guy getting insanely incoherent as well as bigoted.

Yeah, for a moment or two I thought it was one guy that was referring to America as "he"

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Rollersnake posted:

Did they gently caress up with the words? Like another poster said it sounds like they are taunting same-sex couples inability to get married.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Two men with the straight pride logo, covering each others backs. Can't get any hotter than this.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

Rollersnake posted:

The response to this seems to have been overwhelmingly positive so far—though there are some people arguing with deleted posts. It's a college town, but it's still central Missouri, so I'm pleasantly surprised I have so few comments to post here. And some of these are just petty or confusing rather than hateful.

I would be shocked if Missouri law said anything about discrimination based on sexual orientation, so I really doubt they could get in trouble for that.

I'm shocked I haven't had any DOMA fallout on my Facebook from my lovely old Army buddies but here's a guy whining about poor Paula Dean being persecuted. The only guy I know in this thread is the OP.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
I was just gonna link the pic, but then I thought "You know, I'm sure I can find a string of comments to make it 'better...'"

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Tiggum posted:

Assuming that issues within the relationship would be resolved by vote and two of the people involved consistently ganged up on the third, I guess that might be an issue. But in the real world that's not likely.

Not really. The law already handles situations where more than one person has a legitimate right of inheritance or medical proxy. For example, a person who dies with no spouse, no will and two children, or a child with two parents who disagree about medical treatments.

Poly relationships and living arrangements already exist; this Guardian story actually does go into the whole "tie-breaking vote" thing.

Blind Pineapple posted:

I was just gonna link the pic, but then I thought "You know, I'm sure I can find a string of comments to make it 'better...'"

Isn't it an urban legend that for every n-word Tarantino puts in a script, Samuel L Jackson ad-libs three?

York_M_Chan
Sep 11, 2003

Blind Pineapple posted:

Egghead is a derogatory term for whites?

Also, I am just not sure what the point of this picture is? Tarantino gets called out all the time by the black community for using that word.

booshi
Aug 14, 2004

:tastykake:||||||||||:tastykake:

Another person unfollowed. I almost engaged in this one too. I have no idea why he addresses his concerns about drug testing to Obama (he doesn't work for the government, he's studying to be an auto mechanic), or at all considering how much weed he smokes. He turned 18 in the past year and is now paying taxes so now every tax expense is terrible according to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Hippie
Sep 18, 2007

Rollersnake posted:

They should make a special flavor for the people complaining. "Sour grapes".

• Locked thread