Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Manifest posted:

If anyone wants to dump their clear minis hit me up, they're the only ones I was interested in.

probably me when they arrive. Is this going to be the trading thread too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"

Doomsayer posted:

In case anyone's still curious about Kaladrax's size:

It's, uh... it's pretty big.

That looks great.
I probably have to shorten that tail, to use it as CSM Dragon-flyer thing. Is that easily convertable material,
or is it more like D&D miniatures, that are pain to cut straight.

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

I have no idea what I'm doing, but that's never been a problem before.

jammu posted:

That looks great.
I probably have to shorten that tail, to use it as CSM Dragon-flyer thing. Is that easily convertable material,
or is it more like D&D miniatures, that are pain to cut straight.

Tbh I know very little about minis (not even going to paint these :() but yeah they feel almost exactly the same as the D&D minis. Maybe a touch softer?

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Doomsayer posted:

Tbh I know very little about minis (not even going to paint these :() but yeah they feel almost exactly the same as the D&D minis. Maybe a touch softer?

This might not be the thread for it but: dude, try painting them. At least some simple ones like zombies or skeletons. I don't know if you've tried mini painting at all before, but you can get surprisingly good-looking results from applying a few simple areas of color and then hitting them with a wash, if nothing else. There are plenty of people here who can help you.

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

Yeah I played warhammer for about 3 years, still can't paint worth a drat. It's alright though, I have no problem with grey dudes.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
All right, then! :) "I know very little about minis" sort of suggested to me that you might not have ever tried it, that's all.

Doomsayer
Sep 2, 2008

JerryLee posted:

All right, then! :) "I know very little about minis" sort of suggested to me that you might not have ever tried it, that's all.

Oh, yeah, that should've read "Despite my best efforts, I know very little about minis :v:" I own an embarrassing amount of D&D minis and now these (Gave away my WH40k stuff in college), but I am utterly useless at painting/sculpting/etc., I dunno what it is. Besides, I shouldn't have even spent the $100 on minis I'm never going to use, I definitely shouldn't be spending $50 on paint I'm never going to use/gently caress up :allears:

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

InternetJunky posted:

I have 16 line items and no notice of shipping yet. :(

Reaper Brian posted:

Also, orders escalate quickly from here. Before 5 lines or 6 lines took over a day. The next US book of 1500 orders starts partway through 8 items, and closes out 9 and 10, and begins 11!
Rest Of World Book currently scheduled for Thursday if nothing else goes kablooie.

Based on what's been said in the kickstarter thread, and with them taking the weekend to do the big 40+ line item orders, I'd guess yours is going to go out mid to late next week. Depending on their Canadian shipping problem, whether something similar happens with doing rest of the world on thursday/friday.

Edit: Forgot July 4th, so might slip into the week after.

PST fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Jun 26, 2013

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I bet there's gonna be the most awesome company picnic after that last order goes out.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib

JoshTheStampede posted:

What do you mean by each unit? That line by line is how my order has been recorded every time they checked it in the pledge manager or wherever.

Each individual vampire box, Kaladrax, etc. The tracker shows 154179 line items for 9626 orders. That works out to slightly greater than 16. Given we're still in single digits, I tend to think we're going to see them get into the thirties or forties by the end (on the assumption that lower numbers account for more orders than higher numbers). This also includes the assumption that most people had ten or fewer extra sets (that is, extras from the Vampire set; since once you got to a certain point, it was cheaper to just get another Vampire box and trade in Sophie).

I'm making some assumptions here, of course. We'll see as we get further along.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I bet I'm last! :v:

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Rest of the World going out tomorrow :d:D:D

I think I have 11 line items, so whothefucknows when mine ships. I await eagerly.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
Has anyone in Canada started receiving things yet or is that situation still hosed up?

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

bearbating is now adorable
I only have 6 items on my order, but I haven't recieved a shipping notification. Got a "we left a parcel with your neighbour" card today, but that neighbour said they haven't recieved anything! It's entirely possible the guy delivering just hosed up which door to put a card in but now I'm so paranoid I'll never get my Bones... :ohdear:

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Baby Sathanas posted:

I only have 6 items on my order, but I haven't recieved a shipping notification. Got a "we left a parcel with your neighbour" card today, but that neighbour said they haven't recieved anything! It's entirely possible the guy delivering just hosed up which door to put a card in but now I'm so paranoid I'll never get my Bones... :ohdear:

No need to worry, they're definitely sending me your bones. Thanks!

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Captain Invictus posted:

I bet I'm last! :v:

Oh hush, you line jumper; you already got yours and then sold them. :downsowned:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I'm joking. I literally told them it was okay for them to ship my order last.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They must be shipping out Nethyrmauls because I just got tracking!

Syntaxed
Feb 20, 2004
So after a year of waiting and then tracking my package UPS decides to say they "Delivered it to my front door" yet nothing is loving here.

Of course they probably delivered it to the wrong address. Now they tell me I have to contact Reaper to put a track on the package. Lame.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
So I guess I was drunk when I ordered or something because one of these entries is in a slightly more than I thought I ordered quantity:

Fire Giant Warriors x1
Kaladrax Reborn x1
NOVA x6
vampire x1

Were the extra NOVA squads really cheap or something? I guess I have the basis for a cool new IG army!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

El Estrago Bonito posted:

So I guess I was drunk when I ordered or something because one of these entries is in a slightly more than I thought I ordered quantity:

Fire Giant Warriors x1
Kaladrax Reborn x1
NOVA x6
vampire x1

Were the extra NOVA squads really cheap or something? I guess I have the basis for a cool new IG army!

Each NOVA squad is five guys and you could add them for $5 each. So at $1 per, that's a pretty good deal for your new imperial guard army. Note that you also get a squad with your Vampire level (assuming you went in for vampire), so that's a total of 35 NOVA dudes.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

JoshTheStampede posted:

What do you mean by each unit? That line by line is how my order has been recorded every time they checked it in the pledge manager or wherever.

I think he means if you ordered 36 kaladraxen that'd count as 36 line items.

I've got 20 things in my order, and multiples of several, so I expect it'll be a while.

Heart Attacks
Jun 17, 2012

That's how it works for magical girls.

Syntaxed posted:

So after a year of waiting and then tracking my package UPS decides to say they "Delivered it to my front door" yet nothing is loving here.

Of course they probably delivered it to the wrong address. Now they tell me I have to contact Reaper to put a track on the package. Lame.

The last item I had delivered from UPS was marked as Delivered two days before it showed up at my house.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib

Leperflesh posted:

Each NOVA squad is five guys and you could add them for $5 each. So at $1 per, that's a pretty good deal for your new imperial guard army. Note that you also get a squad with your Vampire level (assuming you went in for vampire), so that's a total of 35 NOVA dudes.

There's also a NOVA hero in the Chronoscope stretch goal, for a total of thirty-six NOVA soldiers.

enigma105
Mar 16, 2004

His record...it's over 9-7!!!
Hurrah! Guess it wasn't just the world going out since I'm still in the US

Hi there! We're shipping out your Kickstarter stuff!

You're getting:
Fire Giant Warriors x1
Fire Giants x1
Deep Dwellers x1
Frost Wyrm x1
Forces of Nature x1
Demons x1
Mind your Manors x1
Kaladrax Reborn x1
C'thulhu x1
vampire x1

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Man, I want a tracking number so bad. :(

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Mine is supposed to be waiting at home. Boss Monster should be Friday or early next week. When it rains it pours.

cat with hands
Mar 14, 2006

When I shit I like to scream "WORSHIP THE GOD EMPEROR ON HIS GOLDEN THRONE." Mom hates it.

How are reaper models scaled compared to GW?

I was thinking of adding this to the scrying pool of a VC coven throne. Will it fit?

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

cat with hands posted:

I was thinking of adding this to the scrying pool of a VC coven throne. Will it fit?

Here it is next to a Swordmaster if it helps. It's just a hair under 7cm tall.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Leperflesh posted:

I think in retrospect I wanted to use them for corporate security guards in Shadowrun or maybe Arbites in Necromunda. It was a long time ago.

cat with hands posted:

They are close in scale, it really depends. GW has poo poo for scale when it comes to female models so those probably fall somewhere in the acceptable range. A lot of Reaper stuff is very thin compared to GW.

cat with hands
Mar 14, 2006

When I shit I like to scream "WORSHIP THE GOD EMPEROR ON HIS GOLDEN THRONE." Mom hates it.

Thanks both of you, looks like it will fit. Worst case I'll have to scratch build a new scrying pool.

Definitely waiting for the bones version, balancing 3 inches of metal on top of the throne would probably be a nightmare.

sansuki
May 17, 2003

Just got mine! Kaldrax gets his own box the size of the vampire box! Also, sitting in the back of a UPS truck in 100+ degree weather turns Bones into soft rubber.These guys will need to chill out to regain their composure

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I got a tracking number! I am much more excited about this than I should be.

Also it looks like a lot of the stuff I passed on didn't get much more expensive. But C'thulhu, Kaladrax, and Nethyrmaul all ballooned to a price I probably wouldn't get them at. (No real use for, but they'd be nice to have.) But I got them! Cheap!

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

moths posted:

C'thulhu, Kaladrax, and Nethyrmaul all ballooned to a price I probably wouldn't get them at. (No real use for, but they'd be nice to have.) But I got them! Cheap!
That's what I tell myself every time the "why do I need 2 huge-rear end undead dragons for?" issue comes up. My only Reaper regret is not getting the 4th paint set (funnily enough, the undead one) because "no, I have those colors".

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

fuckyesfuckyesfuckyesfuckyes

quote:

You're getting:
C'thulhu x1
Jabberwock x1
Forces of Nature x1
Fire Giant Warriors x1
Clockwork Dragon x1
Mythos Monsters x1
Undead Giant x1
Figure Case x1
Frost Giants x1
Fire Giants x1
vampire x1

I had a strong feeling I'd get a shipment notice today, since I had ten add-ons.

Of course, we're having a horrible heat wave and it's going to be mid-90s throughout the weekend and into next week. So my bones are going to melt into goo. :(

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
Oh yeah...

You're getting:
Mind your Manors x1
Storm Giants x1
Demons x1
Fire Giant Warriors x1
Forces of Nature x1
Kaladrax Reborn x1
Jabberwock x1
Red Dragon x1
Undead Giant x1
Orcapocalypse x1
vampire x1

Hopefully will arrive in time for the four day weekend.

sansuki
May 17, 2003

One of these is a $10 add on. The other is the base to a $10 add on.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

If that's Kaladrax's base, I'm going to have to use him as terrain.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

sansuki posted:

Just got mine! Kaldrax gets his own box the size of the vampire box! Also, sitting in the back of a UPS truck in 100+ degree weather turns Bones into soft rubber.These guys will need to chill out to regain their composure
Ugh. This was a concern of mine - I hope I don't get a plastic cube on Monday...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE
God drat I am regretting that I canceled my pledge for this. :argh:

• Locked thread