Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

My spear never misses its mark...

ladies

Changelog posted:

### v1.5.16 (6/12/2013)

- Fixed custom thread coloring not being removed when "x" is hit on thread
- Removed friendList from settings dump page
+ Added new setting "Don't convert links containing images" for "Convert links into inline images"
+ Added new setting "If image was linked, put link after image link" for "Images-to-Links"

The fourth change adds a "(Original Link)" after the image link. Useful for the something like the second test in my above post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Is there some reason SALR now keeps doing this?

The bottom preview/reply buttons are chopped off in the quick reply box. I can see them when I click the reply button for a brief second, but it looks like it quickly shifts down after that and they're hiddden.

Seems to have started within the last few weeks or so :(

Master_Odin posted:

I have not seen this happening to me. Does this happen consistently? Can you give me a dump of your options page (using tinypaste or some other site)? Do you have any other extensions that might affect the forum?

Sorry I didn't get around to it sooner, but here it is. I updated to the latest version and it still happens :(

http://tny.cz/28f71389

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Is it at all possible to put in a feature that allows me to hide select forums on the forums main page? I have no idea if that's even possible but doing so would eliminate any need for scrolling up and down the page when I want to check out certain forums and it would be handy if nothing else.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Sorry I didn't get around to it sooner, but here it is. I updated to the latest version and it still happens :(

http://tny.cz/28f71389
Made all my settings the same and tested it around. I'm really not sure as it doesn't happen to me (nor have I heard of anyone having this issue. I'll keep trying to see where the issue might be, but I'm not sure if it's perhaps interacting with some other extension you have or what. :iiam:

Stare-Out posted:

Is it at all possible to put in a feature that allows me to hide select forums on the forums main page? I have no idea if that's even possible but doing so would eliminate any need for scrolling up and down the page when I want to check out certain forums and it would be handy if nothing else.
I'll add this as an enhancement for hopefully 1.6 of the extension. I would think this is possible, but I'm not 100% as I'm still learning jQuery. Have to get the jQuery upgraded so I can fix a whole host of issues (like the imgur API).

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Master_Odin posted:

I'll add this as an enhancement for hopefully 1.6 of the extension. I would think this is possible, but I'm not 100% as I'm still learning jQuery. Have to get the jQuery upgraded so I can fix a whole host of issues (like the imgur API).
It would be really cool if it can be done. I'm sort of amazed it can be, but I don't know anything about this stuff and it's all magic to me. Thanks!

dox
Mar 4, 2006
Sorry if this has been asked before, but it's bugging me- is there a way to copy images/text (with right click) while mouse gestures are on? I'm assuming there's a key that disables the gestures, but I can't figure out.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

dox posted:

Sorry if this has been asked before, but it's bugging me- is there a way to copy images/text (with right click) while mouse gestures are on? I'm assuming there's a key that disables the gestures, but I can't figure out.
There's a setting underneath enabling Mouse Gesture:

quote:

Allow Alt key to switch between mouse gestures and context menu
Have this on, and hit the alt key. Right now, you have to do this for everytime you switch page (it doesn't remember you hitting alt), but this is changed in 2.0 which is coming "soon".

Also, people should let me know if there's anything they want changed/fixed as 2.0 is a large release where I'm doing a lot of maintenance to the code, fixing broken features (like the imgur thing!) and I dunno when the next big release will be. Current changelog for beta:

changelog posted:

* Updated jQuery to v1.10.1.
* Updated js/settings-handler.js to use .prop() instead of .attr() as appropriate
- Renamed a couple options (ex: User Avatar settings) to be clearer on their intent
- Removed "Hide top menu" setting as it didn't do anything
- Removed second "Automatically collapse long quotes" setting
* Renamed "Display quotes in boxes" to "Display quotes in simpler style"
* Renamed "Hide SALR Logo" to "Hide SALR Logo in top thread bar"
+ Added little help question mark next to settings to explain what they do or if they require some SA user option change. All help dialogs activated as mouse-over.
* Move color picker for inline youtube videos over next to the text input box
* Updated Page-Navigator selector for lastseen icon
* Reduced threshold to collapse long quote from 400 to 150. This is ~113 words words on a 1280x1024 monitor.
* Moved all settings over slightly on the options page (~10px)
* Made it so clicking on logo on settings page takes user to settings dump page (as this was default behavior at one point?)
- Removed "Adjust window position after threads load" as this is a forum option
- Removed "Fix thumbnailed images" as these got fixed on SA a while ago
* Moved "SALR Bar" up a few pixels in thread view
* Updated admin/mod stars in setting view
+ Using alt key on changing from mouse gestures to context menu holds setting between pages
* Made pageCount util.js routine a bit more robust for parts of the forum that don't always show pages (ie. Privage Messages)
+ Added ability to change between going up a forum layer or going to UCP on mouse gesture "Up" button
+ Added Accidental Quote, Not Edit warning to the Quick Relpy box enabled by the existing option at bottom of settings.html
+ Added ability to select several star colors to not open on the "Open all unread messages" option.
+ Added option to show a link to a user's SOAP underneath their post next to the button for Rap Sheet
* Fixed Omnibar icon for quick forum jumping.
+ Added ability for extension to know if SALR Redux Browser Button is installed, and disable Omnibar icon (and setting) is it is.
+ Added option to have username be highlighted regardless of case as it's currently always case-sensitive.

with these being the remaining issues that I'm aware and know about

Master_Odin fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Jun 24, 2013

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Master_Odin posted:

Have this on, and hit the alt key. Right now, you have to do this for everytime you switch page (it doesn't remember you hitting alt), but this is changed in 2.0 which is coming "soon".

Also, people should let me know if there's anything they want changed/fixed as 2.0 is a large release where I'm doing a lot of maintenance to the code, fixing broken features (like the imgur thing!) and I dunno when the next big release will be. Current changelog for beta:

with these being the remaining issues that I'm aware and know about
Could you add on the thing where it sorts all the threads with new posts to the top of the bookmark lists? Like how firefox SALR and Awful Android app do.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

Could you add on the thing where it sorts all the threads with new posts to the top of the bookmark lists? Like how firefox SALR and Awful Android app do.
:crossarms:

Right after the post highlighting options Display threads with new posts first

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
That will do it forums wide, I just want it sorting like that on the bookmarks page.

dox
Mar 4, 2006

Master_Odin posted:

Thank you for the quick response. Unforunately, I've looked high and low and don't have this setting and neither do a few people I've spoken to that use SALR with Chrome. My settings page looks like this:

I'm on the latest version of SALR (1.5.5), so I'm a bit confused!

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

That will do it forums wide, I just want it sorting like that on the bookmarks page.
Already on my list! :)

dox posted:

Thank you for the quick response. Unforunately, I've looked high and low and don't have this setting and neither do a few people I've spoken to that use SALR with Chrome. My settings page looks like this:

I'm on the latest version of SALR (1.5.5), so I'm a bit confused!
You're using the original SALR. Use the Redux version (which is the one I maintain and update) and it'll be there. Note: If you use the browser button, there's a link to an updated one as well that works with SALR Redux as the original browser button doesn't.

master_odin

Master_Odin fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jun 24, 2013

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

Fallen Rib

Master_Odin posted:

Also, people should let me know if there's anything they want changed/fixed as 2.0 is a large release where I'm doing a lot of maintenance to the code, fixing broken features (like the imgur thing!) and I dunno when the next big release will be.

Could you make username highlighting case insensitive? It's annoying when mine doesn't get highlighted because people capitalize it.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

unpronounceable posted:

Could you make username highlighting case insensitive? It's annoying when mine doesn't get highlighted because people capitalize it.

This should be good?

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

Fallen Rib

Master_Odin posted:

This should be good?

That's perfect.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

Update on this:

Not sure if there are any other options that would warrant this. (I guess the thread coloring ones? But then again, I've not heard of anyone wanting it, so I won't add it unless someone specifically requests it)

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
I recently took my netbook back from Windows 8 to 7, and now I can't get the quick reply box to work; hitting reply or quote always uses the forums' version instead of the quick reply box. I've checked and unchecked the option a few times, with no difference in behavior. I have Chrome 27.0.1453.116 m and SALR 1.5.5.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

hooah posted:

I recently took my netbook back from Windows 8 to 7, and now I can't get the quick reply box to work; hitting reply or quote always uses the forums' version instead of the quick reply box. I've checked and unchecked the option a few times, with no difference in behavior. I have Chrome 27.0.1453.116 m and SALR 1.5.5.
SALR is no longer updated as Ferg doesn't have the time to deal with it. Because it's impossible to transfer ownership of something on the web store, I've relaunched things as "SALR Redux". Use that, tell me if the issue still exists. (If you use the browser button, there's a link to an updated one in the OP)

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Master_Odin posted:

SALR is no longer updated as Ferg doesn't have the time to deal with it. Because it's impossible to transfer ownership of something on the web store, I've relaunched things as "SALR Redux". Use that, tell me if the issue still exists. (If you use the browser button, there's a link to an updated one in the OP)

That did the trick, thanks. Perhaps a new thread is in order?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
It seems like the new SALR (which can be run concurrently with the last version) doesn't include the option to make notes about users that show up underneath their names. And if you run both at once the "open all updated threads" button opens everything twice.

I like the new Quick Reply window though.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

syscall girl posted:

It seems like the new SALR (which can be run concurrently with the last version) doesn't include the option to make notes about users that show up underneath their names. And if you run both at once the "open all updated threads" button opens everything twice.

I like the new Quick Reply window though.

Added a feature to move your user notes over to Redux from the original SALR as I didn't think of this when I originally released this. I'll be pushing it out later today. It adds a button to the bottom of the settings page that ports the User Notes over, so long as both are installed. Get user notes from SALR, remove the old extension, just use Redux. Don't use both as you'll be having issues otherwise. They also have their own set of settings so you'll have to reconfigure it. It definitely has the user notes setting under Thread Options.

Changelog posted:

### v1.5.17 (6/26/2013)

+ Added ability to port over User Notes from original SALR to Redux. Both must be installed

Master_Odin fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Jun 26, 2013

ManifunkDestiny
Aug 2, 2005
THE ONLY THING BETTER THAN THE SEAHAWKS IS RUSSELL WILSON'S TAINT SWEAT

Seahawks #1 fan since 2014.
Was it this extension or another one that added the button for SA in the chrome toolbar, with drop down forums menus? It disappeared with the latest update.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

ManifunkDestiny posted:

Was it this extension or another one that added the button for SA in the chrome toolbar, with drop down forums menus? It disappeared with the latest update.
You have to install both SALR Redux and SALR Redux Button. Having the button appear in the Omnibar when you're on SA is broken till I release the 2.0 version in the coming week(s).

e: Released 1.5.18 which allows porting over thread notes as well because those exist!

changelog posted:

### v1.5.18 (6/26/2013)

+ Add Thread Notes as something to port from original SALR to Redux

Master_Odin fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jun 26, 2013

ManifunkDestiny
Aug 2, 2005
THE ONLY THING BETTER THAN THE SEAHAWKS IS RUSSELL WILSON'S TAINT SWEAT

Seahawks #1 fan since 2014.

Master_Odin posted:

You have to install both SALR Redux and SALR Redux Button. Having the button appear in the Omnibar when you're on SA is broken till I release the 2.0 version in the coming week(s).

Fantastic, thanks (for both this and the extension in general)!

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Why did SALR Redux request new permissions today to "Manage your apps, extensions, and themes"?

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

Breakfast All Day posted:

Why did SALR Redux request new permissions today to "Manage your apps, extensions, and themes"?
It uses the "management" chrome API calls. It allows me to grab info from other extensions, namely SALR ones. What this means is that I can get the status of the SALRR button (is it installed and enabled? If so, we don't use/show the Omnibar). Secondly, it allows me to pull settings from the old SALR extension after making sure it's installed (otherwise I throw port connection errors and then the extension breaks!). This allows folks to transfer over User Notes and Thread Notes. The first thing is coming in 2.0.0 and the second two are in right now.

It doesn't do anything else with it beyond that. I completely forgot that chrome alerts users on these sorts of things! My bad.

e: I will also use this to check for Fancy SA if support for that returns as I'm not 100% sure if it would just break SALRR or not if it was installed as I'm not sure why it was disabled in the first place in SALR.

Master_Odin fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Jun 26, 2013

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Is there a way to disable the single post linking button? It makes the date use an extra line.

Thanks for the work appreciate it.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

kri kri posted:

Is there a way to disable the single post linking button? It makes the date use an extra line.

Thanks for the work appreciate it.

Added setting for it in 2.0.0. Thanks for the suggestion!

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Master_Odin posted:

Added setting for it in 2.0.0. Thanks for the suggestion!

This is from way back and I think you posted about it but could we get the ability to ignore thread tags like the Firefox version of salr has?

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

kri kri posted:

This is from way back and I think you posted about it but could we get the ability to ignore thread tags like the Firefox version of salr has?
Could you better describe what you mean by this? Do you want to ignore certain threads based on their tags? Don't show the thread tag column on the forum display? I don't have the access to install Firefox on this machine atm.

e: Also, here's the option you asked for added in:

Master_Odin fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Jun 26, 2013

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Yes I mean you can control-click on the thread tags when you expand the view and it adds them to an "ignored thread tags" view. For instance in games you can ignore all threads with Wii thread tags, etc.

e: this is what I mean:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?action=showpost&postid=336063072

quote:

Advanced Thread Filtering
This feature replaces the current "Filter icons" interface built into the thread listings pages. The way it works is pretty self explanatory once you look at it. Ctrl click on an icon to ignore it, any kind of click on an ignored icon will unignore it. Enter any number of strings separated with pipe "|" characters into the "Ignored keywords" box and hit "Save" to filter out any threads with those strings in their titles. Delete everything in the box and hit "Save" to clear keyword filtering. Thread visibility is updated actively, no need to refresh. Note: the "Reset" link above the unignored icons only resets the "Show only this icon"-type filtering, not the rest of the options.

kri kri fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Jun 26, 2013

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
What's the recommended combination of settings for re-anchoring the page after load between SALR and the forums' settings? I'm often getting threads that load in a random portion of the unread posts (e.g. the funny pictures thread and this one).

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

hooah posted:

What's the recommended combination of settings for re-anchoring the page after load between SALR and the forums' settings? I'm often getting threads that load in a random portion of the unread posts (e.g. the funny pictures thread and this one).
On SA -> User Control Panel -> Edit Options -> "Adjust the page position to the top of the requested post after the page loads". Set to yes. I assume you're talking about clicking on the "go to last unread post" when opening a thread?

kri kri posted:

Yes I mean you can control-click on the thread tags when you expand the view and it adds them to an "ignored thread tags" view. For instance in games you can ignore all threads with Wii thread tags, etc.

e: this is what I mean:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?action=showpost&postid=336063072
I've added this as an enhancement I'll try to make in the future. This will not be coming in 2.0.0 as I want to get this release out the door without adding any new features as there's enough broken/changed as is I don't need another potential headache (imgur integration is already doing that!)

Master_Odin fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Jun 26, 2013

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Master_Odin posted:

On SA -> User Control Panel -> Edit Options -> "Adjust the page position to the top of the requested post after the page loads". Set to yes. I assume you're talking about clicking on the "go to last unread post" when opening a thread?

Yeah, that's what I meant. I have that and the option in SALR called "Adjust window position after threads load" set to yes, but I still occasionally see behavior that doesn't reflect those settings. Also, yes, talking about "go to last unread post", but maybe it makes a difference that I'm using the "open all unread" link?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Master_Odin posted:

Added a feature to move your user notes over to Redux from the original SALR as I didn't think of this when I originally released this. I'll be pushing it out later today. It adds a button to the bottom of the settings page that ports the User Notes over, so long as both are installed. Get user notes from SALR, remove the old extension, just use Redux. Don't use both as you'll be having issues otherwise. They also have their own set of settings so you'll have to reconfigure it. It definitely has the user notes setting under Thread Options.

Thank you kindly.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Anyone know of a way to sync user notes between computers?

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Is there any way to fix this? The quick reply box pops up in the right spot, then suddenly snaps down below the start menu & I can't click on the preview/post button. Moving the start menu does nothing, the quick reply just auto-lowers itself further. Had to disable the box to post this the old-fashioned way.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

oldskool posted:

Is there any way to fix this? The quick reply box pops up in the right spot, then suddenly snaps down below the start menu & I can't click on the preview/post button. Moving the start menu does nothing, the quick reply just auto-lowers itself further. Had to disable the box to post this the old-fashioned way.

I have the same exact problem. They said they don't know what's causing it :(

I never realized how much I loved that quick reply box until it stopped working on me :(

Shitty Treat
Feb 21, 2012

Stoopid?
I imagine this might of been brought up before but I dont have search so couldnt find an answer just flicking through the thread.
With the Convert Youtube links to inline player option selected if I start to watch 1 video in a thread and then open another video with the first still playing that one also switches to the newly opened video.
I have lovely internet so being able to watch 1 whilst another buffers was helpful and it worked fine like that in firefox with SALR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

ladies

kri kri posted:

Anyone know of a way to sync user notes between computers?
In the long-term, I'm going to be moving from HTML5 Storage for dealing with the extension settings to chrome.storage. The benefit here being I can save settings to the cloud of your google account and it should be accessible on all computers. I'm aiming for this in a 2.1 release. At the moment, you can try (and I make no guarantee of this) by copying from ./Users/<yourname>/AppData/Local/Google/Chrome/User Data/Default/Local Storage/ the file "chrome-extension_bogegdelcjhoaakaepmoglademmhiboo_0.localstorage" and "chrome-extension_bogegdelcjhoaakaepmoglademmhiboo_0.localstorage-journal" and saving them onto another computer. Haven't tried this, but I'm fairly sure that's where Google saves the settings for an extension if using HTML5 storage.

oldskool posted:

If you go to the bottom of the settings page, there's a "Dump Settings" button, hit that, and copy and paste all the stuff to somewhere like Pastebin and then post that link here. Then, can you also tell me if there are any other extensions active on SA that you know of? Finally, I guess try and check the developer console for any errors. Hit "Ctrl+Shift+I" and then go to the "Console" tab, then try opening the Quick Reply box. (note: I'm aware of the "showthread.php" error on line 1 that gets thrown and I've fixed it for the next release. I don't think it's what's causing it.) Did you change anything recently before this happened? I'm having an incredibly hard time tracking down what could be causing this as I've never personally seen it.

lovely Treat posted:

I imagine this might of been brought up before but I dont have search so couldnt find an answer just flicking through the thread.
With the Convert Youtube links to inline player option selected if I start to watch 1 video in a thread and then open another video with the first still playing that one also switches to the newly opened video.
I have lovely internet so being able to watch 1 whilst another buffers was helpful and it worked fine like that in firefox with SALR.
Added bug report for this. I'll see if I can't fix this for the 2.0 release.

Testing this!
aa LCD Soundsystem aa

Austra

Master_Odin fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jun 27, 2013

• Locked thread