Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar

HNasty posted:

Everything in this video is awesome https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6-AnsVjeNw

He said he enjoys talking to 18 year olds...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

n8r posted:

He said he enjoys talking to 18 year olds...

Nothin, wrong with that :quagmire: Seems like a pretty humble dude, might pay him a visit next time I'm in the area.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Happen to have a larger version of this?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

HNasty posted:

Confirmed: DRZ spotted

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

Pope Mobile posted:

Happen to have a larger version of this?

No, unfortunately. I stole it off Bell Powersports's Facebook feed, for what it's worth.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I'm guessing you actually mean John Player Special (black with gold piping) rather than the actual Lotus livery (which is British Racing Green with a rather lurid yellow racing stripe)? Because it looks like Jack Lilley do a Daytona Limited Edition in JPS colours which is just pure loving sex:

Nah, I meant the BRG/Yellow. That JPS Daytona is nice but I would prefer one in the Lotus race livery.

That's pretty good. Just needs the yellow stripe along the centerline. If you gave it an opaque windscreen you could curve the yellow out around the front "intake" like on the 60s Cosworth F1 cars, although with the yellow accented by green and white pinstripes like the modern livery.

I might have to buy a Daytona for my next bike now. :britain:

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Collateral Damage posted:

Nah, I meant the BRG/Yellow. That JPS Daytona is nice but I would prefer one in the Lotus race livery.

That's pretty good. Just needs the yellow stripe along the centerline. If you gave it an opaque windscreen you could curve the yellow out around the front "intake" like on the 60s Cosworth F1 cars, although with the yellow accented by green and white pinstripes like the modern livery.

The Daytona curse is a real rear end in a top hat.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Z3n posted:

The Daytona curse is a real rear end in a top hat.

This.

obso
Jul 30, 2000
OBSOLUTELY

Sorry for the extremely lovely picture but a PSA to check your poo poo out before rides. Customer (hours away from home) brought this in after feeling a wobble that he thought felt like a crack in the highway at 80mph. In case it isn't obvious, it's missing ALL 4 pinch bolts and the axle is backed out 2". I don't think he realized how close he came to meeting his maker today.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
It often kills me how poorly people keep their bikes maintained. Also, this is why reverse-threaded front axles are a good plan.

obso
Jul 30, 2000
OBSOLUTELY
This was more the fault of an incompetent dealership/service department. Kid just bought it 2 days ago and nothing was tight. Rear axle nut loose and missing a cotter pin, he also apparently lost the slip-on during the same trip.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer

obso posted:

he also apparently lost the slip-on during the same trip.

How the gently caress?

obso
Jul 30, 2000
OBSOLUTELY

Nidhg00670000 posted:

How the gently caress?

Some of the aftermarket gixxer slip-ons are just jokey 1' pieces of metal. And the guy had a cochlear implant (that I assume he turned off for riding) so I guess he didn't hear it.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Those axle nuts and the keeper nuts are just something everyone should be checking. Mine were pretty loose when I got my drz. Not anything that affected handling, but who knows how long it would have taken to get to where that bike above was

invision
Mar 2, 2009

I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH RAPE LAST TIME, MAY I HAVE SOME MORE?

Resource
Aug 6, 2006
Yay!

obso posted:

This was more the fault of an incompetent dealership/service department. Kid just bought it 2 days ago and nothing was tight. Rear axle nut loose and missing a cotter pin, he also apparently lost the slip-on during the same trip.

This happened to me with my first used bike from Woods in Austin. I got the bike, didn't think to check things like the bolts holding the shifter stay, and as I'm driving down the highway the thing comes lose and I can no longer shift gears. A good lesson to learn, but lovely that a dealer would let someone leave with a bike that was about to come apart.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Collateral Damage posted:

Classifieds, why do you tempt me so...

http://www.blocket.se/stockholm/Triumph_DAYTONA_675_12_Man_garanti_45244821.htm?ca=11&w=1

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Unf. So bloody british eh what?

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Slavvy posted:

Unf. So bloody british eh what?

Dunno, could have been Burberry plaid

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Snowdens Secret posted:

Dunno, could have been Burberry plaid

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Holy poo poo I would have loved to see this in action.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

stolen from Geoff May's FB feed

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

clutchpuck posted:

stolen from Geoff May's FB feed

Is the shadow playing tricks on me, or are both wheels off the ground?

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard

quote:

All most went horribly wrong in this shot. 1190rs bunny hop! This one hurt.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

How the hell do you even do that, if a bunny hop is what I'm thinking?

Forty Two
Jun 8, 2007

HNasty posted:

Everything?

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

I would unironically daily drive that.

Given you suddenly become some sort of a patent millionaire and have tons of disposable income, you drat well bet your rear end is gonna be daily riding a stretched swingarm chromed Damien Hurst polkadot wallpaper Hayabusa. Anything less wouldn't exemplify your gratuitousness and, ultimately, would act as the skeleton in your closet under all your other humble lifestyle choices. It's the Batman to your Bruce wayne.

Modified Hayabusas are the Final Tier™ of motorcycle.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?

Forty Two posted:

Everything?

It has 24K gold on it and is owned by the arab dude who owns the track in Qatar, what would you want him to order a understated cafe CB350?

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
For some rich Arab oil baron? The same design, but on a desmosedici, of course.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Xovaan posted:

I would unironically daily drive that.

Given you suddenly become some sort of a patent millionaire and have tons of disposable income, you drat well bet your rear end is gonna be daily riding a stretched swingarm chromed Damien Hurst polkadot wallpaper Hayabusa. Anything less wouldn't exemplify your gratuitousness and, ultimately, would act as the skeleton in your closet under all your other humble lifestyle choices. It's the Batman to your Bruce wayne.

Modified Hayabusas are the Final Tier™ of motorcycle.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Abe Froman
Jul 2, 2003

The Sausage King of Chicago

Forty Two posted:

Everything?

The J&B Scotch nitro bottle is very classy.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Someone buy this

http://salina.craigslist.org/mcy/3840691743.html

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

That's a great ad.

Those things look so fun, I saw a video of them once, insane bastards.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Shimrod posted:

That's a great ad.

Those things look so fun, I saw a video of them once, insane bastards.

I know that asking this question disqualifies me from ever owning such a thing, but how the gently caress do you stop it?

Forty Two
Jun 8, 2007

HNasty posted:

It has 24K gold on it and is owned by the arab dude who owns the track in Qatar, what would you want him to order a understated cafe CB350?

I prefer to imagine that it's a critique of the culture of excess and how we gamble away our money on gaudy, tasteless, objects that serve no practical purpose.

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I know that asking this question disqualifies me from ever owning such a thing, but how the gently caress do you stop it?

I'm pretty sure they've got a brake lever that just works like normal and slows the wheel.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

I was looking for a photo of a green Thruxton to carry on with the sexy green/gold bike photos and this came up

Hell yes.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Frankston posted:

I was looking for a photo of a green Thruxton to carry on with the sexy green/gold bike photos and this came up

Hell yes.

Can't appreciate that bike with the instafilters all that poo poo all over the place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wootcannon
Jan 23, 2010

HAIL SATAN, PRINCE OF LIES

goddamnedtwisto posted:

And yet ironically the cigarettes were absolutely loving horrible. I suppose that's the value of marketing, millions of people overlooked the fact they tasted like grass clippings sucked through a hose because of just how classy the colour scheme was (and of course because it was attached to Barry Sheene and Ayrton Senna).

I've actually just got into them off Marlboro Bright Leaf because they have more of a kick on the way in. That's probably the wood chippings, though.