Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

SkySteak posted:

I spent way too much time trying to get a similar look in the Ruler Designer :negative:

Tough Soldier? Not Thrifty Clerk*? :v:

*The joke is that that would have been her choice, but in CK2 it's a junk result.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Patter Song posted:

By the way, my computer's currently undergoing repairs, but a certain man with a Mitch Lawrence-in-wizard's-garb avatar gifted me a copy of Iron Cross on condition that I LP it. Next week when my computer's back on its feet I...may...hold up my end of the bargain.

Do it do it do it

I want to see this if only for the flavor text. How many times will courage push the bravery?

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Strudel Man posted:

Now, they could plan and practice these things out a lot better, I'm sure, but it's not like it's an easy thing to come across well when plopped down in front of a camera. It's a skill, and it's not the skill that these guys normally rely on.

Doing live streams is loving terrifying :s

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Phlegmish posted:

Do it do it do it

I want to see this if only for the flavor text. How many times will courage push the bravery?

Iron Cross is "How can you sell this in good conscience" bad. Using it forces you to destroy a preexisting copy of either HOI2, Arsenal of Democracy, or Darkest Hour. The only way the base game will be playable again is uninstalling the whole mess and starting over.

If I did an Iron Cross thread it'd need a "don't buy this game" bolded and italicized with links to Paradox titles you should get instead, like the EU4 preorder or March of the Eagles.

James The 1st
Feb 23, 2013
Shams said on Twitter that Chris King is leaving Paradox.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Which one was Chris King? Was he the annoying guy on the streams?

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Baloogan posted:

Which one was Chris King? Was he the annoying guy on the streams?

Scottish guy. Overweight, wears glasses. Was responsible for Ricky (just the expansion), and V2.

I met him once, thought he was an alright guy to share a drink with, but he's known in some places for being... aggressively unresponsive to fan criticism? Username on the Pdox fora is King.

Gniwu
Dec 18, 2002

Autonomous Monster posted:

Scottish guy. Overweight, wears glasses. Was responsible for Ricky (just the expansion), and V2.

I met him once, thought he was an alright guy to share a drink with, but he's known in some places for being... aggressively unresponsive to fan criticism? Username on the Pdox fora is King.

Scottish Thatcherite (Let that sink in!!), to be precise. All around arsehole, good riddance.

By the way: Shadow President did get an interesting sequel by the name of 'CyberJudas'. It was more or less the same thing, but with a world updated to the year 1993. What made it special was the (optional) addition of a traitor plot that you had to uncover before everything went to hell. The traitor would randomly antagonize countries in your name by way of - depending on the difficulty level - economic sabotage, coups, assassinations, or - the most fun - nuclear strikes. The last one was great because as opposed to the other actions the nuclear strikes always occured between two foreign countries without American involvement. They were amazing world-changers, so I always let them happen and only nabbed the traitor after he was done with them.

I really want another iteration of that game, made according to modern game design sensibilities and with the possibility of choosing a different starting nation. I've been waiting for this kind of game for almost two decades now, and Superpower 2 was SUCH a disappointment...

Gorgo Primus
Mar 29, 2009

We shall forge the most progressive republic ever known to man!
It has begun!

Meet Canada's next Prime Minister:

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

Gorgo Primus posted:

It has begun!

How is this a good idea? drat, EvW is going to be a mess.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
This is the worst idea in the history of game development.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Gorgo Primus posted:

It has begun!

:ughh:

Well, at least it'll be an interesting trainwreck. But I suspect it'll be more sad than entertaining like the way SimCity 2013's trainwreck was.

Brutus Salad
Nov 8, 2009

Best buddies forever! :3:
I literally can not wait for Pattersong to LP this game now.:allears:

Cowcatcher
Dec 23, 2005

OUR PEOPLE WERE BORN OF THE SKY

Gorgo Primus posted:

It has begun!

Buddy there has more charisma than old Harper, I say let him have bytown

Gorgo Primus
Mar 29, 2009

Anyone want to bandwagon vote for Lowtax as North Corea's Maoist Leader in the 1960s? :rimshot:

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

That Canadian college-commie has exactly the kind of face I would expect from a brony:

But Finland has an even better self-submission:

Cowcatcher
Dec 23, 2005

OUR PEOPLE WERE BORN OF THE SKY
That image is not stretched by some weird css

I like him, he's cool

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

I was about to ask why can't the submissions at least look like adults, but :catstare:

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

I wonder who'll end up as the president of the USA.

Gorgo Primus
Mar 29, 2009

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

I wonder who'll end up as the president of the USA.

How can you even ask that? It'll be Ron Paul John Galt.

Gorgo Primus fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Jun 27, 2013

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
This is hilariously terrible.

P-devs its not too late to throw your weight around and save this game.

E: I mean from these "ministers" not from it actually being a WW3 game. Hell I'd probably buy a WW3 game if it was on steam sale, but not like this. This is too silly.

Evil Agita fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jun 27, 2013

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Ofaloaf posted:

I was about to ask why can't the submissions at least look like adults, but :catstare:

They brought this up in the stream. They said if you look like a child you should apply to be the dali lama or something.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?698639-First-Blood-NIGER&p=15704292&viewfull=1#post15704292

This submission was not done by a bright man.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!

Yeah, he's Snoop Lion now!

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

Gorgo Primus posted:

It has begun!

:allears: I really hope they go with this image. If the game is good, it's a dumb idea but I can at least see the reasoning in having community members cameo as members of minor parties that will never actually get elected most games. And if it's a bad game, this will turn it from a bad overambitious game into a burning wreck.

You know, making Snoop Lion an obscure party leader for Ethiopia or something could have been kinda cute but the more I read of that :stare:.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I just don't understand why you would do this for a timeframe in which there are many real names and biographies, easily accessible from public historical records (some of whom are still alive, for Christ's sake) and Paradox has shown you can make a nod to actual history that is centuries older.

Peruser
Feb 23, 2013
Paradox needs to intervene in this, now after all these idiots post their pictures. Especially before it gets to Magna-Mundi levels of disaster.

Even if it means sinking my dream of a Liberian battleship with only one really, really big turret that fires nuclear shells

Peruser fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Jun 27, 2013

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

I'm hoping this is just some insane marketing ploy, and will be a mode that you can switch on/off or something. And not the default game. God please not the default game.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I just don't understand why you would do this for a timeframe in which there are many real names and biographies, easily accessible from public historical records (some of whom are still alive, for Christ's sake) and Paradox has shown you can make a nod to actual history that is centuries older.

Like other people have said, I can get sneaking a fan in as a potential Maoist leader of Kuwait or fascist leader of St. Lucia, but there's no justification for needing fan-submitted politicians for goddamn Canada when any rear end in a top hat with an Internet connection could come up with someone in Canada with whatever viewpoint in the right time period.

Defeatist Elitist
Jun 17, 2012

I've got a carbon fixation.

Patter Song posted:

Like other people have said, I can get sneaking a fan in as a potential Maoist leader of Kuwait or fascist leader of St. Lucia, but there's no justification for needing fan-submitted politicians for goddamn Canada when any rear end in a top hat with an Internet connection could come up with someone in Canada with whatever viewpoint in the right time period.

In fact, any rear end in a top hat with access to the internet could probably find an actual leader of an actual political party with that viewpoint in Canada. It's just bizarre.

edit: Some people in the Canada thread are posting actual historical leaders of that type for Canada as submissions. They are doing the dev teams work for them. :psyboom:

Defeatist Elitist fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Jun 27, 2013

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Patter Song posted:

I'm hoping that this is an addon or something for fun and they're not using this to replace doing the research to figure out names. You guys obviously have researchers, pay them to do their job.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
Well gently caress now I might buy EvW on release day to see this train wreck first hand.

no I won't, paradox Devs end this abortion of a game before its too late.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
This We Are The World thing turned EvW from a disappointment into a disaster. It would be a cute idea for filling out the cabinets of tiny or ahistorical or separatist states for which not a whole lot of records exist, but they're accepting submissions for countries like Belgium and Canada and Finland for which a trip to Wikipedia should be sufficient for finding a ton of potential leaders of every available ideology.

I hope the inevitable failure of EvW doesn't deter Paradox from making a proper Cold War game in the future.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Gorgo Primus posted:

It has begun!

There is no :wtc: big enough. Paradox devs, I hope you guys are keeping abreast of this and all. If the Kaiserreich dudes can come up with a historical figure for whatever obscure democratic/authoritarian-left/right party of a totally fictional nation, up to and including the German East China Company, surely these guys can do better.

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Gorgo Primus posted:

It has begun!

Jesus christ Paradox please demolish this dev team and take over it yourselves

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
These people made arsenal of democracy how are they loving this up so much :wtc:

Rannos22
Mar 30, 2011

Everything's the same as it always is.
Jeez, you guys were okay with Sunset Invasion but an ahistorical Cold War history game is too much huh? :colbert:

No, but seriously, this is truly awful

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Apparently they're taking suggestions for historical leaders too so I guess they really are just trying to cut corners. I'd post asking for clarification but I don't really feel like getting banned from the paradox forums.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Every submission for Japan should be an anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorgo Primus
Mar 29, 2009

Raskolnikov38 posted:

These people made arsenal of democracy how are they loving this up so much :wtc:

Have you PLAYED their Cold War scenarios in AOD? They are as bad as this... hence my comments in the OP and earlier.

• Locked thread