Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rannos22
Mar 30, 2011

Everything's the same as it always is.

uPen posted:

Apparently they're taking suggestions for historical leaders too so I guess they really are just trying to cut corners. I'd post asking for clarification but I don't really feel like getting banned from the paradox forums.

Eh, that's hardly a bannable offense if you don't say it like a douche. I've outright called people out on their low effort "AARs" and somehow remained unbanned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fspades
Jun 3, 2013

by R. Guyovich
It's doubly bizarre because this is the same team that strives to create hyper accurate OOB's for every backwater country with thousand of tiny provinces and other useless poo poo like that but historical political leaders in a Cold War game??? Yeah, whatever nerd :smug:

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

There is no :wtc: big enough. Paradox devs, I hope you guys are keeping abreast of this and all. If the Kaiserreich dudes can come up with a historical figure for whatever obscure democratic/authoritarian-left/right party of a totally fictional nation, up to and including the German East China Company, surely these guys can do better.

What's worse is that EvW only has Head of State and Head of Government slots, while Kaiserreich's team has to find people to head intelligence, internal security, diplomacy, industry, and each branch of the military.

uPen posted:

Apparently they're taking suggestions for historical leaders too so I guess they really are just trying to cut corners. I'd post asking for clarification but I don't really feel like getting banned from the paradox forums.

Call them out politely, like Rannos22 said. This is pathetic/hilarious and I think I've finally been convinced not to get this game.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Why are like half of the submissions for East Germany kings for a restored Prussia?

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Gorgo Primus posted:

It has begun!

Meet Canada's next Prime Minister:

So we can have Prime Minister Neckbeardicus, but they decide to leave out Kim Campbell? Yeah she was only prime minister for half a year, but going by those death dates (which I'm assuming is the end of the scenario, late 1993), she's still within the time period at mid 1993. But nope, random forums dudes over our only female prime minister.

Oh well, at least I'll be able to conquer the world as Joe Clark, immortal God Emperor :black101:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Gorgo Primus posted:

Have you PLAYED their Cold War scenarios in AOD? They are as bad as this... hence my comments in the OP and earlier.

I never really play the hoi games past the defeat of one of the major blocs to be honest so I wouldn't know. AoD was a good game for ww2 at least until darkest hour came around.

Seriously pdox get the darkest hour guys to make a Cold War game, the bar has been set pretty low surely they can't do worse.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Rannos22 posted:

Eh, that's hardly a bannable offense if you don't say it like a douche. I've outright called people out on their low effort "AARs" and somehow remained unbanned.

The only thing I've ever gotten slapped for was calling HoI 3 a buggy piece of poo poo when it was released. Reason: Swearing. :shrug:
They can be very immature when they see disagreement.

EvW is eerily reminding me of Supreme Ruler: Cold War. Another one of those games that flopped under the weight of its own ambition due to not having coders capable of tackling everything.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Patter Song posted:

Why are like half of the submissions for East Germany kings for a restored Prussia?

Deep down, you know why. :godwin:

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Patter Song posted:

Is this question purely rhetorical or are you also asking "Why aren't there more suggestions for restored Byzantium in Turkey"?

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Rynoto posted:

The only thing I've ever gotten slapped for was calling HoI 3 a buggy piece of poo poo when it was released. Reason: Swearing. :shrug:
They can be very immature when they see disagreement.

EvW is eerily reminding me of Supreme Ruler: Cold War. Another one of those games that flopped under the weight of its own ambition due to not having coders capable of tackling everything.

Supreme Ruler: Cold war at least pretended to model the space race.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Patter Song posted:

The paradox forums must have the largest single collection of monarchists still in existence.

Or more likely they're dumb nationalist nerds.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Tulip posted:

Is this question purely rhetorical or are you also asking "Why aren't there more suggestions for restored Byzantium in Turkey"?

Good point. When they get to Turkey one of you should put on a lovely plastic crown and dub yourself Constantine XI. And then someone else could be Murat VI to cover the Turcophiles.

Kavak posted:

Deep down, you know why. :godwin:

A neo-Nazi would be 1000x more plausible than an East German-specific New Kingdom of Prussia under the Hohenzollerns.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

Patter Song posted:

A neo-Nazi would be 1000x more plausible than an East German-specific New Kingdom of Prussia under the Hohenzollerns.

It makes sense when you consider Paradox's Byzantium fetish for fallen empires, apply it to Germany, but also remember you can't use the 3rd Reich because that would be awkward, so they go with the empire just before that.

That being said, I'm still holding out hope the game is so awful as to have 3rd Reich 2: Reich Harder be possible :haw:.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Raskolnikov38 posted:

These people made arsenal of democracy how are they loving this up so much :wtc:

AOD ran like poo poo, still used the same map, had poor mod support and stopped getting patched far too soon.

I mean, it was cool at the time because it was a compiled HOI2 that you didn't have to hex-edit to get running in a window and in high-res and you couldn't break it over your knee with Tactical Bomber and Infantry-spam, but it's not THAT hard to see that maybe this dev team was overreaching.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Yeah AoD wasn't great but it was fine enough that I'm just blown away at how bad they're doing this.

Gniwu
Dec 18, 2002

As someone who to this day strongly prefers Arsenal of Democracy to any other Hearts of Iron 2 iteration I still cannot believe that this game is being made by the same people.

Everything from that stream seems like an evil April fools joke gone on for waaay to long.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

uPen posted:

Supreme Ruler: Cold war at least pretended to model the space race.
So does this. That was one of the tech sections they showed off, briefly. There was an awkward section where they didn't get the reference someone was making with "can poland into space."

I guess I don't really get it either, but I have heard it before, at least.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/polandball

It was used around the PDox forums for a while once the meme started in the wider internet. It died out pretty quickly.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Paradox Interactive ‏@PdxInteractive 17m
We're announcing a new game today that has the whole office buzzing - and we're streaming live with the devs at 8pm CEST !!

:woop:

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

canepazzo posted:

We're announcing a new game today that has the whole office buzzing - and we're streaming live with the devs at 8pm CEST !!

Are they finally making Bees of Iron?!

Peruser
Feb 23, 2013

Strudel Man posted:

Are they finally making Bees of Iron?!

I go to get a glass of water and here you are stealing my bee joke

I wonder what the game is, also is 8pm CEST like 9am CST?

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
Magna Universalis IV: Victorian Cold War Edition

Peruser posted:

I wonder what the game is, also is 8pm CEST like 9am CST?

1pm CST according to the converter.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Jun 27, 2013

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
I'm looking forward to some nice book-themed wallpaper and the official announcement of The World Stage. Don't let me down Paradox.

Gorgo Primus
Mar 29, 2009

We shall forge the most progressive republic ever known to man!
EU: Carthage? Please?

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

canepazzo posted:

Here it comes guys, Dinosaur Univeralis. You play as a Dinosaur ruler from the Triassic all the way to the Cretaceous period. You spread the dino faith, go to war with your neighbors, mate with eachother and secure your Dino Dynasty, etc.

Peruser
Feb 23, 2013

DrProsek posted:

Here it comes guys, Dinosaur Univeralis. You play as a Dinosaur ruler from the Triassic all the way to the Cretaceous period. You spread the dino faith, go to war with your neighbors, mate with eachother and secure your Dino Dynasty, etc.

Day One DLC: Hominid Invasion, defend your kingdom from modern day Human armies and their primate slaves.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

DrProsek posted:

Comet Sighted!

- Game Over
- Game Over
- Game Over

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

DrProsek posted:

I would play the absolute poo poo out of this. The faith of Raptor Jesus must conquer all!

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

DrProsek posted:

Let's Play Dinosaur Universalis: War in Laurasia - Day by Day

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

I'm boring but I'm hoping for a sequel, Vicky 3 or CK3. Tho with the very recent expansions that seems quite unlikely.

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

canepazzo posted:

I'm boring but I'm hoping for a sequel, Vicky 3 or CK3. Tho with the very recent expansions that seems quite unlikely.

CK3 is out of the question, expansions are set up for another year or so.

I'd guess at another Rome game. Hell, maybe the timeframe will be large enough that a Mega-LP can go from 0 AD to the end of World War II.

SA_Avenger
Oct 22, 2012

Pakled posted:

This We Are The World thing turned EvW from a disappointment into a disaster. It would be a cute idea for filling out the cabinets of tiny or ahistorical or separatist states for which not a whole lot of records exist, but they're accepting submissions for countries like Belgium and Canada and Finland for which a trip to Wikipedia should be sufficient for finding a ton of potential leaders of every available ideology.

I hope the inevitable failure of EvW doesn't deter Paradox from making a proper Cold War game in the future.

Yeah not sure why they are just not using a beta/alpha tester to do the necessary research and even fill in blanks in a more realistic way if needed instead of having people post their face to get included in game. Heck I don't wanna see gamers faces in my games :p

edit: for new game if it's a big one I'd guess HOI4 but I really secretly hope EU:R2

edit2: problem with EU:R2 is that I suppose Doomdark would be the lead which can't happen as he is busy with CK2. (or I'm just wrong and miracle happens who knows )
edit3: Shams said it's not Rome 2 so no miracles there :/

SA_Avenger fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Jun 27, 2013

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
Everyone start hoping for Sengoku 2! Or HoI 3.5, now with twice the provinces. Or Darker Hour. Or HoI: Iron Cross edition. Russia Czarverisalis? Or if it's just a published game I would love a new Fort Zombie.

Zeron fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Jun 27, 2013

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Rejected Fate posted:

CK3 is out of the question, expansions are set up for another year or so.

I'd guess at another Rome game. Hell, maybe the timeframe will be large enough that a Mega-LP can go from 0 AD to the end of World War II.

A new Rome game would be perfect for taking potshots at CA again for having braindead AI in the new Total War :agesilaus:

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style
Keep in mind, it might not be a PDS title; in fact, "we're streaming live with the devs" seems like it would imply otherwise.

Gorgo Primus
Mar 29, 2009

We shall forge the most progressive republic ever known to man!

"Avindian posted:

Source for the pic? (Actually, using him at all might be a problem, depending on how heavily he's trademarked his image.)

They're... actually considering using it...?

Westminster System
Jul 4, 2009
Have they finally gotten someone to make a decent space game of any description?

The last few years have been a train wreck as far as they are concerned.

In regards to the whole EvW thing, wasn't the point to add Real people from History™ aswell as random nobodies for certain minor parties/fringe political views and only for certain countries?. Not that I think it's a good idea.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

New Magicka DLC :supaburn:

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

Barbarian Kings: Fall of Rome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008