Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

CHEF!!! posted:

I've never seen anything that bad here in Texas, but I see rebel flag stickers and the like all too often. It makes me wish I could get away with slapping this on my car. Unfortunately, I just know it would start being keyed at best.

Is there a place where I can get this printed on a beach towel? I want to be ready for my next vacation in South Carolina (yearly family gathering).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Lotron posted:

Sure hope that's a real thing.

That's...I think I'm gonna cry.

Skinny King Pimp
Aug 25, 2011
Skinny Queen Wimp

Good Citizen posted:

Is there a place where I can get this printed on a beach towel? I want to be ready for my next vacation in South Carolina (yearly family gathering).

Are you good at fighting and/or do you wear a bulletproof vest to the beach?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Skinny King Pimp posted:

Are you good at fighting and/or do you wear a bulletproof vest to the beach?

No, but I can run really fast when I'm drunk!

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about

Good Citizen posted:

No, but I can run really fast when I'm drunk!

- The last virginal female in The South

antisodachrist
Jul 24, 2007

Good Citizen posted:

I want it for a tshirt to wear around Atlanta. Well, maybe the outskirts since Atlanta is kind of like the West Berlin of the south.

The Aphasian
Mar 8, 2007

Psychotropic Hops

Efexeye posted:

That's...I think I'm gonna cry.

http://zangproducts.com/store

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

antisodachrist posted:

I want it for a tshirt to wear around Atlanta. Well, maybe the outskirts since Atlanta is kind of like the West Berlin of the south.

Man I would absolutely love to have this on a T-shirt too.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rough Lobster posted:

Man I would absolutely love to have this on a T-shirt too.

http://www.redbubble.com/people/kelmo/works/9930387-the-north-civil-war-champions?p=t-shirt

pageerror404
Feb 14, 2012

I finally killed them.

Lotron posted:

That is so loving cool. I wonder if it helps keep your coffee warm.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

You should try it, it's a real buzz.

Molentik posted:

I see way too many of those flag where I live( Southern Netherlands).

You mean belgium?

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

tehloki posted:

Fruit juice and vodka in a 1-1 ratio is also good.

Cranberry or lemonade with vodka work wonders, you can almost do a 1-1 of those and not even taste the alcohol

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

antisodachrist posted:

One of these would be better:

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Wikipedia posted:

When raggare first appeared, they caused a moral panic with concerns about the use of alcohol, violence, high-speed driving, and having sex in the back seat. Raggare gangs were seen as a serious problem.

Oh, Sweden. :sweden: :allears:

Sex Hobbit posted:

Aha! Now I get what that Turbonegro song is about... this whole time I thought Raggare was another band or something.

Was about to post this. That's an amazing album.

Kelmo
Jul 29, 2002

sidney crosby is my favorite player because he skates fast and he shoots the puck and it goes in the net and everyone cheers and i love him

Hey it's a thing I made :unsmith:

I've seen rebel flags over here in England, especially at fairs when they have badly airbrushed rides that say "American Fun Ride" or something.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Martout posted:

Sorry :( I wish I could say only kids liked them in Sweden, like what the Danes did to us with Aqua, but that wouldn't be true. A lot of people liked them.

The Raggare (difficult word to translate without writing a paragraph) subculture is entertaining if mostly awful but in regards to the flags and stuff they are fairly innocent because they don't really know or care what the flag represents to others, they have more in common with bikers and a "live free or die" mentality than with americans wanting the confederacy to rise again.

That means "Preserve the Swedish Raggare-culture." and they wear this on shirts, oblivious to the irony.

I think they only reason they use the flag is because it was in Dukes of Hazzard.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Fucknag posted:

It wasn't about slavery or niggers or racism at all, it was about state's rights and self-determination. GET A CLUE MORANs!

It was, actually. One of the initiators of the separation was a debate about whether a state had the right to strip incoming immigrants of their personal possessions, if said possessions were legally acquired in another state. Guess what possessions the south was concerned about.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The South sure was serious about their hamburgers.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

That burger patent makes no sense.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Kelmo posted:

I've seen rebel flags over here in England, especially at fairs when they have badly airbrushed rides that say "American Fun Ride" or something.

:stonk: WHAT

Tempest815
Oct 7, 2006

FALCON PUNCH!!

Martout posted:

Sorry :( I wish I could say only kids liked them in Sweden, like what the Danes did to us with Aqua, but that wouldn't be true. A lot of people liked them.

The Raggare (difficult word to translate without writing a paragraph) subculture is entertaining if mostly awful but in regards to the flags and stuff they are fairly innocent because they don't really know or care what the flag represents to others, they have more in common with bikers and a "live free or die" mentality than with americans wanting the confederacy to rise again.

That means "Preserve the Swedish Raggare-culture." and they wear this on shirts, oblivious to the irony.

So, according to Wikipedia, they're like Scandinavian Greasers.

quote:

Cars are an important part of the subculture, especially V8-powered cars and other large cars from the USA.[3] Statistically, the most common raggare car (Swe raggarbil) is the 1960s Pontiac Bonneville They are plentiful, classic, relatively cheap, and have a huge backseat so the Raggare can pile in all of their friends

Honestly they sound like a blast to ride with. I also now want a fintail Mercedes because I love both of those things, so they're doing something right.
tIMG'd for huge

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

It's seen as a generic American symbol in Europe. You think random people here have an in-depth knowledge about the Civil War? It's just like how some people will refer to Americans as 'Yankees' without knowing about the connotations that that word has in the US itself.

OK Some Butt Stuff
Jun 9, 2002

Tempest815 posted:

So, according to Wikipedia, they're like Scandinavian Greasers.

Honestly they sound like a blast to ride with. I also now want a fintail Mercedes because I love both of those things, so they're doing something right.
tIMG'd for huge

Sweden's Juggalos.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

OK Some Butt Stuff posted:

Sweden's Juggalos.

I guess that would be pronounced "yoo-galos"

Molentik
Apr 30, 2013

DreamingApe posted:

You mean belgium?

I mean Brabant Trash Country.

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

Krinkle posted:

That burger patent makes no sense.

It's from a stupid series of patents about interactive commercials. In that one, you use a wii-mote to skip the commercial by tossing a virtual pickle.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Pead posted:

It's from a stupid series of patents about interactive commercials. In that one, you use a wii-mote to skip the commercial by tossing a virtual pickle.

I see what you did there.

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Isn't that the actual name of the device?

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wiimote

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Pead posted:

I believe it's a Sony patent though, so it'd be a Move controller. I can't wait to yell McDonalds! at my Playstation 4.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Lotron posted:

This is it, the pinnacle of human development. Shut it all down fellas, there's nothing left that can surpass this majesty.

Bless you.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

This is fantastic. I already yell at my TV during commercials, now there's an upside to it.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I like how it's not enough to yell McDonalds, he also has to do a one man stadium wave.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

After getting a DVR, I can't remember the last time I've watched a commercial. Even during sporting events, I just pause it for 10 minutes and take a leak then fast forward.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
You should get your prostate checked.

Wax Dynasty
Jan 1, 2013

This postseason, I've really enjoyed bringing back the three-inning save.

Hell Gem

Where did you get a picture of my dog?

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

I can't help but notice that it's assumed in the patent that the intended audience will be watching/doing something with a person shooting someone else in the chest. Then the ad interrupts, commanding the user to praise heaven with the name of McDonald's, and the user is rewarded with the continuation of people getting shot in the chest.

This has to be an American idea :911:

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

e to not make fun of fat children who have no choice in their diet :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Ishamael posted:

Isn't that the actual name of the device?

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wiimote

Officially, no. It's called a "Wii Remote."

You gotta love these guys at these large corporations that are just so sure everyone will call their devices/accessories by their full name, and not shorten it to something easier/funnier/dirtier.

The X-Box One is a great example, too. Did they seriously think we'd all call it the X-Box One and NOT the X-BOne? Like...C'mon!

• Locked thread