Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

Do a similar thing with filter by user.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Shaggar posted:

Another option that might be good is when opening a thread w/ no new posts go to the bottom instead of staying @ the top.

I'm pretty sure that feature would shoot you to the last post but then any images that load would push the view until you're elsewhere, negating its purpose.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

soapgish posted:

I'm pretty sure that feature would shoot you to the last post but then any images that load would push the view until you're elsewhere, negating its purpose.

Correct. It just doesn't work right.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
The view shouldn't change when images load. :colbert:

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

withak posted:

I agree.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

withak posted:

Woah this is only 2013 buddy don't expect too much

FYI: when attempting to post if probated it tells me the thread is closed .. perhaps you don't have the balls to dive in to find out yourself so I did the hard work for you

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

echinopsis posted:

Woah this is only 2013 buddy don't expect too much

FYI: when attempting to post if probated it tells me the thread is closed .. perhaps you don't have the balls to dive in to find out yourself so I did the hard work for you
Salute our proud testers. :patriot:

Trying to upload more than 2 images at a time from the camera roll is a shitshow with very low chances of completing, even over Wi-Fi. A status bar or something would be nice, but I don't even know what mechanism is being used other than "it uses imgur somehow I think".

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

duckfarts posted:

Trying to upload more than 2 images at a time from the camera roll is a shitshow with very low chances of completing, even over Wi-Fi. A status bar or something would be nice, but I don't even know what mechanism is being used other than "it uses imgur somehow I think".

What happens when you try?

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

pokeyman posted:

What happens when you try?
It just sits on uploading for an extremely long time then says Upload Failed or whatever the error message is for that. When I say an extremely long time, I mean that I may have to tap on the screen to make sure the phone doesn't go to sleep; 5-10 minutes if I bother with it that long.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

It's still doing that? Admittedly I haven't tried it recently, but I thought it was fixed a few versions ago.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

A curiosity- platinum status profile images (640x480 50kb max, I believe) verly seldom appear when viewing profiles, mostly with nothing or the little "x" box there. Is there a smaller required minimum for Awful to display these?

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

soapgish posted:

A curiosity- platinum status profile images (640x480 50kb max, I believe) verly seldom appear when viewing profiles, mostly with nothing or the little "x" box there. Is there a smaller required minimum for Awful to display these?

They should just show up. Got an example for me?

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

pokeyman posted:

They should just show up. Got an example for me?

Err, question mark.

I've never seen mine, regardless of image, resolution, etc.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Yup, those sure don't look right! I'll check it out.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
It only shows the profile image for those that it considers attractive enough.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

How hard is to add the mail link action for posts and comments? Or am I the only one who would use that?

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

smackfu posted:

How hard is to add the mail link action for posts and comments?

It'd basically be a total rewrite of the app.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

smackfu posted:

How hard is to add the mail link action for posts and comments? Or am I the only one who would use that?

I guess it's just you and the Firefox developer who apparently uses "Send image in email" all the time.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

I'm mainly using it to send links to myself, so I can check them out later.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Pocket, bithc

forebodingburger
Jul 23, 2010

Sever your leg, please.
My problem with the newly sensitive "..." menu is that (at least on a 5-series device) when you accidentally hit it in landscape mode it takes up the whole screen and you can't get rid of it without switching to portrait. Like so:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

forebodingburger posted:

My problem with the newly sensitive "..." menu is that (at least on a 5-series device) when you accidentally hit it in landscape mode it takes up the whole screen and you can't get rid of it without switching to portrait. Like so:

You can close it if you tap the blue bar.

I admit it doesn't look like you can do that, but it does work.

forebodingburger
Jul 23, 2010

Sever your leg, please.
Huh, good to know. Thanks!

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah on landscape that should really only max out at one row, and have scrollable icons if it goes past the phone dimensions. As long as it's portrayed to the user that the option exists. So either a cut off icon, always visible slider, or page (circle) icons.

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.
The app crashed on me for the first time today. It was the Critterquest thread, so I'm guessing it had to do with the many large images plus trying to jump to quotes.

Any chance of the portrait/landscape lock returning?

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Tardigrade posted:

Any chance of the portrait/landscape lock returning?

Yes.

SaturdayKnight
Mar 31, 2011

Even though I'll be upgrading to a tallphone soon, what's the status of the fullscreen mode feature? Is it pretty much dead since the majority of people will be on big screens soon? Or is it still slated to make an appearance?

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

SaturdayKnight posted:

Even though I'll be upgrading to a tallphone soon, what's the status of the fullscreen mode feature? Is it pretty much dead since the majority of people will be on big screens soon? Or is it still slated to make an appearance?

It's still on the list. I don't personally care about it, so it's never been a high priority feature for me.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I wonder if it will be super easy to call the fullscreen on scroll that's used in iOS7's safari.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Uh what's the deal with airline food? I mean like come on!

Spanish Manlove fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jul 3, 2013

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

All is discovered; flee at once

Sereri fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Jul 3, 2013

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Cheese it!

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I don't see it. Must be some kind of exclusive club.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
Since about 3 updates ago the app has just completely stopped working for me. I keep getting the updates hoping it would fix itself. When I try to start it, I just get a grey background screen.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Dr_Amazing posted:

Since about 3 updates ago the app has just completely stopped working for me. I keep getting the updates hoping it would fix itself. When I try to start it, I just get a grey background screen.

What device are you using? Which iOS version are you on? Is deleting and reinstalling the app failing?

kells
Mar 19, 2009

Dr_Amazing posted:

This was happening to me too but deleting/reinstalling fixed it.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Dr_Amazing posted:

Delete and reinstall. This happens to me with each update if I don't remember to first force-kill the app before updating.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

I'll take a look, that's certainly not desirable behaviour!

Axiem
Oct 19, 2005

I want to leave my mind blank, but I'm terrified of what will happen if I do
Out of curiosity, when y'all check code in (and push it to github), are you doing that through XCode, or are you command-lining it, or using some other fancy git client?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Axiem posted:

Out of curiosity, when y'all check code in (and push it to github), are you doing that through XCode, or are you command-lining it, or using some other fancy git client?

I use the command-line client. Xcode 5 looks promising though, might switch over once that comes out.

• Locked thread