Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Then they're misnaming it as tessellation because it only turns on when you have tessellation on. I thought it failed to get any smoother when I put the camera in close but I figured they were THE ONLY SENSIBLE STUDIO OUT THERE THAT DIDN'T OVERTESSELLATE THINGS! Oh well.

Oh hey, an update!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I don't know what it looks like, but if you go to the Envoy of Ca'd'Oro in the Draculesti camp, you can see what it's selling for the DLC. We're getting Custom neck talismans, an 'International Man/Woman of Mystery' title, and the outfit is the OROCHI MODULAR BATTLESUIT.

Sadly, I don't know what the O.M.B. looks like, but it can be nothing but good.

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo

HughGRect posted:

Have to ask, are you running in DX11? If so its very unstable and recommended to play in DX9.

I've ran with DX11 almost exclusively without any problems. I mostly keep it on for high SSAO, which looks kinda nice. Also, stuck with it because I was having problems with "out of memory" crashes at one point, and came across a post from the lead dev who recommended using DX11 because its API is much more memory efficient than DX9.

For the record, the OOM crashes were most likely caused by corrupt data since they went away after doing repair from the game launcher.

Allatum
Feb 20, 2008

Pillbug
So the horse head mask is still amazing. I'm redoing content just to see it.

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Maybe if I actually played Mafia, I'd get a better gift from my Mafia Secret Santa. :(

Allatum posted:

So the horse head mask is still amazing. I'm redoing content just to see it.
Is there some sort of goon horse hivemind or something? I took these screencaps before you posted this, honest.

I found out recently that the shrooms effect persists in cutscenes.

Also, I redid the entire Issue 6 mission chain today and my new favourite is the cutscene at the end of The Prisoner. Couldn't get a screencap because it goes too fast, but imagine this headbutting someone:

edit: Oh and today we managed to bug out the Flagellatrix Superior in Hell Eternal somehow, which resulted in the entire party wiping and the quest updating anyway, so we just skipped her and went straight to Iscariot, Cassius and Brutus.

Zephonith fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Jun 27, 2013

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
While we're sharing screenshots, for people who don't bother looking, this turned up in Agartha.

No way to get there yet, but meet Tokyo.

midoriyourself
May 30, 2013
Holy poo poo, that looks awesome. I'm super excited for Tokyo.

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Maybe if I actually played Mafia, I'd get a better gift from my Mafia Secret Santa. :(
Fun fact: Tokyo literally has a gate to hell. Though it has sort of already appeared in-game. Anyone wanna take me through Hell Fallen again so I can take a closer look?

Sinatrapod
Sep 24, 2007

The "Latin" is too dangerous, my queen!
I played this a whole bunch after release, and I was inspired to get back into it after I saw it pop up on the steam sale. Unfortunately it looks like my account was compromised some time ago and was banned. Apparently when you get banned like this they throw your account into the Dark Pit to be eaten by shadowbabies because Funcom is giving me a wicked case of cold shoulder about it.

Live Support says "you'll have to send an email", and 3 email attempts over the course of a week hasn't rendered any kind of response. Is there some kind of secret code word to get Funcom support to actually respond at all, or should I just drop it and buy in next time it goes on supersale?

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Honestly I wouldn't actually reward them for being completely terrible about customer relations* and support. Unless you want to play really badly. Technically they should be able to help but it's kind of hit and miss how long it takes them to respond.

I also just went to the TSW forums to see what experiences people had who had their account hacked in the past, and while it was a year ago, it never ceases to amaze me how even the shittiest company behaviour will find valiant defenders with the dumbest justifications. Account hacked? TSW can't be hacked, you're lying. Items stolen after the hack? Just be happy you can still play, suck it up and play from scratch, because account security isn't Funcom's responsibility. Support not getting back to you for a week after a hack? Guess you lied and they don't respond to cheaters.
:smug:

*They do care if people critizice their precious store clothes or if some internet drama queen spends half a day on a train in game. That warrants replies and personal ingame visits by the game director and a personal audience in WiP Tokyo.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

Sinatrapod posted:

I played this a whole bunch after release, and I was inspired to get back into it after I saw it pop up on the steam sale. Unfortunately it looks like my account was compromised some time ago and was banned. Apparently when you get banned like this they throw your account into the Dark Pit to be eaten by shadowbabies because Funcom is giving me a wicked case of cold shoulder about it.

Live Support says "you'll have to send an email", and 3 email attempts over the course of a week hasn't rendered any kind of response. Is there some kind of secret code word to get Funcom support to actually respond at all, or should I just drop it and buy in next time it goes on supersale?

There is one person that deals with compromised accounts across TSW, AOC, and AO. Your e-mail is likely sitting in his queue. When they were properly staffed a compromised account ticket would generally take a week to resolve, so I wouldn't be surprised if it takes 2+ now. They aren't going to respond until their investigation is complete.

Unless of course they fired the compromised account guy...

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo
Noticed you can mail bags of ethereal gambit. Guess it's now theoretically possible to have a bullion bought ql10 purple weapon on a fresh solomon island character.

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

I bought about 100 of them. I got set on fire a lot and now have a lot of tacos. I got a bunch of those toolkit upgraders though. It's funny, if those had existed a month ago I never would have bothered to start running dungeons with goons.

Is there any indication as to when issue 7 is coming out? It would kinda suck if all this content was just sitting there and we had to wait another month for it to activate... That new Ca d'Oro vendor has things I need dammit.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

GEMorris posted:

Unless of course they fired the compromised account guy...

If they haven't fired him, he's probably wearing a second hat. And maybe a third.

Also, I've been on Testlive. Spoiler for 1.7: The missions are amazing. Looks like Content is a week out, maybe a week and a half.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Cheston posted:

If they haven't fired him, he's probably wearing a second hat. And maybe a third.

Also, I've been on Testlive. Spoiler for 1.7: The missions are amazing. Looks like Content is a week out, maybe a week and a half.

Can you tell/show me what the OROCHI MODULAR BATTLESUIT looks like? Because I'm pretty sure I have to wear it a lot, just because it exists.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Gloves/Glasses/Chest/Legs/Boots. You can wear a jacket over it.

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

This was the greatest day of my life. Finally I could stand on my soapbox and tell you American scum that you got exactly what you deserved.
P.S. Sorry Osama that Americans were not compassionate enough to take you in peacefully. You deserved better.
I've been waiting for that orochi armor for awhile now, the spelunking outfit is getting old.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Little bit disappointed on that one, because to me 'Orochi Modular Battlesuit' invoked something more high-tech, maybe Iron Man-ish. But I can get behind most of that outfit.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Cheston posted:

It's everything I've been wanting since November.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Cheston posted:

Its missing something, wouldn't it look better with a unicorn head and a black bandanna?

Nombres
Jul 16, 2009
Holy poo poo the OMB looks great. Any word on how much it'll cost?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Nombres posted:

Holy poo poo the OMB looks great. Any word on how much it'll cost?

Too drat much.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Len posted:

Too drat much.

Not too much maybe, since it uses the same currency as the vendor in Egypt you can just load up on doing last train missions now until you hit the cap of 150 credits of Car Oreos.

Edit: Also managed to sell 10 lottery bags for a million pax each. Pubbies love their lottery.

Variable Haircut fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Jun 27, 2013

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.
Remember those rubber banding deaths last night in the raid?

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=71483

We aren't alone.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

HughGRect posted:

Not too much maybe, since it uses the same currency as the vendor in Egypt you can just load up on doing last train missions now until you hit the cap of 150 credits of Car Oreos.

There's a cap? I don't regret trying out a Kingdom signet, then.

Also, for anyone who didn't know, the new Ca' d'oro will have Neck 10.1s and purple Major signets usable only with them. They're a bit more effective than a blue violence/vigour/amelioration, but not as good as a purple. (I.E. 117 AR, 117 HR.... 410hp?) A good assumption is that you'll be able to pick one of the three neck talismans at the end of the 1.7 chain.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
You can also upgrade the necklace to 10.5.5, which is kind of nice. I personally would of rather had unique effect signets like the head ones, but a blue-and-a-half is good enough for me.

Commissar Kip
Nov 9, 2009

Imperial Commissariat's uplifting primer.

Shake once.
But when will the 1.7 content actually release? And is that Orochi suit already available or is it just on the test server?

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Commissar Kip posted:

But when will the 1.7 content actually release? And is that Orochi suit already available or is it just on the test server?

It should be enabled next week, following week at the latest. And the Orochi suit will be available when 1.7 is.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
I remember people saying Tokyo's overall damage will be based on what players chose.

Is the assumption that Tokyo is going to be totally hosed?

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

Well, we saw part of it and it wasn't totally hosed.

Buuuuuut it's rather hosed.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
It has been way to many pages since we had a horse head, for your consideration:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

quote:

My apologies that an attempt at creativity with the title examples was poorly constructed. This game provides a different tone to my three characters based off their faction. Why not gender? For what is, at most, five titles.

I am a female who only plays female characters. When I've conquered, achieved, or completed an epic achievement, I prefer not to have a pat on the back followed with a "Atta boy!" and presentation of a men's gold watch. Part of the lasting attachment to my characters is the memories and tokens earned.

This is something that was presented and changed in the last MMO I played. This is not the same game but I think the idea has the same merit.

Because achievements are discriminating against TSW player -Ara-.

Edit: Look who got back to me on testlive!

Joel posted:

Hey!
Every time I have tried to reply to your PM's on the live forums, you have been banned by the time I hit reply.

Here is the explanation you have been asking for as to why it took 2 months with the AMD bug.

Firstly, we didn't have hardware we could test it on. We had to order a specific configuration which matched those who were having the bug.
When we got our first one of those, it still didn't have the bug (didn't crash). We were pretty baffled.
Meanwhile, our error reporting system said it was Scaleform. So we had the GUI coders going through Scaleform with a fine toothed comb trying to find the error. We didn't find anything in the Scaleform/AMD render code - so we asked AMD for help.
AMD got back to us (after a while as large companies tend to do) and they basically said that the only instances of that error that they have seen is when a specific Nvidia card feature is attempting to be parsed by an AMD card.
Okay, so we started disabling and enabling our Nvidia only features to see if that helped. We were running these tweaks in the background of the live servers, because we were still waiting for a second test machine which we hoped we could use to reproduce the bug.
We got the second machine, we found the render component causing the problem and we disabled it.

That's what happened.

Now on the communication side, you seem to think we should have said more than "We're working on it.". I think we disagree on that point. No good would be served by explaining in a general post what I have explained here - all it would have done is invited people to say stupid things like "I can give you a computer to reproduce the bug on".
Things break, they take time to fix and I think anybody who believes that we would purposely cripple a percentage of our player base and then ignore their bugs is insane.

We are working on it is really only the appropriate response. And obviously a time frame is out of the question when we have NO IDEA what is causing it, as was the case here.

Hope that explains things,
Joel

Len fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jun 27, 2013

Dammit Who?
Aug 30, 2002

may microbes, bacilli their tissues infest
and tapeworms securely their bowels digest

Does anyone have a buddy/trial key for this? I've heard good and bad things about this game and I'd like to check it out before dropping $30 on it.

John Capslocke
Jun 5, 2007

Dammit Who? posted:

Does anyone have a buddy/trial key for this? I've heard good and bad things about this game and I'd like to check it out before dropping $30 on it.

KWSYDVFCRLDPQRCTM5QZ
https://register.thesecretworld.com

Dammit Who?
Aug 30, 2002

may microbes, bacilli their tissues infest
and tapeworms securely their bowels digest

Wow, that was fast. Thanks a lot!

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Rookersh posted:

I remember people saying Tokyo's overall damage will be based on what players chose.

Is the assumption that Tokyo is going to be totally hosed?

We don't know how many people picked which choice in the Dreaming Prison. If it were up to us and our choices Tokyo would probably be dust in the wind because almost all of us sided with the Filth.

But by my guess, we'll be seeing Tokyo at minimal fuckeditude. Even though TSW's a game full of moral ambiguity and there's never really a 'good' choice, the majority of the playerbase (any playerbase, actually) wants to be Good Guys. Tokyo still won't be a pristine paradise because it's still a huge loving crater where a big disaster happened, but I figure damage otherwise will be minimal.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

Cleretic posted:

While we're sharing screenshots, for people who don't bother looking, this turned up in Agartha.

No way to get there yet, but meet Tokyo.
This also turned up. It doesn't go anywhere yet.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

OneEightHundred posted:

This also turned up. It doesn't go anywhere yet.

I hear that will one day lead to the Counsel of Venice and/or the scenario system.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Cleretic posted:

We don't know how many people picked which choice in the Dreaming Prison. If it were up to us and our choices Tokyo would probably be dust in the wind because almost all of us sided with the Filth.

But by my guess, we'll be seeing Tokyo at minimal fuckeditude. Even though TSW's a game full of moral ambiguity and there's never really a 'good' choice, the majority of the playerbase (any playerbase, actually) wants to be Good Guys. Tokyo still won't be a pristine paradise because it's still a huge loving crater where a big disaster happened, but I figure damage otherwise will be minimal.

With how many posts on the TSW forums about "I didn't even know there was a choice I want a redo!" I could believe that through sheer pubbie stupidity Tokyo could be hosed.

I sided with the Filth because hey, they offered me a giant demon chicken to ride and power but mostly the demon chicken. And when I have a flying mount and none of you do? Oh man will you be hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

Cleretic posted:

the majority of the playerbase (any playerbase, actually) wants to be Good Guys.

At the same time, they did a pretty poor job of letting us know there was even a choice for the first dreaming (without going offsite, which the vast majority won't do), and also did a poor job of demonstrating how to make the 'good' final choice. Before someone goes off on how I'm full of poo poo and the choices were very clear, I'm talking about pubbies here; pubbies are going to make the 'evil' choice at 1 and 3 because there is no way they could stumble onto the 'good' actions (unless I'm underestimating the number of people that fell asleep with auto-run on at the first choice).

But that's okay, everyone wants to side with the filth.

Dragon: Handler, "[Chaos or something, says a bunch of words that can be used to fit any situation]" I haven't listened to this guy, but everything I've heard sounds like they stick their fingers into things just to see what happens.

Illuminati: Geary, "Oh, this group has harnessed the powers of the filth without the adverse reactions that we've seen everywhere else and you have initiated an alliance with them? That's just... absolutely wonderful. We'll use that alliance as a front to study them from the inside and take all of their knowledge and power for our own. Just a second... Alright, I've slated in that we will have complete control of the filth by 3rd quarter of next year."

Templar: Sonnac, "This is not an alliance. It is best we open the door to purge this evil once and for all rather than seal them up in a time bomb that will explode on another generation... or something like that. It hardly matters, if there is a box or a door, some idiot will always open it; Heaven help us if its a button. If there is a Hell then we're going to have to storm it and kill satan. *sighs* That's just always how these things always work."

Reverend Dr fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Jun 28, 2013

• Locked thread