Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Gorgo Primus posted:

They're... actually considering using it...?

Oh my God, this is even better than I could have hoped.

Anyway, the stream will be the cancellation of EvW and it's reboot as Shadow President 2: A Victoria Game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

Still hoping for that migratory civilization game set in the fall/aftermath of Rome

Rannos22
Mar 30, 2011

Everything's the same as it always is.

GFK posted:

No need to be anxious, the historical leaders are in and if you think we missed someone please inform us so we can examine them and include them. If you still want to opt out of the gamer generated content it's easily modable as the gamer generated content is marked in the game files so it should not be an issue at all. With regards to quality control, we are making a serious game and we have a team of extremely dedicated guys. It would be silly of us to include pink rabbits, Ewoks or zombies as ministers (Kim Il Sung excluded as he is a historical leader and Eternal President of the Republic of North Korea, despite the fact that he is dead).

Its okay guys you can mod out our terrible design decisions in our serious WW3 Cold War simulator :downs:

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

Rannos22 posted:

Its okay guys you can mod out our terrible design decisions in our serious WW3 Cold War simulator :downs:

I look forward to modding in actual historical rulers for them! While I'm at it, I'll go ahead and add some gameplay features as well, such as diplomacy. Hell, don't bother adding in an executable, I'll just whip that up myself.

(yes I know this is hyperbolic as hell but the fact that replacing political figures with random forums members and apparently possibly Snoop Lion is even possibly going to happen is hilarious especially given they could just have forums members be something like random finance ministers for parties that never gained/have no traction in certain countries, like the Canadian Communist Minister of Intelligence instead of the Canadian Communist PM)

SkySteak
Sep 9, 2010

Gorgo Primus posted:

It has begun!

Meet Canada's next Prime Minister:

This must be that fabled leader: Adam Hiller.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

DrProsek posted:

(yes I know this is hyperbolic as hell but the fact that replacing political figures with random forums members and apparently possibly Snoop Lion is even possibly going to happen is hilarious especially given they could just have forums members be something like random finance ministers for parties that never gained/have no traction in certain countries, like the Canadian Communist Minister of Intelligence instead of the Canadian Communist PM)

East vs. West only has Head of State and Head of Government.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Rejected Fate posted:

I'd guess at another Rome game.

I believe podcat or Shams or someone has ruled out a Rome 2 for the foreseeable future.

Rejected Fate
Aug 5, 2011

Autonomous Monster posted:

I believe podcat or Shams or someone has ruled out a Rome 2 for the foreseeable future.

But I want a stupidly long Mega-LP to exist :negative:

Paradox why do you not want me to throw my money at you?

Hefty Leftist
Jun 26, 2011

"You know how vodka or whiskey are distilled multiple times to taste good? It's the same with shit. After being digested for the third time shit starts to taste reeeeeeaaaally yummy."

They've just released box art from the new game:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Isn't the (code)name of their new game supposedly Cartel? I'm getting a vision of the Clausewitz engine done up in the cyberpunk style of Syndicate's mission selection screen.

meatbag
Apr 2, 2007
Clapping Larry
I'd love a trade simulator in the vein of Patrician 3 and such.

Gorgo Primus
Mar 29, 2009

We shall forge the most progressive republic ever known to man!

Kavak posted:

East vs. West only has Head of State and Head of Government.

Which is great because it allows them to fully cover the intrigue inside ruling governments and coalitions through

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
I have it on good authority that the new game is called End of History, and is a multinational corporation simulator, set immediately after East vs. West.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
I'd really like to see a new ip, just for fun. Eu4 will be released in a month or so and Vic2, ck2 and hoi3 are all pretty new and still playable (kinda).

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!

gradenko_2000 posted:

Isn't the (code)name of their new game supposedly Cartel? I'm getting a vision of the Clausewitz engine done up in the cyberpunk style of Syndicate's mission selection screen.

If its a game about playing as drug-running Central/South American dictators I'm loving in.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

You know, I was one of the people who remained cautiously optimistic about EvW. I saw all its flaws, and they worried me, but I kept thinking that they'd pull through somehow.

Now my only hope is that if this isn't cancelled, it is so bad it's good.

Pooned
Dec 28, 2005

Eye contact counters everything
Oh man, I'm so excited for the new announcement today. Please give us a sneak peak! We won't tell anyone.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

meatbag posted:

I'd love a trade simulator in the vein of Patrician 3 and such.

Have you played Patrician 4? It's basically 3 but all shiny and new :3:

meatbag
Apr 2, 2007
Clapping Larry

Beamed posted:

Have you played Patrician 4? It's basically 3 but all shiny and new :3:

I tried it a bit, but just buying ships and ordering the captains to "make profit" seemed a bit uninvolving.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Paradox, I am still holding out for that completely-out-of-the-blue, left-field unexpected bullet-hell vertical-scrolling shooter game where you play as a historical figure instead of a spaceship. :colbert:

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

:siren: Teleglitch: Die More Edition :siren:

canepazzo fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Jun 27, 2013

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Look Paradox, we all know that if you're not going to give us Laurasia Dinosties then we've got nothing more to talk about. :colbert:

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

meatbag posted:

I tried it a bit, but just buying ships and ordering the captains to "make profit" seemed a bit uninvolving.

:shrug: I never bother with that, and treat it basically like a modern take on Patrician 3.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Mister Adequate posted:

Look Paradox, we all know that if you're not going to give us Laurasia Dinosties then we've got nothing more to talk about. :colbert:

A Paradox Dinosaur-centric game seriously needs to be A Thing.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Time to show Sid Meier you can make a dinosaur game work.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

I will not be satisfied until I can play as the Orangutan Surfing Civilization.

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

DrSunshine posted:

Wegener wept.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
Sign me up for the Kanga Rat Murder Society.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
Communi-bear represent.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

DrSunshine posted:

I feel like i see a new thing every time i see peakkirby.jpg. This time what struck me was LAND BRIDGELINKED TO IRELAND

And it just occurred to me, with seeing SNOW WIZARDS, that this world is like a proto-Ooo.

e: Every single thing on there is like a Dethklok single.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

oscarthewilde posted:

Wegener wept.
Also whoever is the equivalent for meteorology. Pretty certain that world would be an icy hell

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Tulip posted:

I feel like i see a new thing every time i see peakkirby.jpg. This time what struck me was LAND BRIDGELINKED TO IRELAND

And it just occurred to me, with seeing SNOW WIZARDS, that this world is like a proto-Ooo.

ISLAND OF THE "GOD-WATCHERS" :stare:

Also, Devil Canada in the midst of an Insect Revolution!

Paradox devs, you guys should totally see if Marvel is open to licensing this map for a grand strategy game.

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

Kavak posted:

What's worse is that EvW only has Head of State and Head of Government slots

Last page, and i haven't watched the stream yet, but whats their justification for that? I mean, correct me if I'm wrong but internal politics, particularly in democracies, is kind of important, and in a game as character focused as a Cold War game needs to be...

yeah, it just doesn't make any sense to me.

Shroud
May 11, 2009
Mirage makers represent!

I think my eyes are getting old, because I keep seeing "Leopard Bra Pirate activity".

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Shroud posted:

Mirage makers represent!

I think my eyes are getting old, because I keep seeing "Leopard Bra Pirate activity".

It's pretty blurry, but it says "Leopard Sea Pirate Activity".

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

New Magicka DLC :supaburn:

I'd be alright with that.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

MinistryofLard posted:

Last page, and i haven't watched the stream yet, but whats their justification for that? I mean, correct me if I'm wrong but internal politics, particularly in democracies, is kind of important, and in a game as character focused as a Cold War game needs to be...

I don't think they know that last part. Every government policy is chosen via menu, which is actually less complex than HoI 3's system. What kind of Cold War game is it if the U.S. can't bribe Central American generals to overthrow their governments?

Arsenal of Democracy was basically a HoI2 mod with some extra mechanics attached like the idea system- nice, but not the most complicated project. Now they've decide to tackle a time period Paradox has never really dealt with before with a system that is not designed for it at all and with a bad set of priorities to boot (Seriously, what the hell is up with the boats?). They are in way, way over their heads and if "We Are The World" is any indication they don't fully realize that.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Kavak posted:

They are in way, way over their heads and if "We Are The World" is any indication they don't fully realize that.
Maybe they do realize that, and this is their way of trying to ensnare as many people as possible? Basically going off the logic that anyone who gets their picture in the game is a surefire sale. It's the perfect plan!

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Maybe they do realize that, and this is their way of trying to ensnare as many people as possible? Basically going off the logic that anyone who gets their picture in the game is a surefire sale. It's the perfect plan!

Yeah, that thought occurred to me later- they know they've got a stinker on their hands and they're hoping they can pander it into profitability.

So, who wants to start chipping in to get Patter Song a copy to LP? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Victoria 2. The game of the Forever War. France, Prussia and the Ottoman Empire are all 100% occupied. But shall the crisis end? No, because you can't make separate peace in crisis wars and warscore cannot ever move past 25% either way because of achieved occupations on both sides and the fact that completely occupying a country only gets you 33% warscore.

e: on the other hand as Belgium I'm now the 4th Great Power because I'm the only nation in mainland Europe that hasn't had it's industry trashed and I'm mostly selling guns and ammo.

Alchenar fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Jun 27, 2013

• Locked thread