Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011
i wont be on for a couple of days - a very close friend of mine died this morning. i will be flying out tonight to attend her funeral and taking some personal time, and probably wont be back until july 8.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

Eltoasto posted:

Withering is a decent heal, mine ticks for 500-600. So if it is up on 3 targets, that's 1500 for the raid. The issue is more using cooldowns and switching targets to apply it. As a tank healing chloro, you just don't have the GCD's to waste with some of the content. Tanks get blasted very quickly.

Yeah, I always used it as a supplement when AOE healing, and never during big damage phases (unless I can manage to get them up before the phase starts).

shut up gelly posted:

i wont be on for a couple of days - a very close friend of mine died this morning. i will be flying out tonight to attend her funeral and taking some personal time, and probably wont be back until july 8.

Sorry to hear that :(

Adebici
Jun 2, 2008
Please invite Slapdash

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Patch Notes posted:

* Lightning Charge: A new ability that imbues your weapon with electrical energy. Damaging attacks have a 5% chance to deal additional Air damage. Lasts 1h. This is a 0 point root ability. Does not stack with Harbinger weapon buffs.

Oh god, does this mean I don't have to look at a stupid Lightning Blade all day and can finally see my weapon when I'm not Harbinger? :woop:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I probably won't be home until 9:30-10pm, so will miss the start of the raid :(

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

shut up gelly posted:

Condolences. I know how you feel, my father died last month. :smith:

Glad I have rift, it helps take my mind off things. :sigh:

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Bussamove posted:

Oh god, does this mean I don't have to look at a stupid Lightning Blade all day and can finally see my weapon when I'm not Harbinger? :woop:

Yes, yes it does. So happy for this.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

Desmond posted:

That reminds me of something I haven't been sure of. If you die and have to purchase a soulwalk, that comes off your credits right? So, if you don't have credits, you just have to respawn?
Well first, you never have to purchase a soulwalk. And yes it deducts from current credit balance, I don't know if it's greyed out or just gives a fail message if you attempt without enough.

vibur
Apr 23, 2004
Could someone send an invite to Lexeaux?

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time
I'll probably come raid again when the cleric changes go through. So keep posting patch notes thanks <3

Graphics
Jun 9, 2003

Is PVP in this game fun and active? I'm not super into raids, and looking for something free to hold me over, so I'd be interested in Rift if PVP is an alternative to raiding.

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.

Overture posted:

Is PVP in this game fun and active? I'm not super into raids, and looking for something free to hold me over, so I'd be interested in Rift if PVP is an alternative to raiding.

The pvp is pretty much how vanilla wow pvp worked but with more battlegrounds and a variety of gimmicks to go with them.

Graphics
Jun 9, 2003

Lazy Programming posted:

The pvp is pretty much how vanilla wow pvp worked but with more battlegrounds and a variety of gimmicks to go with them.

By Vanilla WoW do you mean I'll randomly encounter other factions in the world while leveling I can attack and/or run from?

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Overture posted:

By Vanilla WoW do you mean I'll randomly encounter other factions in the world while leveling I can attack and/or run from?

It's like that on pvp servers, buy we don't play there because the game is heavily based on world events and those suck awfully if you don't play on the side with more people. BGs are much like WoW.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Overture posted:

This is true unless you play on a pvp server. Goons hate pvp.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

Bussamove posted:

This is terrible news.

Unless Lightning Blade is still 0pt and hasn't been changed at all then whatever.

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.
Guild invites caught up to this post.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Eltoasto posted:

Hmmmm, probably phase 2 of the event?
I just heard about the event here, but it doesn't look like anyone's mentioned it in here. What was phase 1?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

This is terrible news.

Unless Lightning Blade is still 0pt and hasn't been changed at all then whatever.

It's the exact same, assuming not full harbinger it's literally just an option of "do i want to look at my poo poo, or this magic sword"

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".
I replaced my motherboard and RAM today and am having BOOT issues. You'll see me in-game when it's fixed but as of now looks like I'll miss the raid.

Prel
Jan 12, 2012

Is anybody willing to write up a short primer (or perhaps point me towards something already existing) about soul viability for level 60/end game for each calling? Something simple basically like:

Rogue: All the melee dps souls are viable and close to each other in numbers, bard sucks, sab is pvp only, riftstalkers tank fine, marksman op.

Obviously I just completely made that up, but a quick rundown like that based on the current state of the game would be handy. Pretty much anything seems at least viable for leveling and there are so many options spread over the four base callings that I have no idea what is only good for leveling or solo'ing versus raiding.

glompix
Jan 19, 2004

propane grill-pilled
Joining the guild, me as glompix and fellow goon Duckie as Margaerie.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I wish I could dye my weapon because I'm love the look of the level 50 adventure plate armor.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

This is terrible news.

Lightning Blade is still in. It's an alternative for when you're not using slash attacks.

zerocrash
Apr 14, 2009

necrotic posted:

Lightning Blade is still in. It's an alternative for when you're not using slash attacks.

This exactly. The new harb weapon buff as you can see still has the 5% chance to proc a bit of damage just as lightning blade does. It's Trion's answer to players not being able to see their weapons in game anymore because harbinger as a support soul for every (not actually every) spec.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

roboticbears posted:

Is anybody willing to write up a short primer (or perhaps point me towards something already existing) about soul viability for level 60/end game for each calling? Something simple basically like:

Rogue: All the melee dps souls are viable and close to each other in numbers, bard sucks, sab is pvp only, riftstalkers tank fine, marksman op.

Obviously I just completely made that up, but a quick rundown like that based on the current state of the game would be handy. Pretty much anything seems at least viable for leveling and there are so many options spread over the four base callings that I have no idea what is only good for leveling or solo'ing versus raiding.

Well I can answer for mages.

Healing: Well Chloro is our only healing soul. 61 chloro is a great tank healer and can give nice, steady raid heals. A chloro can solo heal experts, but may need some support heals if the dps is dumb.

Support: 61 archon owns and every raid wants one, not needed for experts.

DPS: At this moment the two most popular dps specs are 61 pyro and 61 warlock. Both are very nice single target, ranged dps. 61 dom gives some insane aoe dps burst if needed. The upcoming test server notes appear to be buffing harbinger enough to be good melee dps for raiding, and we might get a harb/sc chloro spec out of it as well.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Could use an invite on Furnaceface when someones available.

Donny J
Jan 20, 2006

mr. nobody posted:

Guild invites caught up to this post.

My post got caught at the bottom of last page, I think you might have missed me by mistake. Character names are Arlaith and Braehax, and no rush, I'll be out of town for the weekend most likely.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Donny J posted:

My post got caught at the bottom of last page, I think you might have missed me by mistake. Character names are Arlaith and Braehax, and no rush, I'll be out of town for the weekend most likely.

Gotcha.

Sad Wendigo
Jul 23, 2007

Nap Ghost
I transferred my main to 3Springs and would love an invite, name Listynnia. Thanks
God what a dumb name.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Joined as Defiant, name Bupropion. Yes, I do work in psychiatry.

evilentity
Jun 25, 2010
Three springs? Wat? Wasnt it deep wood like yesterday? Should i transfer or what. Im not yet in the guild.

E: Also why is this loving loading stuck on entering world 95% of the time...

evilentity fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Jun 27, 2013

Prel
Jan 12, 2012

Eltoasto posted:

Well I can answer for mages.

Healing: Well Chloro is our only healing soul. 61 chloro is a great tank healer and can give nice, steady raid heals. A chloro can solo heal experts, but may need some support heals if the dps is dumb.

DPS: At this moment the two most popular dps specs are 61 pyro and 61 warlock. Both are very nice single target, ranged dps. 61 dom gives some insane aoe dps burst if needed. The upcoming test server notes appear to be buffing harbinger enough to be good melee dps for raiding, and we might get a harb/sc chloro spec out of it as well.

Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for. Anybody willing to take a crack at the other 3 (specifically regarding the max level content)?

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".
So? How did the raid go last night? I'm finally up and running again, but it looks like I'm a little late :( Ended up having to reformat my C: so I didn't even get up and running until ~20 minutes ago.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

evilentity posted:

Three springs? Wat? Wasnt it deep wood like yesterday? Should i transfer or what. Im not yet in the guild.

E: Also why is this loving loading stuck on entering world 95% of the time...

Wait on transfering, we will be changing servers again very soon!

As for the loading, I get that a lot if I'm alt+tabbed. Usually pressing a move button unfreezes the load.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!

Kreczor posted:

So? How did the raid go last night? I'm finally up and running again, but it looks like I'm a little late :( Ended up having to reformat my C: so I didn't even get up and running until ~20 minutes ago.
It went really well. Had a little trouble with Zaviel, but made it up to twins pretty quickly. Didn't get a chance to try them because Egeus was attacked by robots or something.
And we got Gagnum Style, so I never have to turn away from that boss again

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?

Hugoon Chavez posted:

Wait on transfering, we will be changing servers again very soon!

Is this a done deal then? Is it back to Deepwood or?

deimos
Nov 30, 2006

Forget it man this bat is whack, it's got poobrain!

Eltoasto posted:

Really Stampy? REALLY?

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

deimos posted:

Really Stampy? REALLY?

Has Stampy ever archoned?

roboticbears posted:

Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for. Anybody willing to take a crack at the other 3 (specifically regarding the max level content)?

To correct Stampy on one small thing: 61 archon is only useful in very specific circumstances (I don't ever run it anymore). 51/25 Pyro is the go-to and does solid DPS on top of providing all of the useful Archon stuff. Crucia requires a slightly different spec (58 Archon / x dom, I forget the exact spec) that helps a lot. And if you have a BM you can go like 40 archon/36 pyro (i think that's it, I can't look at mine right now) and do competitive DPS while playing off of the BM's support additions.

I can't really comment on Storm Caller outside of saying it's rarely used as more than a sub-soul, and I only use it with my soloing spec for the 8-target forked lightning.

Necromancer is dead, but can be fun (who doesn't love zombies?). Just don't expect to do competitive DPS with it.

Elementalist is good if you are super lazy and want to mash a single button. But, again, a little lower on the DPS side of things. You get a pet, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gr3y
Jul 29, 2003

StumblyWumbly posted:

It went really well. Had a little trouble with Zaviel, but made it up to twins pretty quickly. Didn't get a chance to try them because Egeus was attacked by robots or something.
And we got Gagnum Style, so I never have to turn away from that boss again

You're leaving out the single proest General Typhiria kill possible from later on, who's highlight reel includes such great lines as:
"Wait... was that the boss that I just pulled?"
"I don't think I can heal this..."
"I think I'm DC'd... are we winning?" (This was Hedo, our MT.)

• Locked thread