Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

escape artist posted:

Is "Analyze Phish" any good?

Yes.

escape artist posted:

I love Harris and Scott... but it seems like the premise could run thin pretty quickly.

It doesn't.

escape artist posted:

vvv That's a shame. vvv

He's kidding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's not dead!

Sean Clements posted:

Hey gang, sorry for the radio silence. Hayes's butt surgery had some unexpected complications and he is currently wearing a special underwear that can't be near microphones. Doctors think he will make a full recovery and we will record a new show on either the 6th of July or the following weekend. Thank you for your continued support during this trying time. I've seen preliminary photos of the finished butt and I promise it will be worth it.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Mr. Squishy posted:

Didn't it have a finale which was a 20 minute loop of Brett calling us human garbage?

He's been pretty busy lately. Also he basically did a Gelmania set at UCB two weeks ago at Put Your Hands Together. Including audio mixing and what not.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

barkingclam posted:

Speaking of shows that didn't come back, whatever happened to Gelmania?

Mike Detective :(

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Help Im Alive posted:

It's not dead!

I'm sure they're just busy on their respective shows. Sean co-write like half of last season's episodes of Workaholics so he probably got bumped up to co-producer or something now. Especially with the show being renewed for two seasons and the four leads being super busy, it wouldn't surprise me if he's the #2 guy in the writer's room now. And Hayes is writing on the last season of Eastbound and Down.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

escape artist posted:

Is "Analyze Phish" any good?

I love Harris and Scott... but it seems like the premise could run thin pretty quickly.

vvv That's a shame. vvv

I have never listened to Phish, so I have no feelings one way or the other on the band, but I love the show. It's a lot more intimate of a show since you're basically listening to two friends chat. Adam Scott shows up in episode 3 and episode 4 is amazing.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

I'm sure they're just busy on their respective shows. Sean co-write like half of last season's episodes of Workaholics so he probably got bumped up to co-producer or something now. Especially with the show being renewed for two seasons and the four leads being super busy, it wouldn't surprise me if he's the #2 guy in the writer's room now. And Hayes is writing on the last season of Eastbound and Down.

Did you not read? It was butt surgery!

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

The_Rob posted:

Did you not read? It was butt surgery!

I love those guys :allears:

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Yes.

It doesn't.

He's kidding.

Thanks. I guess everybody thinks they're podcasters and reply with sarcasm, because it's oh so funny!

Anyway, I actually have my own personal philosophy about Phish (they suck live but their studio albums are generally quite good), so I'm interested in it from that perspective too.

Thanks Conduit and Senator.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

I had never listened to Phish in my life until I listened to that show, and I think that's the proper way to go into it.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

escape artist posted:

Thanks. I guess everybody thinks they're podcasters and reply with sarcasm, because it's oh so funny!

Huh I would have said comedians.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Politicalrancor posted:

Huh I would have said comedians.

'Tis a shame you prematurely blew your troll wad, otherwise I would have been happy to regale you with a tale of pure schadenfreude from my disastrous performance a few nights back. Ah, well. Your loss.

TransatlanticFoe
Mar 1, 2003

Hell Gem

Riptor posted:

Mike Detective :(

The wait for a new season of Mike Detective is like the label on a gift to Hitler's wife: For Eva.

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

Episode 4 of Analyze Phish is just the goddamn best thing on the whole Earwolf network.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Yeah I'd never listened to phish in my life before Analyze Phish but the first three episodes were pretty enjoyable and they built up to the payoff in the 4th which was just loving fantastic.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
Am I alone in not liking eps 5 and 6 of AP?

Kremer and PFT should be gold, but somehow its not. I think they let that girl, whoever she is, talk too much.

How are u posted:

Yeah I'd never listened to phish in my life before Analyze Phish but the first three episodes were pretty enjoyable and they built up to the payoff in the 4th which was just loving fantastic.

100% truth.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Evil Agita posted:

You're alone in my book, mister!

But maybe its just because I love Jaws so much and those podcast came out right after I got the special edition blue ray so maybe I was just in the mood.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Yeah, sorry, PFT and Fero work amazingly well together and Kremer's always good when he's offering up dumb remarks.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Jon Dore on Who Charted? live right now, for anybody who likes either or both of those things.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Is the live Who Charted? laggy for anyone else?

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Fezz posted:

Is the live Who Charted? laggy for anyone else?

Yeah, I turned it off because it was going like 10 seconds on, 10 seconds off.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Evil Agita posted:

Kremer and PFT should be gold, but somehow its not. I think they let that girl, whoever she is, talk too much.

100% truth.

Doesn't Shelby Fero only show up for like the last ten minutes of the first one? I don't think you can blame her. I really liked those episodes, myself.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!

Power of Pecota posted:

Doesn't Shelby Fero only show up for like the last ten minutes of the first one? I don't think you can blame her. I really liked those episodes, myself.

I hadn't formed an opinion on her until the 2nd one. I don't know, I just expected more magic from Kremer and PFT. And they haven't done one for a long time so maybe they decided the same thing.

Or, It's quite possible I was :420: when listening to 5 and 6 and over analyzing.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
I posted this stuff over in the Comedy Podcast thread because I didn't know there was an Earwolf thread. They suggested I crosspost it here, and it seemed like a good idea. I recently got a chance to visit Earwolf and sit in (not participate as a guest or anything) on a recording of the latest episode of Professor Blastoff (the one about limb deformities). I'd be glad to answer any questions if anyone's curious about how the sausage is made. Anyway, on with the crosspost:

Finally getting around to posting my photos from Earwolf, sorry for the multi-day cocktease:

One of two recording tables. This one had a guest book on it. Let's look inside...

...after a brief stop at what I believe to be Adominian hieroglyphics.

An outline for Don Dimello's Disney's Wizard of Oz.

Another thing by Andy Daly. Not going to pretend I can decode this one. If Cactus Tony ever was a thing on the show I've long since forgotten it.

A portrait of Jason Mantzoukas by Amy Pohler.

A portrait of Paul F. Tompkins by Zachariah Galafiniah.

There was other stuff but I didn't take pictures of it because it wasn't that funny. There's also a few pictures of me chatting with Professor Blastoff people but I'm ugly and the pictures are blurry, so nope.

Last thing: It felt REALLY good to have a bitch session about how much Squarespace sucks with one of the people that convinced me to try it.

barkingclam
Jun 20, 2007

Evil Agita posted:

I hadn't formed an opinion on her until the 2nd one. I don't know, I just expected more magic from Kremer and PFT. And they haven't done one for a long time so maybe they decided the same thing.

On Who Charted a few episodes back, Kremer mentioned a bunch of them (Scott, PFT, Harris) were going to a show sometime this summer, but he dropped out so he can tour and promote his new album. I think Kulap's going now instead. So maybe we'll have one more AP by summer's end.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Holy poo poo, this post is a treasure trove. Thank you for sharing!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Speaking of Analyze Phish, :siren: BREAKING NEWS :siren:

@twittels posted:

Call in to Analyze Phish tomorrow (1:15pmPST)!!! Tell us what Phish songs I should play for @ScottAukerman to convert him. 347-514-9653

Scott has also posted about it - sounds like this will be a live recording.

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Jun 28, 2013

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

JethroMcB posted:

Speaking of Analyze Phish, :siren: BREAKING NEWS :siren:

Scott has also posted about it - sounds like this will be a live recording.

Oh gently caress yes.

As someone who is extremely picky about Phish songs, I'm going to put some thought into this and call in.

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!

Well, congrats on making me the jealousest by sitting in on a great episode of my favorite podcast and thanks for the great pics. So, um... did you shake her hand?

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Fiendly posted:

Well, congrats on making me the jealousest by sitting in on a great episode of my favorite podcast and thanks for the great pics. So, um... did you shake her hand?

Tig? Oh...just got that as I was trying this. Nope. Her arms were certainly interesting, I was glad to sit in on an episode that had such a compelling visual aspect, and was loving off the chain funny. That may be my all time favorite ending of a PBO episode.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
Was that Analyze Phish episode live today? I missed it and wasn't able to call in.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I don't think they were actually broadcasting the episode live, but yeah Harris tweeted around 3 hours ago telling people to call in.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
And news from Twitter, Nathan Rabin will be the special guest this time around. He just released a book about travelling with Phish fans and Juggalos for two years and looking at how these close-knit fan communities operate, becoming a Phish and ICP fan in the process.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

JethroMcB posted:

And news from Twitter, Nathan Rabin will be the special guest this time around. He just released a book about travelling with Phish fans and Juggalos for two years and looking at how these close-knit fan communities operate, becoming a Phish and ICP fan in the process.

I can understand becoming a Phish fan, but an ICP fan?! I have to read this book, out of sheer morbid curiosity. I wonder if he ever took a helicopter over to the Fresh-rear end Comedy Tent.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
I lost it during this week's I4H when they roped that poor reporter guy from Time Out into a scene and made him do a excerpt from a one man show.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

escape artist posted:

I can understand becoming a Phish fan, but an ICP fan?! I have to read this book, out of sheer morbid curiosity. I wonder if he ever took a helicopter over to the Fresh-rear end Comedy Tent.

Its really not hard to become an ICP fan from a lot of exposure.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Victorkm posted:

Its really not hard to become an ICP fan from a lot of exposure.

Go on. :allears:

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

I have no love for ICP but they are huge pro wrestling guys (they've wrestled for every major company, they put wrestlers in their videos, etc.) so if you take anything they do/say seriously you are being a sucker.

barkingclam
Jun 20, 2007

Groucho Marxist posted:

I lost it during this week's I4H when they roped that poor reporter guy from Time Out into a scene and made him do a excerpt from a one man show.

Yeah, this. I thought it was a fun episode overall, but the way they kept egging the guy on to do more and more was great. I'd love to hear what happened right after that scene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

barkingclam posted:

Yeah, this. I thought it was a fun episode overall, but the way they kept egging the guy on to do more and more was great. I'd love to hear what happened right after that scene.
This is why I especially love the I4H live episodes. In the audio it's always an edit point directly after Besser goes "and scene". Watching it live you see them crack up and then discuss the bit a little before moving on, I love that part!