Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bolkovr
Apr 20, 2002

A chump and a hoagie going buck wild
Do either of the solved puzzles have rotated clues in the images? I don't think so but some of you would know better.

edit: the Terminal tower in the Cleveland image... nevermind

Bolkovr fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jun 27, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rookhunter
Jun 14, 2013

Sham I Am posted:

My apologies if this has been asked and answered, but why is there no reflection of the tree in the water?

A clue perhap?
Its not clear.

Dr. Bit
Jun 14, 2005
Milwaukee

Looks like that parking structure is part of the Colby Abbott building (entrance to the structure on 767 N Milwaukee St). The Colby Abbott building is itself from 1885. The parking structure was built in the 1960's, according to this website (http://www.whatwasthere.com/browse.aspx#!/ll/43.040944,-87.906742/id/36574/info/details/zoom/14/) which shows the building that was there (at 793 N Milwaukee St), but was torn down in the 60's for the parking garage.

Combined with the fact that this building is a block and a half from City Hall, which our clues most strongly point to, I think we're looking at something Preiss was looking at.

BeardMilk
Apr 22, 2004

Dr. Bit posted:

Milwaukee

Looks like that parking structure is part of the Colby Abbott building (entrance to the structure on 767 N Milwaukee St). The Colby Abbott building is itself from 1885. The parking structure was built in the 1960's, according to this website (http://www.whatwasthere.com/browse.aspx#!/ll/43.040944,-87.906742/id/36574/info/details/zoom/14/) which shows the building that was there (at 793 N Milwaukee St), but was torn down in the 60's for the parking garage.

Combined with the fact that this building is a block and a half from City Hall, which our clues most strongly point to, I think we're looking at something Preiss was looking at.

View the three stories of Mitchell.

Has anyone considered The Milwaukee Club as a starting point? It's a 3 story mansion/social club right in the same location as City Hall, Juneau Park, and the parking garage with the collar pattern. Alexander Mitchell was one of the founders and the first President of the club. Also, up until 1986 there was a cast statue of Lincoln outside of it on E. Wisconsin Ave.

Google Map Link
Club Website

BeardMilk fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Jun 27, 2013

Dr. Bit
Jun 14, 2005
Milwaukee

BeardMilk posted:

View the three stories of Mitchell.

Has anyone considered The Milwaukee Club as a starting point? It's a 3 story mansion/social club right in the same location as City Hall, Juneau Park, and the parking garage with the collar pattern. Alexander Mitchell was one of the founders and the first President of the club. Also, up until 1986 there was a cast statue of Lincoln outside of it on E. Wisconsin Ave.

Google Map Link
Club Website

Excellent idea!

Here's a link to a description of the Lincoln statue, which is on Lincoln Memorial Dr now (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abraham_Lincoln_(Cecere)). We should definitely take a look at it and see if any features match up with the picture or the verse.

And here's info from the wiki page on its movement throughout the City of Milwaukee:

"The sculpture was originally placed on Lincoln Memorial Drive looking west. It was placed in storage in 1954 when the War Memorial Center construction began. It was subsequently placed in front of the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks Club on East Wisconsin Avenue. It was once again placed on the Lincoln Memorial Drive bridge in 1986, although the statue currently looks north, instead of west."

EDIT: so, looks like the Elks Club might have been a different building, I'm having trouble finding where it was. From this page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elk_(Milwaukee_sculpture)):

"In 1927 the Milwaukee Elks built a new lodge, called the Wonderlodge, on East Wisconsin Avenue... The Wonderlodge was razed in 1971"

And 1971 doesn't jive with the 1986 movement of the Lincoln statue. We'll have to look into this.

EDIT 2: This is from the book Outdoor Sculpture in Milwaukee: "The [Lincoln] statue was later placed in a clump of trees on city-owned park land in front of the Elks Club, facing south on East Wisconsin Avenue. With the remodeling of the Lincoln Memorial Drive bridge in 1986, the statue was returned to a site near its original location but now faces north instead of west" (p. 16)

EDIT 3: gently caress!!! It was in a park!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Step on nature
Cast in copper

EDIT 4 Added more exclamation points because holy poo poo

Dr. Bit fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Jun 27, 2013

Urban Smurf
Jun 12, 2013

Take this avatar, rotate it 180 degrees, mirror it, mark a point from the tip of the dogs noses and you will see it will line up to this image of the centaurs tail "exactly."
Cask 10 Verse 8 Milwaukee

There seems to be some versatility to these lines. I've been working on an idea based on using the word "accounts" in place of the word "stories".

account n. 1. an oral or written description of particular events or situations; narrative.

View the three stories of Mitchell = "View the three accounts of Mitchell"

If I think of the word "account" as relating to a bank, where "bank accounts" are located, then the Mitchell Building might be a fit. Alexander Mitchell was a banker. His accounts might be thought of as those three businesses established in the Mitchell Building: a bank, an insurance company, and railroad office. It might be considered that each of those businesses has it's own journal of events and so in a sense one might view the start of those three records by simply setting eyes on the building even thought it's actually five stories in the sense of building height.

Urban Smurf fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jun 27, 2013

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Urban Smurf posted:

There seems to be some versatility to these lines. I've been working on an idea based on using the word "accounts" in place of the word "stories".

account n. 1. an oral or written description of particular events or situations; narrative.

If I think of the word "account" as relating to a bank, where "bank accounts" are located, then the Mitchell Building might be a fit. Alexander Mitchell was a banker. His accounts might be thought of as those three businesses established in the Mitchell Building: a bank, an insurance company, and railroad office. It might be considered that each of those businesses has it's own journal of events and so in a sense one might view the start of those three records by simply setting eyes on the building even thought it's actually five stories in the sense of building height.

Has anyone ever offered to study your brain for medical science?

Nnep
Jun 17, 2007

3-2 2-0
Urban Smurf is going to be the one to dig up a casque. Mark my words.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Urban Smurf posted:

The etymology of "Mitchell" is from the Middle English michel, which means "big". It obviously is referring to big stories - like a newspaper. Big stories can also be lies, so look for a lake and fishermen.

Big stories could also mean a house with 10-foot ceilings, so start checking blueprints in the area. Big Three could refer to GM, Ford, and Chrysler so start checking for automobile dealerships. Or perhaps the Big Three accounting firms - that would tie in with "accounts". Start checking for CPAs in the neighborhood and see if they're named "Ford".

You've opened up a world of possibilities. I can't wait to see what you find!

rookhunter
Jun 14, 2013

Nnep posted:

Urban Smurf is going to be the one to dig up a casque. Mark my words.

If he does ill put on a tutu and post it.

allta
Mar 28, 2011
So I'm nearing the end of my Boston adventure and something had just occurred to me. Boston harbor is full of islands that are technically parks. I know Harvard-area looks really promising and all and matches more closely than Boston proper but would it be conceivable that one of the islands would match better?

I'm looking up information on them for tomorrows trip anyways so I'll just mention it if anything comes up, but it would be nice to have some input from someone more familiar with the area than I am.

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Charming, friendly, and possessed by demons.
Approach with caution.

rookhunter posted:

Careful man, we have a zero tolerance policy for stuff like that. If he digs up a cask, you're contractually obligated to fulfill your part of the deal.

crashdome
Jun 28, 2011

einTier posted:

Careful man, we have a zero tolerance policy for stuff like that. If he digs up a cask, you're contractually obligated to fulfill your part of the deal.

Yeah but, they have to be original theories. I've already covered the stuff in his theory of the three businesses of Mitchell around my third or so post in here.

If Urban Smurf comes up with an all original theory and it leads to or helps in finding a cask, I'll piss in my hat and wear it.

xie
Jul 29, 2004

I GET UPSET WHEN PEOPLE SPEND THEIR MONEY ON WASTEFUL THINGS THAT I DONT APPROVE OF :capitalism:

allta posted:

So I'm nearing the end of my Boston adventure and something had just occurred to me. Boston harbor is full of islands that are technically parks. I know Harvard-area looks really promising and all and matches more closely than Boston proper but would it be conceivable that one of the islands would match better?

I'm looking up information on them for tomorrows trip anyways so I'll just mention it if anything comes up, but it would be nice to have some input from someone more familiar with the area than I am.

They're not easy to dig on, they're not easy to get to (not hard but you need to plan it out), but mostly I just find the idea so daunting that I'd rather not acknowledge it right now.

I think the turrets are very key, and nothing matches them on the islands from my cursory googling, though who even know what it was like 31 years ago. We're having enough trouble with a major park smack in the busiest section of Cambridge.

Very Nice Eraser
May 28, 2011
Cask 6 / Saint Augustine

John Fraser, owner of the Fountain of Youth Archaeological Park property, emailed me with additional information that he said I could share with you all here.

John Fraser posted:

I will be happy to provide the background information you requested for the group. As this is our busiest time of the year, I will be brief now and get back with you in mid August when things slow down. If I were to obtain the ok from our archaeologist, in September, when the crowds have dissapated, I would like to use the sensitive ground penetrating radar the state has used here on a couple of occasions. The radar was used extensively in the cleared section of the property where the foundations of the first colony are located. Our property is 65 acres. I would say the radar was used on less than 5% of the area. Further, at one time, because of the unique design on its base, I believed that the cask was buried around our obilisk near the waterfront. But so much excavation has occurred in that area, I now believe that is unlikely. Since 1982, there have been at least ten major digs, the "unique" base was completely dug up and replaced, a 1400 foot bulkhead was constructed on the waterfront, and nine structures have been razed or added. Also, since that time, numerous near misses from hurricanes and full-blown noreasters have severely changed the landscape by having blown down many "landmark" trees and temporary additions which were used in the clues. Geese, for instance, used to live in our duck pond. Today neither the geese nor pond exist. They have been replaced by peacocks and a small coy pond in a different area of the park. In your email you referenced one of our gates. We have three. All are used for ingress and egress, but I think you may be thinking about the one at the end of Ballard Street. In 1982 we had four such "entrances, the fourth being on the north side of the property. It was closed and fenced in the 1990's. The areas just inside the park along the fence line near the two main gates have been excavated numerous times since 1982 to repair and add sewer lines for two restrooms, to add handholds for new electric service to the restrooms and planetarium, and to add foundation material to the base of the tabby wall to shore it up. Also, in the late 1990's the west wall and coquina gate hinge tower were vaporized by a Pepsi truck driver going too fast. It was excavated and rebuilt. There is alot more history as it relates to the Secret I am happy to share with you. I am just a little pressed for time now. I will keep your email and if something changes near term, I will give you a call. Feel free to stay in touch and look forward to a call from me in late August.

Really fascinating info!

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Very Nice Eraser posted:

Cask 6 / Saint Augustine
Really fascinating info!

Now just imagine how the same is true for pretty much every cask.

Very Nice Eraser
May 28, 2011

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

We're lucky that for cask 6 the property owner is on board and wants to get back into the search. I imagine many of the other properties don't have the same personnel that they had in 1982.

Edit: somebody earlier in the thread asked if there is a one poem to one picture to one casque relationship. The introduction to the book, titled 'The Tale, Simply Told', says...

quote:

Across North America, twelve treasures are waiting. The key to each requires the proper combination of one treasure painting with one treasure verse. You need only decipher the clues in any pair to learn the location of a treasure casque.

This also implies that the rest of the book doesn't contain clues, which agrees with what the author himself said, and the fact that the humorous stories ('Elf S. Presley', 'Maitre D'eamon', 'Tuppenwerewolves') were written by different authors.

Very Nice Eraser fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Jun 28, 2013

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Very Nice Eraser posted:

This also implies that the rest of the book doesn't contain clues, which agrees with what the author himself said, and the fact that the humorous stories ('Elf S. Presley', 'Maitre D'eamon', 'Tuppenwerewolves') were written by different authors.

According to BJG, Preiss only said that the part after the verses (the silly "Field Guide") is irrelevant. The story itself is about 30 pages of references to ancient legends of exploration from both the Old and New Worlds, telling the story of the migration of the various fairies to North America. It isn't clear just how relevant the serious story portion is, whether he embedded clues there for us or what.

The book itself is fairly short. It was scanned and uploaded here, so everyone should read it just for the background, if nothing else.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
That Milwaukee parking garage find makes me think Cathedral Square park again. You can see City Hall from there, it's in a direct line with the garage. The Immigrant Mother statue, with the hood and with the bronze mimicking the patina on the portrait's cloak is too perfect of a fit with the puzzle's theme.

Urban Smurf
Jun 12, 2013

Take this avatar, rotate it 180 degrees, mirror it, mark a point from the tip of the dogs noses and you will see it will line up to this image of the centaurs tail "exactly."

Abugadu posted:

That Milwaukee parking garage find makes me think Cathedral Square park again. You can see City Hall from there, it's in a direct line with the garage. The Immigrant Mother statue, with the hood and with the bronze mimicking the patina on the portrait's cloak is too perfect of a fit with the puzzle's theme.

If I recall, I had a theory awhile ago that the line "from woman, with harpsichord" related to the Immigrant Mother statue since "a baby" is "from woman".

Dr. Bit
Jun 14, 2005
Milwaukee

Still can't find information on the Elks Lodge (called the Wonderlodge, torn down in 1971) that was on E Wisconsin Ave. We need to focus on this for a minute, because the Lincoln statue was in front of it in a city park when Preiss was there. It was moved back onto Lincoln Memorial Drive in 1986. The statue faced south, so presumably the park was on the north side of the street. I think the park's gone now (or it's that small park at the east end of Wisconsin Ave).

This could very well be our
Step on nature
Cast in copper

And knowing at least where this was might give us some direction in the chronology of the verse.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

rookhunter posted:

You may want to brush up on the SAclopedia article for "Toxx Clause." Something Awful is a place where a moderator made good on his promise that if a guy who made a lovely post hosed an Erlenmeyer flask (for science) and posted proof, he would eat his hat.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

If for no other reason, I think the inevitability of renovations is a reason to doubt that Cask 12 is in any of the biggest cities in the US. It makes no sense for Preiss to have buried the cask associated with the most obscure picture in a place with such a high risk of it being destroyed or lost in routine construction.

Deteriorata posted:

The book itself is fairly short. It was scanned and uploaded here, so everyone should read it just for the background, if nothing else.
Aside from the treasure hunt, the rest of the book is pretty funny and worth reading.

Urban Smurf posted:

If I recall, I had a theory awhile ago that the line "from woman, with harpsichord" related to the Immigrant Mother statue since "a baby" is "from woman".
A broken clock may be right twice a day, but a melting clock can point in every direction at once.

crashdome
Jun 28, 2011

Dr. Bit posted:

Milwaukee

Still can't find information on the Elks Lodge (called the Wonderlodge, torn down in 1971) that was on E Wisconsin Ave. We need to focus on this for a minute, because the Lincoln statue was in front of it in a city park when Preiss was there. It was moved back onto Lincoln Memorial Drive in 1986. The statue faced south, so presumably the park was on the north side of the street. I think the park's gone now (or it's that small park at the east end of Wisconsin Ave).

Step on nature
Cast in copper

And knowing at least where this was might give us some direction in the chronology of the verse.

Wait a second...

Are you referring to this? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elk_(Milwaukee_sculpture)

Because that wasn't the Lincoln Statue. I was under the assumption it was "stored" at the time Preiss was in Milwaukee.

edit: OK, I just saw your earlier post. I would confirm that material with another source first. Like you said, the dating doesn't jive.

EDIT 2:
Found this:

quote:

After 21 years of dignified vigil and due to plans for a memorial center, the statue was taken down and put to rest in the "catacombs" under the bridge structure. Much discussion as to a new location for the statue followed-north of McKinley beach, Lincoln high school, on the south side-before its rededication on Feb.12, 1959, on park land in front of the Elks club.
http://content.mpl.org/cdm/singleitem/collection/RememberWhe/id/24/rec/2

And this dated in 1971:

quote:

The sidewalk superintendents are back at the Elks Club, but this time for the demolition of the building, which began in late October and will continue for two months.
http://content.mpl.org/cdm/singleitem/collection/RememberWhe/id/97/rec/1

which led to this: http://collections.lib.uwm.edu/cdm/singleitem/collection/gfmmke/id/364

910 E WISCONSIN AVENUE

Basically it never moved very far from it's current location.

All this is really fascinating. Although, it would only confirm that the cask is along Lake Drive. It doesn't get us any closer than we are.

Although the last lines which indicate "a letter to the country" fit well with the Lincoln Statue's inscriptions. Maybe the versus indicate a circle and we are supposed to end up by the statue again? If so, it all went to crap in 1986 when it moved. There is no telling how much was dug up around it during the move.

edit again: fixed something

crashdome fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Jun 28, 2013

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Dr. Bit posted:

Milwaukee

Step on nature
Cast in copper

Here' s a postcard from 1928 I found of it:

It appears to be right on the corner of E. Wisconsin and Prospect. The white building behind it is still there, and the land where the Elk's lodge was is a park.

PunkNickel
Oct 29, 2011

Very Nice Eraser posted:

Edit: somebody earlier in the thread asked if there is a one poem to one picture to one casque relationship. The introduction to the book, titled 'The Tale, Simply Told', says...

That would've been me, atleast the most recent person to ask the question. Thanks for clarification. I really want to get my hands on a copy of the book.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

GWBBQ posted:

If for no other reason, I think the inevitability of renovations is a reason to doubt that Cask 12 is in any of the biggest cities in the US. It makes no sense for Preiss to have buried the cask associated with the most obscure picture in a place with such a high risk of it being destroyed or lost in routine construction.

But didn't the artists draw the pictures after he buried the casks? He might not have intended the pictures to be so vague.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Milwaukee

Deteriorata posted:

the land where the Elk's lodge was is a park.

Ding ding ding ding ding! This is sounding promising.

nocal
Mar 7, 2007
I'm gonna throw a few ideas at Cask 1, which has gotta be Verse 7 for San Francisco.

"air is sweet" immediately struck me as Ghirardelli -- confirmed by the "Gh" on the woman's outfit.

"object of Twain's attention" could be the Mark Twain hotel, which could point in the direction of Coit Tower (I checked, and it was named the Mark Twain during the great depression).

"Giant pole Giant step" sounds like the statue in front of Coit Tower -- perhaps buried at the feet of the statue, where there is a tiny fenced garden area.

Alternately, if we look at the dress and see the location of the yin yang symbol, that lines up with the windmills in Golden Gate Park...perhaps the "Giant pole"? Additionally, the symbol at the bottom of the dress would line up with the gate on the Haight side of the park.

I'd have to throw my first guess at Coit Tower, and second guess at the park windmill.

Guuse
May 11, 2009

Deteriorata posted:

Here' s a postcard from 1928 I found of it:

It appears to be right on the corner of E. Wisconsin and Prospect. The white building behind it is still there, and the land where the Elk's lodge was is a park.

This 1963 shot from historicaerials.com seems to show a square object with something roundish inside it in front of what I think is the same building. Unfortunately this is the last photo before the 80's -- the rest are just street plans. It could be the statue from above, though.

crashdome
Jun 28, 2011
That whole plot of land was tore up based on old vs new images I found. If Lincoln was the starting point then no big deal. If it's the end (it is just one block south of the "wonderstone" and has a quote from his inaugural address), the cask is long gone.

Oswald Kesselpot
Jan 14, 2008

HONK HONK HONK

BJG posted:

For me the gate fits the image better, but the map fits the verse better. Judging the map theory on the image is a bit unfair, since the verse fits great IMHO. Re: image matches, bear in mind that the people working on this hunt have never had any decent photos of that area to toy with, and you're not going to find another Grant Park, no way Jose. (FOY is solid as a rock in most people's opinion, with no image match except Ponce in a different posture as a general clue for the park, not unlike the Roanoke map.)
I think, at this point, Roanoke needs people on the ground looking for matches and clues from the image. I know a few people / residents / workers have looked already but they haven't really found much beyond what we have discussed in this thread, as I recall. Hopefully, the clues are still there and just being missed or they are found in a different location.

allta
Mar 28, 2011

Sham I Am posted:

I think, at this point, Roanoke needs people on the ground looking for matches and clues from the image. I know a few people / residents / workers have looked already but they haven't really found much beyond what we have discussed in this thread, as I recall. Hopefully, the clues are still there and just being missed or they are found in a different location.

Once the off season turns up having scouts should be a lot easier. As it stands right now the summer season is in full swing there and the prices are so inflated its almost ridiculous. Come September/October I can almost see it feasible for me to make a vacation there for some relaxing/cask hunting but definitely not now when it would cost an arm and a leg.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Andorra posted:

But didn't the artists draw the pictures after he buried the casks? He might not have intended the pictures to be so vague.
That's also possible, although I imagine he gave some sort of direction on how much to include. Looking at it from another angle, I guess it's also possible that he thought 12 was so blatantly obvious that it didn't need more clues.

yippeekiyaymf
May 16, 2002

You seriously have issues.

Go catch more racoons in a net and step away from the computer.

This is completely nuts but after reading the post about how are we certain none are in Los Angeles and seeing this image, all I see in this picture is Eagle Rock.

Cosmik Debris
Sep 12, 2006

The idea of a place being called "Chuck's Suck & Fuck" is, first of all, a little hard to believe

yippeekiyaymf posted:

This is completely nuts but after reading the post about how are we certain none are in Los Angeles and seeing this image, all I see in this picture is Eagle Rock.

Los Angeles has literally nothing not as much to do with spain, and there's a pretty prominant spanish conquistador there. Florida is really the only US state with a strong connection to spain.

e: ok so california was spanish until 1821. Didn't know that.

Cosmik Debris fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Jun 28, 2013

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Cosmik Debris posted:

Los Angeles has literally nothing to do with spain, and there's a pretty prominant spanish conquistador there. Florida is really the only US state with a strong connection to spain.

Cleveland has almost nothing to do with Greece, and yet...

Cosmik Debris
Sep 12, 2006

The idea of a place being called "Chuck's Suck & Fuck" is, first of all, a little hard to believe
Nothing in america has anything to do with ancient greece, though, their culture was nothing but history by 1607. Whereas the spanish, like, owned florida. For a while.

Also the painting has a beach, water, and palm trees, and given florida's well known connection with Spain I think its pretty obvious.

Very Nice Eraser
May 28, 2011

Nocheez posted:

Cleveland has almost nothing to do with Greece, and yet...

The conquistador imagery, the shape of the Castillo on the flag, the palm tree, the rough outline of the state of Florida, and of course all the extremely specific clues in the poem that point to the Fountain of Youth, pretty much nails it down to Saint Augustine, Florida.

SolidFrog
Jul 27, 2006

Allll reds!!

BJG posted:

JJP was from Cleveland and helped with the Cleveland location. The Grecian Garden was his idea. "I told Byron, I think I have a good spot."

http://www.angelfire.com/dragon/egbert/secret.html

Sean Kelly was from Montreal. If there's a casque in Montreal, it's quite possible he knows that.

I tried emailing him once, ages ago, and he didn't reply. He apparently teaches at the Pratt Institute in NYC. Does anyone else want to try contacting him, preferably grabbing him by the lapels, and try to get something out of him?

http://www.pratt.edu/academics/liberal_arts_and_sciences/graduate_media_studies/faculty_and_staff/bio/?id=skelly

Be very circumspect. Stalk him like a wild animal.

Stared lurking this thread from the start. I have felt from the start that the location is St. Louis, not Montreal. It could just be due to the fact that I live in Missouri and want one to be here. After my wife and I worked out some solid leads, I sent Sean Kelly a email to see if he could tell me if I was on the right track. ( I had not yet found out that he had nothing to do with the casks.) I got a short reply from him, telling me as such and that Byron did not share any of the cask information with him, and from what he knew the other authors.

That being said the Montreal theories have good evidence, I just do not think anyone should be under the impression that its a location because Sean Kelly is from there. In my research Forrest Park, and Tower Grove Park are both strong possibilities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
I wasn't arguing with the conclusions, just the logic. We can't dismiss something because _____ has nothing to do with ______.