Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

sassassin posted:

If this Barca business doesn't work out for him he could always go have a career as a pro wrestler.

Nah, he can't sell for poo poo, he'd be laughed out immediately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

It's ludicrous that I could get a season ticket at Borussia Dortmund, Bayern Leverkusen or Bayern Munich for WAY less than I'd have to pay at my local shithole Finnish club.

Fake edit: poo poo, the cheapest ticket at Bayern Munich, European Champions 2013, is the same price as the absolute cheapest, "you have to stand with a bunch of mutants" ticket at my club :psyduck:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
The Dortmund and Exeter comparison is a bit dumb but otherwise the prices are ridiculous in Germany

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

Der Shovel posted:

It's ludicrous that I could get a season ticket at Borussia Dortmund, Bayern Leverkusen or Bayern Munich for WAY less than I'd have to pay at my local shithole Finnish club.

You couldn't. From my understanding those tickets are extremely limited and have long waiting lists. There's a lot of selective use of numbers in that picture, I would personally call it a propaganda infographic.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

jyrka posted:

You couldn't. From my understanding those tickets are extremely limited and have long waiting lists. There's a lot of selective use of numbers in that picture, I would personally call it a propaganda infographic.
What are they misleadingly leaving out?

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

Vegetable posted:

None of the little information bits are fair and balanced in my opinion but if I had to say one important thing that was left out, it would be the fact that EPL is a much bigger league than GBL(German Bundes Liga) as illustrated by ticket prices and TV deal money.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

jyrka posted:

Well yeah, obviously if there's like five 80€ season tickets available for Bayern then that's crap and the whole infograph is misleading. But big waiting lists aren't exactly an eliminating factor, IMO. It wasn't that long ago (and possibly still is) that you had to wait for years and years to get season tickets for, say, United or Liverpool.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Still, the cheapest season ticket for Arsenal is almost £1000 :stare:

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

beedeebee posted:

Still, the cheapest season ticket for Arsenal is almost £1000 :stare:

IIRC you get cup games and such included which you don't get at most other clubs so the average price per match isnt that different between the "big clubs". Anyway, the prices are ridiculous but that's just how the Premier League does things.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

Vegetable posted:

In the infographic they use reduced season ticket prices for German clubs (e.g. for disabled persons in Bayern's case) but not for PL clubs. It is pretty inconsistent and I only checked like 3 PL teams.

This thing posted by Ephex in the bundesliga thread has other prices (prices from left to right are stands, cheapest seats, expensive seats, total):

elbkaida fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Jun 27, 2013

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Safe standing I feel is a big factor in cheaper ticket prices.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
Pictures of Iain Dowie always make me laugh.

Purno
Aug 6, 2008

Remember when Emre racially abused Didier Zokora last year and as a retaliation he (and his teammates) then proceeded to kick the poo poo of him when they next met?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-m0TC_rtm0

Well, about a month ago they met again in the Turkish Cupfinal and it doesn't seem like they've made up since:

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.
That video had me cracking the gently caress up. Talk about a team sticking up for their man.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

Purno posted:

Remember when Emre racially abused Didier Zokora last year and as a retaliation he (and his teammates) then proceeded to kick the poo poo of him when they next met?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-m0TC_rtm0

Well, about a month ago they met again in the Turkish Cupfinal and it doesn't seem like they've made up since:

Still love that video, fair play to his team mates.

Big Black Dick
Mar 20, 2009

TheGoatFeeder posted:

Still love that video, fair play to his team mates.

The thing that always amazes me is after getting his balls kicked into his throat he still puts his loving arm up.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

jyrka posted:

None of the little information bits are fair and balanced in my opinion but if I had to say one important thing that was left out, it would be the fact that EPL is a much bigger league than GBL(German Bundes Liga) as illustrated by ticket prices and TV deal money.

To be fair, they don't mention either that City sell approximately eight tickets for £299 and the rest are far more expensive

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

FullLeatherJacket posted:

To be fair, they don't mention either that City sell approximately eight tickets for £299 and the rest are far more expensive

It's not so much the amount of them that City sell, although they are limited to a few hundred, it's that they seat you in a location of their choosing, so i'm assuming right at the top, right at the back. It's a big jump from there as well, so it is kind of misleading, I think from that £299 it jumps to about £450.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

I'm the guy in the background loving up the photobomb

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
i'd hit it

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

GRIM AND FROSTBITTEN KINGDOMS

T. Finninho posted:

I'm the guy in the background loving up the photobomb

Is that Iain Dowie

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:

top response on reddit: "get off his shoulder"

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
My first thought was that it's Kuyt.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

He does look good with the stubble, agreed

Kempo
Oct 8, 2006

Someone I know said on Facebook that she met him and his missus in a club in Ibiza the other day, guess she was telling the truth.

WHAT A BREAKFAST
Jan 13, 2006
I don't know about those 80€ for the cheapest Bayern season ticket..IF there is one, it's definitely u21.
Cheapest season ticket in the stands is 140€ next season (it was 120€ the years before, but that's the first raise ever since we started playing in the hell of Fröttmaning).

/e: to contribute a picture I didn't see here before: Udinese after they beat Inter...guess the result ;)

WHAT A BREAKFAST fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jun 27, 2013

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

WHAT A BREAKFAST posted:

I don't know about those 80€ for the cheapest Bayern season ticket..IF there is one, it's definitely u21.
Cheapest season ticket in the stands is 140€ next season (it was 120€ the years before, but that's the first raise ever since we started playing in the hell of Fröttmaning).

It's bullshit.
Cheapest season ticket is for the stands and costs €140.
The one for €80 is for the handicapped places.

Also I'm glad they raised the prices after their record breaking season where they easily made €80m or more from the CL run alone t:mad:t

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Adulterous Hitler posted:

It's bullshit.

Also I'm glad they raised the prices after their record breaking season where they easily made €80m or more from the CL run alone t:mad:t

:sotw: My Galaxy season ticket is $350 for General Admission(stands).

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

WHAT A BREAKFAST posted:

/e: to contribute a picture I didn't see here before: Udinese after they beat Inter...guess the result ;)

I like that in addition to stealing the scoreboard, Di Natale managed to get a hold of the referees uniform.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

T. Finninho posted:

He does look good with the stubble, agreed

He moved into the Pirlo and Alonso role.. it's only natural he follows suit.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Adulterous Hitler posted:

It's bullshit.

Stoke's tickets are also a lot cheaper than that if you get the earlybird discount or wait until the potential sale at the end for the leftovers. Also we have cheaper tickets for parents taking their kids and also the 36 quid season ticket for under 10s in the family area.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

franks
Jan 1, 2007

Alcoholism is the only
disease you can get
yelled at for having.

Are there any museum curators in the house?

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

We need a gif wizard to remove Gargano from it first.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
Found another:

franks
Jan 1, 2007

Alcoholism is the only
disease you can get
yelled at for having.
Someone sent me this link of 'shopped Neymar gifs earlier and I was offended that they would cramp Finn's style like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aellisr
Oct 11, 2007

Alveolar fibrosis don't give a damn.

I can never come to a conclusion as to whether Pirlo is just insanely self critical, and that is why he is always so :smith: even after doing something awesome, or if he is just not programmed for the emotion of happiness.

That's better :unsmith:

• Locked thread