Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I'd guess it's slightly higher than the drivetrain loss for stickers, seeing as they aren't affixed quite as permanently, but stickers are only 1-10hp each, so it sorta balances out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Rhyno posted:

My friend has "Gojira" on her GTR. Indiana is pretty slack on custom plates.

Is that a rule for GTRs? I don't think I've ever seen one without a custom Godzilla license plate.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

FogHelmut posted:

Is that a rule for GTRs? I don't think I've ever seen one without a custom Godzilla license plate.

I have never seen one with one :confuoot:

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
http://jalopnik.com/this-terrifying-bentley-donk-is-actually-a-chrysler-601562577

:stare:

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
Is that a projector screen under the hood? What the hell

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

At least they didn't ruin a real Bentley

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

`Nemesis posted:

Is that a projector screen under the hood? What the hell

Ahahaha, and it's projecting the iPad in the center cluster too.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009
So I can drive down the road with the hood open, using Google Street View.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Zamboni Apocalypse posted:

So I can drive down the road with the hood open, using Google Street View.

heads up display

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Linedance posted:

heads up display

hoods up display

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

I like to think of it as the evolution of the drive-in movie theater: the personal drive-in movie theater.

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
That interior is neither crocodile nor alligator. :mad:

Farmdizzle
May 26, 2009

Hagel satan
Grimey Drawer
A few years ago, during a layoff from another job, I worked for an oil change shop in south Everett, WA. Let's just say it rhymes with "Iffy Lube."
Anyway one day I arrived at work to find this sweet machine in the bay:

The owner was a girl who I was assuming was in her late teens-early 20's, and was there with an older gentleman who we assumed was her father and was making sure she had her car properly maintained. Her outfit was, well kinda whorish. But this is south Snohomish County and you really just can't tell in those parts sometimes.

That is we assumed he was her dad until he started grabbing her rear end and whispering in her ear. They left the car with us while they went to the Motel 6 next door for an hour. When she came back to pay she was slurring her speech and could barely stand up straight. She only drove back over to the motel so we decided to forgo calling the Sheriff.

God, I hated even being in that neighborhood.

Also that Lambo-door kit felt about as cheap as you'd imagine.

e:I've looked at these pics so many times and I'm always focused on the doors and the lovely rims. I just now noticed the fitment on the lower grille :laffo:

Farmdizzle fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Jun 28, 2013

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Kind of car-ish, but seen in the parking garage at work. Bottom level in a handicap spot and covered with a regular motorcycle cover...

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Kind of car-ish, but seen in the parking garage at work. Bottom level in a handicap spot and covered with a regular motorcycle cover...

What am I missing? It's got a handicap sticker attached to it.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
How many people with -real- handicaps are able to ride a motorcycle, then put a tarp over it after they get to their arrival?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

veedubfreak posted:

How many people with -real- handicaps are able to ride a motorcycle, then put a tarp over it after they get to their arrival?

People that buy Can-Ams.

This is not a compliment.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

veedubfreak posted:

people who can't walk so good?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

veedubfreak posted:

For people with -real- handicaps, the can-am is probably the only factory bike they can ride.

The guy could be 90, barely able to walk, but still too cool for a cage.

Frankenstein
Jul 29, 2005

veedubfreak posted:

If the Can-Am has an automatic transmission, it would not have a clutch handle and most likely has a rear brake handle in it's place; I've seen automatic 4-wheelers like this. So theoretically someone who is missing both legs say below the knee could ride one since you don't have a shifter on the left foot and the rear brake can be actuated from the handlebar.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

I'm barely able to walk many days and I still wouldn't be seen on a Can-Am.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

People in my city loving love Can Ams. I've seen about 5 of them within the past month driving around.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
It fits the terrible thread just because it's a Can-Am.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Can-Ams are OK if the rider is actually handicapped. Not everyone has the time/money to build a wheelchair-ready sidecar hack for a Ducati Monster.

Tactical Bonnet
Nov 5, 2005

You'd be distressed too if some pile of bones just told you your favorite hat was stupid.

veedubfreak posted:

People like my 80 year-old grandfather. :colbert:

Although he rides one of these:

...in purple. :gay:

Viking Blood
Jun 17, 2005

The hammer of the Gods will drive our riffs to new lands

Rugoberta Munchu posted:

That interior is neither crocodile nor alligator. :mad:

over and over and over

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe
Ok then, mystery solved. Speaking of handicap bikes. What is it with these bikes that have full on training wheels. Not even a trike, the bike has 4 drat wheels. Doesn't that make it a car?

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Frankenstein posted:

If the Can-Am has an automatic transmission, it would not have a clutch handle and most likely has a rear brake handle in it's place; I've seen automatic 4-wheelers like this. So theoretically someone who is missing both legs say below the knee could ride one since you don't have a shifter on the left foot and the rear brake can be actuated from the handlebar.

Saw a guy with one leg missing just above the knee riding one the other day, in fact.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

veedubfreak posted:

Ok then, mystery solved. Speaking of handicap bikes. What is it with these bikes that have full on training wheels. Not even a trike, the bike has 4 drat wheels. Doesn't that make it a car?
In the UK it would probably be a "light quadricycle", which is the class ATVs count as if you road-register them.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Seems like the handicap placard would be very easy to steal.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

JaysonAych posted:

Seems like the handicap placard would be very easy to steal.

It wouldn't be hard to identify when stolen either. You would probably end up with one of those mugshots where the guy is duct-taped to the chair so he can remain upright.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Why the hell is it covered to begin with?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

angryhampster posted:

Why the hell is it covered to begin with?

Shame.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

This is why you shouldn't carry a bunch of paint in your SUV :v:

bigman.50grand
Mar 31, 2007
no

kastein posted:

I'd guess it's slightly higher than the drivetrain loss for stickers, seeing as they aren't affixed quite as permanently, but stickers are only 1-10hp each, so it sorta balances out.

Kill-9
Aug 2, 2004

You've got the cutest little baby face...

Oh poo poo! Hey, man, are you okay? Hold on. I gotta get a picture of this for the Interwebs. Then I'll help you out.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Kill-9 posted:

Oh poo poo! Hey, man, are you okay? Hold on. I gotta get a picture of this for the Interwebs. Then I'll help you out.

Seriously, at first glance I assumed the guy was dead because who's standing there taking pictures before they even get the guy out of the vehicle and some medical attention?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I know for a fact I'd take a photo first.

I'm a bad friend is what I'm saying :v:

Bone_Enterprise
Aug 9, 2005

Inception Cigars
www.inceptioncigars.com

This picture made me think of that scene from "Team America" where the puppet was vomiting all over the loving place in the alley.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
The one day I didn't bring my dashcam.
M5 doing a U-turn on a large intersection decides to floor it during the turn. Does 270 degrees of spin inches from crossing back over the median into the cars who were just behind him, but sloppily corrects it in time. :doh:

You lose all common sense for women (there were a couple of attractive college chicks at the crosswalk).
...I of course launched when the light turned. :unsmith: