Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Not me, since my exams start on the 11th :(

Also, I remember an excerpt of a stand-up Oliver and Zaltzman did, in which one of the jokes are both play acting as various characters, including a florist, discussing politics. Does anyone remember which episode this is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!
Its it's a success, then it's great news for John, and if it's a flop, then maybe professor Duncan can return to Community's fifth season! :v:

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Or we could get that Dick Pants spinoff.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
It's only 22 minutes....Watch it.

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.

BizarroAzrael posted:

Or we could get that Dick Pants spinoff.

Personally I'm hoping for a televisual re-imagining of The Congressman's Penis.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!
I hope John actually does the Daily Show like this

McBeth
Jul 11, 2006
Odeipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad posted:

Personally I'm hoping for a televisual re-imagining of The Congressman's Penis.

I'd prefer it with a mime, like the one in the Aristocrats.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
When did the trend of posting 'funny' things to the Bugle facebook start? I like sophisticated dick jokes and puns, not recycled 9gag meme pictures :colbert:

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Zsinjeh posted:

When did the trend of posting 'funny' things to the Bugle facebook start? I like sophisticated dick jokes and puns, not recycled 9gag meme pictures :colbert:

Yeah. I had to hide the facebook page from my feed the other day for that reason. It's gotten really bad.

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001
The Bugle twitter feed just announced that this weeks episode will feature the long awaited return of The American.

gently caress yeah.

BobTheCow
Dec 11, 2004

That's a thing?
I'm apparently in the minority, I've never really cared for The American's shtick. But then again, I loved The Congressman's Penis and Andy's pun runs, so maybe I'm just broken.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

thefncrow posted:

The Bugle twitter feed just announced that this weeks episode will feature the long awaited return of The American.

gently caress yeah.

Perhaps John will revisit his rendition of the National Anthem--the version about hitting baseballs off of the flight deck of an aircraft carrier into a swarm of jet-skis.

It is the most fitting tribute to The American.

Bolek
May 1, 2003

Is there a way to get my hands on episodes before 179 or are those behind the Great Wall of Newscorp?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Bolek posted:

Is there a way to get my hands on episodes before 179 or are those behind the Great Wall of Newscorp?

Here you go
http://gamesplusone.com/thebugle/

Bolek
May 1, 2003

Thanks a bunch!

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

If you're wanting them on iTunes, they are still on the iTunes Store but I think there's one missing there (I downloaded all the old ones from that Gamesplusone archive and have 215 files, and there are 214 listed on iTunes)

Bolek
May 1, 2003

onoflalks posted:

If you're wanting them on iTunes, they are still on the iTunes Store but I think there's one missing there (I downloaded all the old ones from that Gamesplusone archive and have 215 files, and there are 214 listed on iTunes)

I had searched for this feed some time ago on the podcast app I use (Downcast) and it didn't come up with anything. I just tried it again and it popped right up. This is awesome!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
This week's bonusode reveals that John thinks that T.S. Eliot wrote The Rime of the Ancient Mariner.

ieatsoap6
Nov 4, 2009

College Slice
I slipped out of my Bugle listening habit for a few weeks while they were on break, but the emails section made me go back and listen to the short bit released on July 12. I highly recommend everyone who hasn't listened to it to do so immediately. It's certainly something.

Kaotac
Jan 26, 2008
Slave Collector
I started listening a couple of months ago and I've listened to 201 so far..

I think the best part was the email they received from the doctor who had to go to see the dead man after listening to Andy's death based football chants.

"Dear Andy, John and Chris in order who is more likely to get me struck off the medical registrar.."

gently caress you Chris!

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

Kaotac posted:

I think the best part was the email they received from the doctor who had to go to see the dead man after listening to Andy's death based football chants.

"Dear Andy, John and Chris in order who is more likely to get me struck off the medical registrar.."

gently caress you Chris!

That was great but I still like the stupid buildings bit more. That absolutely floored me.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Episode 99 is one of the best. Cathedral + Berlesconi + Violence = :getin:

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Kaotac posted:

gently caress you Chris!

You're cold! You're stiff! Your family's quite miffed! You're deeeeeaaaaad!

I still think cold and wet weaver is the best Bugle moment, either for the pun and its delivery, or for John's reaction. :allears:

ieatsoap6
Nov 4, 2009

College Slice
I love the third birthday special (131?) where it's Andy, John, Chris, and Tom, with Andy and Tom being drunk. I think that one relies on being really familiar with the show, but it's great hearing them dicking around.

zonar
Jan 4, 2012

That was a BAD business decision!

mrpwase posted:

You're cold! You're stiff! Your family's quite miffed! You're deeeeeaaaaad!
God, what episode was that? I remember doubling over laughing at it, but I can't remember the episode at all. It was in the "best of 2012" compilation, but gently caress that.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator

Allan Assiduity posted:

God, what episode was that? I remember doubling over laughing at it, but I can't remember the episode at all. It was in the "best of 2012" compilation, but gently caress that.

Episode 206, September 21st 2012, 'The President is not a gremlin' episode. Starting from 16:13.

I originally thought, from Kaotac's post, that it was before episode 201, but thankfully the bugle main soundcloud page shows comments and few commenters pointed out the 'football chant'. The summary of the episode also says the same thing.

I listened to three past Bugle episodes because of your misleading post, Kaotac :mad: I'm supposed to do something.

Kaotac
Jan 26, 2008
Slave Collector
Whoops. I meant to type "I've listened from 201 so far".. The chants are in 206 and the email is in 207 "UN-believable"..

I'm a little annoyed, but at iTunes, because it won't let me put the episodes from the archive into the same 'folder' as the ones I have downloaded from iTunes.. so I have two The Bugle folders.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Berlusconi back on the Bugle, and more sensational material. I liked deeming him the sexual assaulter's sexual assaulter and how electing him is like getting another blowjob from the same crocodile with your eighth consecutive penis.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
The crocodile line was absolutely amazing.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

John saying "You're a professional rear end in a top hat" is one of my favorite things they've done all year.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

Jet Jaguar posted:

John saying "You're a professional rear end in a top hat" is one of my favorite things they've done all year.

That whole cricket commentary sketch was incredible, I love Andy's South African-esque accent.

Holy poo poo, the Russian geography pun run in today's Bugle is loving incredible

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

onoflalks posted:

That whole cricket commentary sketch was incredible, I love Andy's South African-esque accent.

Holy poo poo, the Russian geography pun run in today's Bugle is loving incredible

The most disturbing bell this side of Breaking Bad.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
I could feel John and Chris's pain every time that bell rang.

toanoradian
May 31, 2011

The happiest waffligator
Are British people more knowledgeable of Russian geography or something? I expected Andy to insert explanations of what geographical features he's using in between every pun, like the time he did North Korean puns.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

toanoradian posted:

Are British people more knowledgeable of Russian geography or something? I expected Andy to insert explanations of what geographical features he's using in between every pun, like the time he did North Korean puns.

I think because he has his PunBell™ now, he doesn't have to point out the puns by telling you, you should just know from the ding and the impending sense of doom and depression.

I think they were all cities apart from Oblast

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

onoflalks posted:

I think they were all cities apart from Oblast

Wasn't one of them "Caspian", as well?

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

That pun run was like cumming after a long dry spell. Its the reaction from the others that makes it.

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.

thexerox123 posted:

Wasn't one of them "Caspian", as well?

Crimea and I think Ural too. Is it bad I was waiting to hear how he would twist Vladivostok into a pun?

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
That pun run was so painful. I absolutely loved it :hawww:. And the bell is a great addition.

"Are you doing poo poo ones intentionally so you can follow them up with a good one?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolek
May 1, 2003

toanoradian posted:

Are British people more knowledgeable?

Yes

• Locked thread