Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Friends Are Evil posted:

Hank's still wearing the strength suit. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

bobkatt013 posted:

It also seemed that he cared more about his friendship with Rusty then he did about the boys. While Hatred seems to just tolarate Rusty and really cares for Dean and Hank.

I don't think he favors Doc over the boys. Rather, he viewed the Ventures as "his job" and tried to maintain that. As the years pass, he slowly grew attached to the family (in "Victor.Echo.November" he refers to them as "my family!"). I think Brock found it hard to be a parental figure, either because he wasn't directly related to the boys or he doesn't consider himself to be a positive role model. My favorite Brock moment is in "The Family that Slays Together" when he tells off the Ventures so they can leave without him and the look he makes as he sees the plane depart.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
Well then, shall we.... shake hands... and, leave as enemies?

Sash! posted:

Victor Echo November might be my favorite episode.

Its...like Peak Brock. And the first time it aired, poo poo got real when he said "we might not win this one."

...this one is different... isn't it Brock?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

JetsGuy posted:

Well then, shall we.... shake hands... and, leave as enemies?

...this one is different... isn't it Brock?

"We're not so different you and I ..."

"Yeah, don't. I get that 'We're not so different' speech a lot"

I like the idea that Brock is constantly running into people who want to compare themselves to him.

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth

Friends Are Evil posted:

Sneak preview for the new episode's up.

Holy poo poo, right at the end there where Hunter points the gun at Hank's head :commissar: had me rolling.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011
About the sneak peek :

- what are the Ventures doing on Baby Girl?
- I love Shoreleave being savvy about people in masks, after they all got burned because nobody bothered to check what was under the rookie's mask. Of course it will then turn out that Afterburner was just Molotov with a more elaborate mask.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Dr Pepper posted:

I hope he never takes it off. :allears:

Sadly, that will not be and I believe this episode will be the one where its forcibly taken from him.

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

Friends Are Evil posted:

Sneak preview for the new episode's up.

I'm cracking up over the homeless guy with a guy in the dog suit in the shopping cart.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

SeanBeansShako posted:

Doc lost his arm briefly and was bleeding out pretty bad, to show how goddamn serious it was remember?

And plugged it with a Christmas tree stand. Serious.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Entropic posted:

Oh god I forgot about that. Also, Doc hasn't been horribly mutilated yet this season or mentally scarred.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

SeanBeansShako posted:

Oh god I forgot about that. Also, Doc hasn't been horribly mutilated yet this season or mentally scarred.

He did wake up with that bug whore, or does he just consider that a Monday?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

bobkatt013 posted:

He did wake up with that bug whore, or does he just consider that a Monday?

I think that just another day of his post atomic age comic book inspired life!

I'm thinking back and at least once a season something horrible happens to him. He got bolted through the wrist in Brisby Land in season 1, had his eye slammed out of his head in season 2 almost lost his arm in season 3 etc.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Ugh, loving Adult Swim, man. Don't get me wrong, I like a bunch of shows on it (less as of late,) but I hate Adult Swim itself, or at least the image they put out there of themselves.

It just reeks of "we're up our own rear end in being 'cool'"

Like...all their promos, marketing poo poo, etc... is essentially just "monkey cheese random ninja lol" humor, but wrapped up in a, dare I say, "hipster," vibe?

Like...the needless weird cat things in that promo, the guys in owl suits for no reason, the weird faux-Russian footage poo poo, etc...

Am i the only one who thinks this? Please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks this...:ohdear:

But that promo still looked cool as poo poo (the actual VB parts, that is.)

I like that Hank has a name tag on his strength suit.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I love that the strength suit has casual female body language installed into it as well as sexy. I can't wait to see Brock and Hatred squabbling over why he is still wearing it too.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Entropic posted:

"The only thing keeping me alive right now is our lack of storage."
I love that even when Doc's bleeding out he's still taking the time to be snarky as all get out.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Ok I have some baseless speculation. From the promos we have seen I am betting the Mol has replaced Hank.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

DrBouvenstein posted:

Ugh, loving Adult Swim, man. Don't get me wrong, I like a bunch of shows on it (less as of late,) but I hate Adult Swim itself, or at least the image they put out there of themselves.

It just reeks of "we're up our own rear end in being 'cool'"

Like...all their promos, marketing poo poo, etc... is essentially just "monkey cheese random ninja lol" humor, but wrapped up in a, dare I say, "hipster," vibe?

Like...the needless weird cat things in that promo, the guys in owl suits for no reason, the weird faux-Russian footage poo poo, etc...

Am i the only one who thinks this? Please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks this...:ohdear:

I dislike a lot of their recent bumps more since the tone is smug and/or douchey it seems. Also some of the weird stuff I like (the owl suits, the Russian propaganda bumps), but some of the weird poo poo that reeks of Tim and Eric style junk is straight up off-putting, like that hand coming out of the computer, and "classy" people saying stuff and just standing there with their mouths open while their head is superimposed behind them at a different camera angle. Although I remember when it was all very literal and was just old people in a pool...can't recall what was between that and now for whatever reason.

More on topic with Doc getting brutalized, he also lost his kidneys in season 1. This season he seems to be trying a bit more, and along with Hank and Dean seems at least a tad bit more competent. I sorta find this odd, but I kinda wonder if Killinger had an affect on him, but that was a while ago. More recent influences might've been him traveling to that alternate dimension where he was better (and had hair) or maybe Orpheus and the Monarch playing around in his psyche knocked something loose. It's not a big difference, and he's most likely going to gently caress up big and end up with like a shattered femur or something, but he does seem slightly better.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

SRM posted:

"The only thing keeping me alive right now is our lack of storage."
I love that even when Doc's bleeding out he's still taking the time to be snarky as all get out.

Brock... you're fired.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Brightman posted:

Although I remember when it was all very literal and was just old people in a pool...can't recall what was between that and now for whatever reason.

They had those fake safety posters for a while, those were good.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Djarum posted:

Ok I have some baseless speculation. From the promos we have seen I am betting the Mol has replaced Hank.

At some point she is going to ask Hank nicely to give her the suit. He does have a 'kill pop' sort of crush on her.

My bad, seriously guys take a break from the thread and catch up with the other seasons :smith:.

You won't miss much but six pages of dudes complaining about St Cloud and his voice.

SeanBeansShako fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Jun 28, 2013

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

SeanBeansShako posted:

I'm thinking back and at least once a season something horrible happens to him. He got bolted through the wrist in Brisby Land in season 1, had his eye slammed out of his head in season 2 almost lost his arm in season 3 etc.
Wasn't the arm thing in season 2 too? In the episode "Victor, Echo, November"?

Djarum posted:

Okay, even more baseless speculation : Molotov will then be stopped by someone putting on the full Sphinx Commander get-up, impersonating his voice and activating the suit's programing that it should always obey the Countess' man.

And if we're staying in foreshadowing from 'Sphinx Rising', Molotov will use a mask not unlike the ones the The Monarch and Dr. Ms The Monarch used.

This is fun.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

X_Toad posted:

Wasn't the arm thing in season 2 too? In the episode "Victor, Echo, November"?

Oh yeah. Still, one of these days we'll be seeing the wing of the compound dedicated to drugging and replacing the blood the Doc loses every now and then.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

SeanBeansShako posted:

At some point *** going to ***. *** does have *** on ***.

Thanks for spoiling the teaser ad I'd gone out of my way to avoid, champ.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Red posted:

Thanks for spoiling the teaser ad I'd gone out of my way to avoid, champ.

Apologies, but I assumed by now you would have watched the 2nd Season. I'll edit my post but dear god man why haven't you got that season in the mail yet!?

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

SeanBeansShako posted:

Apologies, but I assumed by now you would have watched the 2nd Season. I'll edit my post but dear god man why haven't you got that season in the mail yet!?

Second season? What? Weren't you speculating about upcoming season 5 events based on a trailer, what does that have to do with the second season?

I think the issue was he has seen the second season, and so it was obvious that you were talking about Molotov potentially showing up again.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

And we're back to trailer spoiler discussion again.

I'll go eat the pennies.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

SeanBeansShako posted:

Huh? You just spoiled the teaser ad for THIS SUNDAY's episode.

(from Seinfeld)
George: Did anybody see Firestorm?
Mr. Ross: Firestorm, that's a hell of a picture.
George: Yeah.
Mr. Ross: Remember when they had the helicopter land on top of that car-
Frank Costanza: Hey, hey! Come on, come on! I haven't seen it yet!
Mr. Ross: It doesn't have anything to do with the plot!
Frank Costanza: Still! Still! I like to go in fresh. FRESH! :argh:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Just a reminder that you should really follow James Urbaniak on Vine. He makes really funny little videos.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

muscles like this? posted:

Just a reminder that you should really follow James Urbaniak on Vine. He makes really funny little videos.

Or listen to this podcast of his!

Republicanus
Oct 16, 2002

Have a smoke. Coffee? You're welcome.
Fun Shoe
I just realized, while watching season 1 again for the first time in a couple years, that Baron Unterbeit was a freshman when he had his jaw blown off.

Which means that as a 3rd to 4th year student, Rusty was still taking freshman chemistry because he was Unterbeit's lab partner. Kinda subtle way to indicate how sucky Doc was at science.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

But don't listen to it until at least midnight. It is not a daytime podcast.

Mocha Frost
May 1, 2006

SeanBeansShako posted:

And we're back to trailer spoiler discussion again.

I'll go eat the pennies.

Listen to your sidekick and eat the pennies.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Begemot posted:

:stare:

This. This has been my week. The first episode is exactly what insomnia is.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Republicanus posted:

I just realized, while watching season 1 again for the first time in a couple years, that Baron Unterbeit was a freshman when he had his jaw blown off.

Which means that as a 3rd to 4th year student, Rusty was still taking freshman chemistry because he was Unterbeit's lab partner. Kinda subtle way to indicate how sucky Doc was at science.

It really keeps with the theme of failure.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.

Phone posted:

:stare:

This. This has been my week. The first episode is exactly what insomnia is.

It really, really is. :gonk:

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Why do I feel like this is Dr. Venture mixed with Walter White and myself?

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Holy poo poo it has begun! :supaburn:

edit: Haha, I posted too soon. I forgot about the wonderful bonus inside for each shirt.

Ror fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Jun 29, 2013

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Code name: Pussyface

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Begemot posted:

Listening to this at 1AM is a great experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FordCQC
Dec 23, 2007

THAT'S MAMA OYRX TO YOU GUARDIAN
It was stumbled onto while looking through SpaceBattles for stuff to post in the Weird Fanart thread.
*Pat voice* Perfect

Ror posted:

I forgot about the wonderful bonus inside for each shirt.

Whoa weird, mine are all green, not white and green like that.