Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strategy
Jul 1, 2002

DJDace posted:

[EDIT]

OH! I did find those 2 spare Logitech G13 Gaming Mice I had laying around. One is going to Jabro but the other is still up for grabs if someone wants it is and willing to pay the shipping cost to have it sent to them. Let me know if anyone is interested! No charge for the mouse itself, just the cost to ship it!

Sent you a PM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Crown
Oct 20, 2008

Pretend my finger's a knife.
I've done my first couple of Operations this week. I have to say, I'm surprised and impressed that they were able to convincingly capture an epic feeling in a lot of these fights. I buy that an 8 man team would go in in a boss fight against a dread master and his 20 pawns, or something. And then that immersion vanishes when I look at the group I'm with and see at least 2 people in Slave girl outfits and some of the Jedi in techy looking Gree armor. I really, really wish they hadn't introduced the naked gear for people to wear...even if it is a top seller.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Red Crown posted:

I've done my first couple of Operations this week. I have to say, I'm surprised and impressed that they were able to convincingly capture an epic feeling in a lot of these fights. I buy that an 8 man team would go in in a boss fight against a dread master and his 20 pawns, or something. And then that immersion vanishes when I look at the group I'm with and see at least 2 people in Slave girl outfits and some of the Jedi in techy looking Gree armor. I really, really wish they hadn't introduced the naked gear for people to wear...even if it is a top seller.

It's like the No. 1 rule of F2P to make money: "sexy" outfits, furries and vanity pets. But, yeah, I agree. I try to keep whatever class I'm playing looking like it should and I appreciate when the pug I'm with does too :shobon:

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I don't mind the 'sexy' outfits, except for one set of it - the Elegant Loungewear set. Every other set is at least sort of revealing on both Male and Female. Why is it women who are 'Elegant' wear a bikini and men wear a full shirt and pants?

I have both my Sniper (Type 4 Body Male) and my Scoundrel (Type 4 Body Female) in 'sexy' outfits, because cheap. I love my Sniper's look, Fat Chiss all day.

Edit: Plus, you get some of the best reactions from people when running around naked. Not even "Put on your armor" type people for full Covert armors, just people shouting at you about breaking their immersion by wearing it in WZs or FPs. I actually pissed a guy off so much earlier that he ragequit and ignored me. Got into an Athiss FP on my Scoundrel, and first thing this Vanguard did was start bitching about me not having 'real armor' and how I'd die IRL. So I explained to him that I'm the healer and he's the tank - if I'm getting hit at all he's obviously a failure, so I shouldn't worry about dying.

So he proceeded to rant at me about 'stupid ewhores' and how 'all women just want to manipulate men' as reasons for my character dressing like that. I just calmly nodded along, while the DPS Guardian tried to calm him down. Then he finally just dropped group. It was amazing. Most reaction I ever got from my Sniper was a guy commenting on me 'lookin' good! jk'

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Jun 28, 2013

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

Hulk Smash! posted:

It's like the No. 1 rule of F2P to make money: "sexy" outfits, furries and vanity pets. But, yeah, I agree. I try to keep whatever class I'm playing looking like it should and I appreciate when the pug I'm with does too :shobon:

It seems they also do a little gentle nudging in the other direction, too: Pay money not to look loving stupid. I only bought cartel coins for the sprint boost and bump to preferred, but the first thing I actually PURCHASED was the "Hide Head slot" option because the very first headpiece I got looked like 1950's orthodontic headgear with plastic bits from the new Star Trek movie bolted on. Just dumb as hell, unless you're playing a cybertech slicer or something. I've managed to keep my female Sith Warrior in fairly non-revealing (orange) robes, and flip flop on whether or not I want her Malgus-like respirator headpiece visible. I've also got a smuggler alt gaining rest xp in a cantina on Ord Mantell, I'm going to see if I can get her looking like Zoe from Firefly.

FaintlyQuaint
Aug 19, 2011

The king and his men.
Grimey Drawer

Simon Draskovic posted:

I've also got a smuggler alt gaining rest xp in a cantina on Ord Mantell, I'm going to see if I can get her looking like Zoe from Firefly.
If you're still preferred status your smuggler is not gaining rest experience, as preferred status players do not gain rested XP.

vvv
It didn't when I went briefly to preferred status during finals for college.

FaintlyQuaint fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Jun 28, 2013

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

FaintlyQuaint posted:

If you're still preferred status your smuggler is not gaining rest experience, as preferred status players do not gain rested XP.

I did purchase a 60-day sub that I'm in the middle of... Will the rest xp go away when that expires?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

KittyEmpress posted:

I don't mind the 'sexy' outfits, except for one set of it - the Elegant Loungewear set. Every other set is at least sort of revealing on both Male and Female. Why is it women who are 'Elegant' wear a bikini and men wear a full shirt and pants?

Elegant Loungewear is female only.

The male look is just a placeholder.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Aphrodite posted:

Elegant Loungewear is female only.

The male look is just a placeholder.

Oh.

Well then, never mind. I've only even looked at it via ctrl clicking in the market, so I guess that's my fault.

Still not super enthused with most of the 'female only' sexy options. We need more naked male options. Give them some armor that's just a codpiece or something, for Type 4's to rock out in.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Ajax posted:

I'm wearing this on my assassin, with the eradicator set arms legs and boots. I can't stand the idea of tanking in robes or light looking armor, it just feels wrong.

My 72 geared Shadow basically tanks in his underwear. Seems appropriate.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
See, I always thought it made more sense to have a Shadow/Assassin in a robe than in some of their endgame plate looking armor. They wear light armor, they shouldn't look like Sauron.

I imagine a shadow/assassin tank dodging blows and deflecting lasers, not taking huge hits to their heavy armor.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Is a double XP weekend going today ? I guess they start when the US reach the weekend ?

E : VVV :toot: and :woop:

Fathis Munk fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Jun 28, 2013

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008

Fathis Munk posted:

Is a double XP weekend going today ? I guess they start when the US reach the weekend ?

It starts in half an hour I think.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

SWTOR 2.3 Test Server Patch Notes posted:

PvP

Warzones

Alderaan
Capturing the side turrets (Objective Control Points) no longer spawns speeders that take your team to that turret.

That seems a weird change. Didn't they remove them early after launch and brought them back due to making it really hard to EDIT: defend recapture lost side turrets?

Hulk Smash! fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jun 28, 2013

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Are there any plans to add more Warzones to SWTOR?

Also that is a crappy change to Alderaan WZ, I hope Bioware reconsiders that.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

I don't know about warzones but 2.3 has 2 new lvl 55 FP. "Class neutral" according to the notes. First 4 to queue up get in.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Hulk Smash! posted:

I don't know about warzones but 2.3 has 2 new lvl 55 FP. "Class neutral" according to the notes. First 4 to queue up get in.

That is a very interesting take on Flash Points. I assume they'll be very easy to do then.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I said come in! posted:

That is a very interesting take on Flash Points. I assume they'll be very easy to do then.

All puzzle bosses? :getin:

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
They were all out of Marquess.
2.3 is adding a new companion. Level 40 Legacy and a million creds gets you:

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

What role is Treek?

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
They were all out of Marquess.

KittyEmpress posted:

What role is Treek?
Heavy Armor Aim DPS/Healer.

More info.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I guess ewoks had to show up eventually.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Please tell me that's a joke ? :ohdear:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
gently caress I'm legacy 14, gotta level up. :negative:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Al Baron posted:

More info.

Based on the two stances, actually looks like a Tank/Healer. Weird.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Fathis Munk posted:

Please tell me that's a joke ? :ohdear:

Why would you want this to be a joke? This is the best thing to happen to the game since release. Look at all the raging grognards on the forums!

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Medullah posted:

Based on the two stances, actually looks like a Tank/Healer. Weird.

Well, better than the "DPS" stances on tank and healer companions.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am legacy level 10, I can't even imagine getting 40.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

KittyEmpress posted:

Why would you want this to be a joke? This is the best thing to happen to the game since release. Look at all the raging grognards on the forums!

It's a loving Ewok companion, I just can't get behind anything involving those things.

Also before anyone says I'm taking this game to seriously, let me show you footage from my Jedi Shadow tank's holidays

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a34UIwVgmz0

Type 4 body and covert ops armor for life :allears:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

I said come in! posted:

I am legacy level 10, I can't even imagine getting 40.

I went from level 4 to 10 creating a Sith Warrior and getting to 50.

Then I started my Jedi Consular and am about 75% through legacy 14 at level 45.

I have no idea how it scales, but it looks like you need 8-10 capped characters or something like that for legacy level 40. :drat:

e: I'm assuming the ewok is 'voiced' (in ewok-ese I'm sure) but is there any story content dealing with it? Does it/will it have conversations/a storyline? Hell, now that I think of it, does HK have convos or anything else?

WarLocke fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jun 28, 2013

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

^^Edit:You still gain legacy XP after hitting 50/55. I gain about 1 legacy level every 4-5 days doing my dailies on my Commando and Sniper.

The one thing this has taught me is that I never need to make a BH. The only reason I'd ever have made one was for Blizz, but I'll already have a companion to annoy everyone with.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

WarLocke posted:

I have no idea how it scales, but it looks like you need 8-10 capped characters or something like that for legacy level 40. :drat:

End game content gives you a ton of legacy XP.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

WarLocke posted:

e: I'm assuming the ewok is 'voiced' (in ewok-ese I'm sure) but is there any story content dealing with it? Does it/will it have conversations/a storyline? Hell, now that I think of it, does HK have convos or anything else?

I'm really not an alt person, i'm having a hard enough time just leveling my 2nd character, the motivation just isn't there and I still have my main to get to level 55. I wish we could just buy companions in the cash shop. There's not enough cool stuff in the cash shop as is.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

WarLocke posted:

Hell, now that I think of it, does HK have convos or anything else?

HK does have conversations at certain affection levels, just like the rest of your companions. He also makes random observations when entering different areas sometimes.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

KittyEmpress posted:

^^Edit:You still gain legacy XP after hitting 50/55. I gain about 1 legacy level every 4-5 days doing my dailies on my Commando and Sniper.

The one thing this has taught me is that I never need to make a BH. The only reason I'd ever have made one was for Blizz, but I'll already have a companion to annoy everyone with.

To further this info, I just finished doing a 55HM - the reward at the end gave me 11k Legacy XP, out of 390k I need to go from Legacy Level 28 to Legacy Level 29. This is not including any of the mobs, the golds of which were giving 280 per kill, and the silvers around 100, bosses giving about 800. I'd say I got around 23k from one run.

Fakeedit: To further the point, I went and turned in a Black Hole daily I'd already finished before my queue pinged (Glow), and got 3232 legacy XP.

Edit: The Heroic (The End of Torvix) is worth 5817, and the Area (Asset Liquidation) is worth 4525. Without the weekly just doing Black Hole is 23270 legacy XP before factoring in the many mobs you have to murder.

Leveling your legacy doesn't require any alts, and is actually faster if you just do end game content.

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jun 28, 2013

Kenlon
Jun 27, 2003

Digitus Impudicus

Al Baron posted:

I wish they would revamp all the companions to be multi-role, so I can bring whoever I feel like without gimping my leveling.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

:haw:

(not me)

Re: Ewok companion. I have the money and required legacy level but no way am I getting close to that thing (I am the grognard)

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

I bought the HK thingy off of the market and immediately lost interest in hunting down the parts. :effort: I guess.
What roles does it fill anyway, ranged tank/dps?

ChuckBTY
Feb 14, 2012
Hey all. I returned to the game with Hutt Cartel, got to level 55 and upgraded my pve gear to level 66 stuff with a smattering of 69. I'm looking to get into That's No Goon. Who would I message to join?

Also I haven't done pvp in ages and all I have is my starter gear. Would I be better off with that or just use my high level pve stuff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
So I just finished the trooper class storyline and , uh, is that it? That ending was incredibly :effort:.

• Locked thread