Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slig
Mar 30, 2010

Len posted:

What broke that the "hotfix" was 342 mb?
Update '1.7 Features' Hotfix - June 28th

General

The Forgotten Ashes item can now be purchased again
Time Tomb Raider title can now be purchased again
Fixed a clipping issue with Strapless blouse and long gloves
Large frame glasses, black have been renamed to Large frame glasses, brown to match their actual color

Combat

Fatal Flourish will now trigger properly when using non-targeted AoE abilities
Fixed an issue that caused some attacks to not build and/or consume Elemental Force
Elemental Force and Fatal Flourish will no longer be gained when not hitting a target
Signet of Opportunism will no longer hit for more damage than it should
Using quantum abilities no longer causes item shortcuts to disappear

Missions
New York

Questions and Answers - The door used to exit to New York can be used again

Kingsmouth

Dirty Laundry - The phone can once again be used

The Blue Mountain

Dawning of an Endless Night - Players can now enter the Blue Ridge Mine

The Scorched Desert

Tomb Raiders - The fifth tomb can once again be used
A Flight of Locusts - The keycards can once again be used
Headhunter - Players can now interact with Karim el Touni
Tainted Dreams - Players can now close the nightmare rift
From Oxford, With Love - Players can now retrieve the first artifact

City of the Sun God

They Were Beautiful Once - The digging machines can once again be used

The Besieged Farmlands

A Body of Work - Weapon cache can once again be used
Bearing Gifts - The note can now be inspected
Spy vs. Spy - Players can now interact with Zaha

The Shadowy Forest

Red Hand Down - The skeleton can once again be used

World Design

Blue Mountain - Fixed an issue where players could get stuck behind some crates
The Shadowy Forest - Moved a dead Orochi body so it is no longer floating
The Shadowy Forest - Moved a C4 explosive so it is no longer floating
The Shadowy Forest - Fixed an issue where an Orochi Computer was using an Illuminati symbol

Slig fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Jun 28, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Jesus Funcom.

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Maybe if I actually played Mafia, I'd get a better gift from my Mafia Secret Santa. :(

Slig posted:

Dawning of an Endless Night - Players can now enter the Blue Ridge Mine
Yeah alright that one's pretty important.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
I'm seriously considering writing a defragger for those RDBs just to make this game's not-installed-on-an-SSD performance not go from terrible to even more terrible after every patch.

e: Stealth change since the hotfix: Jumping off Agartha and getting teleported back to the top no longer triggers a load screen.

It looks like they changed some spell effects too, Blowout, Ground Pound, and Shockwave look much different now. There's also a bunch of Orochi stuff all over Shadowy Forest that didn't used to be there, but not sure if that's from this patch or the last one.

They also removed the terrain-jump shortcut across Fang Run, gently caress you Funcom.

OneEightHundred fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jun 29, 2013

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

Fasheem posted:

After being required to solve the light/sound puzzle twice just to get to the last choice, which is either to do it a third time or uh... something else (spoilers?) I have a hard time imagining how someone would accidently gently caress up Tokyo because they didn't know what to do when they just did it twice already. Path of least resistance would seem to be saving the world in this case.

Counterpoint: Pubbies. Which do you think a pubbie is more likely to do first, solve the final puzzle, or hit an attack button?

Also you can sort of finish the quest without solving a single/light sound puzzle. It doesn't actually finish the quest, so you have to go do it again. I made the final choice at least 5 times. No idea if all of them "counted" or just the final one. I did get to see all of the endings on one character though.

quote:

I actually wanted to ask... am I the only one who solved it three times within a few minutes each just by clicking randomly? I looked up a walkthrough after and have no idea what that person was talking about.

Aside from randomly clicking it can be solved 2 different ways (trust me, I've done this more than anyone else). For the first two there is only 1 broken node and for the second there are always 2 nodes, each are always in the same place. When the lights fly up they make a noise, if the node is broken then it makes a static sound. Or you can just say gently caress that because the broken nodes look different than the normal nodes.

Slig posted:

Using quantum abilities no longer causes item shortcuts to disappear

Looks like the code for the quantum was also created by Edgar.

Reverend Dr fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Jun 29, 2013

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Crafting is awful because splitting the stack sucks. Is there a way to hold 15 of an item in the cursor and drop it one-by-one with a click? I feel like there would be, especially with crafting how it is, but I haven't found it yet so I feel stupid.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Crafting is awful because splitting the stack sucks. Is there a way to hold 15 of an item in the cursor and drop it one-by-one with a click? I feel like there would be, especially with crafting how it is, but I haven't found it yet so I feel stupid.

Pretty sure if you right click with a stack in your cursor you drop down one unit, like in Minecraft.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Thanks. I was sad that I was splitting 4 into 2 2's and then splitting those. It was arduous.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Thanks. I was sad that I was splitting 4 into 2 2's and then splitting those. It was arduous.

There's also a mod. It can automate a lot of tasks and makes it so that when you hold Shift and drag off a stack, you pull one of that item.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Apparently the 1.7 patch shat up the combat numbers or something, nightmare enemies are blocking a lot more and getting penetrated a lot less, even and everyone's DPS is suffering a lot as a result. As in, way beyond what would be explained by the multi-hit nerf.

OneEightHundred fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Jun 29, 2013

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob

OneEightHundred posted:

Apparently the 1.7 patch shat up the combat numbers or something, nightmare enemies are blocking a lot more and getting penetrated a lot less, even and everyone's DPS is suffering a lot as a result. As in, way beyond what would be explained by the multi-hit nerf.

Well, that would explain a lot.

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Maybe if I actually played Mafia, I'd get a better gift from my Mafia Secret Santa. :(
Yeah I noticed earlier today I was getting my rear end kicked a little harder than normal on a Transylvania quest with Nightmare mobs, despite using the same soloing build as usual. Figures that it's a patch issue.

midoriyourself
May 30, 2013
18s were a loving disaster tonight. Even moreso than usual with me along. Even my healcrit seemed to be hosed. As if I needed to feel more ineffectual during some of those boss fights. Christ. I'm really hoping they roll back some of their changes. I'll have to jump on one of my alts and see if I really hit a wall when I get to Savage Coast and/or Blue Mountain, since that's originally that's where I started to struggle.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I was actually doing a little better than usual soloing, but that might just be having more luck with fighting the Romans in the bathhouse than usual.

midoriyourself
May 30, 2013

Cleretic posted:

I was actually doing a little better than usual soloing, but that might just be having more luck with fighting the Romans in the bathhouse than usual.

Had you changed up your build at all, in light of the nerfs we were aware were implemented? (Extra Bullet, et cetera.)

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

midoriyourself posted:

18s were a loving disaster tonight. Even moreso than usual with me along. Even my healcrit seemed to be hosed. As if I needed to feel more ineffectual during some of those boss fights. Christ. I'm really hoping they roll back some of their changes. I'll have to jump on one of my alts and see if I really hit a wall when I get to Savage Coast and/or Blue Mountain, since that's originally that's where I started to struggle.

No that wasn't a disaster. I've been on some disastrous 18s. You did fine as a healer and kept me up through everything.

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Cleretic posted:

Haven't done any Carpathian stuff yet, but the particular ones I was having trouble with were the werewolves. Didn't really fight enough vampires to be sure

Cleretic posted:

I really need to start parsing poo poo or something because after doing a few more Transylvania missions, I'm beginning to wonder if I'm imagining things. The nightmare werewolves in Besieged Farmlands felt harder but the fungi in Shadowy Forest felt normal, for example.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
There were always differences in how hard nightmare mobs actually are. The werewolves hit like freight trains, pull you around, explode into filth and what not. The mushrooms are only dangerous if you afflict them or let yourself get overwhelmed, in my experience. They're still harder than other nightmare mobs though. The easiest ones are those whose nightmare special effect you can easily nullify - things like "if you get healed you go immune to their exposed debuff they stack on you" or "weaken them takes off most of their damage buff/damage reduction" are really easy to counter with a single passive. Things like "keeps gaining damage as the fight goes on" aren't.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

One thing to keep in mind for questing stuff is that it looks like the "multi-hit abilities" that got nerfed includes AoEs, so you'll probably be doing substantially less damage if your soloing strategy involves using an AoE builder.

JayJay
Jun 16, 2005

TEHHHHHH Jetplane!

quote:

Yes, in addition to the 30-mission reward, there is also the challenge of taking down the Ur-draug. He is the final boss of the first dungeon in the game, and being able to complete this challenge yields a special reward called “The Whispering Demon Ring”. This powerful ring gives a fixed XP gain increase for new players and is a great way for new players to get a feel for what is in store deeper into the storyline.

Can someone tell me how I find the first dungeon, or a group for a dungeon, or how do I even know when i'm the right "level" to participate in a dungeon? :psyduck:

Dakammer
Apr 24, 2004
- Forum Bass Wizard -
I started playing this on a lark and I've been pretty impressed so far. It has the classic Funcom wtf moments, but overall, it seems interesting and it's got a cool, unique game feel. Signing up for the Templar cabal as Dakammer, although I guess I need to get my rear end on Mumble for it to do anything. In-game cabal functionality still effectively zero?

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice

JayJay posted:

Can someone tell me how I find the first dungeon, or a group for a dungeon, or how do I even know when i'm the right "level" to participate in a dungeon? :psyduck:

When you're in QL 2 or 3 Greens you should be ready for Polaris, which can be found at the bridge in Kingsmouth. You might need to use the Looking for Group channel to find a team, or just jump on mumble and some goons will run you through (and probably let you keep all the loot, if you're the only newbie).

/chat join awful and /chat list awful will let you know who's logged into the text-channel too, which might be an alternate option for mumble (but mumble is generally better, since goons can quickly give you advice, rundowns of the dungeon fights, etc.)

UrbanLabyrinth fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Jun 30, 2013

midoriyourself
May 30, 2013

Len posted:

No that wasn't a disaster. I've been on some disastrous 18s. You did fine as a healer and kept me up through everything.

Thanks. I was feeling pretty lovely during the Machine Tyrant. I'm still learning, but I think I'm getting better. Glad I wasn't too detrimental. I'm looking forward to doing it again soon.

JayJay
Jun 16, 2005

TEHHHHHH Jetplane!

Me, having just realized that Kingsmouth Town is only one zone in this huge map: :aaaaa:

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I knew Blue Mountain and Savage Coast were additional zones but so far nothing has pointed me towards them in roughly fifteen hours of play. I assume something eventually will, but I don't know when. I'm excited to finally get to not-Kingsmouth.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I knew Blue Mountain and Savage Coast were additional zones but so far nothing has pointed me towards them in roughly fifteen hours of play. I assume something eventually will, but I don't know when. I'm excited to finally get to not-Kingsmouth.

The story mission will eventually point you there, when you're done with Kingsmouth.

JayJay
Jun 16, 2005

TEHHHHHH Jetplane!

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I ran out of side quests in the town, and started following the story which led me there around step 8. 14 hours, 57 minutes for me.

Also just ran the first dungeon, HOLY poo poo, the demon taking out the helicopter totally took me by surprise, I was like herp derp oh we won the missi-- FUCKK!

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice

JayJay posted:

Also just ran the first dungeon, HOLY poo poo, the demon taking out the helicopter totally took me by surprise, I was like herp derp oh we won the missi-- FUCKK!

You're welcome.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I'm running a friend through the 72-hour trial to see if she digs the game and we're at 26/30 missions for the 2-day extension. My question is: Does she get 2 days AND the 1200 bonus points, or JUST the 2 days? Because if it's the latter, that's lame and it means eventually if she joins for good she'll have to shell out real money for Issue 6, right?

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

I'm running a friend through the 72-hour trial to see if she digs the game and we're at 26/30 missions for the 2-day extension. My question is: Does she get 2 days AND the 1200 bonus points, or JUST the 2 days? Because if it's the latter, that's lame and it means eventually if she joins for good she'll have to shell out real money for Issue 6, right?

Doesn't buying it come with a months membership, which includes 1200 bonus points?

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
Okay I wasnt sold on this game at first. It didnt run too smoothly with any decent graphics, until i turned it to directx9, then suddenly my Frames Per Second came back.

After that i tooled around in Kingsmouth for a while, and it didnt really click for me until i did the Dirty Laundry quest.

When i figured that out... i was like... I LOVE THIS.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
After doing every quest I considered remotely bearable in the Carpathians today, I just want to share what I was left looking at straight afterwards.

I choose to blame The Castle.

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Jun 30, 2013

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Cleretic posted:

After doing every quest I considered remotely bearable in the Carpathians today, I just want to share what I was left looking at straight afterwards.

I choose to blame The Castle.

Just go run that Shadowy Forest mission where you run from the Brothers Blaga to the stoner in the cave. That should get you the last point.

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012

Talkc posted:

Okay I wasnt sold on this game at first. It didnt run too smoothly with any decent graphics, until i turned it to directx9, then suddenly my Frames Per Second came back.

After that i tooled around in Kingsmouth for a while, and it didnt really click for me until i did the Dirty Laundry quest.

When i figured that out... i was like... I LOVE THIS.

I had pretty much the same experience. The Kingsmouth start feels kinda boring but I'm in Savage Coast now and loving the game. Some of those quests are amazingly inventive.

(Now I just need to get a grip on myself and stop looking up the solutions. :( )

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
So I'm considering checking this out, and I have one question regarding faction choice if they have any effect on cosmetic options.

Which one gets closest to a motorcycle cop? I want to give parking tickets to vampires before I shoot them. I'd figure Templars at least have the Mindset, if not the fashion.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

Section Z posted:

Which one gets closest to a motorcycle cop? I want to give parking tickets to vampires before I shoot them. I'd figure Templars at least have the Mindset, if not the fashion.

I'm pretty sure the only motorcycle helmet was given out during the Christmas/End of Days event :( Otherwise, I think the only cop outfit is on the store.

Here's one link to all of the outfits, though it looks like the shots were all taken on low settings/before a few of them got improved.

JayJay
Jun 16, 2005

TEHHHHHH Jetplane!

NihilVerumNisiMors posted:

I had pretty much the same experience. The Kingsmouth start feels kinda boring but I'm in Savage Coast now and loving the game. Some of those quests are amazingly inventive.

(Now I just need to get a grip on myself and stop looking up the solutions. :( )

I really don't feel bad about cheating the solutions. I just don't have the time for that poo poo, even with the guides it sometimes takes me a while to complete those investigation quests. Theres a FEW I know, or google'd correctly, but they were the super easy ones. And they're still fun to get through, but holy poo poo, I couldn't imagine being on the opening wave of players. I would have gotten stuck on so many quests.

So, I have a ton of money, but I've mainly been selling my items. When (if ever) should I start disassembling them instead? Are crafting materials actually useful?

Fewd
Mar 22, 2007

#vmp #opsec #kolmiloikka #happoo

JayJay posted:

So, I have a ton of money, but I've mainly been selling my items. When (if ever) should I start disassembling them instead? Are crafting materials actually useful?

I've always disassembled mine because money is mostly worthless after buying speed upgrades and clothing. That is unless you want to save up huge amounts to buy purple signets that will increase your builders damage by 1% compared to blue, or something similar.

Materials are useful for various potions. Water makes HoT potions, metal for barrier potions, dust flat amount healing potions and fire makes leech potions which are awesome for dps setups, 10 seconds of near-invulnerability and you most likely end up with full health after. You can buy consumable kits from Venice guys.

Zephonith
Jun 25, 2008

Yeah I wouldn't feel too bad about cheating on the investigation missions. To do them all without help, you'd need to be able to read musical notation, circuit diagrams, ISBN numbers, Futhark runes and Egyptian hieroglyphs, at a bare minimum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Zephonith posted:

Yeah I wouldn't feel too bad about cheating on the investigation missions. To do them all without help, you'd need to be able to read musical notation, circuit diagrams, ISBN numbers, Futhark runes and Egyptian hieroglyphs, at a bare minimum.

The way I do it, I do the minimum of puzzling to where I get what the gimmick the mission wants you to know, and then I google it afterwards.

As an Illuminati, it feels fitting in-character. "Oh, okay, it wants this, I'll google it on my loving smart phone. :v:"

• Locked thread