Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

A couple shots from work today. Tesla model S and what looked like a late-teens/early-20s Ford maybe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

I was about to complain but then I realized it does have the double spoiler. A perfect image.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

âрø ÿþûþÑÂúø,
трø ÿþ трø ÿþûþÑÂúø

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
This is pretty cool. Turbocharged Super Beetle with anger issues.

http://illmotion.com/im-feature-dale-sevciks-1972-volkswagen-super-beetle/

ctishman
Apr 26, 2005

Oh Giraffe you're havin' a laugh!
So apparently a bunch of people gather in my part of Seattle every year and have a huge car show every year. I wandered through and took some pictures. It was something like a mile long, solid cars on either side. I took a shamefully small number of pictures and generally skipped over the usual '60s-'70s car-show favorites unless they caught my eye. Anyhow…

My small album of The 2013 Greenwood Car Show

ctishman fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Jun 29, 2013

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I found a rather :wotwot: Land Rover breakers on Ebay:

https://stores.ebay.co.uk/gentlemen-of-salvage

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

That is the best possible name they could have chosen.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

ctishman posted:

So apparently a bunch of people gather in my part of Seattle every year and have a huge car show every year. I wandered through and took some pictures. It was something like a mile long, solid cars on either side. I took a shamefully small number of pictures and generally skipped over the usual '60s-'70s car-show favorites unless they caught my eye. Anyhow…

My small album of The 2013 Greenwood Car Show

I was there as well!

Here's my album: http://imgur.com/a/F5QMJ

Two highlights:

This was a 1960 Auto Union converted to electric. It's also for sale (the phone number is in the album!)

2013 Morgan Three-Wheeler. California de-tuned to 90hp

Pokey Araya
Jan 1, 2007
Mom drives 900hp Evo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAXhbUnHGno

My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

300SL driver, not a show car.

Dat engine :aaaaa:

Not only does the engine sound amazing, but it was way ahead of it's time. It had a dry sump system and direct fuel injection.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Hot Wheels has been having some great cars out lately. I picked these up today for my collection. a pretty kickin' rad Bosozoku,an E30 M3 and a 2002.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Nice.

Ive been eyeing this for a bit.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-43-Scale-BMW-Alpina-B3S-Coupe-E46-Blue-Metallic-Diecast-Model-Car-by-Kyosho-/160726277138

Basically my ZHP minues the Alpina package stuff. Same color, ect.

That entire Ebay store is pretty rad too.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Quick dump of things I've taken photos of while trying to catch up in this thread:

Wrong thread? You be the judge. 1992 Geo Metro convertible, unrestored, clean, no rust (in Ohio!), all original parts according to the owner. I think it's pretty insane to keep a car like that in such mint condition.

Others found at random parking lots:

(parked at a Lowe's on the lumber side... not sure how many 2x4's you can fit in an Exige)

Also, my Uncle lives up the road from where East makes their trailers. All three trailers are clean, brand new, and shiny chrome.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Crosspost from CineD - here's the hero car from Need for Speed (taken off set so as not to break my agreement):

After finally waking up from the 15 hour shoot on 1 hour sleep, I can reflect and say I really, really have a new respect for stunt drivers.

I've done some precision driving training before, so I applied to my casting group be a driver (of a police Charger - no way did I want to drive the supercars in an instance in which I could actually crash them), but instead just got put on a bicycle and in background. I'm glad because even -those- stunts scared the crap out of me, basically them pulling to a point, stopping on a dime, and having the hero Mustang "almost" hit them and then double spin out past them past two other cars who "almost hit"and other nonsensical stuff. This is the first shoot I've been on with REAL stunt driving (I've been a driver on standard TV before), and I have a brand new respect now.

They're really bitchy about having pictures taken on set, but off-set, I took a pic of the hero car, at least:

I can't wait to see this movie to figure out how a Mustang (body-kitted GTs for most of the actual driving on set!) beats every major supercar in a race across the country.

Here's a list of cars in the movie:

Koenigsegg Agera
Koenigsegg Agera R
Saleen S7
McLaren P1
Bugatti Veyron Super Sport
Lamborghini Aventador (rumored)
Lamborghini Sesto Elemento
Porsche 911 GT3
Lamborghini Gallardo
Audi R8
Ford GT
Hennessey Venom GT
Nissan GTR
Chevrolet Corvette ZR1
Ford Mustang GT
Toyota GT 86
BMW M3
Audi Q7
Bat Mobile
Toyota Tazz

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

My Rhythmic Crotch posted:

Not only does the engine sound amazing, but it was way ahead of it's time. It had a dry sump system and direct fuel injection.

Its not direct fuel injection, its indirect. Pretty much a predecessor to K-Jetronic, similar to indirect mechanical injection on diesels.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

shoncook posted:

That's awesome. I knew we had a few Binders on the here, but I didn't know any this old. Finishing grad school took priority over messing with old trucks, so I've lost track of what parts we have spares of. Most of our trucks have the Silver Diamond engine, which are 220 ci. I think we have one or two floating around with the 240, which might be the black diamond. I have frustratingly few pictures, but here's a handful:

This is my dad's R100, I think. The fancy city truck version, with 3 on the tree and factory overdrive. Short wheelbase.

Here's a mine:

I don't think you can see it, but it used to belong to Foster Farms, which was lettered above the windshield, along with a sign that must have been screwed to roof.
With new engine going in. (I thought the paint job was totally rad for some reason)

For a while, my dad and I had cornered the market on parts trucks. The Boneyard was not appreciated by all members of the family.

Nice trucks! I'm currently working on a 56 S130 dump truck. I just had the engine rebuilt and I restored all the parts on it. Just got the clutch the other day so I can put the engine back in.

Here is mine all taken apart:

Engine all painted:

I should have used something better than my phone for the pictures.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

darko posted:

Need for Speed cars

The Aventador was the one that got wrecked a few weeks back while filming wasn't it?

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Great Beer posted:

The Aventador was the one that got wrecked a few weeks back while filming wasn't it?

I heard that too offhand, but I'm not sure. I'm angry they didnt bring all the supercars here for the shoot :(

toaster_pastry
Apr 30, 2004

against all authority
not an M, but still cool as hell.

(sent to me by a goon friend, who should've posted it here himself)

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

Darko posted:

I can't wait to see this movie to figure out how a Mustang (body-kitted GTs for most of the actual driving on set!) beats every major supercar in a race across the country.

It'll probably be because the driver is really good at slamming in upshifts, and the director will make sure we see each one!

Just for once I wish a car movie director who decided they absolutely HAD to have a shot of someone's feet changing gear filmed someone heel and toeing instead of SHIFTING HARD.

Flying Fortress
Oct 23, 2008

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Hot Wheels has been having some great cars out lately. I picked these up today for my collection. a pretty kickin' rad Bosozoku,an E30 M3 and a 2002.

You should post these over in the Toy Car thread as well.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

drgitlin posted:

Just for once I wish a car movie director who decided they absolutely HAD to have a shot of someone's feet changing gear filmed someone heel and toeing instead of SHIFTING HARD.
You're going to hate me for saying it, but this is actually something Initial D generally gets right. I have high hopes for Rush maintaining accuracy about this kind of thing as well.

The problem is that it's just not something that people who aren't like us care about, or even know about to care. All they know is you push a pedal for more, and shift up for more more.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

My Rhythmic Crotch posted:

Very cool video, and good to see the owner isn't the type who just keeps the car in the garage all the time, it actually gets driven

Kill-9
Aug 2, 2004

You've got the cutest little baby face...
Might not be an awesome car but it's an example of an awesome forum member. Cursedshitbox.

About three weeks ago I posted in the 'terrible' thread about my Range Rover Classic getting clipped by an apparent drunk driver. I followed that up with a post that super cool forum member, cursedshitbox, found a matching truck near him in Vegas that had the parts I needed. He was so kind as to pull them in the summer Vegas heat and ship them out.

On Friday I got home and found a huge box on the doorstep.

This morning I got to work on the truck. First, off comes the old bad panels. 7 bolts are all that hold on the quarter panel and corner of a Classic. Another 6 for the d-pillar skin.

This is a 23 year old truck. Look at the lack of rust under there. Oh yeah, the body is aluminum. I guess there will be little rust there.

Well, poo poo I guess more than the skin was involved.

A few minute with a 3lb sledge and a piece of spare steel rod I had and I straightened that out so the lights would fit. Dumbass me forgot to take a pic of that handy work.

Less than two hours later. Lookin' good.

Good enough gap for a RRC.

For those unfamiliar with the panel gap on old Range Rovers here's a pic of the factory panel gap on the front door to quarter panel. Look at the craftsmanship and attention to detail in that gap.

Next, she's off to the bodyshop to get all the dings taken care of/skimmed then a full body respray. Then I'll get the vinyl on the pillars redone at an upholstery shop. After that she's off to a buddy in San Antonio for a custom rear bumper/tire carrier. With the size of the payout from the other guys insurance company I'll still have some left over for that new stereo I need so badly. No more listening to the dulcet tones of offroad tire whine on the street. Turn that poo poo up!

Also, cursedshitbox, I've said it before and I'll say it again. You are an amazing human being.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
AI is the best car forum on the internet.

Toucan Sam
Sep 2, 2000

YF19pilot posted:

Quick dump of things I've taken photos of while trying to catch up in this thread

Others found at random parking lots:

I see that Corvette a lot in that area, and that Olds is at Lowe's all the drat time. I think it belongs to an employee considering i'm a manager at the other end of that plaza and see that Olds several times a week.

Kill-9
Aug 2, 2004

You've got the cutest little baby face...

Darko posted:

Here's a list of cars in the movie:

...long list clipped...

I love this list. Supercar, supercar, supercar, supercar, Bat Mobile, Toyota Tazz.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

InitialDave posted:

You're going to hate me for saying it, but this is actually something Initial D generally gets right. I have high hopes for Rush maintaining accuracy about this kind of thing as well.

The problem is that it's just not something that people who aren't like us care about, or even know about to care. All they know is you push a pedal for more, and shift up for more more.

I have great faith in Ron Howard for technical accuracy.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

Toucan Sam posted:

I see that Corvette a lot in that area, and that Olds is at Lowe's all the drat time. I think it belongs to an employee considering i'm a manager at the other end of that plaza and see that Olds several times a week.

The one off 21? I'll have to start asking around, considering I actually work at that Lowe's (please don't stalk me). Also, found out one of the guys who works in lumber will be running rails at this weekend's NHRA event in Norwalk.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

angryhampster posted:

I have great faith in Ron Howard for technical accuracy.
I remember watching Apollo 13 with the commentary by Jim Lovell and he said the only thing technically wrong in the movie was the contrail on the jet when Tom Hanks buzzes Kathleen Quinlan at the beginning. Opie does good.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

I saw this recently around Ballston, VA and I swear I've seen variations of that license plate on two different colored SS Camaro's in the past 6 months. I don't know if it's a family name and a bunch of brothers all have muscle cars or what. Maybe it's one guy who keeps totaling them and getting new ones? In case it's unclear, this is the 6.4L V8 392 edition.

Toucan Sam
Sep 2, 2000

YF19pilot posted:

The one off 21? I'll have to start asking around, considering I actually work at that Lowe's (please don't stalk me). Also, found out one of the guys who works in lumber will be running rails at this weekend's NHRA event in Norwalk.

Yep, been a manager at the other end of the plaza for 5+ years. I see that car in the plaza a lot so if he doesn't work there he definitely spends a lot of time at massillon marketplace. I should have gotten a picture of the mint Wagoneer i put tires on earlier today.

I wish the Chinese buffet was still there.

Toucan Sam fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Jul 1, 2013

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
I'm not sure if this is AI, or just shear luck with the Texas license plate system.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Those tires wouldn't be able to handle that much power.

Also its a Dodge Durango? so there's that too.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

InitialDave posted:

I just accidentally watched all of Initial (and Project) D end to end on Netflix. Without irony, I loved it. :colbert:

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
Initial D rules.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxX_XhSrtw4

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

Chinatown posted:

Those tires wouldn't be able to handle that much power.

Also its a Dodge Durango? so there's that too.

Is the Nitro a new name for the Durango?

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

InitialDave posted:

I hate this in movies so much. People "win" races by going up one gear in practically any car film with a race. The "worst" example of this was probably Fast and the Furious 5, when they did the Charger drag race, all had identical cars, and somehow, getting a ridiculous jump at the start meant nothing because he apparently shifted up five gears after his launch too quickly or something.*

* although, from an aesthetic standpoint, a character dramatically upshifting does work pretty well

It's funnier when they do this in automatic cars though.

Darko fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Jul 1, 2013

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

MetaJew posted:

Is the Nitro a new name for the Durango?

I don't know I really don't keep track of SUV evolution because whats the point really?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
I love the hilarious lyrics to the songs in that series, and yes it deserves recognition for being technically correct.

Only registered members can see post attachments!