Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheUnhorse
Oct 29, 2010

Smartest little intel sperg in the whole world

Veins McGee posted:

Do you do curls in your squat rack?

i do curls on my bench (if you're home gymmin get one that does all the poo poo, incline etc.) while I stare at myself in a large mirror and listen to taylor swift

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
See I just use a barbell, flat bench, and a cage plus weights so yea I can get by on less.

Chicago. And this gym is a bargain for what it offers. No contracts but no amenities. Just an amazing amount of equipment and a super helpful staff.

TheUnhorse
Oct 29, 2010

oh also for all the price chat, fuckers are always selling weights and equipment. i got my plates, two oly bars, and my ez bar literally for free, all i had to do was haul it.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Veins McGee posted:

No, its not. It would take 4 years at 29.99/mo before you begin seeing any savings and you wouldn't have 1/4 of the equipment a decent gym has.

So close to being obese.

I'm 6'3" and 225 it said my BMI is 28.6. What the poo poo?

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

'overweight' guy here too

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

holocaust bloopers posted:

Who uses every bit of equipment a gym has and what gym only charges 30/mo? I pay 50 for an old school powerlifting/bodybuilder gym and that's ridiculously low.
My gym charges 29.99 a month. It's open 24hrs and I rarely have to wait for equipment. I use significantly more than a power rack, bench and a barbell.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

HATE CURES TRANNYS posted:

I'm 6'3" and 225 it said my BMI is 28.6. What the poo poo?

6'5" and 235 puts me at 27.9.

The screening weight for my height for the 17-20 age group was 218. The only time I ever beat it was after I had mono and looked like I was from Ethiopia.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

If you have any appreciable muscle mass (IE you work out somewhat) than BMI is going to be way off for you anyways. It's an ok scale for most sedentary Americans to tell them they're fat lazy fucks.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Mr. Nice! posted:

If you have any appreciable muscle mass (IE you work out somewhat) than BMI is going to be way off for you anyways. It's an ok scale for most sedentary Americans to tell them they're fat lazy fucks.

So you're saying I have tested negative for twink.
Yippee

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Yippee

No, your man-boning already confirmed that.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Guys after I race this upcoming weekend I'm getting back into some heavy weight lifting poo poo.. Compound movements like deadlifting poo poo and squats.

I'm taking bets on who thinks I'll blow out my rectum the first day back at the gym. It's gonna loving happen

vains
May 26, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

No poo poo, really?

Captain Amerikkka
Mar 14, 2013

Yippee

Twink maybe. Giant meathead queer who stares longingly at other dudes who are working out while alternating flexing your pecs? Jury's still out.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Captain Amerikkka posted:

Twink maybe. Giant meathead queer who stares longingly at other dudes who are working out while alternating flexing your pecs? Jury's still out.

Is a junior artist looking longingly at a masters work Gay?

agentq
Dec 23, 2003
Frag out
Running a little behind on my schedule but got this in today:

Warm up:
3 Rounds
10x Hinge @ 95#
10x Goblet Squats @ 12kg
5x Push Ups
5x Situps

(1) 20 Min AMRAP
8x Back Squat @ 95/135#
4x Burpees
4x 25m Shuttle Sprints
Rest 30 Seconds

Sprint to the rest each round. Take the full 30 seconds rest between efforts.

(2) 20 Min AMRAP
8x Hinge @ 95/135#
4x Burpees
20x Stepups to 20” Box
Rest 30 Seconds

Sprint to the rest each round. Take the full 30 seconds rest between efforts.

(2) 3 Rounds
3/3/3 Toe Touch Complex
3x Shoulder Sweep
5x Shoulder Scarecrow @ 2.5#

Pretty brutal but I feel pretty good overall. 11 rnds, then 10 rnds.

TheUnhorse
Oct 29, 2010

Is a junior artist looking longingly at a masters work Gay?

Only if you look it in the eye

vains
May 26, 2004

Do you think a site titled 'steroids.com' and looks like it was designed in the late '90s is a legit source for steroids?

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

This wish was granted by Former DILF

Veins McGee posted:

Do you think a site titled 'steroids.com' and looks like it was designed in the late '90s is a legit source for steroids?

Well, Craigslist is pretty legit and it looks the same as it did when it came out in the 90's...so, yeah.

vains
May 26, 2004

Ashmole posted:

Well, Craigslist is pretty legit and it looks the same as it did when it came out in the 90's...so, yeah.

A friend of mine can buy steroids off craigslist?

edit: A friend of mine definitely just checked, even in the dealer section, and could only find farm fresh eggs.

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

This wish was granted by Former DILF
What the hell is my avatar supposed to be?

Captain Amerikkka
Mar 14, 2013

Ashmole posted:

What the hell is my avatar supposed to be?

Cubism I think.

Anyone know how to get rid of stretch marks? Do I just need to quit getting my swole on? My arms are getting them on my bicep and now they're appearing on my back near my armpits. I fear my shoulders are next.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Cubism I think.

Anyone know how to get rid of stretch marks? Do I just need to quit getting my swole on? My arms are getting them on my bicep and now they're appearing on my back near my armpits. I fear my shoulders are next.

Coconut butter supposedly helps.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

holocaust bloopers posted:

Coconut butter supposedly helps.

It's also a good post exercise recovery food.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Cubism I think.

Get ready for monster stretch marks right over the pec-delt insertion points, too.

vains
May 26, 2004

Stretch marks are cool. Don't be a pussay.

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

Cubism I think.

Anyone know how to get rid of stretch marks?

Do crossfit

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
7/6/13
leg days rule

2 min max situps/pushups

squat
5x 155#
3x 195#
3x 255#
3x 285#
max (4x) 325#
3x10 195#

situps 120x

ez curls
5x 35#
3x 45#
3x 75#
3x 85#
max (6 or 7) 105#
3x10 45#

pullups
10x lol

2 minutes of rest between all sets

7/7/13
conditioning
10-8-6-4-2
double db clean and press 45#
situps
rengade rows 15#
db goblet squat 45#
30 sec rest between rounds

my legs feel pretty confused

vains
May 26, 2004

elite_garbage_man posted:

7/6/13
leg days rule

but if you log your workouts in here, then how will all the curvy goonettes know you workout? How will you make funny quips for YLLS credit? How will anyone know that you even lift at all????

edit: leg days are gay.

vains fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jul 8, 2013

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
People know I workout because I wear fitness related shirts whenever I'm not in the gym. My physique is so poor, you wouldn't be able to tell otherwise.

I forgot to post pictures of my cats in my fitness log.

vains
May 26, 2004

Well, at least you're lifting for functional strength.

Although, I really don't understand your workout. You did 1 exercise each of legs, back, and biceps on leg day.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
What Veins said. I dunno what you're going for but to follow up squats with a light-ish 5x5 or a lighter 5x10 after the working sets will seriously get you pretty far. Much more than goblet squats IMO.

Crazy Mike
Sep 16, 2005

Now with 25% more kimchee.

Veins McGee posted:

but if you log your workouts in here, then how will all the curvy goonettes know you workout? How will you make funny quips for YLLS credit? How will anyone know that you even lift at all????

edit: leg days are gay.

They wouldn't understand. Either this thread is the "What did you do for PT today?" thread or we should make a new one for that purpose.

7/8/2013 AM: 60' treadmill at 6.0mph, .5inc

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
My hypothetical YLLS log would be titled "Traps are the new biceps."

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Talk about your brain problems

vains
May 26, 2004

Crazy Mike posted:

They wouldn't understand. Either this thread is the "What did you do for PT today?" thread or we should make a new one for that purpose.

7/8/2013 AM: 60' treadmill at 6.0mph, .5inc

Or we could just leave it the way it is because its perfectly fine.

edit; No one cares about your boring treadmill run.

7/6/13 AM Forearms
-Jacked off for 15 minutes because I was wasted. Forearms feel ripped. My functional strength is increasing.

vains fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Jul 9, 2013

Crazy Mike
Sep 16, 2005

Why all the Haterade? We all need to be Army Strong every day, and I am gonna pump it up like I'm G.I. Bro.

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

Guys, my new goal is to eat everything in sight, lift heavy and do absolutely no cardio and be the biggest Asian ever. So big people will think I'm an fat islander.

But yeah. Been doing a bunch of cardio lately to cut. Winter is coming and I'm not on missions anymore so I gotta show off the 6pack.

Doing a high rep, low weight, dropset work out with super light cardio everyday and dieting like crazy. Except for Saturdays when I drink beer and eat cheese burgers.

Crazy Mike
Sep 16, 2005

Kaliber posted:

Guys, my new goal is to eat everything in sight, lift heavy and do absolutely no cardio and be the biggest Asian ever. So big people will think I'm an fat islander.

But yeah. Been doing a bunch of cardio lately to cut. Winter is coming and I'm not on missions anymore so I gotta show off the 6pack.

Doing a high rep, low weight, dropset work out with super light cardio everyday and dieting like crazy. Except for Saturdays when I drink beer and eat cheese burgers.

Forget islander, can you go for the Bolo Yeung look?

vains
May 26, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Crossfit girl:

Real crossfit woman: