Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sansuki
May 17, 2003

berzerkmonkey posted:

Ugh. This was a concern of mine - I hope I don't get a plastic cube on Monday...

Just seperate, laugh at how bendy they are, and lay them flat. I doubt they actually will become goo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

moths posted:

I got a tracking number! I am much more excited about this than I should be.

Also it looks like a lot of the stuff I passed on didn't get much more expensive. But C'thulhu, Kaladrax, and Nethyrmaul all ballooned to a price I probably wouldn't get them at. (No real use for, but they'd be nice to have.) But I got them! Cheap!

Speaking of the price jump for the big dragons and C'thulhu, where are these listed?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

A lot of them are in Reaper's preview gallery.

The biggest increasers (so far):
C'Thulhu: $39.99
Kaladrax: $74.99
Nethermaul: $39.99
Wyrmgear: $24.99
Ebonwrath: $19.99
Vampire Box: $400

And honestly, the Vampire box probably is worth around $400 - especially if you're just getting started or don't own any miniatures.

e:
:stare:
Number of Packages: 1
UPS Service: GROUND
Weight: 9.7 LBS

moths fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Jun 28, 2013

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

moths posted:

Vampire Box: $400

And honestly, the Vampire box probably is worth around $400 - especially if you're just getting started or don't own any miniatures.

Isn't that 400 reduced from 500 for the individual models in it?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Yes, if you click on it the blurb reads:
Contains over 200 Bones polymer miniatures from the Reaper 2012 Kickstarter. Over $500 worth of miniatures for only $400!

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib

berzerkmonkey posted:

Ugh. This was a concern of mine - I hope I don't get a plastic cube on Monday...

They melt at somewhere between three and four hundred degrees. You might need to do the boil-and-freeze trick to get them into the proper shape, but they'll be fine. Most of them probably won't even need that.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
Aww, it looks like they are organizing the shipments by number of packages, not number of line items. On the plus side, that means my 12-item-order should ship on Friday or Monday!

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Just in case there are more folks like Manifest who missed the KS then check out my SA Mart thread for Reaper Bones minis. The guy I was splitting the set with bailed, so his loss could be your gain, depending on what you were looking for.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3556962&highlight=#post416945878

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Jun 28, 2013

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Every time I read a post in here about a shipping order I get sad, but then I look at the shipping tracker, see thousands of orders left, and remember that the reason mine hasn't shipped yet is that I'm getting SO MANY MINIS.

What's another weekend at this point?

edit: I'd forgotten I had so many line items/spent way too much loving money on minis I'll never use:

Vampire x1 $100
Fire Giants x1 $10
Frost Giants x1 $10
Undead Giant x1 $10
Clockwork Dragon x1 $15
Spider Centaurs x1 $10
Fire Giant Warriors x1 $10
Nethyrmaul x1 $25
Kaladrax Reborn x1 $10
C'thulhu x1 $10
Demons x1 $15
There Be Dragons x1 $15
Forces Of Nature x1 $15
Deep Dwellers x1 $7
Frost Wyrm x1 $10
Owlbear x1 $3

long-ass nips Diane fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Jun 28, 2013

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Man, I even cleaned up my workbench in preparation for a pile of bones, hoping that would trigger a shipment notification. No luck yet! :(

snickles
Mar 27, 2010
Got mine tonight. Opened up Cthulhu and Kaladrax first. They are so immense and impressive, it makes the rest of my order look puny in comparison. Cthulhu in particular is fantastic, the sheer heft and detail of the sculpture.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
Called my folks. The order I bought out has arrived, and will sit quietly until my return.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today
Just got my shipping confirmation, looks like they're into people with 11 line items. Or if they're doing it by number of boxes, whatever the number of boxes with 2 vampires and 9 addons gets you.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

I think they're sort of all over the place, really. I was watching the counter yesterday, and each order would bump the number of line items by anywhere from 8 to 14. I suspect they're shipping at, say, 11 distinct line items, but regardless of how many total items in the order. So, like, vampire + 2x giants would be two line items for shipping timing, but obviously three line items for realsies. Maybe. :)

Syntaxed
Feb 20, 2004

Heart Attacks posted:

The last item I had delivered from UPS was marked as Delivered two days before it showed up at my house.

I had to contact Reaper and hopefully during their busy schedule they can file a claim with UPS since my poo poo still isn't here and UPS claims they delivered it.

I wonder whoever UPS decided to deliver my items to is thinking when the open it and see a bunch of white miniatures and a Giant C'thulhu. Maybe they threw it away to avoid his wrath :cthulhu:

They deserve it for not bringing it to me or returning it :mad:

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Mine's on its way :) 12 line items, for the record: 1 vampire, 10 addons (including C'thulu and Kaladrax Reborn), and a duplicate set of familiars.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Still no email, but I should be soon!

quote:

Vampire x1 $100
Fire Giants x1 $10
Frost Giants x1 $10
Figure Case x1 $25
Clockwork Dragon x1 $15
Orcapocalypse x1 $25
Fire Giant Warriors x1 $10
Frost Wyrm x1 $10
Nethyrmaul x1 $25
Kaladrax Reborn x1 $10
Undead Horde x1 $10
Grave Danger x1 $5

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
As another data point, I have the following order, and it hasn't shipped yet.

quote:

Vampire x1
Orcapocalypse x1
Figure Case x3
Clockwork Dragon x1
Forces Of Nature x1
Deep Dwellers x1
TownsFolk II x1
Dwarves x1
Undead Giant x1
Demons x1

Looks like we've gotten to 12 items, though, so soon! :D

Edit: I got my shipping notice! :neckbeard:

Iris of Ether fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Jun 29, 2013

Diosamblet
Oct 9, 2004

Me and my shadow
I thought I got 11 items and was sure today was the day... turns out whoops, I ordered 16.

So to pass the time I'm thinking about how to actually going to use these things. The original plan was to use them as DnD minis and painting practice, which still holds true. But the new plan includes using a bunch of them as proxies for out of print Descent minis. And during the kickstarter I thought the NOVA corps guys were a waste of space, but now I can use them as Infinity proxies.

I still have no idea how I'm going to use the "zombie hunters" stuff, every game I've played that thematically suits those minis has been awful. Any suggestions?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

28 line items.

:negative:

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
11 items, but still no sign of a e-mail. The average items/order ratio is climbing quickly, some people must have ordered a bizarre amount of plastic crack.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Fix posted:

28 line items.

:negative:

Lucky...

I have 38 Line items... :emo:

cat with hands
Mar 14, 2006

When I shit I like to scream "WORSHIP THE GOD EMPEROR ON HIS GOLDEN THRONE." Mom hates it.

Diosamblet posted:

I still have no idea how I'm going to use the "zombie hunters" stuff, every game I've played that thematically suits those minis has been awful. Any suggestions?

Last night on earth?

Diosamblet
Oct 9, 2004

Me and my shadow

cat with hands posted:

Last night on earth?

This one is near the top of my list of "awful games that suit these minis". I know some people enjoy it, but everyone in our group loathes it.

Eyespy
Dec 20, 2004

When I talk about the doomed, the scum, the people who no longer give a shit...When I talk about the filth of the city...I'm talking about you.

I only have 8 line items, but no shipping confirmation. Maybe they are doing the US before the rest of the world?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
I'm fairlyu sure they said they were getting to RotW midweek last week, but that might have been RotW generic vampire boxes.

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

bearbating is now adorable
I hope you're right, Eyespy. I'm starting to get a little anxious over here. Only have like 6 items and still no shipping notification.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
I had the ticker going on a separate screen for most of last week, and I didn't notice any international shipments pop up. Compare to 2 Fridays ago when it was basically all Canada all day. I thought I read that they were going to handle international orders this past Thursday or Friday, but it seems more likely that they just didn't ship any.

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

bearbating is now adorable
Bloody good job I'm not impatient, just worried it'll get lost in the system!

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
Well, if you look at the ticker, the most recent destination was in Brazil, so I think they've got at least a dent in the international shipments.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
I admit I stopped paying attention ~4PM PST Friday, when my shipping notification went through. It sounds like they finally started shipping for you guys, then. :D

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Is there confirmation on what Kaladrax is going to retail for? I heard someone mention they were going to bump it up to $75 due to the unexpected size of the drat thing, but the retailer paperwork says it's $40.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Reaper's got Kaladrax listed for $75.

http://www.reapermini.com/Miniatures/previews/sku-down/77192

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Alrighty, thanks. :)

In other news, I have put up various add-ons for sale in my SA-Mart thread.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
Might consider adjusting the price of Nethyrmaul down. Reaper changed him from $75 to $40. Granted, you'll have 'em before retail, but I dunno if folks are going to be willing to pay an extra thirty-five bucks when the difference is likely to be a few weeks.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Got mine today. It is SO CASH MONEY. Kaladrax is just ridiculously huge, I totally believe the story of a mangled communication about scaling between the computer mesh and the production facility.

The models definitely hold a lot of detail, but they are pretty flexible. I'm going to have to hot-water trick a few floppy daggers and leaning skeletons and stuff.

Big C is pretty cool, too, and goes hand-in-hand with his little Star Spawn buddy.

Already threw some drybrush on a couple of the translucents and it really makes them pop.

e: lesbian ghosts

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Jul 1, 2013

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

JackMann posted:

Might consider adjusting the price of Nethyrmaul down. Reaper changed him from $75 to $40. Granted, you'll have 'em before retail, but I dunno if folks are going to be willing to pay an extra thirty-five bucks when the difference is likely to be a few weeks.
Really? The price listing I just downloaded from Reaper says he's 75. It also says Kaladrax is 40 though, so I guess they swapped their prices or something.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I remember both Nethyrmaul and Cthulhu initially being listed much higher initially on the website, maybe that's what he's thinking about? They're both $40 now.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
Yeah, they adjusted the price because Kally's quite a bit bigger than Nethyrmaul.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

Got my shipping notice, life is good. 14 line items.

• Locked thread