Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

JT Jag posted:

Listening to this at 1AM is a great experience.

It's somehow even better if you're currently suffering insomnia :D

Those HankBucks are like a little knife twisted in the wound that I have from the regret of not getting in on the shirt club in time :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnomewife
Oct 24, 2010
Listening to the podcast, particularly the bit about kids and ketchup, I can only imagine how Rusty would have acted with Hank and Dean as toddlers. He was a single father, with just HELPeR and Brock, right? I'm sure that at least one of the boys' deaths happened during their early childhood.

M_E_G. ADI. K
Dec 11, 2006

So, right now Hank is wearing a strength suit and Dean is wearing a speedsuit.

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006
Witty closing remarks have been replaced by massive head trauma and general stupidity.
Did you guys get shipping notices or did the shirts just appear?
I'm also curious to know if the Hank bucks will be used for anything.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Comrade Quack posted:

Did you guys get shipping notices or did the shirts just appear?
I'm also curious to know if the Hank bucks will be used for anything.

I haven't gotten mine yet, but I did get an email saying something like,
"First batch of shirts are in the mail!"

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Code name: Pussyface

Agent Topenga Lawrence.

Looks like someone forgot to update the wiki to say that the O.S.I. isn't former anymore.

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
Still haven't gotten mine yet. So are Hank Bucks good for anything other than bragging rights?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
Well you can buy rusty's stuff with them at hankco.

Of course they're just for bragging rights.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

If their banner is to believed you can buy fissionable material as well, you could probably resell that if you don't mind ending up on a watch list.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
I'd like to think you could at least buy a grinder and some lemonade with them.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
With HankCo dollars you can probably buy the following:

axleblaze posted:

If anyone was wondering, here's the HankCo griddle menu:

Bread Balls: We begin by hand rolling white bread into little balls and end by serving them to you. $2.50

Cheese Plate: American Cheese sliced the way you like it. $4.00

The Wondrous Wheel: Four chocolate cookies filled with white, sweet, creamy stuff. $2.00

The Pop Top: The best part of the tart served over the not so good part. $2.00

Corn Chip Mountain: A quarter pound of corn chips slathered with hot american cheese (Our chef's specialty) $6.00

The Dream Dragon: A pocket of powdered pudding is dusted lightly over highly toasted white bread $1.00

The Cyclops Sandwich: A tomato sandwich, served on a bagel with a grape in the middle. $4.50

Batter Up: Warm cake batter served in a collectable HankCo Cup. $6.00

Try something from out extensive collection of flavored waters. $1.50

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

FordCQC posted:

Whoa weird, mine are all green, not white and green like that.

For some reason the angle and lighting made them look weird, they are indeed dark green on a lighter green.

I can already tell that the HankCo shirt is going to get some mileage out of it, I really do like just the simple logo style shirts. I'll wait until the Destiny one arrives to make my decision, but I think that one might go straight in the "resell" pile. :/

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
HankCo t-shirt rocks, wish it wasn't white because that usually doesn't end well, but oh well

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

axleblaze posted:

You can probably get some eggs with them too.

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008
I think HankCo was one of the best thing they ever brought back after, what, 3 seasons?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
This had to be one of the greatest moments of last weeks episode

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

So I'm dumb and thought that the Apollo reference was the the Apollo 1, and that it meant L Ron was really responsible for the fire, and that they were worried for Wally because he was part of the backup crew.

But it being Apollo 7 probably makes more sense, since Wally was actually on that one and since Team Venture probably stopped whatever L Ron had planned. :downs:

Go to hell Ron, L Ron.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011
Useless small question : in the goat race, Hatred fell because the goats ate away at his boot laces and loosened them, right?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

axleblaze posted:

I wonder if this list is a weird manifestation of Hank inheriting his father's tendency towards strange and gross cocktails.

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011
Well, Rusty seems to like coming up with those cocktails and having other people taste them.

Hank, on the other hand, just seems to want to scam people and so comes up with fancy names and descriptions for dishes that are worthless, and have people pay high price for it.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

X_Toad posted:

Hank, on the other hand, just seems to want to scam people and so comes up with fancy names and descriptions for dishes that are worthless, and have people pay high price for it.

You are representing HankCo, son! Show some pride!

The hat stays on :colbert:

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

GD_American posted:

HankCo t-shirt rocks, wish it wasn't white because that usually doesn't end well, but oh well

Yeah, I would've got one if it was the same as Hank's from the show.

At this point I'm holding out for an Orpheus shirt, but that's looking pretty unlikely.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

X_Toad posted:

Well, Rusty seems to like coming up with those cocktails and having other people taste them.

I thought Hatred came up with those items.

Lintwhite
Oct 15, 2007

The last three episode titles and descriptions have been released!

"Momma's Boys" (July 7th) - A friendship begins to unravel Dr. Venture's sanity; Hand and Henchman 21 are committed; Dean has a relationship with a mystery woman.

"Bot Seeks Bot" (July 14th) - Brock and the O.S.I. launch a surveillance mission against a council member; Doc and Billy are caught in the crossfire.

"The Devil's Grip" (July 21st) - Dr. Venture is presumed dead; Hank and Dean are sent to live with their godfathers.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

X_Toad posted:

It's like he's channeling crazy dead 19th century robber-barons.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Oh god that last one, the finale episode is going to be a blast!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Yack, obviously on me for looking, but those descriptions are quite spoilery!

That said, eps sound awesome.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

In regards to the second one I might be an idiot butwho is hand?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

bobkatt013 posted:

guessing a typo for Hank.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.
Damnit. You can see straight through the HankCo. shirt.

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

bobkatt013 posted:

Maybe 21 got a job serving cocktails in Madripoor? And has a drunken hook up with a member of the Hand? Stranger things have happened.

thrakkorzog fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jun 30, 2013

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
Wait, is this another split season? Or is it just 8 episodes total? I haven't been paying attention to much of the news surrounding this season, just that it was coming.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

So, I wonder who Dean and Hank's godparents are. Rusty probably picked them before Billy and White teamed up, so it's not them. Some of the old Team Venture?

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

I'm gonna guess Colonel Gentleman and Action Man.

Nah, of course it's Billy and White.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

GD_American posted:

It is possible Brock is one

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

bobkatt013 posted:

It is possible Brock is one

lol no

that makes way too much sense

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
It's obviously Ladyhawk Johnson and Lyndon Bee.

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot

GD_American posted:

You're going to be so mad at me when I bring up "The Invisible Hand of Fate".

Of course I don't think they even pay attention to these things, nor really should they. I thought the anticlimactic end of SPHINX was on par with the Orb in terms of deliberate nose-thumbing

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Stealthed Zombie posted:

Wait, is this another split season? Or is it just 8 episodes total? I haven't been paying attention to much of the news surrounding this season, just that it was coming.

There were 10 episodes for this season but the double length premier counts as two and the Halloween special counts as one more.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

bobkatt013 posted:

Tywin Lannister

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008

Mr. Lobe posted:

I wonder if this list is a weird manifestation of Hank inheriting his father's tendency towards strange and gross cocktails.

In the Halloween episode Venture took the idea for his one drink (Ketchup and scotch?) from Hanks dumb drink from the Halloween when Dean was a vampire. I think they borrow from each other.