Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Knormal posted:

As long as those upscaled legends are a cheaper subline or at the very least stay on the Beast Hunters side I think that's actually a good idea. I know as a kid I used to be annoyed having to stop playing to transform some of the more complex G1 figures like Jetfire, and those guys are nothing compared to a modern figure. For kids simple figures are good, and Hasbro doesn't seem to have any interest in doing that on the Generations side. Those new Generations deluxes and voyagers are gorgeous.

In other, third-party, news, loving FINALLY:

From the guys that did the FoC Omega Supreme, so it actually has a chance of coming out.
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/3rd-party-unlicensed-41/planet-x-fall-of-cybertron-swoop-177881/

Sold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Endless Mike posted:

A Whirl might get me into this stupid hobby. I almost bought Springer last night but decided against it, but I love Whirl as a character.

Springer is tits, dude. Only TF I've bought since CHUG Warpath, and I don't regret a thing.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

That Skids is a retool of Orion Pax, right? I can't figure out how it could just be a repaint, but it's close enough to look like a retool, kinda maybe.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

The packaging for the SDCC stuff is loving INSANE

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Spiderdrake posted:

That Skids is a retool of Orion Pax, right? I can't figure out how it could just be a repaint, but it's close enough to look like a retool, kinda maybe.

It's either the heaviest retool ever done or a completely new mold.

At least the new voyager Predaking does look pretty bitchin' and hey, deluxe Prowl!

I'm guessing the upscaled legends are what they meant at the toy panel when they said they needed simpler transformations for smaller kids. I'm OK with it if that's the reason.

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jun 29, 2013

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

GD_American posted:

The packaging for the SDCC stuff is loving INSANE

Where are you guys seeing all this stuff?

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

Where are you guys seeing all this stuff?

TFW2005 has full galleries

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
gently caress me. Skids and Swerve? Amazing.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Keldroc posted:

If those are literally scaled-up Legends, does that mean you'll be able to make that terrible Abominus out of Deluxes now? Because that might actually cross the line into awesome.

Edit: Oh, and good call putting out another repaint of the Voyager Predaking mold, Hasbro. That won't clog shelves up more or anything.

Turns out no, they don't combine. And all those articulationless lumps of poo poo? Still retailing for $12.99.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

The Rage posted:

Turns out no, they don't combine. And all those articulationless lumps of poo poo? Still retailing for $12.99.
It is so jarring looking at amazingly detailed CVCs or deluxes like that Skids then looking at those deluxes.

Aren't those less detailed than Rescue Bots?

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Keldroc posted:

As I'd hoped and sort of expected, Hasbro is finally remembering Beast Wars.

Good stuff.

Literally my reaction upon seeing these images just now:

Edit:
They scaled up the Terrorcons but they can't combine?! Oh and no new joints or whatever, so they're just as posable as their half-sized cousins? Eugh.
Jesus Christ they're upscaling all the legends or whatever, what the gently caress possessed them to do this

Edit Edit: Huh. I didn't notice Rhinox was a Voyager. That's even better.

MinionOfCthulhu fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Jun 30, 2013

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

My theory is they'll be a labeled subline to try and get smaller kids to enjoy the toys. I mean they are still putting out regular deluxes (look at Prowl), and the Generations line is the same. Who cares really, I just won't buy the upscaled legends and leave it at that. I do want Prowl and the new Predaking, even though it looks like the dragon head just hangs back there in his rear end. That sword looks killer.

Oh and hey, Generations is gonna be amazing.

Of course, the upscaled legends is likely the only thing that will ever come to local stores. We're kinda special like that :downs:

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

I've never bought 3rd party weapons but I'm pretty sure My First Blaster is gonna get bought

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Ohhhh Skids! Welp, Hasbro has my money for the foreseeable future.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Huh. After looking through all the pictures, most of that stuff looks like total crap. Like, knockoff-quality. Rhinox and Waspinator look great, though. I'll have to pick up Skids and Swerve just on principle alone.

GD_American posted:

I know opinions on BBTS are mixed but I've always had phenomenal customer service from them. I don't even mind their prices being higher at times because they're pretty upfront about their business model.

I also understand why they'd be pissed. Amazon breaking embargo probably cost them quite a few sales.

Isn't BBTS the one that basically encourages people clearing out all the highly-sought stuff like Vehicons at stores and funneling those to them? Or am I thinking of a different TF-selling site?

edit: oh, a lot of the Beast Hunters are scaled-up versions of smaller classes? That explains why they look terrible I guess! Taking notes from the dollar store knockoff handbook apparently.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
I've been wanting to post about that rhinox and waspy for about 2 weeks now - they're pretty awesome

Optimist Prime
Jul 30, 2007

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Literally my reaction upon seeing these images just now:

This. Rhinox looks to be Masterpiece-caliber. I don't see how it could be improved.

Now all we need is a) pictures of Whirl, b) any mention of Rung, and c) the TF4 toyline held off until July '14 at the earliest.

GD_American posted:

I've never bought 3rd party weapons but I'm pretty sure My First Blaster is gonna get bought

Wait what?

e:

TFCC posted:

- Next year's membership sign-up exclusive will be Protoform X aka Beast Wars Rampage in a pre-Beast Wars style.

Well this could be pretty g

quote:

He will have a new head, and will be a remold of Transformers Prime First Edition Megatron

:ughh:

(This is the appropriate reaction right? Or am I thinking of that other CHUG two-pack with the terrible Prime and Megs?)

Optimist Prime fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jun 30, 2013

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Oh come on, you just know Dr. Wu is going to come out with a "Trainee Cannon" within a month of Swerve hitting shelves.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Blackheart posted:

New mold apparently.

I liked the episode, but I felt the bot mode reveal was a bit underwhelming. But you're right, the fight was pretty awesome. I really thought UM would bite it though.

"Why is he posting pictures of that Rhinox statue thing from a few year baoohhhhh myyyy goooodddddd"

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Optimist Prime posted:

(This is the appropriate reaction right? Or am I thinking of that other CHUG two-pack with the terrible Prime and Megs?)

You are thinking of the two-pack one. Well, maybe. You could ALSO hate the Prime one!
This is how he looks.

I...actually kind of like it. Huh.

....there's also this though.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

....there's also this though.

That's loving twisted.

In not-bot-con news, my days of loving Skyhammer are certainly coming to a middle (not my picture)

e: When I get that Rhinox (there's no if for me on this), I'm gonna pose him right next to ROTF Brawn, and they'll be looking at eachother and all be like "wha?"

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Rhinox's beast mode looks like the chillest rhino ever.

Also, First Edition Megatron probably looks better as Depth Charge.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Deceptive Thinker posted:

I've been wanting to post about that rhinox and waspy for about 2 weeks now - they're pretty awesome
Why couldn't you post about them?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
NDA's are a sunuvabitch.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Xenomrph posted:

Why couldn't you post about them?

On principle (and desire to keep my job) I try to avoid leaking details about unannounced products

I came across these two in the same way that I did Metroplex (on a cart, out in the open) - at least this time the announcement came a bit sooner

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Yeah, I remember you giving vague hints about Metroplex. That one must've been hell to keep silent about!

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Swerve and Skids look great. Will be interesting what Whirl looks like

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

I met a really nice group of Canadians with resin weapons and chromed axes, had a cocktail, and later gave this guy a new look.

strangehamster fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Jun 30, 2013

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
I'm so happy they made a Cosmos, even if it's legends (which is almost redundant since they already made a legends Cosmos years ago). I hope he shows up on Kre O and at least deluxe.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Those bh toys are the legends toys, exactly, piece for piece. Just upscaled. Like knock offs.
What the gently caress

E: didn't notice this was observed, sorry, it's late.

Hemingway To Go! fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Jun 30, 2013

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

It's not even piece for piece, Windrazor actually loses some articulation since he's missing a balljoint the Cyberverse toy has.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Well thanks to Hasbro I'm going to be pretty poor for a while. :saddowns:

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Blackheart posted:

My theory is they'll be a labeled subline to try and get smaller kids to enjoy the toys. I mean they are still putting out regular deluxes (look at Prowl), and the Generations line is the same. Who cares really, I just won't buy the upscaled legends and leave it at that. I do want Prowl and the new Predaking, even though it looks like the dragon head just hangs back there in his rear end. That sword looks killer.

Oh and hey, Generations is gonna be amazing.

Of course, the upscaled legends is likely the only thing that will ever come to local stores. We're kinda special like that :downs:

I wouldn't hold your breath. Prowl is part of the final 2013 waves. 2014 Prime:BH are all the upscaled poo poo fest.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The Rage posted:

I wouldn't hold your breath. Prowl is part of the final 2013 waves. 2014 Prime:BH are all the upscaled poo poo fest.

Knock-off toys is the last place I expected Hasbro to take inspiration from. Does this mean we at least get to have a large Abominus?

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

The MSJ posted:

Knock-off toys is the last place I expected Hasbro to take inspiration from. Does this mean we at least get to have a large Abominus?

No, the combining aspect has been removed, apparently. You're looking at filler to kill time in Q1 and Q2 2014 until the movie toys hit. I guess now we know why they laid off all their designers. Why bother when you can just upscale Legions figures and steal designs from the comic book artists?

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
So I'm a long term Transformer and comic fan,my first weekly comic was the Transformers UK comic which I bought with my pocket money every week. I stopped buying Transformer toys back in the 90s.

I've followed the many relaunches of Transformer comics with interest and often bought them.

I've celebrated the return of Simon Furman.

However without a doubt my favourite Transformers series is MTMTE, it's genuinely brilliant and IMHO the best comic out there at the moment.

In fact I'm such a fan I'm going to start buying the new toys that use the MTMTE character designs.

I've spotted the upcoming Swerve and Skids so far in this thread, could anyone do me a solid and tell me if there are any other MTMTE designs upcoming or already out?

I am desperately aware of the fact that a transformer comic is once more selling me toys.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

HidaO-Win posted:

I've spotted the upcoming Swerve and Skids so far in this thread, could anyone do me a solid and tell me if there are any other MTMTE designs upcoming or already out?

IDW Whirl is coming, but no pictures have been shown yet. Tailgate is also on the way.

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.
Think I finally got a friend to start reading MTMTE.

Got him onto Transformers a few years ago after showing him the Movie and Prime (it was still in season 1 at the time.) But up till now he always kinda blew me off when I brought up the comics.

Was talking about them yesterday as he was getting them, and I mentioned how much better Rodimus is in MTMTE than in the Movie, and he didn't even know who Rodimus was, despite me having shown him the movie.

Then again, he hated Animated and thinks Prime is the best thing ever, so who knows.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"

Keldroc posted:

IDW Whirl is coming, but no pictures have been shown yet. Tailgate is also on the way.

Cheers man, much appreciated. Now to find somewhere that will reasonably ship transformers to Ireland.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Hah, I finally got springer and got annoyed at him not having a place to store his sword in robot mode, turns out that if you jiggle the backplate around a bit you can get it to double as a sheath for his sword.

Also, Springer owns bones.