Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wangsbig
May 27, 2007

Can 'Wangsbig' get an invite? I make too many men.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Mormon Star Wars posted:

Can anyone with a Hailol alt see how much REX are on the Hailol AH? Thinking about picking one up, but don't wanna get one on Threesprings if they are going to be cheaper after we move.
They're 1k, same as everywhere else. Are you that idiot in the world channels buying them at 800p?

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.

anthonypants posted:

They're 1k, same as everywhere else. Are you that idiot in the world channels buying them at 800p?

How would doing that make someone an idiot?

Krabkolash
Dec 7, 2006

With this hand I rolled 8d20

AND GOT 160.

anthonypants posted:

People want instant satisfaction, he wants Rex. Everyone wins. He just wins far more.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Another ex-Rift muppet here, now attempting to master the art of the 4-button warrior. If someone could hook up Aleth on Three Springs with an invite to the guild that'd be just dandy.

porksmash
Sep 30, 2008
Looking for an invite on Beefsmack.

ArmTheHomeless
Jan 10, 2003

Just signed up, need an invite to UglyCrackBaby please.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

I'll join - characters are Fenixdown, Igot, and Waffla. I have some crafting mats to give away.

Oddity
Jun 22, 2003

"This woman here depicted will possess unseen marks. Signs that she will be the one to bring forth my works."

mr. nobody posted:

Bunch of people this morning didn't know what this was or how it worked so here's a little fyi about Guild Rally Banners/Rally Scrolls.

In your abilities window is a "Guild Perks" tab, if you look in there you'll see "Summon Guild Rally Banner" ability. In order to use this you have to have a Rally Banner in your inventory. This can from purchased from the guild merchant (located in Meridian, Sanctum, Tempest Bay, ask ingame if you can't find them)

When you use the summon guild rally banner ability it places a banner on the ground where you are standing, that anybody in the guild can instantly teleport to using a Rally Scroll (also purchased from the same guild merchant) by right clicking it in your inventory. It is literally instant, no confirmation box, it teleports you to the guild banner the instant you use the item from inventory (via hotkey or right clicking, doesn't matter).

Placing a guild rally banner lasts a long time (several minutes at least, I'm not sure of the max duration) or until the person that summoned it moves a bit away from the banner, like you can hang around close to the banner but if you run off for 3-4 seconds it disappears.

And that's guild rally banners and using rally scrolls. Both are a 1 hour cooldown after use.

edit: oh you can't use guild rally banners to teleport into instances/dungeons, just outdoor world areas, and you can't rally banner to a zone that you can't normally enter (like level 44 and below can't banner to expansion zones outside of Tempest Bay)

What determines which banner you teleport to? Rank of the person that placed it?

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

Oddity posted:

What determines which banner you teleport to? Rank of the person that placed it?

There can only be one up at a time.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Invites caught up to here. If you weren't online, sexy chef has sent them to your mail.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
Wound up rolling a new cleric because I want to tank but warrior tanking just ain't doing it for me. Also Dwarves. Can I get an invite on Beardogenesis?

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

Eltoasto posted:

Invites caught up to here. If you weren't online, sexy chef has sent them to your mail.

I cracked up laughing when I came to this post :golfclap:

lsp
Sep 1, 2008

Oh my glob. What the stuff are you doing?

Ninkobei posted:

I must have failed the trials because I ended up in this:

Here's the leadup to where you ended up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1jFpkiQt-o

lsp fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Jun 30, 2013

Kirtan
May 17, 2011

Pro-click.

old chubbyknees
Jul 10, 2006
Who bez?
Could I get an invite to the guild? I'm in as 'Fat'

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Do the cash-shop exp boosts last from 50-60? Just checking before I drop IRL money.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
Someone from my guild told me they are less effective for characters of level 50+.

Anyway, I just arrived to Cape Jule and holy poo poo is this transition extremely poorly designed. It takes me 30-45 seconds to kill one regular enemy and I have to kill 16 of them you say? I can't round up several of them either because then I get smacked silly. This is not how you do expansion introductory area, Trion :mad:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

lordfrikk posted:

Anyway, I just arrived to Cape Jule and holy poo poo is this transition extremely poorly designed. It takes me 30-45 seconds to kill one regular enemy and I have to kill 16 of them you say? I can't round up several of them either because then I get smacked silly. This is not how you do expansion introductory area, Trion :mad:

IMO, the intro areas for Cape Jule and Pelladane are tuned for people in mid-tier 1 gear. This is stupid, and was brought up several times in beta, but forum warriors beat the drum that you should be "forced" to do Ember Isle and even some raiding before doing Storm Legion.

Seriously. :rolleyes:

faight
May 26, 2006
Just coming back to the game, can I get an invite on Teufelin? I'll pop in the channel as well.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
I expected as much since I was told off by some guy in the global chat and his reasoning was even poorer ("I guess you never played Everquest 2?" - yeah, great, let's defend bad with worse).

WhiteBoyShuffle
Nov 1, 2004
If I had a few thousand credits to burn, what should I get? The extra bag slots or the trade skill extension look good. I already have the Storm Legion souls.

MPiedlourde
Jul 31, 2003
May I have an invite on Etc please?

Vafthrudnir
Apr 6, 2009

FRUNGY! FRUNGY! FRUNGY!

lordfrikk posted:

Someone from my guild told me they are less effective for characters of level 50+.

I liked the expansion starting areas because it forces you to do single target for a little while. The "pull everything on sight and aoe them all down" style of gameplay bores me to tears and I liked that it wasn't the optimal way for a couple quests. v:v:v

You quickly go back to aoe everything forever method after you get some quest greens so the whole thing is a speed bump at best.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

lordfrikk posted:

I expected as much since I was told off by some guy in the global chat and his reasoning was even poorer ("I guess you never played Everquest 2?" - yeah, great, let's defend bad with worse).

I'm pretty sure the 40% and 80% don't lose any effectiveness past 50. The only ones affected by past 50 are the veteran reward experience pots as far as I know.

Prel
Jan 12, 2012

Eltoasto posted:

1. This picture is amazing and invites should come with a signed copy.
2. I posted about a couple of alts a few pages ago that got missed in this round of invites (nothing in mail): Prelisade, Preloquent

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

lordfrikk posted:

I had the same experience, but din't worry, you iust need to soldier on for a little while: once you get some queat greens everything starts to die faster.

It's actually pretty fun when you actually feel a lot more powerful as you do more quests.

One thing you need to do, though, is check your build. An optimal leveling build will go a long way.

Pun
Oct 7, 2002

I'm not gonna lie to ya, I'm a very big man. A little bit of lube sometimes - it's just the humane thing to do.
Can I get an invite on my alt named Pun.

Thanks

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

Kreczor posted:

I'm pretty sure the 40% and 80% don't lose any effectiveness past 50. The only ones affected by past 50 are the veteran reward experience pots as far as I know.

Confirming that cash shop potions increase exp from all sources, last for 2 hours even through death, and have no level limitations.

The veterans' reward exp potions that give you +50% and +100% exp from mob kills only, last the same amount of time, but once you are level 51, they only give a 10% boost to mob kills. No quest/rift closing/foothold bonus exp only the exp from the mobs themselves. Still nice!

edit: guild invites caught up to here

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

WhiteBoyShuffle posted:

If I had a few thousand credits to burn, what should I get? The extra bag slots or the trade skill extension look good. I already have the Storm Legion souls.

It's hard to say for certain. If you don't already have patron it is a pretty nice option, but the other two options you listed are also good. Mounts are also an option, though you cannot use 150% speed ones until level 60.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Someone invite my alt Torgaddon?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

The storm legion souls are the best thing to spend your money on, but they are a hefty chunk of change, $20 or so I think. If you want to just put $5 in and get some stuff, I would recommend unlocking bag slots, the brevanic portal generator, or maybe just some patron time to make leveling easier.

Serai
Dec 28, 2009
Is the goon server US only? Can't seem to find it from this desolate place.

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Serai posted:

Is the goon server US only? Can't seem to find it from this desolate place.

Check the settings at the launcher, you can change your zone there. Change it to NA and come play with us!

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
Characters LadyNaga and Roseby would like to join the guild!

WhiteBoyShuffle
Nov 1, 2004
As for the cash shop stuff, are most of the stuff per character? I know the bag slots are, but was looking at the portal generator as well.

Edit: characters are still on Threesprings before the move. May just roll new guys back on Derpwood.

WhiteBoyShuffle fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jul 1, 2013

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!
I'm at just the right height when I set behind Hedo now.

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

My mustache makes me sexy, not the hat

Are bag slot and profession unlocks per char or global for all your guys? Don't want to waste the points on that if its only per char

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Langolas posted:

Are bag slot and profession unlocks per char or global for all your guys? Don't want to waste the points on that if its only per char

Per character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I think the cluster just crashed. :smith:

• Locked thread