Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~
SD Maid just saved me 2.5 gigs of space. I love this thing so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I joined the Facebook beta test thing (because I like testing new things and I'm an idiot) but this line in the post made me laugh:

quote:

Because the beta build will have features that are still in progress, the app may be less stable than you're accustomed to.
:v:

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

ThermoPhysical posted:

Any one have an idea what a "mobile megaphone" is?

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK
Being able to use Android's new Camera app while on S3 4.1.2 is sickkkk

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug

Geno posted:

http://www.droid-life.com/2013/06/27/download-new-stock-camera-app-from-google-play-edition-phones/

Didn't see the link, but here it is!

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Geno posted:

So I have a plain Jane S3 on 4.1.1, can I use this? Will it overwrite the current camera app and can I remove the Google camera if I don't like it?

Geno
Apr 26, 2004
STUPID
DICK
Ah, thought it was already posted, my bad.

Mercury Hat posted:

So I have a plain Jane S3 on 4.1.1, can I use this? Will it overwrite the current camera app and can I remove the Google camera if I don't like it?

Doesn't overwrite it or the lovely Touchwiz Gallery but you can disable Touchwiz Gallery (so it doesn't show up in the Apps list) and yes, you can remove the Google camera if you don't like it.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Is there an app that would let me save whole webpages for later off-line viewing? I don't have internet access on my tablet at work, but I'd like to be able to save, say, the Liberal Crime Squad FAQ at home so I can open it later when I'm playing at the office.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

gradenko_2000 posted:

Is there an app that would let me save whole webpages for later off-line viewing?
Opera has that feature.

BluDiE
Jan 2, 2008

Don't you get it?!?
Everybody loses, now
THAT's WINNING!

gradenko_2000 posted:

Is there an app that would let me save whole webpages for later off-line viewing? I don't have internet access on my tablet at work, but I'd like to be able to save, say, the Liberal Crime Squad FAQ at home so I can open it later when I'm playing at the office.

Pocket does that rather well, and you can add tags for easy searching.
Android App

BluDiE fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Jun 28, 2013

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

This seems to work just fine on a RAZR HD as well. You don't even need to be rooted to get the original camera and gallery apps out of the way, they can be disabled.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
edit: I am dumb

Sober fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Jun 28, 2013

gariig
Dec 31, 2004
Beaten into submission by my fiance
Pillbug

gradenko_2000 posted:

You can use the Chrome Google Drive plug-in to save a web page as a PDF to Google Drive then pin it on your tablet. Pocket is OK but sometimes it will remove important formatting or images.

EDIT: I lied. I thought it did PDF but it doesn't. You can save as MHT but I don't think Drive can open it

gariig fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Jun 28, 2013

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

Gmail updated so you can select items by tapping the picture to the left. It's much nicer and something I'd tried to do before because it was obvious and it didn't work. Google Search also updated and I guess it does TV stuff now?

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Doctor rear end in a top hat posted:

Gmail updated so you can select items by tapping the picture to the left. It's much nicer and something I'd tried to do before because it was obvious and it didn't work. Google Search also updated and I guess it does TV stuff now?

Jesus, didn't they start rolling that particular update out over a month ago? Why does it take so long for poo poo to get out in the wild?

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

1st AD posted:

Jesus, didn't they start rolling that particular update out over a month ago? Why does it take so long for poo poo to get out in the wild?
The Play Store says the update is from June 27. I know I couldn't select by tapping the picture before because I'd tried it.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

I guess I jumped the gun on the new Gmail, because I remember downloading that apk a long time ago.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I had that update from a month ago, but there was another update yesterday that did something.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Still no Select All option though.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

There was also a recent update to the browser version of Gmail that has a "mark all as read" script which is super useful and I wish the app had this.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Gmail updated so you can select items by tapping the picture to the left.

I saw that in the release notes but...I've been doing that since they redesgned Gmail?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
No, it was still long press.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Maybe we're talking about different things.

For a couple of weeks, I have most definitely been selecting multiple emails by tapping the square picture icon thingy to the left.

the littlest prince
Sep 23, 2006

Thermopyle posted:

For a couple of weeks, I have most definitely been selecting multiple emails by tapping the square picture icon thingy to the left.

Same. It has been pretty finicky though, I accidentally open stuff all the time.

e: Does seem more reliable now, surprisingly.

the littlest prince fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jun 29, 2013

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

Thermopyle posted:

I haven't be able to, it would always open the mail. The thing that really bothered me was if you long-pressed to select one (and be in select mode) you still had to long press other emails to select them, as just tapping them would open them (and get rid of your selections).

Sterf
Dec 31, 2004

Thermopyle posted:

Same here, that's not new at all for me :confused: Not a long press either.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

So this updated camera app that's floating around, if I install it, will I have to manually do updates after it, or will automatic updates happen like normal? Actually, does the camera app only get updated in a new android version? I'm on a Nexus 4, I thought I remember reading something about it replacing the camera app that I already have.

I'm confused by manually installing apks in general. Does it stop auto-updates for every app? Just sometimes? Ugh

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

myron cope posted:

So this updated camera app that's floating around, if I install it, will I have to manually do updates after it, or will automatic updates happen like normal? Actually, does the camera app only get updated in a new android version? I'm on a Nexus 4, I thought I remember reading something about it replacing the camera app that I already have.

I'm confused by manually installing apks in general. Does it stop auto-updates for every app? Just sometimes? Ugh
If the sideloaded app has the same signature as the one in the Play Store then updates will come from there just fine. The camera though is a system app and has historically never been updated over the Play Store so the only way you'd be getting this update would be via an OTA system update.

FlyingCheese
Jan 17, 2007
OH THANK GOD!

I never thought I'd be happy to see yet another lubed up man-ass.
So after fixing a butt-ton of tags, I'm ready to reupload all my music to Google Music. I want to delete all of my uploaded songs but keep all of the music in the Free & Purchased section, but I don't see that option. Is there a way to do this? I suppose I could download them all and then add them to the tracks to be uploaded, but I didn't want them to be added to my local music library (I like only whole albums there). Any suggestions?

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

FlyingCheese posted:

So after fixing a butt-ton of tags, I'm ready to reupload all my music to Google Music. I want to delete all of my uploaded songs but keep all of the music in the Free & Purchased section, but I don't see that option. Is there a way to do this? I suppose I could download them all and then add them to the tracks to be uploaded, but I didn't want them to be added to my local music library (I like only whole albums there). Any suggestions?
Go to https://play.google.com/music then settings cog->Music settings and click the Delete My Library Button

Just tick the first box.

FlyingCheese
Jan 17, 2007
OH THANK GOD!

I never thought I'd be happy to see yet another lubed up man-ass.
Oh man, I never thought to actually click that button. I blame the scary wording in the description.

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

Go to https://play.google.com/music then settings cog->Music settings and click the Delete My Library Button

Just tick the first box.

Interesting, they finally fixed this. Before you had the option to delete your library, but if I remember right it nuked everything, uploaded or purchased.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
Is it just me or is there still no way to view hangouts history in the Gmail app?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Is it just me or is there still no way to view hangouts history in the Gmail app?

Nope. Web only for now.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
Is there really no app for Amazon Instant Video? I have Prime and yet I can't watch my HD Star Treks!

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Farecoal posted:

Is there really no app for Amazon Instant Video? I have Prime and yet I can't watch my HD Star Treks!

Only if you get a Kindle Fire. Although I'd imagine that XDA has pulled the app from kindles and you may be able to find it there.

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~
Free Moon+Reader today from appgratis https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.flyersoft.moonreaderpj

This is not the regular free version, it's a special pro version that will only be available today.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Athenry posted:

Only if you get a Kindle Fire. Although I'd imagine that XDA has pulled the app from kindles and you may be able to find it there.

XDA?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

the kawaiiest posted:

Free Moon+Reader today from appgratis https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.flyersoft.moonreaderpj

This is not the regular free version, it's a special pro version that will only be available today.

Eh. I currently have Perfect Viewer, but I'm grabbing this anyway. I might like it better. Thanks for the heads up!

XDA Developers. From what I can tell, it's THE place to find custom Android stuff, like ROMs, as well as the APK files for specific features of a ROM, like the Google Play Branded phone's new Camera APK, or the Kindle Fire's Amazon Instant Video APK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Kheldarn posted:

XDA Developers. From what I can tell, it's THE place to find custom Android stuff, like ROMs, as well as the APK files for specific features of a ROM, like the Google Play Branded phone's new Camera APK, or the Kindle Fire's Amazon Instant Video APK.

All I could find was stuff about Android tablets, but I have a Galaxy SII

• Locked thread