Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Good to be able to play you again Yardbomb. Your Wonder Woman sucks worse than mine! :smugbert: But who am I to say. I have no clue what to do with any of the other characters. I spend half the matches just trying to figure out their specials. It was fun though.

My entire Wonder Woman basically consists of trying to abuse that crazy jumping 3 and her weird shield stance so I'd like to hope so haha.

Yeah though, I've been enjoying the both random matches with anyone I can get to do it. Even though I occasionally get people I have zero idea about (Cyborg, Catwoman, Killer Frost, Green Arrow etc.) it's good fun when the other guy's equally stumped with the character they got dealt. See: Foodahn and I both getting Catwoman and spamming whips and hops at each other just out of range the whole time, that was just a saga of miserably bad gameplay. :v:

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Jun 28, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Yardbomb posted:

See: Foodahn and I both getting Catwoman and spamming whips and hops at each other just out of range the whole time, that was just a saga of miserably bad gameplay. :v:

Is it on video somewhere?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Is it on video somewhere?

Sadly nope, it was pretty much the best/worst thing ever though. The whole first part of the fight was just us throwing whips at nothing, then we figured out her leap and slide moves which was another whole segment of us under and overshooting moves, then it pretty much just turned into us jamming out piddly combos. It was terrible but incredible seeing two people be so bad at playing the same character at the same time. :allears:

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...
I'm gonna be on for a bit practicing if any Xbox Goons want to join me. I could use a superhuman beat-down.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Unbound posted:

I'm gonna be on for a bit practicing if any Xbox Goons want to join me. I could use a superhuman beat-down.

I'm coming on now. Is there a tournament tonight? I missed the last one.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
I was reading the comments on one of the pictures on Injustice's Facebook page and found these.

:psyduck:

I don't even know what to say...

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Though unrelated to that, the title is pretty dumb. It feels like it was chosen based on an earlier story draft too.

The subtitle doesn't really fit the story on the game.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

nunsexmonkrock posted:

I was reading the comments on one of the pictures on Injustice's Facebook page and found these.

:psyduck:

I don't even know what to say...

"The One?"

Neo?

I have literally never seen the Christian God any god referred to as "The One."

Aphrodite posted:

Though unrelated to that, the title is pretty dumb. It feels like it was chosen based on an earlier story draft too.

The story is how Superman and other metas are pretty much gods that can do whatever they want if they feel like it.

I guess it's more clear in the comics than the game itself.

Lavareef
Feb 5, 2009

I'm in a TINY bit of trouble
I think the subtitle's really fitting, seeing as how they have the powers of gods, yet the basis of the story is of Superman letting his 'mortal' emotions get the best of him and cloud his judgement.

sentrygun
Dec 29, 2009

i say~
hey start:nya-sh

Aphrodite posted:

But they talk about gods in the beginning and say 'what does that make us'

and then it never comes up ever again, but still!

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Lavareef posted:

I think the subtitle's really fitting, seeing as how they have the powers of gods, yet the basis of the story is of Superman letting his 'mortal' emotions get the best of him and cloud his judgement.

So it's basically every Greek epic ever told? :v:

I feel really dirty comparing those two things.

Lavareef
Feb 5, 2009

I'm in a TINY bit of trouble

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

So it's basically every Greek epic ever told? :v:

I feel really dirty comparing those two things.

Injustice is the Odyssey of our times. Future generations of scholars and students will look back on it and say with wonder "Why didn't they ban Scorpion?".

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

"The One?"

Neo?

I have literally never seen the Christian God any god referred to as "The One."

I think he meant "The one true god" or something of the sort. Who knows.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Lavareef posted:

Injustice is the Odyssey of our times. Future generations of scholars and students will look back on it and say with wonder "Why didn't they ban Scorpion?".

I look forward to the Future-based Folk Music about Scorpion destroying Superman.

Also, thanks to Blast Fantasto for the practice earlier. It's been a bit since I've used Batman, so I'm sorry if it was a little cheap.

Unbound fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Jun 29, 2013

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Unbound posted:

I look forward to the Future-based Folk Music about Scorpion destroying Superman.

Modern troubadors have already popularized his struggles toward financial independence.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Calamity! Sorry man. I got your msg on XBL super late after I had left myself in training mode for a few hours last night. We'll get some games in soon.

Helpful Content: Knowing Your Interactables Part.1 (Power Throws)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vpN54T5zSM

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
There will be CEO 2013 Injustice pools going on all day at http://www.twitch.tv/funkyp

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

I just got this as a gift, and I'm having a blast with it even though I'm terrible at the timings. I ended up skipping most of the tutorial because I just could not get the timing down on combos into supers, I spent fifteen minutes on the batarang combo alone before giving up and jumping into story mode. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. Does anyone have any advice for someone whose main experience is ASW fighters? I know I can't mash an extra input in there or anything, I just cannot figure out the timing to save my life.

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
Is Zod out yet?

Awesome Andy
Feb 18, 2007

All the spoils of a wasted life
He comes out Tuesday.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

Is Zod out yet?

Oh you'll know when he's out.

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

AndyElusive posted:

Oh you'll know when he's out.

Because I'm going to try him then probably do even worse with him and give up on the game forever until they release Zatanna.

Unbound
Dec 11, 2012

Atlantis for best map

All others are bugged...

Mr.Unique-Name posted:

Because I'm going to try him then probably do even worse with him and give up on the game forever until they release Zatanna.

Just use the foot laser until you win. That's what I'm going to do.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!

Equilibrium posted:

There will be CEO 2013 Injustice pools going on all day at http://www.twitch.tv/funkyp

Rico Suave is incredibly bitter he lost to a Scorpion... it's been a couple of hours and he's still at it.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
Rico loving hates Scorpion. He's been blowing up Perfect Legend non-stop on twitter for not being able to beat him with a "DC character". Scorpion is hella scrubby especially in a ft2 so I can understand why he's pissed.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
Haha the stream station at CEO for Injustice isn't a patched version. I have never seen this situation before, how does this even work?

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Naerasa posted:

Haha the stream station at CEO for Injustice isn't a patched version. I have never seen this situation before, how does this even work?

Ruling was simply to update the stream console and let all the previous results ride.

I understand why Jebailey won't let the bracket re-run, but for all the fun people were making of Rico being salty as gently caress about scorpion, he ended up right. It really is pretty bullshit.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
There have been so many Scorpions on stream I can't believe it took this long for someone to notice regular teleport hitting mid. There have been so many Scorpions I cannot imagine how pissed off people like Rico are right now.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
I haven't seen a single person using down against Scorpion all day. What's wrong with people?

IronMcHardSteel
Mar 29, 2010
Fun Shoe

Krad posted:

I haven't seen a single person using down against Scorpion all day. What's wrong with people?

All the people crying so hard about it are the kinds of people that just want to press all the buttons and get really frustrated when they can't press a button for a few seconds.

My Crab is Fight
Mar 13, 2007
I think it's more that people don't want the game to degenerate to having to hold down all day whenever a Scorpion shows up. That's what I end up doing when I run into a Scorpion, and it works but it's boring as gently caress and isn't 100% successful if the Scorp actually knows how to use the character beyond mashing on the teleport all day.

Meter burning a B3 or something might work if he has no bar, but if he has a bar then his teleport will probably beat that too. In any case, I think we'll have to wait til CEO's Injustice finals to see if he's really as good as he's made out to be.

My Crab is Fight fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Jun 29, 2013

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

:siren:DRAMA:siren: at CEO:

Someone apparently had a wireless pad plugged in to one of the Xboxes during a match between JRosa and Circus, and paused or sat on their controller or something right in the middle of the last match in a set with a pretty clear advantage to one of the players. They ended up having to run it back from the top despite literally being within the magic-pixel holy poo poo Daigo parry range of impossible comeback - lots of salt all over the place.

strangemusic fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jun 29, 2013

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
The reason that people aren't "holding down" against Scorpion, as you suggest, is that good Scorpion players never use the teleport non-metered unless they're in a situation where you're not going to be ducking it.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx

strangemusic posted:

:siren:DRAMA:siren: at CEO:

Someone apparently had a wireless pad plugged in to one of the Xboxes during a match between JRosa and Circus, and paused or sat on their controller or something right in the middle of the last match in a set with a pretty clear advantage to one of the players. They ended up having to run it back from the top despite literally being within the magic-pixel holy poo poo Daigo parry range of impossible comeback - lots of salt all over the place.

He wasn't down to a pixel, he would have died to another slide or f3 landing but it wasn't like he was anywhere close to getting chipped out.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Deg's Harley Quinn just went ham all over DarthArma's Batman, it was pretty awesome: http://www.twitch.tv/funkyp

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Yeah, some of the best Injustice matches all year by far going on right now.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
Oh and if you didn't see Chris G vs noobe's Doomsday earlier watch this poo poo immediately:

http://www.twitch.tv/funkyp/b/423466137?t=05h19m12s

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

These Harley players, :drat:

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Equilibrium posted:

Oh and if you didn't see Chris G vs noobe's Doomsday earlier watch this poo poo immediately:

http://www.twitch.tv/funkyp/b/423466137?t=05h19m12s

That match was great, especially the ending. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emo Szyslak
Feb 25, 2006

Holy poo poo that finish

• Locked thread