Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Cobalt Chloride posted:

So I'm dumb and thought that the Apollo reference was the the Apollo 1, and that it meant L Ron was really responsible for the fire, and that they were worried for Wally because he was part of the backup crew.

But it being Apollo 7 probably makes more sense, since Wally was actually on that one and since Team Venture probably stopped whatever L Ron had planned. :downs:

Go to hell Ron, L Ron.

I think we're all overthinking that badge waaaay too much: http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/11/l_ron_hubbard_c.php

He was in the Navy during WW2 and loved sailing (supposedly outside international waters so he could get up to certain questionable things) and since he bought the ship in 1968 it makes sense he'd name it Apollo and give it a "navy-like" designation of CVS-1...despite that article not mentioning that string at all.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Jun 30, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

X_Toad posted:

Hank, on the other hand, just seems to want to scam people and so comes up with fancy names and descriptions for dishes that are worthless, and have people pay high price for it.

I would buy a Corn Chip Mountain.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
Everyone talks about ORB being the episode that messes with people hoping for some grand epic storylines. What about Twenty Years to Midnight and the Contact plot twist?

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I think we're all overthinking that badge waaaay too much: http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/11/l_ron_hubbard_c.php

He was in the Navy during WW2 and loved sailing (supposedly outside international waters so he could get up to certain questionable things) and since he bought the ship in 1968 it makes sense he'd name it Apollo and give it a "navy-like" designation of CVS-1...despite that article not mentioning that string at all.

Oh no, on a rewatch Jonas specifically says the Apollo 7, I just somehow missed that. But yes, overthinking is what we do here.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

ultramiraculous posted:

Tywin Lannister

You fuckin' nerd...

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

muscles like this? posted:

There were 10 episodes for this season but the double length premier counts as two and the Halloween special counts as one more.

And I read that the season finale is going to be double length, too. So it gives us roughly 13 episodes, pretty good going.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I thought it was something like that until Jonas said Apollo 7. Apollo 7 splashed down two days after the Onassis wedding in 1968.

Not exactly sure when Hubbard would have wanted to attack Apollo 7 though...

LP97S
Apr 25, 2008

Sash! posted:

I thought it was something like that until Jonas said Apollo 7. Apollo 7 splashed down two days after the Onassis wedding in 1968.

Not exactly sure when Hubbard would have wanted to attack Apollo 7 though...

Space travel would reveal that Thetans and the Galactic Confederation don't exist :tinfoil:.

EDIT: Also the Jackie Kennedy / Aristotle Onassis wedding was a huge deal, even this historical documentary about Apollo 7 puts the wedding up there with the 68 Presidential election and the Soviet Space Program in it's rundown.

LP97S fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jun 30, 2013

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

LP97S posted:

Space travel would reveal that Thetans and the Galactic Confederation don't exist :tinfoil:.

Well, considering he somehow turned himself into a Thetan, I suspect it's more that he wanted a private monopoly on space travel or something crazy like that.

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

Got my first 2 shirts from the shirt club, along with 2 Hankbucks. I need to figure out what to do with them, maybe frame them in a "first dollar" made sort of way and put it in my office.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Arglebargle III posted:

I would buy a Corn Chip Mountain.

It's basically a frito pie without the chili.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I'd watch the hell out of a Jonas Venture show

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Sash! posted:

I'd watch the hell out of a Jonas Venture show

I might if this were the 50s.

I dunno, what we know of the "Rusty Venture Show", it just seems like a typical crappy serial.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

There already is a Jonas Venture cartoon. It's called Johnny Quest.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Doctor Reynolds posted:

There already is a Jonas Venture cartoon. It's called Johnny Quest.
I was going to say "but Johnny Quest doesn't have the implied sodomy that I look for in my Rusty Venture cartoons", but then I think... Dr. Quest and Race Bannon are on pretty cordial terms, you know.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
drat, I'd better pick up the Season 3 DVD this week. I was just looking at the descriptions on iTunes for the episodes (I want a physical DVD instead of being tethered to Apple) and my interest is again piqued.

Some people at work were talking about technical design and system troubleshooting, and I was going to mention the episode where they go to troubleshoot the space station that has ONE "fault" light.

"It's OFF!"
"It's ON!"
"It's OFF!"
"It's ON!"

"Boys, that's called blinking."

"Now it's just regular on!"

Three-Phase fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Jul 1, 2013

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot
As many times as I've seen "The Better Man", I only just noticed that The-Master-as-Dean is using what appears to be a Vacuum Boom-Vroom.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Wow I didn't notice until just now the L Ron robot has a cravat on.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

JetsGuy posted:

I might if this were the 50s.

I dunno, what we know of the "Rusty Venture Show", it just seems like a typical crappy serial.

I mean the real Jonas. Roughing up Greek pirates, fighting whoever, needless killing, key parties, all of it.

Action Man has a line at one point that's something like "fly down to Florida to laugh it up with the Mercury boys, arch Castro for a couple hours, then off to Vegas to the Sands to catch Sinatra's last show." That show is what I want to see.

Sash! fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Jul 1, 2013

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Molostro :swoon:

soupcan58
Mar 13, 2008

You blew my mind, man!

Of course Shoreleave came up with a couple name for them.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

Monstrotov

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
If they did an episode of the old Team Venture back in the sixties, it'd be awesome if they did some pop deep culture research and have nerdy references somehow finding their way into that era of the VB.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Oh, yeah, cool, bring a guy named "Headshot" to bring in a guy alive.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
Brock looks like he's done up like Marv from Sin City

soupcan58
Mar 13, 2008

You blew my mind, man!

Wait a second, that one guy sounds a hell of a lot like The Alchemist.

EDIT:

HANK IS STILL WEARING THE GODDAMN SUIT!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Here is this weeks t-shirt
http://www.titmousestuff.com/collections/venture-bros-2013-shirt-club/products/venture-bros-shirt-club-no-5-o-s-i

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

Dana Snyder!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
:stare:

Oh...well those are Hatred's tits...

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Holy poo poo that comment Dean made.

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

48DD...

And that was totally Ken Doll Michaels.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

bobkatt013 posted:

Holy poo poo that comment Dean made.

what I came to post

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
THE NOZZLE!

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Love it. I like the ones that are just simple logos from organizations.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Wait... not actually Bowie? :aaa:

soupcan58
Mar 13, 2008

You blew my mind, man!

Whoa, Bowie's not actually The Sovereign? That's actually kinda a shock.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

...so where is the REAL Bowie!?

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Ah, it was Headshot who let her out, wasn't it?

EDIT: Dean's gotta just be making poo poo up to sound badass.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Aaaagh eye lockpick

oh poo poo Dean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Oh Dean :(