Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Is the new DLC supposed to spawn level 55 enemies in TVHM? That guy took forever to kill and I doubt I'd have been able to do it at all if he hadn't constantly fought the other enemies and mysteriously stopped moving for no reason sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

haveblue posted:

Is the new DLC supposed to spawn level 55 enemies in TVHM? That guy took forever to kill and I doubt I'd have been able to do it at all if he hadn't constantly fought the other enemies and mysteriously stopped moving for no reason sometimes.

On occasion the game will.

Then again, i was fighting a level 74 tree at some point doing a quest(which was hilarious)

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

56k posted:

Does reset let you pick what you want to reset or does it reset the whole thing?
It resets the whole thing as far as I know.

Finally finished the badass round of magic slaughter today, and the King of Orcs dropped a Nasty Ogre for my trouble! Won't be needing to do that again any time soon.

Now it's just the dragons. I think I need some new gear to kill these things.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
The only way I can kill them is with the gunzerker with an infinity and a grog nozzle/ruby on the off hand.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Well thanks to Marogareh for giving me a load of legenderies to play with, up till that point I was using mostly Moxxi guns which are decent enough, but I've realized that there's situations I (Siren) struggle a lot in.
From my experiences with the Raid Dragons, Sirens are overly dependent on Phaselocking to self heal, which naturally raid bosses are immune to, the passive heal in the Harmony tree is too slow to be of use in hectic situations like that.

Anywhere else though and everything explodes in a mess of status effects and fire!

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

I can kill the slag dragon fine, but after that I'm just hosed. Maybe I should put a grounded Bee on so the shock one doesn't down me instantly.

EDIT: Here's a Shift code for a purple launcher, a Love Thumper and a blue/purple relic

PS3: WTKB3-WW35J-6RCCT-ZTW3B-RJKZZ
XBOX: 5JWBB-3KKWC-TS63J-J3TJT-9XTJ6

Kifisonfire fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jun 28, 2013

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Judge Tesla posted:

Well thanks to Marogareh for giving me a load of legenderies to play with, up till that point I was using mostly Moxxi guns which are decent enough, but I've realized that there's situations I (Siren) struggle a lot in.
From my experiences with the Raid Dragons, Sirens are overly dependent on Phaselocking to self heal, which naturally raid bosses are immune to, the passive heal in the Harmony tree is too slow to be of use in hectic situations like that.

Anywhere else though and everything explodes in a mess of status effects and fire!

I specced Maya purely for Res and gun damage when I tried to help with the Raid Dragons, skipping any skill that had effects on Phaselock. Didn't do much good though. I'm going to need to come up with a better strategy, or maybe find a shield that makes me immune to fire damage. I think the fire killed me the most.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kifisonfire posted:

It resets the whole thing as far as I know.

Finally finished the badass round of magic slaughter today, and the King of Orcs dropped a Nasty Ogre for my trouble! Won't be needing to do that again any time soon.

Now it's just the dragons. I think I need some new gear to kill these things.

Could I get a dupe of that next time we're both on? I think my boom-boom commando can cause some serious pain with that.

Apr 4, 2004

by T. Finninho
Will the weapon codes just apply the weapons to your inventory? Out of curiosity what would happen if your inventory was full?

Rama of Ra
Sep 7, 2005
~Where's Sitka? Right about the middle of your thumb.~
Has anyone been experiencing problems with the new patch? I downloaded it yesterday, and when it finished installing, I was presented with an error message that stated there has been a problem during installation. The icon for the game was replaced with some default 'broken' icon, and I was unable to boot the game. I bought it through the PS Store, so I deleted the file, re-downloaded the game, and attempted to reinstall the patch. Same thing happened and now I'm depressed cause this is really the only game I play. Has anyone encountered this problem with the new patch, or with any patches? Is it on my end, and my ps3 is going to keep foiling my every attempt to revivourage my beloved time-sink? God I hope not.

Plase help me, goons. Also, apologies in advance if this was covered, like, last page.

Ninja edit for poor phone-typed spelling.

Rama of Ra fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Jun 29, 2013

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

56k posted:

Will the weapon codes just apply the weapons to your inventory? Out of curiosity what would happen if your inventory was full?

It drops them in the backpack of the first character you load; at their level.
You still get them if your backpack is full, just like skins earned for badass ranks.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

After the party exploded last night (because delepheye/Ark and Mingo's internet connections are like fertilizer and dynamite), it was down to me, Adregan, and Smashpro; we marched all the way to handsome dragon and killed him after a few respawns. I also had a Legendary Chain Lightning drop off of a Badass Wizard two floors down, because I am an alcohol wizard whose luck with RGNs increases exponentially while I'm lightly inebriated. FEAR MY POWER. I also loooved every bit of the dwarven rune hunt dialogue, that poo poo hit real close to home. I also died laughing at Tina's 'Yell down the stairs' conversation with Sal.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Whose idea were the teleporting magic skeletons? Those are the most annoying enemies I've seen anywhere in a long time.

And I love the concept of the Relentless Skeletaurs but the fact that you can't get a second wind off them is a high price to pay for it.

burntpork
Jan 25, 2010
Chaotic Neutral Necromancer mod is the greatest thing ever. +Fire Rate/+Mag Size 4lyfe.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!
I haven't seen any of the new class mods drop yet. It might be the only reason I'm still running through this on UVHM.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

delpheye posted:

I haven't seen any of the new class mods drop yet. It might be the only reason I'm still running through this on UVHM.
They appear in chests pretty often from my experience. The Siren one sucks though.

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
So I just spent forever killing The Warrior, and he died while clipping on top of the button needed to end the game.

Thanks Gearbox. :suicide:

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The commando mod isn't quite one that really suits the way I play him either. Does nothing to enhance explosions. :torgue: However it might be a fun pick for if you wanted to go non-elemental guns and buff grit so you're almost unkillable.

Apr 4, 2004

by T. Finninho
What's the commando mod and how do you get it?

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

56k posted:

What's the commando mod and how do you get it?

It boosts Grit, Ranger, and Impact skills, and depending on whether it's neutral/good/evil, it boosts accuracy, magazine size, reload speed, fire rate, or critical damage. Like all classmods in the DLC, it seems to come from the big chests that don't require dice rolls.

Apr 4, 2004

by T. Finninho
Sounds good. I'm just setting up my dude right now and gonna jump into the DLC.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

Speedboat Jones posted:

It boosts Grit, Ranger, and Impact skills, and depending on whether it's neutral/good/evil, it boosts accuracy, magazine size, reload speed, fire rate, or critical damage. Like all classmods in the DLC, it seems to come from the big chests that don't require dice rolls.

that's pretty terrible. ranger is like, the most overrated skill for the character. maybe if you can get it to 11 it would be worth it tho.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009
Hey goons. I'm looking to borderlands some more. Got a level 50 Zero and I'm doing the BGH. I also have the newest DLC if anyone is willing to go through it.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

delpheye posted:

that's pretty terrible. ranger is like, the most overrated skill for the character. maybe if you can get it to 11 it would be worth it tho.

Yeah, I think Gearbox is finding themselves in the "We can't possibly make equipment BETTER than what already exists. That would just break the game" trap. They'll probably never have something as good as the Harold and the classmods that already exist.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I think there are plenty of ways to make gear better without going nuts and making something with +10 to a skill. I mean, other than 1-2 examples and a few gunzerker combinations guns aren't really overpowered. ranger is just the dumbest because badass points are way more effective at boosting all those skills to more than 5%(or 10 with the new mod) and I'd take +5 to almost anything else than to that skill.

since we're using commando mods as a reference, the efficient tactician is my favorite because it gives a decent team bonus(sorry krieg), and you can get one with +6 to resourceful which is almost as good as any other mod with cooldown on it.

like, I feel like dlc4 commando mod wasn't really made with anything in mind. just some skills and a bonus. I wonder if the rest are like that.

anyway, I hate this game and I hate anyone that plays it. I'll be on in an hour if anyone wants to go through some biz. I have 4 other characters that have yet to finish this dlc in UVHM

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I know what you mean. I was really just hoping for something that could potentially be better than the expert grenadier mod for Commando. It's a great mod and I'm even still using my level 50 version of it, because I have yet to find a classmod that beats grenade damage+, explosive damage resistance+, and buffs to Steady and Impact. But what I hate about it is this useless +4/5/6 to Grenadier. Even with Grenadier +10 you can never hold more than 9 grenades, which I already do because of eridium upgrades.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

err, my axton has 12.

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

delpheye posted:

err, my axton has 12.

Really? I put full points into grenadier and it boosted me from 9 grenades to 9.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

yeah, what happens if you reset your skill points?

tho, when I put that mod on I don't get anymore than 12. I already had 3 points in it.

delpheye fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jun 30, 2013

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
So I finally got my Gunzerker to 50 and have UVHM. Should I fart around in TVHM for a few levels, getting some better gear, then start UVHM, or start right away?

Also, is the experience better for the DLC if I use an ~30ish character on normal or my 50 in TVHM/UVHM? I've got a 17 Mechromancer, and since I've put a bunch of points in Best Friends Forever for a quick rush to the end, I could probably do that in an evening or two if that's the best way to experience the DLC.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
Odd glitch I found... I got Gaige through Dragon Keep on UVHM, but on TVHM, the necessary dudes to open one of the doors in the Hall of Hyperion don't spawn, so I can't kill them, so she's just kind of stuck and I'm not sure I can advance the story with her on TVHM. Same goes with normal mode. Quitting out and rebooting the PS3 don't fix it.

I can't find the motivation to try the raid boss on UVHM again. I just can't.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Is that the one with the shrine in the middle of a pool of water and you have to kill a bunch of dudes? I had that happen to me twice and the only way that I "fixed" it was to murder absolutely everything. It looks like the gate opens when you kill a certain amount of dudes since the second time it happened there were still people in that area but it was opened anyway.

Sisgmund
Jan 31, 2006

I lucked into an Ogre in the Magic Circle of Slaughter (and a rare Magic Missiles! :D ), if anyone wants one. GT is Pineapple Hat and I can throw a dupe your way.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
I'm not sure if there are 'strategies' or something to a lot of the enemies in the DLC but holy poo poo they seemed like unrepentant bullet sponges.

Was there a strategy to the Skeleton King thing or is it just 'shoot them a lot?'

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Just beat the DLC with my 48 Krieg. Some thoughts:

1. I loved it! It was hard at times, especially going melee, and as frustrated as I got (sorry RazielsChild), I still had a blast.
2. One of my favorite things was the change in scenery. At last, everything wasn't shades of brown!
3. Skeleton conjurers can eat a bowl of tainted dick.
4. Skeletaurs or whatever they're called are cool, but not being able to get a second wind off of them suuuuuucks.
5. I'm not sure about anyone else, but I wasn't especially impressed by the loot in the DLC. I only got 1 really useable item, and it was a purple Jakobs shotgun off of the golden dwarf guy. The legendary I got from killing the Sorcerer was.... The Flakker. :(
6. Also, maybe I'm just remembering the other DLC wrong, but was this really short? it seems like Scarlett and Torgue were quite a bit longer, and I haven't finished Hammerlock because I got bored with it.

So overall, I'm happy with the DLC. Like everyone else said, it would have been cool to have some new weapons or something added in, but I'm willing to overlook that based purely on the visuals and the story. There are some bullshit mobs, and that trap with the moving floor platforms can be annoying as poo poo, but those are really piddly things compared to the overall quality of the DLC.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

10 Beers posted:

Just beat the DLC with my 48 Krieg. Some thoughts:

6. Also, maybe I'm just remembering the other DLC wrong, but was this really short? it seems like Scarlett and Torgue were quite a bit longer, and I haven't finished Hammerlock because I got bored with it.

If you skip all of the side missions Torgue is pretty short too. It feels like there's a lot less running around in that one then there is in some of the other ones.

Also, the gun you get from the Critical Fail mission... Learned the hard way that they aren't kidding with that flavor text. It'd be great against a shielded Pyro Pete the Invincible if the character wouldn't drop it every so often.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
I dropped my crit off a cliff.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Speedboat Jones posted:

Could I get a dupe of that next time we're both on? I think my boom-boom commando can cause some serious pain with that.
Yeah totally. Next time you're on invite me in and I'll dump some stuff.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

I'm not sure if there are 'strategies' or something to a lot of the enemies in the DLC but holy poo poo they seemed like unrepentant bullet sponges.

Was there a strategy to the Skeleton King thing or is it just 'shoot them a lot?'

there's a reason why there's not only a ton of ammo in this dlc, but almost every mini/boss encounter has ammo relics around.

don't stop shooting, be/bring a gunzerker with a hoarder mod, use guns that regen ammo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Looks like if you want a bee you should farm the treants instead. This is the third one I've seen dropped from them and I was just going around killing poo poo for fun. As much as I like the Ogre it still suffers from the same weakness all AR's have and while the seeker fires way slower it's way more powerful. Magic missile solves all slagging problems and I loving love it.

• Locked thread