Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Just tell her your apartment building makes girls fat. She'll steer clear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

Dead Man Posting posted:

Be honest how you feel. What I mean is don't be afraid to make her cry and tell her you find her wanting to be rescued off to the US a little unsettling and that she is a bit clingy for your taste.

This is a great idea. She'll either kill herself or call the cops on your for rape/drug dealing.

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

ladron posted:

This is a great idea. She'll either kill herself or call the cops on your for rape/drug dealing.

Yeah I still don't get how this is funny

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

You guys don't understand Korean girls aren't actual human beings they're wacky stalker timebombs here is my exhaustive list of evidence slash bullshit stories I overheard in a foreigner bar:

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Yeah, the last half a page seemed sort of misogynistic/dumb

DontAskKant
Aug 13, 2011

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THINKING ABOUT THIS POST)

Arctic Baldwin posted:

Yeah, the last half a page seemed sort of misogynistic/dumb usual

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
The pigeons thing was a good idea though. Never seen so many urbanites scared of a thing that you couldn't touch even if you want to touch it.

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005
Yeah, I'm not sure what the gently caress you guys are talking about. Braindance was sharing a story of a possibly mentally unbalanced woman he's seeing, and now you're living in buildings covered in pigeon poo poo.

#Kpop
This is the most Korean video I've ever seen.

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
Why are they wearing helmets?

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

worst song, played on ugliest guitar
gently caress you for making me look at something eat your kimchi had linked to.

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

joedevola posted:

gently caress you for making me look at something eat your kimchi had linked to.

You actually go to Eat Your Kimchi? Like, regularly?

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Anyways goonmeet. 5th July c/d? Also time and location? (All I heard was Gundae.)

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
They're wearing helmets because only people with brain damage could think that song was good. Also, they seem to be taking a tip from Japanese groups with the terrible gimmicky clothes and anti-dance music. The helmets seem to only accentuate their plastic surgery faces. Still, I'd like to see them at the end of a live performance, because the dance seems so physical that maybe their makeup would melt off.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Onion Knight posted:

You guys don't understand Korean girls aren't actual human beings they're wacky stalker timebombs here is my exhaustive list of evidence slash bullshit stories I overheard in a foreigner bar:

Isn't she a white girl or did I miss-read the story?

OOOOOHHHHH.... I thought the "blue eyes" thing was about her.

Can you blame a young 20 something Korean for wanting to gtfo?

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka

AmbientParadox posted:

Of course goons are to cool for eat your kimchi :rolleyes:

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Do not associate yourself with kpop or you will be shunned.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Kpop gave us Bora. All other sins are forgiven.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

vodkat posted:

You mean you actually enjoy watching those weirdos? I mean, they're weirdos, being in Korea doesn't change that. They'd be weirdos anywhere but they think they get a free pass because it's wacky and Korea.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Arctic Baldwin posted:

Yeah, the last half a page seemed sort of misogynistic/dumb

Crazy people be crazy people. I've known women who had the whole crazy stalker clingy stuff happen. The advice and jokes are basically the same on either gender. Not seeing how the last page was particularly misogynistic.

DontAskKant posted:

Also change your address and hide your laptop kids hide yo wife.

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

AmbientParadox posted:

Yeah, I'm not sure what the gently caress you guys are talking about. Braindance was sharing a story of a possibly mentally unbalanced woman he's seeing, and now you're living in buildings covered in pigeon poo poo.

Yeah, this is basically it. And, to be completely honest I was kind of hoping someone would say "yeah this is just how Korean women date go for it bro."

She's absolutely insane but so am I, and we spent the weekend together and she was great, very progressive, interesting, totally into me etc.

So I'm gonna go for it. She's super clingy before but this wouldnt be the first super clingy possibly insane girl I dated. I dont learn lessons it's just how I work.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Don't have a baby, dude.

Eldjarn
Nov 10, 2005

Puppylover
This is going to be glorious

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Ask her about your foot.

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

Cameron posted:

You mean you actually enjoy watching those weirdos? I mean, they're weirdos, being in Korea doesn't change that. They'd be weirdos anywhere but they think they get a free pass because it's wacky and Korea.

I don't go out of my way to watch them. But I'm not making GBS threads on my bathroom floor and mashing it down the drain in a fit of rage if linked to them. They're internet personalities that are well received by many and seem to be living their dream. Good for them.

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

vodkat posted:

gently caress yeah I am.

AmbientParadox posted:

It's mentioned in the first comment on the video.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

KirbyKhan posted:

Crazy people be crazy people. I've known women who had the whole crazy stalker clingy stuff happen. The advice and jokes are basically the same on either gender. Not seeing how the last page was particularly misogynistic.

It was probably that it all started with a Deadwood quote calling women "cunts"

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

The reference wasn't to women in general, but specifically to the actual cunts that they have. The quote works exactly as well with 'cocks'.

READ BETTER.

Cocksucker.

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

And I did say I was just trying to get laid.

Not that it makes it any better, just makes more sense.

Edit: but it doesn't even matter anyway, quit being such an Internet guy stereotype arctic baldwin, this isn't even the first time Christ.

Lets get back to Dungeons and Dragons discussion or something.

BrainDance fucked around with this message at 10:42 on Jul 1, 2013

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

DontAskKant posted:

Arctic Baldwin posted:
Yeah, the last half a page seemed sort of misogynistic/dumb usual

And that's why we call it The Worst Thread.

DontAskKant
Aug 13, 2011

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THINKING ABOUT THIS POST)

Bugblatter posted:

Still better than the last page of the China LAN thread

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

DontAskKant posted:

Still better than the China LAN thread

I have corrected this post for you.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Bugblatter posted:

Still better than anything in TV IV. For those, I don't use the qualifier "sort of"

TreFitty
Jan 18, 2003

ITT: we post amazing things about Korea that are amazing and lovely and awesome and unlike anywhere else in the world

Because: I'm hating being back in Korea already (after just 2 days) and have come around to the fact that America is just a better place to be for pretty much everything and oh god I've been here too long make it stop

Also, it's a way to change subject

OK, GO!

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

The sense of schadenfreude related professionalism when I see a clearly drunk businessman on the bus at seven in the morning

Also public transit is nice!

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I'll take Korean public transit over owning a car any day. I hope to never drive again.

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
:siren: Caberham's awesome Gimhae trip report :siren:

Two weeks ago I stopped by Gimhae to visit my good goon friend Andro. The weather was amazing and very clear compared to China standards. I didn't really have time to go to Pusan or do really touristy things but hanging out in Gimhae was a blast. I met some great folks, and great lurker goons.

Cheers for DontAskKant for coming all the way down and giving me a visit :glomp: Korean goons are the best crowd in east Asia! Please enjoy some pictures! A list:
  • I went to the diviest bar in Gimhae which is not divey at all!
  • Had multiple occasions:

• Home made secret-recipe Maekgolli and drinking with some Koreans
  • Value for money All you can eat BBQ for 16,000/person at Massan

• Duk Galbi date with a :swoon: wonderful person :swoon:

• Kimchi spam bap burgers

• Taught in a Korean school for a day as a special guest! Check out the text book:

• I said poo poo in the classroom, and everyone loved it. :downs:
  • Get to see how Stylish Andro was : Even Fastfood take out looks better.
  • Met up with the Gimhae Gang, they are super awesome. But my knees are numb from the Korean style sit down places. Pork Spine was delicious

• Got functionally plastered everyday, and drank dunkels during lunchtime for a boxing match.

Or buy Pusan Sen tak and drink it in the park.
  • Introduced baijiu to Koreans - it's worse than soju!
  • Introduced the China bikini.

And this, in Korea:

I love visiting Korea!

caberham fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Jul 1, 2013

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Baijiu is better than soju, capitalist lapdog. :colbert:

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

It certainly makes a stronger impression

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Jeoh posted:

Baijiu is better than soju, capitalist lapdog. :colbert:

Surely anything is better than ethanol mixed with water and saccharin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005
Taegukgi ain't got poo poo on this tearjerker

• Locked thread