Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Hietala posted:

It seems he can change sizes (at will? unknown) as his first appearance in Season 2 had him full sized.

Usually when we see him small he's inside somewhere with limited space, so I'd assume it's just more convenient for him and he can willfully change between at least those two heights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zerosix
Jun 22, 2012
http://mngacow.com/tower-of-god/s02-68/1/

more plot and Teddy :allears:

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

It seems like there were a few pages missing from last week's chapter, mostly of Rak beating up Koon.

cuntman.net fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Jun 24, 2013

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 225 days!
Has anyone translated the information about the Slayers he mentions at the end of last week's comic?

Also Le Ro! But why would he even need to sneak around? Is there someone there who could handle a Ranker?

Tiramisu
Dec 25, 2006

Hey, where did you go!? Do you really dislike seeing my face that much!?

Hodgepodge posted:

Has anyone translated the information about the Slayers he mentions at the end of last week's comic?

Also Le Ro! But why would he even need to sneak around? Is there someone there who could handle a Ranker?

If you remember a while back Lero-ro met with Koon Hachuling from Wing Tree who told him he could join if he did a boring job that Hachuling didn't want to do. Presumably the job was some sort of surveillance since Hachuling seems like a lightbearer since he can hack lighthouses.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Hodgepodge posted:

There are plenty of Rankers on the ship, including one High Ranker we've seen. Also unless you're an instructor, Rankers aren't allowed to be in the testing areas of the floors.

Cave Adapted
Jun 13, 2012

RatHat posted:

There are plenty of Rankers on the ship, including one High Ranker we've seen. Also unless you're an instructor, Rankers aren't allowed to be in the testing areas of the floors.

The Workshop battle is in the middle area where rankers are allowed, I wouldn't think they would have a kick-rear end floating cruise ship in the inner tower just for the regulars. But he's probably also hiding because wingtree doesn't want to piss off the workshop, the real question is; where is Quant?

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!

Cave Adapted posted:

the real question is; where is Quant?

Once we see a custodian instead of a security guard, that'll be quant, it's the kind of role I could imagine him being given. Actually though he probably has an even harder time hiding than Lero Ro, his face does show up all over the place on products. http://towerofgod.wikia.com/wiki/Quant_Blitz (2nd Trivia note)

big sperma shot
Jan 13, 2011

Big Cock Jerk Off with MASSIVE cum shot.

Tiramisu posted:

If you remember a while back Lero-ro met with Koon Hachuling from Wing Tree who told him he could join if he did a boring job that Hachuling didn't want to do. Presumably the job was some sort of surveillance since Hachuling seems like a lightbearer since he can hack lighthouses.

He's actually a scout, apparently.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Hietala posted:

Once we see a custodian instead of a security guard, that'll be quant, it's the kind of role I could imagine him being given. Actually though he probably has an even harder time hiding than Lero Ro, his face does show up all over the place on products. http://towerofgod.wikia.com/wiki/Quant_Blitz (2nd Trivia note)

Quant doesn't need to hide. He's a celebrity, he can go where he wants. :v:

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

Sleepy Owl posted:

Quant doesn't need to hide. He's a celebrity, he can go where he wants. :v:

Not anymore. He did just gamble away his entire life savings.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

big sperma shot posted:

He's actually a scout, apparently.

As people get stronger and stronger the line between positions blurs quite a bit. Most Rankers can be fill most positions fine, they just have a primary(sometimes more than one) position that they tend to fill. Hachuling is a Scout/Lightbearer iirc, like the FUG one that was on Koon's team. Another example is Ran who is a Fisherman/Spearbearer.

EDIT: Looks like I'm wrong about Hachuling, he's just a Scout who can hack into Lighthouses.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
The translation is kind of crap, but here's this week's:

http://mngacow.com/tower-of-god/s02-69/2/

I especially like the shot of Gator

e: The focus on "Mr. Mask" makes me wonder if we're supposed to know who he is?

TheDemon fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jun 30, 2013

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

TheDemon posted:

Koon

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Looking pretty cool there, Devil bon. :downs:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

TheDemon posted:

The eye pretty much confirms that it's Koon.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

TheDemon posted:

Koon just dyed his hair blonde, I guess. It's definitely him.

zerosix
Jun 22, 2012
Is it me or dose Baam look really strung out when he was talking to Xia Xia? :ohdear:

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

zerosix posted:

Is it me or dose Baam look really strung out when he was talking to Xia Xia? :ohdear:

Excessive altruism will do that to you, I guess.

I'm really anticipating the next chapter. I'm assuming Koon will bet on Wangnan and Akraptor, while 12 Soo will bet on Prince and Miseng. I think Prince and Miseng's brainwashing might hinder them in some ways, though; they're probably physically stronger, but less capable of rational thought.

zerosix
Jun 22, 2012

Silver2195 posted:

I'm really anticipating the next chapter. I'm assuming Koon will bet on Wangnan and Akraptor, while 12 Soo will bet on Prince and Miseng. I think Prince and Miseng's brainwashing might hinder them in some ways, though; they're probably physically stronger, but less capable of rational thought.

actually if you at it again Prince's face had some severe but comical bludgeoning signs when he entered the area. coupled with the fact that Miseng's plug has bloodstains already on it it could be assumed she was bludgeoning him before the event begun. Coupled with Prince warning his comrades of Miseng's current state I doubt he is also similarly insane.

It makes you think what kinda loons Baam's old team are affiliated with if this is the result of one day in there company.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Well, we've already seen that one of them is really creepy and the other is smug as hell and maybe a bit racist.

Silver2195 posted:

I'm assuming Koon will bet on Wangnan and Akraptor, while 12 Soo will bet on Prince and Miseng. I think Prince and Miseng's brainwashing might hinder them in some ways, though; they're probably physically stronger, but less capable of rational thought.

Koon will probably bet on some random guy he bribed before the game :v:

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
ahahah I should have guessed Koon but Mr Mask is an amazing incognito name

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 225 days!
It's interesting how Baam is being exposed to the social expectations that come with his role as a Slayer. People want him to be an demonic figure, but that seems to be either so they can comfortably hate him (if they are conformists) or so that they can take vicarious/sadistic satisfaction in his victories against the ten families. Or so they can profit from his reputation, I guess.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

I wanna know more about this guy

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

It turns out he's actually Koon and Mr. Mask is a red herring

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
http://mngacow.com/tower-of-god/S02-70/1/

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Wow, thanks for that link, the chapter I read had pages missing all over the place, this makes a lot more sense.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?

Meme Emulator posted:

Wow, thanks for that link, the chapter I read had pages missing all over the place, this makes a lot more sense.

Yeah, the first site I tried had the first panels missing too, don't know about the rest of it, but it seems like this one has them all.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

EDIT: Nevermind

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

RatHat posted:

Wait, what? I thought only 3 people could win from each group.

Wangan, Prince and Akaraptor won. Miseng dropped her baton in the fight.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Meme Emulator posted:

Wangan, Prince and Akaraptor won. Miseng dropped her baton in the fight.

And I imagine that was Koon's exact bet as well, which should give him a pretty huge advantage to start with over the others.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Sarcophallus posted:

And I imagine that was Koon's exact bet as well, which should give him a pretty huge advantage to start with over the others.

Tactics dont even play into it, he has to vote on members of Team Fried Chicken or else showing up in the tournament is a moot gesture. Theres no way he didnt vote on the people in his group. I guess he could hedge some bets against weaker members but that isnt likely.

I noticed Yiha was in the 5th match as well, which was shocking because I dont remember her being sent up.

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009
Can someone explain the rules of the game? If you're betting on individuals, is it just a chance for the top 8 (10?) to backstab their own original team by buying all the strong people in the team battle round? Also how does a round end, especially if more than half of the participants are in your original team?

Crampy Grampaw fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Jul 8, 2013

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

pinegala posted:

Can someone explain the rules of the game? If you're betting on individuals, is it just a chance for the top 8 (10?) to backstab their own original team by buying all the strong people in the team battle round? Also how does a round end, especially if more than half of the participants are in your original team?

In effect they're two separate games; the betting decides team captains and the fighting decides who goes on from among the rest. Of the 10 gamblers, only the top 6 go on to the team round to use their funds to (presumably) bid on teammates for the team round [The translation says 'recruit', which to me implies that maybe the people themselves get to choose from offers] and buy weapons for their team from the workshop.

With regard to the round ending, it's explicitly when all 3 plugs are in the holes - even when there aren't 3 plugs left to fill them, which implies that these rounds could be a total loss for everyone involved. I think for the most part they'd just discuss it if they were amicable teammates, but there's no reason someone couldn't beat up one of their own to further their own devices.

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009
I think what's confusing me is how the gamblers are decided: they were selected based on the prelim round results, but what if your team didn't have one person in the top eight?

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

pinegala posted:

I think what's confusing me is how the gamblers are decided: they were selected based on the prelim round results, but what if your team didn't have one person in the top eight?

Then you're screwed, I guess? The tournament is really swingy and potentially even unfair, but I think it's supposed to be like that.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

pinegala posted:

"That is why luck is involved bitches." <- Literally what a tourney guy said.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

pinegala posted:

I guess you'd try to make a good impression and hope to be recruited by another team. Your team is still screwed, but at least you'll make it somewhere.

Meme Emulator posted:

I noticed Yiha was in the 5th match as well, which was shocking because I dont remember her being sent up.

She was in the observatory with all the others. Also, she was on the ship and accidentally set Rak on fire.

zerosix
Jun 22, 2012
http://mngacow.com/tower-of-god/S02-71/?all

New chapter.

From the authors notes, we seem to be getting a big punchfest real soon. :ohdear:

My main question during this whole time. Where is adrossi?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cave Adapted
Jun 13, 2012

zerosix posted:

http://mngacow.com/tower-of-god/S02-71/?all

New chapter.

From the authors notes, we seem to be getting a big punchfest real soon. :ohdear:

My main question during this whole time. Where is adrossi?

She's watching the matches like everyone else, you see her right after Bhargav is introduced.