Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bah, server went down right when there was a discussion in guild about what the arrows next to planar merchant items mean. I just always assumed it ment it was an ugprade for me, but apparently it means you can upgrade the item? How do I do that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy

Carteret posted:

I think the cluster just crashed. :smith:

Seems so. Cluster 2 worst cluster.

ETA: Upside, I *think* transfers to Derpwood are opened again. I think. At least, I can transfer from Greybriar to Deepwood atm.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

Bonapartisan posted:

Seems so. Cluster 2 worst cluster.

agreed

Death Dealer
Jul 25, 2006

Worst part about it is that I just finished crafting a few things for a new player (friend of mine that came from WoW).

Not that it's hard to remake if I've lost them for some reason, but I was just about to mail them.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

When are we transferring again?

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007
Also noting that Hailol currently has a queue of 83.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

Coolwhoami posted:

Also noting that Hailol currently has a queue of 83.

And it's still a recommended server, haha.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can we call it Hyrule instead? That somehow has more dignity than having to say Hailol.

Death Dealer
Jul 25, 2006

We're back up!

Hopefully it doesn't come right back down.

Edit: We're almost back up?
Edit 2: Had a hiccup on their side apparently, but definitely back up now.

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy
Confirmed. As of RIGHT NOW Deepwood is open to transfers.

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

Bonapartisan posted:

Confirmed. As of RIGHT NOW Deepwood is open to transfers.

Vote changed to this

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Is it open to people who do not have a character there?

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Transferring back to Deepwood, let's go home.

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004

Eltoasto posted:

Is it open to people who do not have a character there?

People in guild were saying yes they could transfer there without any characters, so I went ahead and did it. Hopefully it stays open for awhile.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Earliest I pull the trigger is after the raid on Monday unless Hedo gives the clear, since he is basically that raid leader.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010

Eltoasto posted:

Earliest I pull the trigger is after the raid on Monday unless Hedo gives the clear, since he is basically that raid leader.

We have already moved.

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004

Eltoasto posted:

All we lose out on is Twins in FT, and we were going to do EE on Monday anyways.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Post poste posted:

We have already moved.
Also the guild is <Goon Squad> now.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

anthonypants posted:

Only not quite.

Mandragora
Sep 14, 2006

Resembles a Pirate Captain
Dumb tank question: I started up a warrior and I've been blitzing through content pretty easily with the standard WL/Champ build, a tempest/riftblade spec kept in reserve for crowded IAs. I'd really like a tank build I can use while leveling sub-50 though, and I'm not a huge fan of the reaver playstyle. I spent an hour poking around the warrior/guides forums earlier and all I can find are level 60 builds, an older reaver leveling-tank build and a lot of slapfights over whether or not warlords should be able to tank sans shield. Is paladin any good prior to getting all of the late game cooldowns (and similar with the VK prior to getting the passive pact gain in combat, I guess) or am I stuck playing reaver till 50+?

Death Dealer
Jul 25, 2006

As someone that did it back at launch when things were less polished - Paladin/VK is fine while leveling, your 3rd is up to you, though Reaver is far and away the preferred 3rd soul now over Warlord. With that said - I want to say the preset uses Warlord and pre-50 it isn't awful, and gives you 5% hit reduction on enemies as an aura instead of as an active ability though Reaver is still better in the long term.

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
gently caress. Now I have to clear out my auctions and mailbox again *sigh*

Windchilla
May 30, 2009
So much for moving Tuesday at the earliest. I'm trapped on this shithole two more days while I wait for my trasnfer to come back up, it'll be the death of me. Promise me you'll write.

Mandragora
Sep 14, 2006

Resembles a Pirate Captain

Death Dealer posted:

As someone that did it back at launch when things were less polished - Paladin/VK is fine while leveling, your 3rd is up to you, though Reaver is far and away the preferred 3rd soul now over Warlord. With that said - I want to say the preset uses Warlord and pre-50 it isn't awful, and gives you 5% hit reduction on enemies as an aura instead of as an active ability though Reaver is still better in the long term.

Yeah, I think the preset is some kind of a warlord-paladin hybrid. I'll give that a shot, I'm just concerned about threat on a warlord-centric build since the only strategy in lower level dungeons is apparently "pop every offensive cooldown ever and send the mobs shrieking for my throat."

I just got out of a Foul Cascade giving reaver a second try. It's not bad I guess, it just feels really clunky and the slow ramp up on disease threat makes me feel like I'm only holding enemy attention by the skin of my teeth for the first 5-6 seconds of any given fight. Unless I've got 3 points saved up from the last fight and dire corruption is off cooldown, in which case hello boys.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Can I get a guild invite for Tonaeva, please?

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

anthonypants posted:

Yay!

Drythe posted:

Only not quite.

Boo!

I was wondering about that. Why aren't we Goon Squad?

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Why aren't we Goon Squad?
It says <Goon Squad> above my nameplate, and it says Goon Squad when I press the G button on my keyboard. I give up; why aren't we?

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

anthonypants posted:

It says <Goon Squad> above my nameplate, and it says Goon Squad when I press the G button on my keyboard. I give up; why aren't we?

It's <Goond Squad>

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

anthonypants posted:

Someone must have changed the name. Said Goond Squad when we transfered.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Well hey I'll come back and see what's up, could I get an invite for Deliana?
I need to wait a while before transferring my other guy. :(

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Drythe posted:

Someone must have changed the name. Said Goond Squad when we transfered.
Yeah, and now it says <Goon Squad>. Why is there even an argument over this, log in and look for yourself.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Transferred to Deepwood; Rynce. Figured since this game lets you experience a lot more of the content for free than SWTOR I might actually have a reason to play.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

anthonypants posted:

Sorry, I meant when we were on Threesprings. So we're moving again? Yeesh!

I really love how this game has free weekly character transfers. Absolutely insane.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Sorry, I meant when we were on Threesprings. So we're moving again? Yeesh!

I really love how this game has free weekly character transfers. Absolutely insane.

Yeah, every other MMO I've ever played if they allowed character transfers at all charged crazy money for what is essentially moving some data from one cluster to another, which they're already doing all the time anyway.

Also, if you guys could hook my mage Etrele up with a invite it would be appreciated, now that you're back on derpwood.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Well they added us to the site right as we move and change name!

http://www.riftdimension.com/?p=4321

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
You motherfuckers went to deepwood instead of halilol and now someone else already has my name! :bahgawd:

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
So apparently those of us who stayed behind on Deepwood need reinvited, so I need invites again for:

Twyll
Feylan
Mirei
Faeril

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Magus42 posted:

So apparently those of us who stayed behind on Deepwood need reinvited, so I need invites again for:

Twyll
Feylan
Mirei
Faeril

Ok invitated them, even though your actions display a lack of faith!

E: Meanwhile, Hedo and Stampy work hard making feasts for our next raid, while Vandee speaks with his banker in the background, probably stealing guild funds.

Eltoasto fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Jul 1, 2013

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

Is there any way around the whole 'You cannot transfer this character because it has too much money for it's level' thing? It's a pain in the rear end, and I'd like to rejoin the guild on Deepwood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Gorelab posted:

Is there any way around the whole 'You cannot transfer this character because it has too much money for it's level' thing? It's a pain in the rear end, and I'd like to rejoin the guild on Deepwood.

Spread the wealth with your other toons? Buy a Rex and put it back on AH? It'll cost you 5%, but it's better then buying poo poo you don't need.

• Locked thread