Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Humbug
Dec 3, 2006
Bogus
Preview for the new series is up. Obviously spoilers in the link.

http://www.topgear.com/uk/photos/Top-Gear-TV-is-back-2013-06-13

EDIT: Its only pictures with some explaining text. Still I look forward to the Transit hovercraft

Humbug fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jun 19, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast
Looks like another new RPC party! Maybe Angelina Jolie will show up this time. :unsmith:

11BulletCatcher
Feb 27, 2010

This Cold Ass Honkey Ain't No Jive Turkey, Ya Dig?
I REALLY need to see this taxi episode very, very badly. Please let them use the Crown Vic somewhere, PLEASE!

11BulletCatcher fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Jun 20, 2013

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I'm looking forward to the Hovervan most of all. Just give me an hour of these three trying to make a car do a thing cars aren't meant to do and I'll be happy.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

11BulletCatcher posted:

I REALLY need to see this taxi episode very, very badly. Please let them use the Crown Vic somewhere, PLEASE!

By the sound of it, we may see the return of some touring car legends and a strict no contact rule.

404GoonNotFound fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Jun 20, 2013

MechPlasma
Jan 30, 2013
Judging by these pictures, I can't wait for Clarkson Gear! With special guest Richard Hammond!

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
They got an Ambassador from India. I'm so happy :allears:

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

Humbug posted:

Preview for the new series is up. Obviously spoilers in the link.

http://www.topgear.com/uk/photos/Top-Gear-TV-is-back-2013-06-13

EDIT: Its only pictures with some explaining text. Still I look forward to the Transit hovercraft

Holy poo poo Clarkson's looking old. Almost to the point of wondering how long he'll be able to keep doing this for much longer. I mean he's only 53 for pete's sake.

VVV: It most certainly isn't. :smith:

MrOnBicycle fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Jun 22, 2013

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

MrOnBicycle posted:

Holy poo poo Clarkson's looking old. Almost to the point of wondering how long he'll be able to keep doing this for much longer. I mean he's only 53 for pete's sake.

Drinking his body weight in Gin is not doing him any favors.

jeff8472
Dec 28, 2000

He died from watch-in-ass disease
He also claims to have smoked 1/2 a million cigarettes. That has to do some damage

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Something's definitely wrong when he looks about 30 years older than William Shatner, who is 82.

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011
If you had to work with Richard Hammond and James May you would look like that too.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

jeff8472 posted:

He also claims to have smoked 1/2 a million cigarettes. That has to do some damage

Did he mean this year?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

G-Mach posted:

If you had to work with Richard Hammond and James May you would look like that too.

I doubt Clarkson is an angel to be around.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

There's a new trailer out for series 20: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4ozvZK2YPo

Was that Hammond driving his (not)granddad's cab through the Top Gear production office?

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
That's a black cab. You're thinking of his Lanchester.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
They're getting a new The Stig already? :(

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

I decided to start from season 1, on season 4 now. They seem to be all about VoxelVauxhall, a company I've never heard of before. Are they actually decent cars?

Also the teeth, god drat.

Google Butt fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Jun 30, 2013

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I'm guessing they mean Vauxhall, who make the Astra and its various chav supersport versions.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Vauxhall/Opel are the European arm of GM

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Oh god I'm so excited new top gear tonight!

Grumpwagon
May 6, 2007
I am a giant assfuck who needs to harden the fuck up.

Google Butt posted:

I decided to start from season 1, on season 4 now.

You're in for a treat. You've gotten beyond the seasons where they were figuring out their formula, and starting to get to the very good stuff. Season 10 is my favorite.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Google Butt posted:

I decided to start from season 1, on season 4 now. They seem to be all about VoxelVauxhall, a company I've never heard of before. Are they actually decent cars?

Yeah, if you've ever driven a Chevy, you be the judge.

Then get ready to watch Clarkson acknowledge upon its introduction that the Chevrolet Lacetti is just a rebadged Daewoo from Korea, and then year after year of British stars lambast it as a piece of American crap, sometimes with him joining in.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Grumpwagon posted:

You're in for a treat. You've gotten beyond the seasons where they were figuring out their formula, and starting to get to the very good stuff. Season 10 is my favorite.

Agreed. 9-12 were pretty much the pinnacle of the show. LOTS of great episodes in there. The ones before and after are still quality TV, but they really had great writers or producers or something in that span of time.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
Twenty minutes to Top Gear!

I just setup this program Tunnel Bear to get a UK IP address that can access the BBC iPlayer and it works pretty well. It's not free but isn't that expensive. The BBC is kind of dumb since this is money I would happily pay them to access their content directly.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Does the trick with Tor still work nowadays?

inklesspen
Oct 17, 2007

Here I am coming, with the good news of me, and you hate it. You can think only of the bell and how much I have it, and you are never the goose. I will run around with my bell as much as I want and you will make despair.
Buglord
I thought they'd stopped with the teeth jokes, but here we get Hammond pointing at his pearly whites, saying "You can't put a price on that".

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Google Butt posted:

I tried that when I discovered Top Gear and how great it was but got burnt out by season 3. The early ones are just too different and in my opinion not very good. I still haven't see like any of 4 to 17 except some clips on youtube.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

drunken officeparty posted:

I tried that when I discovered Top Gear and how great it was but got burnt out by season 3. The early ones are just too different and in my opinion not very good. I still haven't see like any of 4 to 17 except some clips on youtube.

Personally I think the series really started to shine around series 8, but there some good episodes before that.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
Yeah go back to episodes since about 2007 at least--some of the things they built in challenges were just epic, like launching the Reliant Robin 'space shuttle'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_b4WzWFKQ20

Since the economic meltdown I think they've had to reign things in budgetwise, so challenges have suffered in recent years in my opinion.

mod sassinator fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jun 30, 2013

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

drunken officeparty posted:

I honestly enjoy watching the transformation of the show, it's fun to watch.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Season 4 is where it really starts getting good. The episodes on Netflix are sometimes butchered (mostly the later ones) but are an easy way to watch TG.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Did no one watch it? I enjoyed this episode, it was quite hilarious. It's also probably the only time this season I'll watch SIARPC.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Cojawfee posted:

Did no one watch it? I enjoyed this episode, it was quite hilarious. It's also probably the only time this season I'll watch SIARPC.

I hated it if I'm honest. Dull and boring cars. Pretty crap and reused jokes from a few series ago. Really disappointing. Even the cinematography didn't seem on point really.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Cojawfee posted:

I enjoyed SIARPC this episode as well. Jimmy Carr's finish almost had me in tears.

The challenge was pretty funny as well..Jeremy beat the hell out of that blue car!

kylej
Jul 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer
All the people who say "Top Gear needs to be more about real cars"... please no. That hot hatch comparison at the start was awfully boring.

Anarchist Mae
Nov 5, 2009

by Reene
Lipstick Apathy

angryhampster posted:

I enjoyed SIARPC this episode as well. Jimmy Carr's finish almost had me in tears.

The challenge was pretty funny as well..Jeremy beat the hell out of that blue car!

This episode really was all about the car abuse. Jimmy Carr is a loving maniac, he's licensed right!?

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

kylej posted:

All the people who say "Top Gear needs to be more about real cars"... please no. That hot hatch comparison at the start was awfully boring.

Yea, I skipped a lot of the car reviews at the beginning of the episode. I am definitely looking forward to the limo race from the preview clip they showed. Some of my favorite episodes are the destruction-derby race circuits they make with buses, vans, etc.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Is there any word when BBC Canada will get off their useless asses and begin showing this season? Their website still says "new episodes begin February 20th," which refers to series 19.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolyDukeNukem
Sep 10, 2008

PT6A posted:

Is there any word when BBC Canada will get off their useless asses and begin showing this season? Their website still says "new episodes begin February 20th," which refers to series 19.

BBC America is airing the episode on July 8th at 8pm. So my guess is that BBC Canada is doing the same.